The Twilight Saga

Summer Of Boys (Living with Six Guys for The Entire Summer can be a bit..... Challenging.)

This is soooo brand new & fresh out the oven. I'm excited to see where this story is heading. : ) hehe now i present to you 'Summer of Boys"

Summer of Boys Poster. Officially made by me. : )

Summary

18 Year old Mariah is dying to show her parents that she is independent enough to go off to her dream College in Italy. So she strikes a deal with them…. Let her move in their Summer house down in Florida. Sounds more than easy enough right? Not. Mariah gets way more than she bargained for when she finds out that her house is planted right next door to the ’Gunner’ boys. All six of them are Hollister ab, and shirtless, and glistening sweat hot! Mariah is determined to prove she can handle anything, even when she has to move in with the Gunner boys, after a break in at her summer house.

Chapter 1- Striking a Deal with a Dealmaker

“Are we really going to go through this again Mariah?” My Father asks while fumbling with his 13k gold Rolex. Once he’s satisfied with the position its on his dark skin he moves his light brown eyes up to mine.

“Dad come on! I can do this! It’s one of the best schools in the country!” I squeal while putting my cherry coke can down on the coaster. I watch as my father lean back in our leather living room couch and watch me with his expressionless face. I flick my eyes over to my mother whose sitting crossed legged and eyeing me as well. Her long dark brown hair is pulled into a high ponytail causing her already cat eyes to slant even more. Her dark eyes watch me as well. Except hers are softer and a bit more understanding.

“Mariah. No. Your way to young to go off to some University in Italy. Not as long as I’m-” he points his well polished thumb at himself and continues on “paying for the intuition and rooming and boarding.”

“Mom come on! Help me out! This is the top prestige school in ITALY!” I declared as I moved my eyes to my mother.

“Benny, dear-” my mother begin except my father cuts her off with a wave of his hand. Giving us a flash of his gold Rolex.

“Michelle, Mariah, cannot handle being on her own for four years in a completely different and foreign country. She can barely handle her credit card.” my father says as he looks at me. I frown at that and leap up out of my chair. I was desperate here. Beyond desperate. How many times have I had this conversation with my father? Way too many times to count. But every single time he won. It just wasn’t fair! I was determined to get my way. Secretly I had already applied to the University of Rome. And I was excepted! I had the grades to even get into Yale or Harvard. But I didn’t want to stay limited in the United States. I wanted to break free of this country and travel!

Go to another school, in an entirely different Country. U.O.R. could give me that chance. I really wished I had signed up in time for a scholarship for the Univer. But seeing how I had the flu the entire week they came out to our school in, Arizona. I missed that opportunity. I missed the deadline to put in an application for a scholarship. I would regret that forever, because then I wouldn’t have to depend on my fathers money to put me through College. There had to be some way for him to budge. I had to show him I could handle living on my own, with a roommate, in another state or country. And that’s when it hit me like a ton of bricks.

“I have a deal to make.” I said raising my chin and placing my hands beside me. I straightened my spine as far as it could, as if somehow standing more straighter and calmer would change my father mind altogether. I watched as him and my mother raise an eyebrow.

“I’m listening.” I watched yet again as he flick his hand, motioning me to go on. I swallowed hard, not believing what I was about to say to my father. But like I said I was desperate here.

“Our Summer home, down in Florida…” I began as I moved around our glass table carefully, making sure their eyes were still on me and moved in front of the large fireplace.

“What about it?” my mother asked as she scooted closer to my father and placed her hand on his knee. Her silk white pants suit glinted brightly as the sunsets glow beamed on it. I locked eyes with my father as he watched me.

“If I can prove to you, that I can live in our Summer home for the entire Summer without any problems, or Police reports you let me go to Rome.” I say whilst making sure my chin was raised. My father tilted his head to the side as he rolled the thought over in his head. I knew the Summer home was a great idea. Seeing how dad’s car lot business was keeping him away from home majority of the time. And mom’s charity events kept her just as busy.

So I already knew that we wouldn’t be going to Florida for our Annual Howard-summer trip to Pennsylvania. I knew me striking a deal with dad would somehow give me an advantage. I had to think harder and be a bit more clever than he was. Seeing how my dad owned over sixteen car lots, he was more than capable of making a deal you couldn’t go against.

“I’m listening.” he said leaning even further into the leathers couch, causing it to groan with the weight of him. I was nearly about to smile my ass off, but I had to contain my serious look. This is good. Really good. Never had I peaked his interest when I came to bargain with him.

“I’ll use my own cash in the bank. You guys don’t have to give me anything. I’ll buy the groceries and keep the place clean and neat. I’ll call a maid service to clean the place before I get there. If I can do this, I’m sorry,” I re corrected myself “when I pull this off you have to let me go to Rome.” I finished with a cocky grin. I knew I had plenty of time to prove to them I was capable of this. We were only in our second week of summer since school let out, and I had already graduated with a 4.0 GPA. Our two story house was quiet for a long time as each of us were lost in our thoughts. With every passing second I could feel my heart hammering in my chest from the rush of adrenaline.

My mother was the first to speak: “I love the idea! It’s a perfect chance for her to show her independency.”

I was overly thankful to God that I had a understanding mother. I silently thanked her with a small nod. Her chocolate skin glimmered in the sunset as she smiled at me. I moved my eyes back to my father and watched him my father shake his head for a quick second, and I felt my hope falter a little. “That won’t do. You wont have a maid cleaning your room if you go to that University, or any other College for that matter. No maid service.” he stated as he brought himself out the couch and standing to his full 6’1 height. My mother stood along with him, even though she was wearing high heels she was still four-inches shorter than my father.

“I know. I can clean it myself.” I said nodding my head quickly. My hope spreading through out my body like a dam flooding a small town.

“Very well then. If you can manage to keep the house clean, and no Police involved what so ever, I’ll accept your deal.” My father stretched his hand out to me and I accepted it quickly, feeling myself smile like an idiot. “Under a few conditions.” my father said as his grip tightened on my dark skinned hand and he eyes me warily.

“Okay.” I just about whispered. I swallowed hard and stared back into his light brown eyes.

“No drugs in that house, no parties, no bringing an MTV crew into my house talking about ‘The Real Life of a Kid living in A Summer Home for the entire Summer.” I almost laughed when he mentioned that MTV thing. Instead I nodded my head understandingly and waited patiently for him to go on. “And on top of that, NO BOYS in the house!” his voice boomed through out our house. His voice bouncing off of the crème colored walls, and French marble floors. I sighed inwardly as I thought about my boyfriend Paul. He was one of the main reasons why my Summer home popped into my head.

He was going to be in Miami Florida for half of the Summer as well. But only I was going to be staying out in Ft, Lauderdale. I figured I could manage it somehow without breaking my fathers rules. Some part of me was going to rebel against the boy rule, but then again I quickly remembered my father having connections. I could do this. I would show my father I could be independent and would prove him wrong. I shook my fathers hand.

“Deal.” I said staring back at him.

(W/N: What do you ladies think? Banner will be added SOON! : ) )

Tags: boys, burgurlar, comfort, groceries, hurt, love, romance, universities

Views: 133

Replies to This Discussion

I love it ! I''d love to do some outfits for you ?
hAHA, That'd be awesome, be sure to put your siggy at the bottom, so you get credit for your work! : )
Sure thing : ) Hmm . I'll make the clothes for the next chapter :)

Chapter 4- Boredom, Groceries, Broken glass

Its been an entire week since I’ve been in Florida. And I had to say I was about to die of boredom. Paul was always partying, or going off with his parents to some Broadway show. He promised we’d go out tomorrow night. Just me and him alone. I was kind of happy about that seeing how I had ran out of things to do. Just sitting and watching movies on demand wasn’t the most exciting thing to do while on Summer vacation.

We had a boat out back on the shipping docks, but it needed more than one person to do the sailing. So I guess that’s how I ended up buying groceries for the house. Usually I’d just order offline and have some random guy to drop the food off. But I was honestly that bored. So I decided to take refuge inside of Publix.

A store that I did have fun in. But after going up and down of every isle twice, that got boring too. But I guess the best part about living in a Summer home by yourself is that you get to eat whatever you want and not hear anybody tell you its bad for you. So I bought the junkiest of junk food I could find in there. Ranging from Funyons to big bags of M&M’s and big boxes of Neapolitan ice cream. I was sure to buy some cup noodles and frozen food.

“Hey Mariah!” I moved my head from behind the truck where I was lifting the first grocery bag and saw one of the Gunner boys standing by my side view mirror. I recognized his light blue eyes instantly.

“Um. Hey Caleb, right?” I gave him a small smile and hefted the bags on my hip.

“Yeah. Need some help?” he asked his top body leaned forward to me, but his feet stayed an inch behind him. He seemed to hesitate. I looked passed him and noticed that his brothers were filing out of the all white Escalade truck.

They wore tank tops and loose gym shorts. Their white tanned skin looked flush and sticky as they headed for their front door. None of them noticed me or Caleb. I moved my eyes back to Caleb and saw he looked the same as them.

“Yeah. Where are you guys coming from?” I asked while grabbing another brown paper bag and balancing it on my hip. Caleb speedily walked to the back of my truck and grabbed up four of the bags and followed me to the door.

“The gym.”

So that explains it. I pushed the door open, grateful that I decided to unlock the door first, and walked through the cool house to the kitchen. I placed the groceries on the counter and motioned for him to do the same. As he put the bags down he let out a low whistle.

“Yeah, this house is worth over a million.” Caleb said as he followed me back out the front door.  I looked over my shoulder, causing my black hair to rub against my back and saw that he was walking slower. Admiring our house.

“Yeah. Maybe so.”

I hefted another bag from the back and let Caleb take the last two.

“Mariah I thought it was only you staying in this house?” Caleb grunted as he lifted the two bags and followed in after me. His Nike running shoes kicked up small pebbles to my ankles.

“It is. I was just bored and decided to grocery shop.” I admitted. I dropped the bag on the counter and moved to the other end and pulling the double door fridge open.

“So why do you have so many grocery bags?” he asked placing the last two bags on the counter and standing at the other end of it. I moved my head from the fridge and looked into Caleb’s light blue eyes and felt myself become self conscious. I hoped he didn’t look inside any of the bags.

Under any circumstances should a guy, especially a hot guy who has five other brothers just as hot as he is, know a girl has just bought over $200 worth of junk food.

“Uh… I was-” I was cut off by a guy calling Caleb’s name. I could hear the voice ringing through out the house, from my front door being left open. The deep voice called Caleb’s name again and it got louder.

“I gotta go. See you around M.” Caleb said giving me a small smile and taking off for the front door. “And don’t worry. I closed your trucks trunk.” he called over his shoulder. His dark brown hair flew behind him like a cape as he shut the door.

I frowned.

I was alone again. In a way I enjoyed Caleb Gunners company. Even though we didn’t say much about one another, it was still nice to have an actual human being standing beside you talking, instead of watching the weather woman. The open door refrigerators chill, reminded me that I needed to put up groceries. I walked over to the bags and pushed them all to the end of the counter, so they could be closer to the pantry closet and fridge.

**                                                        **                                                        **

I stepped out of the steaming shower room and felt my feet meet with the plush soft material of the rug. I smiled contently. My muscles still felt extremely sore from the work out video I had been watching for the past four hours. After doing power squats and an odd double digit number of sit ups my body was aching.

I wrapped the towel around me more warily when I felt the cool chill of the air condition sweep through out the house. I could feel my breast squeeze together and swell up over the towel. I heard the faint song of Hollywood undead playing in my room. I quickly walked through the steamy bathroom and into the chilled room. I walked over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone. I pushed the green button.

“Are you up?” I heard Paul whisper slowly into the phone. I smiled like an idiot when I didn’t hear anyone in the background. I knew this tone all too well and walked out of the room slowly.

“Yes.” I whispered back into the phone. I could hear Paul breathing on the other end and felt my heart pick up a little. I wrapped one arm around my towel covered waist and moved down the stairs one by one.

“I missed you today.” his voice was low and husky.

His voice still and quiet as he said the next words: “I wish you were here right now, with me. You know what I’d do?”

My smile didn’t falter as my feet left the, isle running carpet, and onto the chilly marble floor. I moved to the kitchen opening the fridge, the bright light spilling out messily onto the floor.

“Let me guess? Do me all night and make me scream?” I asked while lowering my head to the second shelf. I knew I should have been playing along with Paul but I wanted him to chase me a little. It was way more sexier that way.

Paul exhaled into the phone: “No. I’d kiss you tenderly and hold you tight in my arms until the sunlight shines on your chocolate skin and make me fall even harder for you.”

I couldn’t help but smile even wider. Now this. This is why me and Paul had lasted for so long. Yes he could be a party animal at times, but he could be so unpredictable at times. I liked the sweet and tender side of him. Even though Paul and I had ever done IT, that didn’t stop either of us from having phone sex. Or having an underwear party when either of us was over the others house.

“Oh really?” I asked. Even though me and Paul were in a sexual mood, I skipped over the strawberries, and instead grabbed the tortilla salsa sauce and bag of tortilla chips. These two ingredients were the best to me when they were chilled.

“Oh yes. I love tasting your skin. It’s sweeter than chocolate.” he breathed into the phone. I heard him lean back in his bed, from the sound of the bed springs that protested against his weight.  I was about to turn from the fridge when I caught the moons light on something bright and silvery. I shouldered my phone, and placed the items on the counter. My feet left the cool tile floor and was met with the warm carpet of the living room. The glittering object seemed to split into a million different pieces as I neared it.

“…..Babe your special…” I could just barely hear Paul from my pounding heart. I couldn’t hear what he was saying anymore, I couldn’t feel the cold creeping through the house, because that wasn’t what I was focusing on.

My eyes focused on the sliding back door of our house. The broken glass shimmered in the moons light as I stopped in front of it. My pulse had quickened and I could hear my heart pounding in my ears at the realization. Someone had broken in. They were inside the house……

(W/N: FEEDBACK IS </3! ! ! ! !)

OMJ!!!!! The Gunner boys are gonna save her, right?? RIGHT?!?!?! Lol(:   I love how you stole my "Underwear Party" thing! Lol(: It fit in perfectly! This chapter was amazing!! I was on the edge of my seat, literally, as I read the ending!! You're such an AWESOME writer:D
Haha I had you in mind with the underwear party. Its actually fitting in this cute little chapter. :)

Oooh, you left us hangin:(

i loved it though, awesome!

cant wait for the next chapter

dun dun dun dun... post soon.
lolz its the movie scream all over again....DONT PICK UP THE PHONE M!!!!!!! LMAOROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post more soon luuuuuuuuuv it keep me updated^_^83;)“)☆☆☆
Rut roh . I hope she runs upstairs and gets dressed D:
Hahah Scooby Doo! : )
I hope she runs upstairs too! D:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service