The Twilight Saga

What if when Bella met Edward she wasn't human? What if she was older than him but nobody knew? What if they could never kiss or one would die? What if Bella knew everything before the first day was over?
Bella makes everything complicated.

Another high school, another new beginning. Charlie and I finally chose Forks, Washington as our new home, for a few years. It's the dreariest place in the continental U.S.
I'll be going to Forks high, with a student body of three hundred fifty seven- now fifty eight- students. Maybe I'll find a witch in this town.
I've been searching for a century for a witch. I was changed by an evil witch in 1905, and now I am forever a killing monster. I was so lonely, I wished this horrible existence on my father. He's told me several times that he forgives me, but I just cant get rid of the guilt.
I'm a terrible soul sucking creature. With just one kiss on the neck up, I could kill someone. I dont like killing but I have to, to survive.
I'm also part vampire. I try not to go into that side of me that much, though. I cant get rid of my sense of smell, sight, or hearing.
I got in my rusty old pick-up, and started to drive to school. When I reached the school, I parked in the spot closest to the office. I walked in and was greeted by a large red-haired woman. She was looking at a stack of papers on her desk when I walked in.
I walked swiftfuly right up to her and said, "Hello, I'm Isabella Swan."
She looked up at me and her eyes widened for a moment before she said, "Yes, the new police chief's daughter. I have your class schedule and map right here."
She handed me some papers from a folder on her desk. She told me which rooms my classes were in and to have my teachers sign one of the sheets and return it to her at the end of the day. Her hand brushed against mine when I grabbed the papers, and that was all it took. I gasped as everything she knew about herself flooded my mind.
Her name is Shelly Cope. She lived at home with her labrador retreiver, Pedro. She was allergic to fish, watermelon, and anything that had the word 'berry' in it. She had an uncontrolable crush on a student. And she has lived in forks her whole life.
"Are you alright, dear?" She asked, noticing my closed eyes, pained expression, and tightened grip.
"Yes, I'm fine. I just was surprised by something." I replied, opening my eyes. I saw her face was full of worry, but when she saw my eyes she looked away. I blinked a few times to make the vampire fade out of my eyes. I left still blinking, and bumped right into someone. Luckily this time I didn't get any information about them because I didn't touch any skin.
As I was shaking my head, I tried my best to stop the gift I had gotten from my vampire side, and realized that I had bumped into a student. He looked up and looked into my eyes as he said, "Sorry about that. I didn't see you coming out. My name is Mike Newton, you must be Isabella Swan." He held his gloved hand out and I shook it smiling.
"Yes, and please call me Bella."
"It's nice to meet you, Bella."
"You too." I said as I walked to my first class in building three with Mr.Mason.
When I walked into class, Mr.Mason signed my paper and told me to sit in the back of the class. The class was boring to say the least. I was idly doodling when the bell rang. Mike walked up to me and asked what my next class was. He walked me there before walking off to his class.
The day went on pretty much like that until lunch. There was always a kid who would come up to me and offer to walk me to my next class.
At lunch, I sat with three girls, named Jessica, Angela, and Lauren, two guys, named Eric and Tyler, and then Mike. I was talking with the group when they walked in.
They didn't look anything alike. Of the three boys, one was big — muscled like a serious weight lifter, with dark, curly hair. Another was taller, leaner, but still muscular, and honey blond. The last was lanky, less bulky, with untidy, bronze-colored hair. He was more boyish than the others, who looked like they could be in college, or even teachers rather than students. He also looked very familiar, like I had seen him decades ago, but that wasn't possible.
The girls were opposites. The tall one was statuesque. She had a beautiful figure, the kind you saw on the cover of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, the kind that made every girl around her take a hit on her self-esteem just by being in the same room. Her hair was golden, gently waving to the middle of her back. The short girl was pixielike, thin in the extreme, with small features. Her hair was a deep black, cropped short and pointing in every direction.
And yet, they were all exactly alike. Every one of them was chalky pale, the palest of all the students living in this sunless town. Paler than me the, albino. They all had very dark eyes dispite the range in hair tones. They also had dark shadows under those eyes — purplish, bruiselike shodows. As if they were all suffering from a sleepless night, or almost done recovering from a broken nose. Though their noses, all their features, were straight, perfect, angular.
As I was looking, the black-haired girl turned her head and looked at me. She looked like she was trying to send me a message with her pitch-black eyes. I stared back with a confused expresion. Suddenly, her face went blank, then she smiled at me and turned toward the honey blond. She whispered something to him as they all sat down on the other side of the cafeteria.
Thats when Mike realized who I was staring at. He said to me, "I see you've noticed the Cullens."
"Who?"
"The Cullens." Jessica replied, "The most beautiful people at the school. They were all adopted by Dr.Cullen and his wife. Their names are Edward, Alice, and Emmett Cullen, and Rosalie and Jasper Hale. Alice, the pixielike one, is with Jasper, the blond who looks like he's in pain, Emmett, the big one, is with Rosalie, the other blond, and then there's Edward by himself."
Strange names, I thought. I used to hear those names all the time. I wonder why their parents chose those names for them. As I was looking, Edward looked over at me. His peircing black eyes boring into mine, searching for something. I stared right back. I was so intent on his eyes, I barley heard Mike say, "Oh, look. She's seen Edwards face."
"Bella? Earth to Bella." Jessica shook my shoulder a little, and that broke me out of the connection.
"What Jess?" I asked her as I shook my head.
"You were staring at Edward Cullen like you were under a spell."
"Oh. I didn't realize. Trust me I wasn't under a spell."
"That's not what looked like. As soon as you saw his eyes, I saw your face go from searching to in a trance."
"Really?"
"Totally. And he was staring right back." She looked a little bit jealous.
"Jessica, you look like you aren't happy about that."
"I'm not."
"Why?"
"Because your my friend now, and I need to warn you that he doesn't date, anyone." She said it with a slight sadness that made me wonder when he turned her down, and how many times.
"I didn't know you thought of me as a friend. That's very kind of you."
"Hey girls, it's time to go." Angela told us. Angela was a nice girl, and there was something familiar about her scent.
"Thanks for warning us, Ang. Hey do you think you could walk me to Biology?"
"Sure, that's my next class, too."
"Cool, at least I'll know one person."
We walked to class in a comfortable silence. Angela and I already had something in common, we weren't talkitive.
When we reached the classroom, my eyes scanned the desks for an empty one. There was only one, and it was next to Edward Cullen. Good, I wanted to talk to him.
After the teacher signed my slip and told me to sit in the only open seat, I tripped walking to the seat. Luckily, I caught myself on the corner of the desk next to me. I blushed as I stood back up. I saw Edward had gone rigid in his seat. I looked at him with cuoriosity plain on my face as my cheaks cooled.
As I sat down, I saw him move to the edge of his chair. I decided to be polite and said, "Hi, I'm Isabella Swan, Bella for short. You must be Edward Cullen, it's nice to meet you." As I spoke I held out my hand for him to shake.
When he looked at me, and I saw his black eyes that had a small bit of green in them, I forgot to keep my gift down. When he grabbed my hand, I tensed for a second then relaxed when nothing happened. Then I realized his hand was colder than a normal humans and his scent assulted my nose. His scent was even more familiar than his face.
He was the one to take his hand away. Then class started, and we had to pay attention. During the whole class, Edward held his rigid pose.
When the bell rang, Edward was out of the door before anyone was out of their seats.
I walked to Gym in sort of a daze. Until I bumped into someone. I ended up touching skin and my mind flooded with information about the person. I tried to stop it, but not before I found out a shocking peice of information. All of the Cullens were vampires.
I helped Alice stand up, but I didn't let go of her.
"Thank you for helping me up, you can let go now." She told me and tried to escape my grasp.
"No I cant, Alice. We have to talk."
"Okay, talk."
"Alone."
She sighed. "Okay. Follow me." She told me as she started walking to the front of the school.
END NOTES: Thanks for reading. Please review. Give my any input or ask any questions you may have.
By the way Ms.Cope's dog is important in this story.

Views: 222

Replies to This Discussion

NEW READER
AWESOME
LOVE IT
PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED
XX
pease post more soon, i cant wait to res more. i luv ur ff, if u would, would u please update me?

this is 1 of my fav ff's i hope it doesnt end for very loooooong time!
http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfiction/forum/topics/my-oneshot...
I told you I would p[ost a one-shot. Its a side story for soul stealing kiss and no matter wether youa re reading it or not there are small spoilers in it. I may right a side story for plane crash too.

Chapter Notes: OH MY GOD!! I just saw that the last time I updated was my brithday, July 3rd. I'm so sorry. I got caught up in a lot of things including my first year of high school. and my brother. and I got stuck a few times. and I lost the story.... Alot happened. I hope you can forgive me.

Chapter 12?- Lily and Secrets.

When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing but liquid topaz.

I just layed there for a second before I broke down in tears and threw my arms around Edward, whispering my thanks to him over and over into his chest.

He stood us up and held me. "Shh," He tried to calm me, rubbing my back.

"Edward, thank you so much. I don't know how but you just saved me, and too others."

"Two others?"

I nodded as I wiped my eyes. "There was a woman there, she was a ghost and she got her strength from these little kids that she kill. She would've killed me and put me to work by controlling me. There was one girl who stopped me and tried to warn me, I saved her." I stopped and sucked in a shakey breath.

"And the other?"

"Grandma Marie."

"Who?"

"My grandmother on my mom's side. When my mom was nine years old, her mother took her for a walk in the woods. My mom was young, a prime target. She didn't really tell me what happened, just that when she return home, Grandma Marie wasn't with her."

"Wow, a lot's happened on your mom's side."

I nodded. "Edward, can you promise me something?"

"What is it?"

"Can you please not come back here? At least not until I say it's safe?"

"If you give me a reason why."

"Edward, I've told you many things about what has happened to me, you are one of the only good things in my life right now, I don't want to lose you." I began to cry into his shirt again.

He held me as I cried, and promised me he wouldn't come back unless I said so.

When I finally calmed down, I felt someone tug at my shirt.

"Lily, she can't see you anymore," I heard Grandma Marie say. I smiled.

I turned out of Edward's arms to look at the little girl.

"You're name is Lily?" I asked her. She nodded. "I'm Bella, and what she doesn't know is that I am one of the people who can see ghosts."

"You are?"

I nodded. "So is my dad. How long ago did she take you?"

"A few days ago, I was getting a toy that ended up by the tree surrounding my backyard."

"Where do you live?"

"Around Seatle, so that Mommy could get to work easily."

"Do you know where your body is?"

"She took it, she still has it." I saw her appear with out her mist and Lily hid behind me as I stood up.

"Lily come here, it's no use, you have nothing here," She said.

"Remember keep your eyes closed around her, I wont let her take you." She nodded. The woman's eyes widened.

"You can see us?" I nodded. "Well, that's different."

"Okay, now I know how my family feels," I heard Edward say.

"What do you mean?"

"Only hearing one side of a conversation."

I laughed, "Don't worry this will be over soon."

"What makes you think that?" The woman asked.

"All I want is her body."

She snorted. "Here, it's not like you can do much with it but give it to her mother." The mist came and released Lily's body to the floor. "I'll be back for you. You can't stay away forever knowing I'm here. I know you wouldn't want anyone else taken." She glanced at Edward then she smiled evily and disappeared.

I knelt down at Lily's body and looked it over. "She is wrong, I can do more with your body than just turn it in. Come here." Lily now stood beside me. "Okay, I'm going to see if I can do something. It might work and if it does, it will only work once. Understand?" She nodded.

I closed my eyes and kissed the palm of my hand, blowing on it a bit. I ran that hand down her body before doing the same with the other but instead of her body, I placed it on where her heart would be on the ghost Lily. I quickly put both hands over her heart on her body and pressed down three times. The third time, she jolted up and gasped.

She sat panting for breath in her own body. She looked at me and her blond curls bounced as her head turned. She smiled and her green eyes sparkled. "You brought me back." She gave me a huge hug, which I gladly returned. "Why didn't you think it would work?"

"Because I've tried that before, but there is a difference between you and the ones I tried it on."

"And what's that?"

"I can't tell you, not right now anyway."

"Because of him?"

I nodded. "Now, I'll take you home, your mom must be a wreck with you gone." We both stood up and I saw she was about half my height. "Climb on my back, it'll be faster." I knelt down and she climbed up wrapping her arms around my neck. Because I was expecting it, I didn't react when all of the information floaded my mind. "You ready?" She nodded and held on tight as I stood back up. "See you later, Edward. Is there any way you could tell Charlie that I wont be back for a while?" I wanted him to go for two reasons, the first to tell Charlie, the second was to show Grandma Marie where I live so she can wait for me there.

He nodded and I turned around and took off in the direction of Lily's house. She was giggling in my ear the entire way. I slowed down and just walked the rest of the way once I reached an area with a lot of people. "Now will you tell me," She asked.

"There are a lot of people around us. I cant get caught, it's already dangerous for me to be walking around carrying you."

"What do you mean?"

"If you were reported missing, and if I'm caught with you, I could get taken for kidnapping."

"Oh. If I tell you one of my secrets will you tell me yours?"

"Sure."

"I can see ghosts too."

"You can?" I felt her nod. "How?"

"I don't know, ever since it started, though, I've been getting letters in the mail. I get them once a month and Mommy never lets me try to read them. The only thing I have read is who sent it, someone named Marian."

I chuckled. "Maybe, we should check your mail when I drop you off."

"Why?"

"Because I know Marian, and she can be very sneaky."

"Okay. You need to tell me your secret now."

"Okay. I'm cursed, my curse is that I can't kiss anyone."

"Why can't you kiss them?"

"If my lips touch anyone on the neck up, they die."

"That's horrible. How did you save me?"

"The way I kill people, I disconnect their souls. I saved you because your's just needed to be reconnected. I gave you some of my energy source to bring you back."

"You said it was the first time it worked, why?"

"You ask a lot of questions you know that?" I chuckled then sighed. "The others I tried it on, they were all different. I had a vampire, a human, and a cursed person that I had killed, all of them accidents. I tried to bring them back, but it didn't work."

"Because you killed them?"

I nodded. "For two of them. I tried it again on a vampire, not very easy seeing as to kill you have to burn them, but I managed to find a way."

"What was that?"

"I found another body, but it didn't work. I can't bring a vampire back at all, but now I know that I can bring back a cursed person, and hopefully a normal person too."

"Cursed?"

"Yes Lily, you're cursed. There are rules, that's what the letter is about, going to a meeting to learn the rules."

"Do I have to go?"

"You don't have to, but it helps. And the rules are made specifically to keep you safe."

"I wish I could go, Mommy probably wont let me."

"We'll see." We arrived at her house and I stopped to check to see if Marian's letter was in the mailbox and it was. I took it and handed it to Lily as she got down from my back. She read it as I led her to the front door.

When I reached it, she walked to the side, where her mom couldn't see her.

I rapped my knuckles on the door three times and waited. A woman with short dark red hair and bloodshot blue eyes opened the door looking distressed.

"Hello?" She said in a groggy voice.

"Hello. Are you Carol Lockheart?"

"Yes, What do you want?"

"Did you lose your daughter recently?"

Her head snapped up. "I don't want to talk about that."

"I understand, but I just need you to answer something."

"What is it?"

"Why did you hide the fact that your daughter is cursed from her?"

Her eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

"Cursed, she can see ghosts. You don't understand the problems with keeping it from her."

"How do you know she sees ghosts? I thought I was the only one who knew."

"You were, until I found her." I waved at her and she walked out of the shadows.

Her mom dropped to her knees and started crying, hugging Lily. "Where did you find her?" She sobbed."

"In the woods."

"She saved me," Lily whispered to her mom.

"I saved her from another who was cursed, only their curse took affect when they died. If you would've let her go to the meetings, she wouldn't have been taken, she would've known the precautions and she would've known who she wasn't to trust."

"Meetings?" She asked."

"Yes, meetings. I've gotten my fair share of those letters, including one earlier today. There is a meeting coming up, and if you'll let me, I'd like to take Lily to it. There are rules she needs to know. Her curse could be more than just seeing ghosts." Carol nodded.

She stood up and picked up Lily. "You can take her with you and thank you for saving her and bringing her back to me." I smiled at her before she closed the door.

I turned around and ran home without anyone seeing me.

As I walked up the steps to the door I felt lightheaded. I opened to door and called out to tell Charlie it was me.

"Kay Bells. Edward is still here," He called back.

I went to the living room and to see Edward sitting on the couch. "Why are you still here?"

"Something wont let me leave," He replied.

I laughed. "What do you mean by that?"

"Whenever I walk up to the door it slams shut." This made me laugh even more.

"It's just Grandma Marie. I don't know why she wont let you leave though."

"Could you ask her?"

"I would but I don't see her. You can just open the door and run before she has a chance to close it. I mean you are probably faster than the wind or a ghost." Just then my phone rang. I ran and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Bella, do you know where Edward is? I haven't seen him since school," I heard a high-pitched voice frantically ask.

"Alice, he's here at my house, calm down."

"Alice," Edward asked. "Why is she calling you?"

"She didn't know where you were."

"I don't know why, but I can't see him right now."

"I don't know why either Alice, I wish I could help but I have to go. I'm sorry."

She sighed. "It's alright, I'll figure it out on my own." Before I could reply, the line went dead.

I sighed and put down the phone. "Okay, now for Grandma Marie." I sat down on the couch next to Edward. "Why wont you let him leave?"

"He cant leave until I know what happened with you and Charlie. For instace how you can see me and how you're alive," She said appearing next to Charlie.

"He doesn't know that yet. I'd like to keep it that way right now." Edward looked at me with an unknown expression on his face.

"Why?" He asked me.

"Because the more you know, the more danger there is, for both of us." I looked down and held back the tears. I heard the door slowly open.

"He can leave."

I nodded. "The door's open, Edward. You can go now." I heard my own voice break and he hesitated before listening to me.

"What happened?"

"We got cursed, I was first, it didn't even start doing anything until I was eight." I could see Charlie wince as he remembered that.

"What did it do?"

"Two ghosts appeared in my room, and I told them to be quiet, they were driving me crazy. They grabbed me and almost threw me out the window." Tears were rolling down my cheeks now. "Anyone else would've had me locked up probably, but not Dad. He caught me before I hit the ground and held me as I cried. He told me not to tell anyone not even mom, he said not to talk about it. I just listened and I stopped aging at 17."

"How long have you had the curse?"

"I was born with it, I don't even know how though. We've been looking for a witch for years."

"Bella—" She started talking but her voice suddenly just cut off. I looked at her and saw her mouth moving but no words coming out. "—her." She got her voice back.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, just someone hiding something."

"Like what?"

"I cant tell you. I'm sorry."

I rubbed my temples then sighed. "I'm going to go to bed now, or at least get ready. Oh, and Grandma Marie, stay out of my room unless I invite you in." She chuckled but nodded.

I walked into my bedroom and instantly noticed the chill from the open window and ran to go close it. When I turned around, my eyes widened.

"I want answers," Edward said with his arms crossed.

End notes: I did my best to finish the chapter when I saw how long ugo I had last updated. I really hope you guys can forgive me so much started happening at once and I had issues with working on the story. please every so often comment on the discussion so I don't forget about it again!!! again SORRY!!!!

Just i read ur story ... i luv it .. write soon nd keep me updated :)
Yay! an update! Oh and happy belated birthday! I had no clue! <3 I love the chapter!

New Reader!!

Wow, this is amazing, please write more. You have to keep me updated :D If I send you a friends request would you mail me when you post the next chapter?

I love it!!

Okay.... First of all, I'm a new reader FOR THIS STORY. Second of all, I love it and wish your posts weren't as infrequent as they are. Please post more, especially if you left a cliffy that big!! I'll let you in on a little secrete: if you leave a reader with a cliffy for too long, then they forget the story and start deleting the updates. Eventually, they forget it ever existed. I'm not making a threat, it's just happened with other stories I've read. Please don't be a stupid head; be a POST-IT!!
LOVED THE UPDATED!!! I FORGIVE YOU JUST TRY TO KEEP US UPDATED,BUT JUST TO TELL YOU I DIDNT FORGET ABOUT THE STORY JUST DIDNT THINK YOU WERE WRITING IT ANYMORE BUT SOOO HAPPY YOU ARE!!! CANT WAIT FOR MORE
I love it, I would've never thought of something like this for the banner but I really like it, Thank you for making it. I will update you don't worry I update all of my friends on both of my stories.. Aparently people like this one more because I'm getting replies faster than the other one but I don't mind.

I'm glad you like it :D And you're welcome :D

Thank you :D  I really do like this story :D It's amazing :D

yes an moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :( pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service