The Twilight Saga

IMPORTANT: I'M EDITING THIS STORY FOR A BITE SORRY FOR ANY TROUBLES BUT CHECK BACK LATER :3

AND YES CHAPTERS ARE BEING REPOSTED

BUT YOU CAN STILL SEE THE PREVIEW FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

Prologue:
After a few years Edward finally decides that he can't live without Bella any longer and immediately returns to Forks. He finds out that Bella disappeared not long after he left, and no one can find her not even the werewolves or Victoria. But when trying to find her strange things happen...
The last part was by ♥♪Demetra/Krissie Jane Iris♥♪ it's really catchy :3

CONTEST: WHICH NON-IMPRINTED WOLF SHOULD IMPRINT IN THIS FAN FIC
I have this little idea in my head but I would like to ask you which one to choose (any non-imprinted wolf, jack included), I wouldn't tell you with whom or when thought heehee:3 just wait and see

Seth: III
Jacob: I

Most Characters and Orginal storyline are created by Setphenie Meyer
(Heads Up: I have very bad grammar/spelling)

THANK YOU EVEYONE THAT VOTED FOR SEARCHING FOR BELLA FOR BEST UNDERRATED FANFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3

Chapter 1
The Return

Edward looked out the window of the plane, watching the sun subside from the violet and navy blue sky.

The clouds below were an ocean of blazing oranges and reds, flowing passed the plane like a strong current.

But it wasn't fast enough.

His fortitude was grained down to the smallest particle of dust. After being nearly half a decade away from Bella he finally capitulated from the agonizing pain.

He wondered how he was able to endure the torture for so long.

Each day seemed to last as long as his whole life.

The images of her beautiful face hunted his mine, provoking him. She was the only cure to his shattered heart.

When he left Forks, left her, his heart crumbled slowly to the ground, leaving a trail behind him like bread crumble. And as each piece fell it felt like an anchor was drop and was tied to him, trying to hold him back.

As he pulled further, their bond ripped into him like rusted cables, leaving invisible but scaring tears in his flesh and soul.

And then he began to bleed. All the happiness, warmth, and love that he ever felt poured out of him like a river dyeing the earth in a lugubrious black.

The rust on the cables infected and spread through him, twisting onto every nerve and ruptured them.

After that everything went dark. He wasn't sure if he just blacked out or passed out, but he felt like he was consumed by a black flame that he couldn't put out nor escape.

This was his punishment.

This was for endangering Bella's life and lying to her in the worst way possible. When he told her that he didn't love her anymore, he could see the agony reflecting in her eyes.

He would do anything to take back those words, and now he could only hope that she would be able to forgive him.

Forgive him for all he did to her and failed to do.

He didn't expect her gratitude. He would leave her if she wished; he would do anything for her, even give up his own existence as a small reparation for his sins.

But if there was a even a faint spark of hope that she would look at him again, as she once did before, he would gladly get down on his hands and knees and beg her to take back the pathetic and trivial vampire that he was.

The plane shook as it grounded on the runway.

He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

This was it. This was his judgment with his existence at stack.

Its conclusion would put him into euphoria or abyss.

.....To be continued

Chapter and Links:

Notify me it the links do not work properly

Chapter 1, The Return, Part 2

Chapter 2, Astray, Part 1
Chapter 2, Astray, Part 2

Chapter 2, Astray, Part 3

Chapter 2, Astray, Part 4

Chapter 3, Circumstances, Part 1

Chapter 3, Circumstances, Part 2

Chapter 3, Circumstances, Part3

Chapter 4, Flaming Music Box, Part 1

Chapter 4, Flaming Music Box, Part 2

Chapter 5, Directions from Beyond, Part 1

Chapter 5, Directions from Beyond, Part 2

Chapter 5, Directions from Beyond, Part 3

Chapter 6, Unwelcomed Greeting, Part 1

Chapter 6, Unwelcomed Greeting, Part 2

Chapter 6, Unwelcomed Greeting, Part 3

Chapter 7, Fangs and Amethyst Eyes, Part 1

Chapter 7, Fangs and Amethyst Eyes, Part 2

Chapter 8, Dying, Part 1

Chapter 8, Dying, Part 2

Chapter 8, Dying, Part 3

Chapter 9, Commence Efflorescing, Part 1

More links will be added when editing finsihes :3

Chapter 9,Commence Efflorescing , Part 4

Updated June 27:

Chapter 10, What We Are, Part 1

Updated July 3:

Chapter 10, What We Are, Part 2 Preview 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Have to do this because playlist delete all the songs :_(
SEARCHING FOR BELLA SOUNDTRACK

Dural's Theme-Death to My Hometown by Logh
Myst's Theme (thought this song suites her better)-Walking on Air by Kerli Koiv

New: Adriana's Theme- Annabel Lee by Nox Arcana

Song heard down the Stoned Stairs-Music Box by Philip Glass
Song from the Broken Creepy Music Box given to Edward
-Music Box by squid fist
Song from the Music Box given to Edward (which Myst is listening and singing to)- Music Box by Nox Arcana

Here is some of my other work:

http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/skies-...

Recondite Fervor (My vampire love story)
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/recond...

Views: 431

Replies to This Discussion

Chapter 7
Fangs and Amethyst Eyes

"Brothers!” Aro called. “Brothers, we will have guests arriving shortly.” He told them as they entered the Main Room, there the whole Volturi family gathered

Caius looked at him with curiosity. “Who is it? Heidi brought us a meal just yesterday.”

“Oh no Caius, it’s our dear old friend Carlisle.”

“Carlisle?” Caius asked with suspiciously. “We haven’t heard from him for years. What business does he have with us?’

“Apparently he and his family are in quite a dilemma. I told him to come over so I can see it in full detail. From what he had told me there was something that attacked his two sons in the oddest fashion.” Aro chuckled in amusement. “If they weren’t vampires they could have been very well dead.”

“In what way were they attacked?” Caius asked in a more interested tone.

“They were decapitated, but from what he said their heads weren’t torn off but cut off.”

“But that can’t be possible, unless some sort of weapon is able to cut through a vampire’s skin.” Marcus said in an emotionless voice.

“True my brother, or the person that attacked them had the ability to do so. “

“Are you saying that it was a vampire with a special gift, Aro?” Caius asked.

“Well I can’t say that for curtain, but it could be.” His smile widened. “Whoever it is, they could be quite valuable to us.”

There was a light sound of foot steps outside the door.

“Please enter Felix, Jane, and Carlisle.” Aro welcomed, and the door opened.

After Felix and Jane come in, Carlisle entered with his family. They line up on the opposite side of the room from the Volturi.

“Welcome my friends.” Aro raised his arms out in greeting. “Carlisle it’s such a delight to see you again. Have you reconsidered rejoining us? Of course your family is more than welcomed as well.”

Carlisle smiled politely. “It’s good to see too my old friend, but I’m afraid that I came to you about a different matter today.”

“Yes, yes, it was about that incident that you mentioned earlier. But first I would like to properly meet your family.”

“Aro, this is my wife Esme, and my children, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Jasper, and Edward.” He said their names in the ordered that they were standing. They all smiled except for Edward, who had a dead hard look on his face.

Aro smiled. “It’s nice to finally meet you all.”

“The same goes for us.” Esme returned his smile.

“Can we get on with it?” Caius interrupted.

“Patience brother, all will come in due time.” Aro walked up Carlisle and raise his arm up to him, as if to shake hands. “May I see what kind of problem you are dealing with Carlisle?”

“I think that Edward would be able to provide you with more information than me.” He replied.

Aro turned to Edward. “Would you mind if I took a look?” he came up to him and offered his hand.

Edward shook his head and touched his hand. Aro closed his eyes and began to scan his mind. As seconds passed a smile formed on his face and it grow wider and wider until he began to laugh enthusiastically.

“This is truly fascinating!” The Volturi started at Aro in surprise except for Marcus.

“Aro, what is it?” Marcus asked.

“It seems that Edward shares a strong affection with a human girl. Bella is her name.”

“A human?” Caius said in disbelief and disgust. “Are you insane boy? She could expose our kind.”

“Let me finish the story before you judge him, Caius. He left her in order to prevent her from getting into unnecessary danger. I can agree with your way of thinking Edward, a human in a family of vampire is quite a risk, but things didn’t turn out the way you hoped they would when you returned to her town?” Aro paused and grinned while looking into Edward’s eyes. “She disappeared.”

Edward didn’t respond.

“But what intrigues me the most are these hallucinations, as you called them, that you have been experiencing for a while. Do you suppose that they could be connected to your attack when you found Bella in London?”

“I can’t say.” He said bleakly.

“Ah,” Aro pressed his finger to his chin and through it all over. “And that child that you saw in the last hallucination, what can you make of it?”

“You had another hallucination? When? Why didn’t you tell us?” Alice exclaimed. His family glaze fell on him with questioning looks with a bit if betrayal. The Volturis also had their full focus on him now.

“I think that the child may be connected to everything in some way.” Edward answered Aro question, ignoring Alice’s. “I think that it could be the same girl that Alice saw, but with its’ voice it’s hard to tell.”

“Not to mention that the child is quite powerful.” Aro added. “The hallucinations that it produces are truly appalling. I don’t think that even my Jane could ever come close to it. ” Jane gave an anxious whimper at Aro’s statement. “ I have a feeling that the child didn’t use its power to its fullest extent, it may be capable for doing more damage.”

“Are you saying that the child was their attacker?” Caius asked.

“No, I believe that someone else was responsible for that. Also I think that there could be another individual that was controlling the singing boy. For all we know we can be dealing with a very powerful coven, and Bella seems to be part of them.”

Edward clutched his hands into a fist and Aro noticed.

“I’m not accusing her Edward, please don’t misunderstand. She may be just a hostage to them.”

“What do you suggest we do, Aro?” Marcus asked.

Aro rejoined his brothers and looked back at Carlisle. “I’m willing to help you Carlisle, and support you family in anyway.”

Carlisle smiled in relief. “Thank you.”

“Oh, no don’t thank me. I’m simple curious that's all. I think we will see what Demitri can find first. Edward may he have a look at that music box? It could contain some traces from the child.”

“I’m sorry Aro, but I’m afraid that I left the music box back at Forks. My family was worried that I was becoming too obsessed with it.”

“That’s a pity.” Aro frowned. “I can see why they would think that, it is a very fascinating little thing, isn’t-“

Aro was suddenly cut short when a girl emerged from the air in the center of the room.

It was hard to tell how old she was; her flat carmine hair curtained her face. It was cut in disproportionate layered strands, which resembled somewhat of a ruined mop.

She wore a large black robe that droop over her body. It was worn out and had holes in several places. Her achromatic skin from her face and hands stood out like a white spots on the black canvas.

She looked around the room through the mess of hair, and a smirk formed on her lips. She raised her arms and started to spin around.

Everyone stared at her dumbstruck. She spun around the room in a befuddled pattern, everyone eased away from her when she came close to them because she gave an odd sense of menace. After a few second she started to hum in a low tune that only a vampire could scarcely hear.

Edward caught his breath and his stomach went cold. That tune was from the music box he heard in his hallucinations.

He attempted to read her mind, to see if she was the child, but he couldn’t. The words of her thoughts made no sense and crackled like a badly scratched up disc. He tried to decipher it but it only caused him more confusion and irritation.

Aro took a step forward with Renata close behind him. “Well, who may this unexpected visitor be?” he asked in a welcoming tone.

As suddenly as she started she stopped. Her arms smacked down to her sides and her head slowly angled her body to face him.

The atmosphere became heavy tense. Demetri, Felix and the other vampires stood ready for an ambush. But instead of an attack the girl tilted her head to the side and grimed at Renata instead. She took a few steps away from them.

“I don't like her.” she hissed in a screechy witchy voice and pointed a figure at her. Her small hand was very feminine and had young smooth tight skin. Its appearance was completely contrary to her voice and the rest of her complexion.

“She makes me think too hard, too much, too complicated.” she shook her head furiously whipping her hair across the air and her face. “Don't like it. Don't like it! DON'T LIKE IT!” she shrieked.

Aro just smiled. “I do apologies for the discomfort its gives you but she is necessary.”

The girl snorted. “Lies.”

He ignored her last comment and continued. “You’re our humble guest here and I should introduce myself properly. My name is Aro, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and this,” he gestured his hand towards the vampires behind him. “Is my family. And who may you be?”

“Aro you say?” she grinned. “My name is,” she chuckled darkly. “Well I am called by many names but I will tell you the name that I want you to call me, Sangre.”

Caius arched an eyebrow. “Blood?”

“Oui monsieur. Blood can be so much fun. So much fun.” she giggled as she drifted into a daze. “You have a very big family Aro, you wouldn’t mind if I took one of them?”

Aro blinked. “Excuse me? I don’t think I quite understand.”

“To take home and keep. Like a welcoming present.” she vanished and appeared in front of Felix like a ghost. He back away in response to her stunning invisible movements and unease aura. “I want this one.”

“This is not a puppy kennel.” a low male voice came from the door that was located to the right of the room. Everyone’s eyes turn to a young man that stood there.

The way his eyes moved over the room resembled the monition of eye in a painting with spy wholes.

He was very tall, lean, looked like he was in his early twenties, and was extremely handsome. He wore a black robe with a pattern of swirling red flames and wide sleeves. It flowed on the floor, and it was hard to tell whether he was standing or levitating.

His face looked like it was a painting of perfection with the inspection of angels but it had its own small resemblance from the wicked beauty from the devil. His skin and hair colour was the same as the girls. His gleaming impassive eyes were a violet amethyst colour.

Half his hair was spiked up into a Mohawk, while the other half was closely shaved with three thin braids that reached past his shoulders.

His facial expression resembled close to Marcus. He didn’t show any real interest in anything, but it seemed to be because he found everything too simple and not fascinating, insignificant.

“Talking to someone that you intent to kill while smiling is rather impolite. You should just convey your real intentions, not just let them guess what they are.” he said in a dead tone.

“Aww, big brother why are you so serious?” he voice morphed into a sing, sweet child’s voice. “And speaking of which, aren’t you responsible for the slaughter of more vampires than me?” she crossed her arms. The room became so tense that you could probably cut the tension with a knife.

Edward couldn’t believe what she saying and she said it as if it was something customary. He heard several people gasp as they slightly shook.

“First of all, can you take off that ridiculous costume?” he asked

“But I like it!” she whined. “It makes me looked creepy.” She raised her hands and her fingers curved into claws and growled like a house cat.

“Now.” he ordered.

“Fine, you are such a meanie!” she yelled and took off the wig and robe, revealing a small, lean, beautiful and adorable little girl with straight slickly shoulder length carmine hair. She wore a short light pink dress with colourful flowers and matching white slippers. She looked like the girls you would see in advertisements.

Her farcical features were extremely similar to the young man’s and their eyes were the exact same amethyst color.

She ran up to his feet and looked at him with an angry glare. She threw the costume at his face but in a flash they disappeared in mid air and were hanging on his shoulder.

He reached into the sleeve of his robe and she watched with sudden fascination. He took out a pink bunny plushie and held in to her face, and she just stared at it for a while. Then he gave its stomach a squeeze and it squeaked.

A huge grin formed on the girl’s face and her eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. She snatched the bunny from his hand and hugged it tightly, making it squeak again.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You’re the best big brother the whole wide world!” she sat the bunny on her shoulders and began to hopping around him. “Bunny! Cute little Bunny! Bunny!” she sang happily.

“Who are you?” Caius demanded in a hard and threatening tone but the man didn’t reply nor did he even look up at him. “I demand an answer, unless you wish for your demise.”

“Now Caius, I think this man has a reason as to why he intruded into our home like his sister did. It’s that right?’ Aro smiled at him.

He just shrugged his shoulders as if to say bluntly ‘who cares, it’s none of your business anyway’.

“Let’s go home.” He told his sister and she stopped.

“Wait!” she suddenly exclaimed. She sniffed the air around him and her eyes narrowed. “You have the smell of blood. When did you get to eat a human?” The girl started to childishly whack her brother across his legs with the bunny.

The man’s eyes turned to Aro.

“I was meaning to tell you that I had your secretary for a quick snack, Gianna I think that was her name. I didn’t think that you would mind since you were probably going to eat her anyway. Not quite appetising so I don’t wholly drain her. She is dead on her table; you better dispose of her before she decomposes.” He then looked down at his sister. “If you keep doing that, it will rip.”

“You killed a human on our grounds?” Felix snarled through his teeth. Now most of the Volturi guards were more than ready to fight. Aro was no longer smiling and Caius was furious. But the two didn’t seem the least bit threatened.

“Well we need blood just as much as you do. I would like to see you go a whole month without eating.” The girl said and climbed up her brother’s back and hung her arms around his neck. Then she stuck out her tongue at the Volturi.

Her brother’s eyes turned to her. “Do you honestly have to be on my shoulders to do that? You are more than capable of handling them without my protection.”

“But you’re my big brother. It’s your duty to defend your younger sister from stupid people.”

“Your vampires?” Edward was the one who asked the question that was on everyone’s mind.

She smiled widely and for the first time she revealed her pearl white teeth with two long fangs.

“Myst, we better go now before you show them anymore.” Her brother said.

“Why did you use my nickname in front of them?” she cried. “And what about him?” she snapped her head at Edward’s directions and pointed a finger at him.

“What about him?” he asked.

She showed him her bunny and squeaked it. ‘Squeak-squeak....squeak-squeak.........squeak-squeak............squeak-squeak’ the rhythm was similar to a dying heart, a sound that a vampire knew too well.

Suddenly a chill ran through him when her brother turned his attention from the bunny to him. He never had seen those kinds of eyes before. They just kept staring at him; they were the eye that belonged to a great and powerful predator, a monster. Just by looking into them he felt so belittled, weak, and frightened for his life.

“We will talk about this when we get home.” He said in a slightly stricter tone, as if they had to discuss something urgent.

“Jane!” Aro ordered.

At the same moment there was a sudden blast and blue flames formed around the man. It roared and shot across the air. Streams of fire spiralled and bind together forming a huge long flaming dragon. Cries of fear filled the room as everyone shielded their faces from the blistering heat.

The dragon revealed burning amethyst eyes. It let out an ear splitting roar and warped it’s self around man and girl. Before they were covered by the flame Edward saw Myst smile and wave to him. And the man gave him a strange look of melancholy. The dragon slithered around the room, consuming everything that wasn’t a vampire into flames.

Then it opened its mouth sending a ball of fire to a door burning it to the ground and flew out of the room disappearing into the hall.

Edward fell to the ground panting. The fire in the room died out the moment the dragon left, leaving everything in dark ashes and the walls charcoal black. Everyone was miraculously unharmed, but they were on the ground completely petrified, even Marcus was shaken and on his hands and knees. They cried and held each other as if they just survived a horrible tornado or devastating flood.

Edward looked down the hall that the dragon took the man and girl. He couldn’t move, couldn’t look away. He was too scared to, because he felt that at any moment they would come back to destroy him.

... to be continued

Chapter 7
Fangs and Amethyst Eyes
Part 2

Everything was rushing around him, as if he was racing a car over two-hundred kilometres per hour. Though nothing but blinding blue flames surround him, his scene of hearing, sight, and touch were connected to the flaming dragon, as if they were one body.

He saw a glimpse of the secretary’s dead body through the dragon’s eyes as they flew past her. He thought about burning her to ashes, but decided to leave the mess to the Volturis.

After a few second he found an exit, a hole in an alley.

“Dural!” Myst screamed in his ear and tightened her grip around his neck as they shot out of the ground. He focused the flame to propel them higher. They spun faster, as the fire roared and crackled loader. It was like flowing in the center of a tornado.

When they were well above the city, he made an opening over their heads and pushed them up so that he was standing on top of the dragon’s back.

Two huge wings formed from its sides and flapped which made the air whoosh and blow their hair wildly for a few seconds.

Once they were steadily airborne, he felt his sister smack her bunny on his head.

“Dural, you’re big dummy!” Myst yelled.

“And you mind telling me why?” He said in an impassive tone.

“You just flew out in the center of a city in broad daylight!”

“Don’t be an idiot. You know very well that humans can’t see this fire in the day. You just want an excuse to hit me.”

She smiled sweetly. “You got me.” she giggled.

She climbed up so that she was sitting on his shoulder and started to play with her bunny on his head.

He didn’t seem to care. He stood like a statue before he turned his head to see what his sister was pointing at below them. There were three tall Native Americans standing around the outer walls of Volterra city.

“Lookee Dural! Wolfie shape shifters!” she said cheerfully. “Can I have one please?”

“You are just going to kill it anyway.”

She made a puppy frown, “But they would be so much fun for a longer time. The other toys are not much fun no more.” She mumbled and pressed her chin on his head.

She held the bunny just inches from his face and made it squeak loudly.

When they were flying over the ocean he broke the long silence. “How long were you following him?” he asked.

“Who?” she snapped out of her daze. “Oh you’re talking about BB that you saw back there, a couple of days now for two reasons.” She held up one finger, “Reason number one! As you know his heartbeat is slightly different from the rest of them, you heard it didn’t you?”

He nodded, “I was surprised that you were able perceive that it was out of rhythm, even in its early stages it’s very difficult to detect.”

“You didn’t seem surprised at all.” She grumbled under her breath but then smiled.

“What’s the second reason?”

“Oh yeah, reason number two!” She showed two fingers, “He knows Bella.”

“That’s something interesting.” But he didn’t sound the least bit interested. “By the way, where is the broken music box that you have been niggling at me about for two days?”

“I was hoping to get it today, but BB didn’t have it with him. I think that it’s back in at his house. But at least I got to see the V-Cherries.”

“Were do you come up with your ridiculous nicknames?”

“BB stands for baby boy, because he is just a weak little thing. And I call them the V-Cherries because their eyes are little red cherries plus it rhymes with Volturis.”

He just shook his head.

He lowered his altitude as a storm cloud hovered above them. They were flying over a thick forest in the northern part of Saskatchewan. A small cottage came into view in the middle of a small clearing, which was very deep and well hidden from any civilization.

They swooped down carefully to not catch anything on fire, until the dragon was hovering just over the ground.

In front of the door Bella stood there waving at them and holding her hair back from the wind caused by the flapping wings.

Myst jumped a good fifty feet from the ground and landed lightly on her feet like a cat. She ran to Bella and threw herself in her arms and knocked them both down to the ground.

“Hi baby sister, did you miss me?” she leaned up to her neck and inhaled its’ scent. “You smell so good. It just smells yummier every time.” She smiled showing her glistening fangs.

“I get that a lot.” Bella said and patted her head.

“Myst didn’t I tell you to restrain yourself around Bella, she is still a human.” He said and he got off.

He glided down to the earth slowly as a feather and when he his feet touched the ground he raised his arm, opened his hand, and flicked his wrist. The dragon behind him roared before shrunk into a small candle flame and flowed onto the center of his open palm. He then closed his hand and the blue flame was gone.

“I didn’t break any bones like I did last time. Right Bella?” she smiled up at her.

Bella smiled back. “No you didn’t, not this time at least.” She said as they got on their feet. Myst took Bella’s hand and showed Bella her bunny.

“Dural gave this to me today. Will you help me pick a name for her?”

“It’s so cute, and coarse I will.” Bella replied. She looked up and saw Dural standing by her with an emotionless face, and his dull eyes looking at her.

She has been with him long enough to know that it was his friendly and brother-like way of saying ‘I’m home.’

“Did you have fun with your sister?” she teased, knowing very well that he didn’t.

“I have some good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?”

Myst sighed. “Ah Dural you always have to be so serious, you can’t even ask ‘How was your day?’ or ‘Did you miss me?’”

The smile fell from her face. “The bad news.” She said in a small voice.

“I’m going away for a few days. I have to convey important information to the Castle of Guardians and do some errands.” His gaze turned to his sister. “So you’re going to be here alone with Myst since everyone’s is out on the week long hunt.”

“Hey!” Myst glared up at him.

A faint smile returned to Bella’s face. “It’s really not that terrible Dural. Besides everything that she does to me is for my own good.”

“Just try to keep everything to a minimum till I get back.” He said it more directly to Myst than to Bella.

“I can’t make that kind of promise.” Myst mumbled.

“The good news is that the two vampires and wolf shape shifter are still alive and doing well, so you don’t need to worry about them anymore.”

Bella’s eyes wavered with emotions. “Thank you.” Bella whispered in sheer gratitude.

He just sighed, “I didn’t do anything so don’t thank me unnecessarily.” And with that he rotated on his heels before he vanished into thin air.

“Well, as always big brother goes without saying good bye.” Myst grumbled as she stared in the direction that he left.

“But it’s kind of a good thing because if he doesn’t say good-bye you can be sure he will come back.”

Myst looked up at her, and though she was smiling, she saw pain and sadness lingering in her eyes. She didn’t like to see her new baby sister like that.

“Come on Bella.” She pulled her arm. “Let’s introduce the new bunny to her new family and then we can play tea party together.”

“You aren’t going to knock me out for three day like you did the last time?” she asked her in a serious tone.

But Myst just giggled as they climbed up the stairs to the porch. “You’re the one that said that what I do to you is for your own good.”

Bella laughed. “Touché”

Myst put her hand on the old door handle. She turned it, and it squeaked loudly, she opened the door to a dark stoned stairwell that swirled down deep into the earth. Within the pitch darkness that stretched up to them, a faint song from a music box could be heard.

End of Chapter

Chapter 8
Dying

After talking with the hard headed Guardians for twenty-four hours, they finally agreed to look into the information that the Shadow’s Eye Watchers collected and stored on ‘BB’.

He was born as Edward Anthony Masen to Edward Masen Sr. and Elizabeth Masen on June 20, 1901 in Chicago, Illinois.

After catching the Spanish influenza in 1918, Edward was turned into a vampire by Carlisle Cullen, as the only alternative from death. Carlisle then changed and married Esme who became his adoptive mother.

He was now known as Edward Cullen. Emmett and Alice Cullen, as well as the Jasper and Rosalie Hale are his adopted siblings.

The Cullen family devoted their lives to "vegetarianism."

Of course they told him about his human biography, the biography of his human parents, and the every single activity he performed during his rebellious period at the beginning of his vampire life when he left the care of Carlisle. But that information was not valid to him.

The information that he did want was there he lived. It turned out that Myst was wrong about him living in Forks; it was actually Olympic Peninsula of Washington.

But she knew every single city, town, village, and even places that aren’t marked on the any map. Once again his little sister tried to mislead him and make his job more problematic.

Since he couldn’t use his flames to fly with his dragon during the night, he had to travel buy foot.

At least when he found their home and was standing on the front driveway, appearing to be examining the house like a client that didn’t seem sold.

The Cullens didn’t return from Italy yet so it seemed that he had to make a surprised visit.

Breaking into a house was like walking into a door that someone forgot to lock and left it wide open.

He quickly found Edward’s room from the blue prints that the Shadow’s Eye Watchers had of the house.

But it wasn’t there. Then he remembered that Edward said that his family was worried that he was becoming too obsessed with the music box.

He then quickly went to Carlisle office, which he thought was the next best place to look. After searching in every single square inch of the room he didn’t find it.

“Well, where could they have put it?” He asked himself after putting the last book back to its original place on the desk. He then he went over what Edward told Aro more closely.

“ I’m sorry Aro, but I’m afraid that I left the music box back at Forks. My family was worried that I was becoming too obsessed with it.”..... “I left the music box back at Forks.”.....”At Forks.”

“At Forks is it?” he said to himself. He then looked down at a photo frame on the desk. In it was picture of the entire Cullen family of what appeared to be a family vacation in France. He picked it up and his eyes settled on Edward who stood on the left side. “Where would your family hide it from you?”

Then a thought came into his mind. Bella’s house.

It made sense; the family was close and shared almost everything with each other. He probably told them about what happened when he came into her room.

And after whatever his sister put him through, he would probably not be going back in there anytime soon.

He placed the picture back and took out his cell phone. He quickly dialled and after the first ring it picked up.

“Hi, hi Dural!” Myst answered excitedly. “Did you find it?”

“I’m on my way to get it now.” He said as he was making his way out of the Cullen’s property. “I also need you to come down here, and come prepared.”

“You mean I get to play outside?” her voice clearly stated that she was over ecstatic.

“One of the Thirteen Royal Guardians had granted you permission to only gather needed evidence on Edward Cullen. If the results match his expectations you are allowed to proceed further. He also told me to mention that he strongly warned that you are to obey his commands.”

“Awww, big brother!” she whined. “Why do I need restrictions? I need to I need to listen to that big person?”

“Because you are my younger sister and I am at an agreement with his decision.”

“Ohhhh, right. This is all your fault that I can’t have any fun! Why do I have to be related to a brother like you?”

“I’ll send you the address, and don’t get distracted along the way here, you understand?”

“Hocky docky, I just need to find someone to babysit Bella. Bye bye, I love you big brother!” She said quickly before she hung up

That’s when he knew that she did something to Bella again.

When Myst hung up the phone, she took out the needle that she injected in Bella’s arm.

Bella was sleeping on a king size bed, with snow white sheets and feathered pillows. The room was designed into a beautiful grand garden, with all sorts of wide flowers, a little pond, and pebbled path that lead to the door. The walls were a cylinder theatre screen that produced images of the blue sky and a never ending field. Different sound systems, solar lights and fans were also installed to make any human feel like they were really outside.

Myst smiled and light kissed Bella’s forehead. “Sweet dreams Bella, I promise that soon we will be like real sisters.” She whispered and jumped off the bed.

She walked out of the door into a grand hallway with red walls, draped golden curtains, red titled flooring, lustrous lights hung on the walls. The hall walls were bordered with antediluvian artworks that depict unconventional forms of empowerment, judiciousness, and hostility.

She reopened her phone and dialled.

“Hello.” A young male voice came from the other line which was slightly muffled by loud club music.

“Hi Nigel. If you hang up right now I will promise you a world of pain.” She smiled but meant every word.

“What do you want?” he asked unpleasantly as the music died down into the background at the other end.

“I need you to look after Bella while I do an important job for the big people.”

“Shot, Myst what did you do to her?” he was starting to panic. “You know what, forget I asked. I’m not doing it.”

“I didn’t do anything, stop jumping into conclusions. I just gave her some C4X that’s all.”

“I don’t know what the hell that means, what it is, or what it does. And honestly I don't give a damn and so I’m not going to get involved.”

“It’s nothing serious Nigel. I have worked on this drug for decades and made sure that it’s two hundred percent safe with no major side effects.”

“Did I ever tell you how much I hate to look after your toys?”

“Bella is not a toy she is my new baby sister.” She hissed then quickly returned to her childish voice. “Unfortunately, you’re not the only one who says that. I don’t know why you don’t appreciate my work but clearly I don’t really care.”

“No deal Myst.” He said in a strict tone. “I have already taken care of the mess you made in London with the two tots and the mutt. If something goes wrong, Adriana will kill me for sure.”

“Adriana will go after me before she even thinks of dealing with you. Also big brother wouldn’t allow her to do anything to me so there is no problem. Trust me nothing will happen, I will be gone for one day max. I’ll even leave the remedy with you if you want.

“No and that’s final.”

“If you do it I won’t play with you for a century.”

There was a long silence on the other end. “All right I’ll be there in an hour.” He muttered in as he surrendered.

“Okay bye bye Nigel.” And she hung up.

She entered into a door that was shaped in the form of an upright bunny. Inside was a grand room with pink carpeting, the walls where designed with a verity of bunnies playing, eating, and sleeping in a grassy field under the warms sun. On the right was a pink four-poster Victorian style bed. In the center of the room was a huge pyramid of bunny plushies that varied in shape, size, colour, and eras. The walls where encircled with shelves for books and additional toy accessories. There was a double door on the right of the room, which led to a room that was more convincing as a clothing store then a closet.

At the wall parallel to the entrance was a very small wooden door, which was engraved with vines on it and along the rim.

However, the room was a complete mess. The bed was unmade and toys, clothes, and books scattered everywhere. Myst walked between the clutter and picked up everything that she needed. She quickly went into the small door and came back with a small metal suitcase.

After packing her pink flowery backpack with skates, plushies, plushie clothes, and a small metal suitcase, she took a blue bunny with black bowtie for the pyramid into her arms and left the cottage.

She decided to take the long way and ran towards and Pacific Ocean. When she reached the beach, she took out her skates and a pair of little skates for her bunny and put them on.

“Are you ready to dance with me Sir.Hop-a-lot?” she looked out into the ocean and took in a deep breath through her noise and held it in her chest.

Then she blew it out of her mouth, making a high pitch whistle. A thick sheet of ice form at her feet and extended farther and farther out into sea. She got on the ice and began to figure-skate while swinging the bunny in the air. She hummed her favourite tune and watched the ice cracked and melted behind her.

When she finally came to Washington she landed on the cloudy shores of La Push beach. She took off her and the bunny’s skates, pack them way, and began to make her way to the Cullen’s house.

“Remember Sir.Hop-a-lot no distracts, like big brother said okay?” and she made the bunny nod its head.

When she was about to blot into the forest something caught her eye. Along the beach a little Quileute girl was crouching down in the sand. She did look no more than six years old.

‘Okay maybe me I can play for just a little bit.’ She thought to herself and ran towards that girl instead.

She came quietly from behind and the girl didn’t notice. She looked over her shoulder and saw that she had a toy shovel in her hand and was filling a bucket up with sand.

“What ya doing?” Myst asked curiously and the girl turned to look at her in surprise.

After she stared at her for a long moment she smiled politely. “I’m building a sand castle, till Quil gets back from the airport. He said that he will make it with me.”

“Can I help too?” She asked.

“Sure.” She took an extra shovel that was by her feet and handed it to her. “My name is Claire. What’s your name?”

“I’m Sangre, but I prefer my middle name Mystery, you can call me Myst.” She said as she took the shovel and crouched down beside her. “And this is Sir. Hop-a-lot.” She held up her bunny to show her.

“He is sooo cute.” She looked at it admirably. “Let make him the King of the Castle.”

“Okay, but we can’t tell Madame Hop-a-lot about this. She will be sooo jealous that her new husband got a castle.” Myst pressed her figure to her lips.

.....to be continued

Chapter 8
Dying
Part 2

While Dural waited for the Cullens on their couch, he was preoccupying him mind with fixing the music box. Slipping his fingers pass the roses he pressed down on the black sphere in different areas. Every time he lifted and placed his finger on it, it would glow different colors.

Then he heard them driving on the highway.

“So let me get this straight,” He heard a husky male voice. Dural presumed that it was one of the wolf shape shifters that he saw before. “When you went to the Master Leeches you saw the girl that was giggling in the hallucinations, and this wired blue flaming dude?”

“For the fifth million time, yes!” Rosalie snapped.

“But this is what’s really bugging me. If they escaped with a huge flaming dragon, wouldn’t anyone notice something like that?”

“How the hell should we know? Maybe they escaped the city a different way.”

“Well they couldn’t have walked out or jumped over the walls. We were patrolling the perimeter, and I think that we would have seen or smelt the bloodsucker.”

“You were patrolling the city?” Dural could tell that she was ready to kill him by the angry tone of her voice.

“We were careful and it was just in case you got out through another exit and left us behind.” He muttered. “Those must have been some very scary leeches to make you come back whiter than ghosts.”

“I didn’t think that they were vampires.” Edward said in a low tone.

“But they said they sucked blood.” Emmett said. “What else can they be?”

“I don’t know, maybe they are. No they can’t be, there is something else to it.” Edward was beginning to sound frustrated.

“Hey bro, what’s got you so worked up about it?”

“I not sure, it’s just something. I can’t call it a hunch, but I had this very weird vibe about them. I can feel in every single cell of my body.”

“Freaky leech, very freaky, but then again you’re like them, so it could be a brother and sister connection. You know a kin, a blood tie. Oops just remembered you have no blood.”

“If you wish to walk the rest of the way I’m more than happy to pull over Jacob.” Edward offered in a causally voice.

“No I don’t really mind to sit in a car that reeks with-WAOH!” he yelled at the engine of the car roar and the car tires sped across the asphalt.

“Edward slow down! Carlisle and the others are falling behind!” Rosalie yelled.

“It’s them. I can feel it.” Edward hissed through his teeth. “One of them is here right now!”

“Hold on, don’t you think we should talk this over with the others?” Emmett asked.

“No, I want to see this thing face to face.” Jacob said with growing anticipation.

The car zoomed into the driveway and pulled over. Then the sound of opening and slamming car doors was followed by the sound of another car parking in.

Dural sighed. “Looks like it’s going to begin. What a drag.” He muttered under his breath.

“Edward!” Carlisle called out. “Edward what’s going on?”

The front door slammed open and Edward appeared in the entrance of the living room

Dural didn’t even look up at him when he entered. “Well that took you a great deal of time.” He said as he slowly got up from the couch.

“How did you get in here?” he snarled. A second later his family was by his side along with Jacob and Seth.

“You shouldn’t be accusing me about breaking into your house, when you welcomed yourself into Bella’s room uninvited countless of times Edward Cullen. Or should I call you by your birth name, Edward Anthony Masen?” He asked and Edward flinched at the sound of his real name.

“Who are you and how do you know my brother?” Alice hissed but Dural didn’t seem to hear the question. After he didn’t respond for a long time, an impatient growl rumbled in Jacob’s chest.

“Okay that’s it!” Jacob roared and marched up to him and grabbed him by the collar. He then lifted his feet from the ground and slammed his back to a wall. However, Dural was close to Jacob’s high and could probably reach the floor if her starched out his feet.

Their faces were just a few inches from each other. “If you want to be a smart guy fine, but first you have to answer some of my questions. Who or what the hell are you?” Jacob snarled in a threatening voice as his nostrils flared.

But Dural continued to work on the music and seem unconcerned that a werewolf was holding him in the air.

“Answer me!” he yelled and pushed him harder into the wall. He was beginning to shake.

Everyone held their breath fearing that he might snap at any moment.

“Jake.” Seth slowly approached him. “Jake cool it before you do something that you’ll regret.”

“The only one that will regret anything is this freak.” He snarled.

“Heel.” Dural said in an emotionless tone and still didn’t look up.

“What did-” But Jacob never had a change to finish his sentence.

What happened next no one was too sure. It was like someone hit the Next button on the remote.

Jacob was face down on the floor with Dural standing on the right side of his head.

Jacob twitched a bit and attempted to push himself up on his shaking arms and ended up coughing up blood.

For the first time, Dural looked away from the music box and turned his empty eyes to Jacob.

“Are you willing to behave?” he asked and Jacob just glared up at him and growled. Seth came up to him and helped him up to his feet then pulled him back a few feet. Jake wiped the blood off from his mouth with the back of his hand.

Dural just shook his head. “In this world you should have better self-control of your instincts” he looked back to the music box and opened it. He waved his hand over the opening and a blue flame lit up at the center of the sphere and it began to play. “Let just say if every creature followe your regulations this world would be a malformation from what it’s now” He snapped the lid shut and turned his glaze on Edward.

He could see him shiver; it was very slight but still visible to his eyes.

“It seems that you are already aware of my superiority just by begin in my presence Edward.”

“Edward what is he saying?” Esme turned to him with a panicked look in her eyes.

Jasper took a bold step between Dural and Edward. As if he was trying to shield his brother from him.

“What do you want with my brother?” he asked him sternly as their eyes locked together.

“Dural!” a high pitch cry was heard from outside. Suddenly the front door burst opened and a small, pink blur ran into Dural.

Myst jumped up on him and was hanging on his neck with her face buried in his shoulder.

“Dural big wolfie is chasing me and I don’t know why!” she cried loudly. “I was trying to hide from it but I couldn’t! Why does this place have to be so cloudy? There is no place to hide.” she looked up into his eyes waiting for an answer.

“Is that it?” he asked in a apathetic voice and she hit his face with her bunny.

“At least act like you care?” if she was able to cry in frustration she would be doing so now.
“And now the wolf followed you here. Couldn’t you just handle him yourself? Why did you constantly come running to me?”

BECAUSE YOU’RE MY BIG BROTHER!” she screamed in his face.

He let out a long sigh and lifted her in his arm. A second later the sound of a running wolf was fast approaching.

“Hey, Hey!” she tried to pull herself out of his grip. “Let go! What are you doing? If we don’t move the wolfie will get me!”

“I know and here he comes now.” He pointed out the door and Quil came flying at them through the door with baring fangs and bloodshot eyes.

DURAL!” Myst screamed when Quil pounced at them and was over their heads. But the moment that he was supposed to pin them down he came crashing to the floor instead with Dural and Myst no were in sight.

“Quil!” Jacob yelled as he tried to grab a hold of him but he got to his feet and moved away from his reach.

“Well it seems that even with four legs you can be exceedingly dilatory.” They all froze at the sound of Dural voice. It was coming from straight above their heads. They all looked up and he was standing on the ceiling as if he was still on the floor.

He put Myst up on the ceiling and fell back to the floor on his feet right in front of Quil. Before he could react to Dural’s prompted movements, Dural slammed his hand on the center of his head.

Quil let out a yelp in pain from his crushing grip. As Jacob and Seth began to run to their friend’s aid they came to a screeching halt.

There on his hands and knees completely naked was Quil in his human form. Dural released him and the table cloth that was on the dining table appeared in his hand. He threw it on Quil’s trembling body.

“Wow!” Myst jumped down from the ceiling and looked at Quil in pure fascination. “How did you do that?”

“If you use all you senses and apply it to your knowledge of the brain you should be able to figure it out.”

“Right! - No! - Wait, you used your flames to do it didn’t you? That’s cheating! And since when do you know so much about the wofly’s brain?” Myst grimaced up at him.

He placed his hand on her head. “I told you that I used all my senses Myst. Once I did that the rest was straightforward.”

“That’s does tell me anything! Saying it was magic would make more sense! And why do you know about his brain and I don’t?” she whined. “Why do you have to be smarter than me? Everything is just too easy for you!”

“Because I’m the big brother remember. I think that for the greater good I shouldn’t tell you how I did it.” He ruffled her hair. She childishly turned away from him and gave him the cold shoulder.

“Oh!” she quickly looked back at him with a sudden mood swing. “Did you tell BB that he is dying yet, or did I miss the reaction on his face?”

“No, I was about to tell him, until you came in running from a puppy. Also his name is not BB it is Edward Cullen.”

Edward felt cold. It wasn’t the same as the chill that ran down your spine, or the heavy weight feeling in pit your stomach. It was like everything just congealed in him and he couldn’t move, his body couldn’t function. All that was going through his minds were the words; ‘He is dying.’

“But I can still call him BB right? Or I should probably think of a better nickname.”

“I would greatly appreciate it if you did.” Dural said.

“W-what? What do you mean that I’m dying? That can’t be I’m already died.” Edward laughed as if they just said a humorous yet bad joke. Everyone else looked at them as if they were grotesque.

“It would be better if we sat down, we has some matters to discuss with you Edward.” Dural offered.

“What matters?” Carlisle asked in a hard tone.

“This is none of your concern and I no obligation to answer any of your questions. I was sent here to speak to Edward and him alone.” His sister looked at him oddly, as if something he said perplexed her. “You and your family are more than welcome to listen if they wish, but I can’t grantee that you will be partial to what I have to say.”

“I would prefer it if we stood.” Jasper snarled.

“Suite yourself.” Myst shrugged her shoulders and disappeared and was found jumping on the couch. “Don’t mind me. I’ll have my turn to play when Dural finishes explaining.” she called

“Just don’t break anything.” He told her.

“I can’t promise you that!”

“And speaking of promises, we are going to have a little talk when we get home.” He could hear her gulp.

Dural looked back at Edward, who was still petrified. “I’m not going to waste my breath on walking you through all the little details and don’t interrupt me until I finish. Is that clear?” he asked but none of them responded. Dural shook his head and did not look very amused “I expected something like this. I think it’s best if you sit down.” And with that they were all seated at the dining table without a clue as to how they got there.

Dural was the only one standing by the chair where his sister was sitting.

“You now that I hate it when you move me around so fast.” She grumbled. “I’m not a decorative you know.”

“Hey!” Jacob looked around him. “Where is Quil?”

“He is lying on the couch recovering from his minor shock. Now shut up so my brother can finish what he started to say.” Myst said in a dour voice and somehow managed to hold an innocent smile on her face. “Their all yours.”

“Edward, I think that you misinterpreted us when we said that you were dying. Though the thought never deemed on you, vampires still maintain heartbeat.”

Jacob laughed. “Yay right! What’s next fish can fly? Ow!” he yelled as an invisible force slammed his face to the table.

Myst giggled and placed her hands behind her ears. “It’s true. You may not hear it but me and my brother can, it’s clearly as a ringing bell. I guess it’s because little vampires can’t hear its sound frequency like evolved vampires can.”

“Whoa! Whoa! Hold up! You’re evolved vampires?” Emmett shot up from his chair.

“I think that mature vampires would be a better term to use Myst. Oh and Emmett Dale McCarty sit.” On Dural command he immediately sat back down.

“How did you-” Rose began to ask.

“Its basic nature to take orders from someone that has overwhelming power Rosalie Lillian Hale. But I would prefer to make him cower in fear or order him to brutally kill you, his own wife.” Myst giggle at the thought. “I’m sorry to interrupt you Dural, please continue so I can have my turn soon.”

“So you’re saying that my heart beat is- you know.” Edward was incapable of saying it.

“We can’t say that you are dying for certain. There could be a good chance that your heart’s rhythm is just out of sync. It happened before, that’s why we were sent here to confirm it.”

“So there is still a possibility that he wouldn’t die?” Esme asked Dural in a despaired tone, but he didn’t answer nor glanced in her direction.

“I’m sorry Esme Anne Platt but when my big brother says that he wouldn’t answer your questions he tends to stick to his word.”

“Oh.” Esme was surprised that Myst knew her previous name. Her eyes fell to her lap in slight disappointment.

“But I can tell you that if BB dies it will be really fun.” Myst clapped her hands happily. “Fun! Fun! Fun!”

“Why do you still call him a baby boy, Myst? I thought you were going to change that ridiculous nickname.”

“I did big brother, BB now stands for baby brother.”

Baby brother?” Edward asked so low it was almost a whisper.

Myst nodded with a grin so wide it showed her fangs. “When a vampire dies they mature and became true undead monsters.

....to be continued

Chapter 8
Dying
Part 3

“Hocky docky then,” Myst clapped her hands and appeared in front of Edward sitting crossed legged on the table with her bunny beside her. “Now it’s my turn.” She said as she took off her pink backpack and zipped it open.

“What are you going to do?” Alice asked in an uneasy voice.

“Oh nothing really, I’m just going to do a test if he is evol-maturing or not.” She replied as she took the small metal suitcase and placed in on the table. She clicked the locks open and lifted the top.

Edward looked into it and once he saw what was inside a nauseous feeling grew in his stomach like a huge tumour.

In it were three injections. The first was an empty tube; the next contained a pinkish-red fluid. But the third one had a dark, thick, sappy liquid and within it a thin greenish glowing worm looking thing.

To his dissatisfaction she reached for the third injection. She held it in the light examining it, and tapped it a few times and the worm began to spin and swim around in the tight space.

“I think I’m going to be sick.” Seth muttered and leaned under the table with his arm around his stomach.

“Rosalie, get Seth to the nearest bathroom.” Carlisle ordered and she quickly took him without complaining. Carlisle appeared beside Edward and pulled him out of the chair and away from Myst. “Are you planning to inject that into my son?” he looked at her with a sinister glare.

Everyone got on their feet and rooted themselves in between Myst and Edward, including Jacob.

Myst frowned “Noooo, I’m going to make him drink it.” She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. “What are you stupid? And you call yourself a doctor.” She shook her head. “Now I want everyone stay where you are and nobody comes close him. Got it?” her voice was on longer childish, it resembled the voice of a wicked woman. “Oh and Edward stay still.” She smirked and she hopped off the table and slowly skipped up to him.

“Damn it way can’t I move!” Jasper growled.

Myst watched in amusement as the Cullens struggled to move as if they were bind to the ground by unbreakable chains. But she then frowned when Jacob stepped in front of her blocking her way.

A smirk formed on his face. “Well looks like your little voodoo don’t work on me you little bit-” but his began to choke and struggle for air when Dural’s hand circled itself around his neck.

“I don’t think that I can allow you to finish that statement about my sister.” Dural said in a dull voice, but for some reason a thick murderous aura was sensed around him. “Myst do what you have to do. I’ll take care of these pathetic attempts.” He said and in a second Rosalie was caught in his other hand when she tried to get to Edward. Whe Seth appeared he threw Jacob into Seth like a bag of rocks and they both crashed into the wall, knocking them unconscious.

Myst stood toe to toe with Edward and grinned like a child. “Can you please kneel down and pull up your sleeve” He did as she ordered while graining his teeth. “Don’t worry this wouldn’t hurt.” She giggled.

“You think that little needle will go through his skin?” Alice snapped at her.

“Sure it can. This is a special needle I made myself.” And she injected Edward with the dark liquid and the worm seemed to slighter itself through the needle into him. Then she took out the needle, rubbed the spot here the needle entered and took a few steps back. “Okay now it’s going to hurt like hell.” She giggled.

Edward took in a sharp breath as his pupils’ contract and became so small that they were hardly visible. He grabbed his arm and held it to his chest then he collapsed to the floor as he let out terrifying cries of pain.

He felt the worm wrap itself inside his arm, then rip deeper and eating into his flesh as it grew longer and thicker. On the outside, his arm was revoltingly boiled and bubbled as the worm swerved beneath his skin.

“One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississppi...”Myst counted as she crouched by Edward jolting body

“Oh no! Please! It’s hurting Edward!” Esme screamed.

“What are you doing to him? Make it stop!” Emmett bawled.
Carlisle, Jasper, and Emmett were furiously beating against the bindings and Rosalie squirmed in Dural’s grip.

“Just give him a moment. Be silent and stop moving.” Dural said and they became instantly still. All they could do was watch. The second pasted like hours and ever scream and twitched his made punched into them.

Myst giggled, poked his arm a few times and when she reached 50 the aeration in his arm began to finally settle.

“Looks like he will make it.” Dural said and dropped Rosalie and she landed on the ground like a ragged doll. When Edward torture was finally over he huddled himself and laid there trembling. “You’re going to be fine now. Myst is just going to take a sample from your arm, and we’ll take our leave.”

“Awww, but Dural I wanted to play a bit more with BB.” she whined she go up and went to the small suite case. The she looked into it with crossed eyes. “Hey where is the antidote?” she looked back at Dural.

“I disposed of it. It was a fake wasn’t it?”

Her eyes grew wide with shock. “How did you know?”

“I created that antidote remember. I think that you can also recall the little discussion we had about not leaving trash after you play.”

She laughed nervously and quickly took the empty tube and injected it into Edward’s arm. It filled with the same dark liquid but it was slightly lighter than before. After packed everything away in her backpack, she took her bunny back into her arms. “Looks like the fun is over Sir.Hop-a-lot.” She mumbled into his ear.

“No quite.” Dural said. She blinked a few times and gave him a questioning look. He lifted the petrified Edward by the back of his collar and gave him a good punch in the stomach.

Though it knocked the breath out of him and caused him to moan in pain. He seemed to snap out from his state of shock. When Dural placed him down on his feet, he wobbled a bit but was able to regain balance.

“There are a few things that we need to explain to you Edward before we leave.” Dural said and Edward lifted his head and looked at him heavy-eyed. “That is unless you want to hear us out.”

“Wow you’re going to really going to take the time for that?” Myst asked in astonishment.

Edward took in a deep trembling breath and nodded.

“Very good.” Dural nodded. “Now that we are aware of your deadening we have to report back for further orders.”

“Not that we will abide by them or anything.” Myst muttered to herself.

“So the test came back positive?” Edward asked in a faint voice.

“Of course it did silly.” Myst laughed. “The injection that you received was like a very strong vaccination or a weak form of a deadly virus. It was created to detect whether a vampire is potentially ‘dying’. If they were you body would fight it off like a normal flu.”

“And if he wasn’t, without the antidote his would never be able to utilize his arm again.” Dural added. Myst smile fainted when his dead eyes made contact with her.

“Well I wanted to see the effects if he wasn’t dying.” She mumbled as she looked away.

“So what’s going to happen to me now?” Edward said each word lethargically, fearing their answer.

“Until there is a granted consent to retrieve you, I suggest you made your chose as to whether you will come with us.”

The Cullen’s glared at Dural and Myst with eyes that clearly reflected their determination to ambush them if they dared to lay a hand on Edward.

“And if I refused to go with you?” His tone became more firm.

Dural just shrugged his shoulders. “I’m not going to make the effort to force you into doing anything. It would be a complete waste of my time. But I’m implied to warn you that if you chose not to come and go through the transformation without us there are some risks.”

Myst raised her hand eagerly. “Oh-oh let me tell him that part.” Myst interrupted him. “One of the risks is that you’re most likely going to go through the transformation in an unsuitable environment. That’s because during the maturity you’re going to be very sensitive to your surroundings. If one wittle thing, like the tone of voice your bothers use, or the way the air smells, or even the slightest flicker of light reminds you of something unpleased, you’re going to burst into a full outrage.” Myst began to giggle at some thought. “It’s quite fun to watch, like a real live horror film. You’ll get so swallowed up in violence and blood thirst at you wouldn’t even remember who you are, you no long recognize the people that you love and wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to slaughter them. All you’ll feel is the overwhelming power.”

“And when that happens we can’t stop you. You will be constantly hunting and destroying everything thing around until you burn out-which should last three to five days and nights. Dural remember the time that happened to Ivory? “She looked back at him. “ She really loved children but ended up stealing them and ripping them slowly, little piece by little piece as they...” she trailed off when her brother’s eyes met hers. “And I probably should shut up now.” she said and bite her lips.

“Do you understand Edward?” Dural asked him and looked him straight in the eye.

Edward lowered his head, he didn’t know how to response. If he stayed he would become a ghastly monster, and hell knows what he would do to his family or any innocent person around him, but if he went with them he would become some sort of monster he didn’t even want to imagine.

“Suicide is not an intelligent alternative. It would only make things worse, well in your outlook it would be.” Dural interrupted his train of thought.

Edward snapped his head back up in surprise, Dural answered his question, or the best option he was hoping to use, the moment he thought if it.

Myst hissed in a breath. “That happened once before to another one. He was set in flames by his own coven, but he rose from his ashes. He was said to be the true demon born from hell at that moment. With his skin flaming red hot and his eyes wicked cold and all.” Her eyes narrowed. “To bad I couldn’t see that, he was on a rampage for a month too.” She glowered at Dural.

“They did have the right motive to punish you back then.” Dural said.

“But it wasn’t fair! Everyone else got to see!” she whined and pointed her finger at him. “And you were in favour of grounding me! If you really love me big brother, then punish him, or I’m going to get really, really mad!” she flashed her arm behind her and pointed at Quil.

Quil was leaning against the wall with the table clothes wrapped around his waist. As he slowly regained his strength and adjusted his sleepy eyes he saw a clear vision of Myst. He let out a low growl and leaned forward, ready to attack and any moment.

Dural sighed. “Very well. How long can you run?” He asked suddenly.

Quil realised that the question was directed at him. “Why should I answer you? What did you do to Seth and Jake?” he roared and exploded into a wolf.

“You should be more concerned about your own wellbeing rather than you friends.” Dural raised his arm and faced his palm at Quil.

Blue flames proliferated from of his hand and took form of a huge wolf that hovered over the floor. Its’ amethyst eyes glared at Quil ready to fight. It hissed viciously as its’ flaming body blazed and crackled turbulently. “He will pursue you for one day and one night without hiatus. I would advise you not to let him catch you or touch you.” Dural patted the wolf.

Quil started at the flaming wolf in pure terror.

Myst giggled and clapped her hands. She jumped up on Dural’s back and hugged him tightly. “Thank you, thank you so
“Consider this before you’re off, it’s better if you are to run for your life than having her upset and letting out her frustration at something else.” Through his never presented any emotions to attest this, something dreadful deep within Myst grin said that it was true.

The wolf gave out a ferocious snarl and sprinted at Quil. He was quick to dodge and ran with a yelp out the door with the flames close behind his tail.

“Let’s go home.” Dural told Myst.

“Okay.” She turned to Edward and waved him good bye. “I hope that you will come with us BB. Maybe then you can play with me and Bella.”

“Bella?” Edward eyes grew wide when he said her name. The fear washed away from him and at scene of antagonism rose from deep with him. “You have Bella?” he snarled viciously and his sinister eyes burned at Dural and Myst but they didn’t care.

“Oh and your family is granted permission to move and speak.” Myst balefully smiled. Without warning there was an explosion of blue flames and once it subsisted, they were gone.

End of Chapter

Chapter 9
Commence Efflorescing

Dural flew over Forks on his dragon with Myst in his arms as the first glimpses of the peaking sunrise illuminated the sky. She was clinching tightly on his shoulders as she leaned her body as far as she could to the side of him to see Quil. Quil was frantically running away from the wolf that he sent after him. She giggled and hugged him again.

“Can we stay and watch a bit longer?” she asked sweetly. “I want to see if he gets killed or not.”

“We don’t have the time. I need you to look after Bella while I take care of Edward’s case with the Guardians. Judging by how dark the content you extracted from him was I wouldn’t be surprised if his instincts started to awaken.”

“Are your just going to let them take him?” She asked in a dishearten tone.

She glared at him hoping to that her eyes could somehow detect a splinter of his silent notions. But neither his eyes nor his expression wavered. She sighed in frustration and defeat and struck his shoulder with her forehead.

Her head jerked back up and a fascinated grin veiled her face. “What kind of powers to you think will activate first?” she asked in an excited tone.

“It’s quite rare, but since he is a telepath, I presume that the powers will be more psychological than physical.”

Myst frowned. “So he won’t make thing go boom or crush people into smithereens. Well that’s no fun at all.” she grumbled.

“He most likely already gained the ability to sense the presence of our kind. Then he will be able to use our methods of tracking each other globally or controlling others thoughts and actions. The problem with this though, vampires like him often can become greatly prevailed. Once they realize their superiority they tend to take control and torture the cravens around them with enjoyment and gloat.” Dural sighed, “They get quite stubborn and troublesome to deal with when the power gets into their heads. That’s why I want to get him to come with us before the Guardians acquire him. We both personally know how competitive the Guardians can be to get a rare type bairn under their command.”

Myst gave him a queer smile. “I never seen you so worked up over a dying vampire, well not since Bella. I can’t help but wonder if you are so considered about him because he is important to her or if it’s a completely different reason.”

There was a long silence. “Are you bisexual Dural?”

“No.” He replied bleakly.

“Are you sure?” she asked in a teasing voice. “You can tell me anything. I will accept you anyway you are.”

“You are watching too many drama programmes.”

“Well they are very funny when the main characters suddenly get into a fatal accident or kill each other over someone they both love. But you know they are more people like that now-a-days, like Tila Tequila and Lady Gaga.”

“Do you think that someone like me is capable of being one?” he looked at her.

She studied him for a while and she looked away with a frown. “Well no.” She admitted. “It is kind hard to believe that you love anybody.” A faint sadness lingered in her voice.

Dural just held a straight face. “What did you do that provoked the shape shifter pursuit you?” he was willing to change the subject.

“Nothing!” she said sternly. He looked at her with empty eyes and for some reason it sent a shiver down her spine. “Okay! Okay! I’ll tell you! Sheesh.” she surrendered to his gaze. “I was playing and building a sand castle for Sir.Hop-A-Lot with a little Native American girl named Claire.” She smiled. “It was really fun and I gave her one of my special bunny key chains before the wolfie came. I think he imprinted on her because he was really really mad to see me with her.”

“What were planning to play with her after you built the castle?” he asked.

She threw him a glare. “I didn’t want play with her. I just wanted to normally play with her. I am a little girl too you know.”

“I don’t think that you can consider yourself a child when you’re well over a few thousand years.”

“Well I can do whatever I want and no one can tell me not to. - Well expect for you of course because you are my big twin brother after all.” She gave him a heartily smile and leaned the side of her head to his chest and her voice became a low whisper. “You don’t take orders from anyone not even from the big people. They’re terrified of you.” She sneered. “Why don’t you accept their offer and become one of them? I bet you one million bucks that you will become one of the top bosses after that.”

“Because I consider being a Guardian is too much of an inconvenience. Beside I have you, Bella, and now Edward to babysit. I don’t need the whole society to look after as well.”

“So you do care!” Myst stretched up her arm to pat his head. “There is still a loving big brother under that hard fossil after all.” She then held his face in between her tiny hands and kissed him passionately on the corner of his lips, it was something abnormal for small child to do to a young man in such a manner. Yet Dural showed no emotional reaction to her deep praise.

“Do you love me Dural?” she asked with an odd amorous look in her eyes

“Yes, and no you can’t”

“You don’t even know what I was about to ask!” She exclaimed with confound eyes.

“You wanted to know if you could see that Claire child again.”

She raises an eyebrow. “How did you know?”

“We are twins.” Suddenly, for just a moment, a faint smile formed on the corner of his lips as he said the words, then disappear insanity.

Myst face glowed and grinned from ear to ear. She closed her eyes and huddled closely into his arms like a kitten.

“I don’t care what anyone says, you’re a good boy, and I will help get Edward just for you.”

“Also because you want to play with him before he dies.”

She chuckled darkly. “We better hurry. It doesn’t seem that we have much time left and my spidey senses tell me that both of them are going to be strong little ones.” then she quickly added. “But not as strong as you are Dural!”

“Sometimes being powerful is a greater inconvenient.”

“How so?”

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Try me.” She challenged him.

“I would prefer it if you didn’t know, or ever find out.” There was something was hidden in his voice.

“You’re not making sense again! I hate it when you don’t tell me something because you think it’s better if I don’t know.” She muttered in a mocking tone.

“Don’t be angry because things are going to get very interesting and in order to have fun you need to be content first.”

... to be continued

NEW READER

love love love the story

i love that your reposting the chapters again i loved this story when i read it the first time

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service