The Twilight Saga

Summer Of Boys (Living with Six Guys for The Entire Summer can be a bit..... Challenging.)

This is soooo brand new & fresh out the oven. I'm excited to see where this story is heading. : ) hehe now i present to you 'Summer of Boys"

Summer of Boys Poster. Officially made by me. : )

Summary

18 Year old Mariah is dying to show her parents that she is independent enough to go off to her dream College in Italy. So she strikes a deal with them…. Let her move in their Summer house down in Florida. Sounds more than easy enough right? Not. Mariah gets way more than she bargained for when she finds out that her house is planted right next door to the ’Gunner’ boys. All six of them are Hollister ab, and shirtless, and glistening sweat hot! Mariah is determined to prove she can handle anything, even when she has to move in with the Gunner boys, after a break in at her summer house.

Chapter 1- Striking a Deal with a Dealmaker

“Are we really going to go through this again Mariah?” My Father asks while fumbling with his 13k gold Rolex. Once he’s satisfied with the position its on his dark skin he moves his light brown eyes up to mine.

“Dad come on! I can do this! It’s one of the best schools in the country!” I squeal while putting my cherry coke can down on the coaster. I watch as my father lean back in our leather living room couch and watch me with his expressionless face. I flick my eyes over to my mother whose sitting crossed legged and eyeing me as well. Her long dark brown hair is pulled into a high ponytail causing her already cat eyes to slant even more. Her dark eyes watch me as well. Except hers are softer and a bit more understanding.

“Mariah. No. Your way to young to go off to some University in Italy. Not as long as I’m-” he points his well polished thumb at himself and continues on “paying for the intuition and rooming and boarding.”

“Mom come on! Help me out! This is the top prestige school in ITALY!” I declared as I moved my eyes to my mother.

“Benny, dear-” my mother begin except my father cuts her off with a wave of his hand. Giving us a flash of his gold Rolex.

“Michelle, Mariah, cannot handle being on her own for four years in a completely different and foreign country. She can barely handle her credit card.” my father says as he looks at me. I frown at that and leap up out of my chair. I was desperate here. Beyond desperate. How many times have I had this conversation with my father? Way too many times to count. But every single time he won. It just wasn’t fair! I was determined to get my way. Secretly I had already applied to the University of Rome. And I was excepted! I had the grades to even get into Yale or Harvard. But I didn’t want to stay limited in the United States. I wanted to break free of this country and travel!

Go to another school, in an entirely different Country. U.O.R. could give me that chance. I really wished I had signed up in time for a scholarship for the Univer. But seeing how I had the flu the entire week they came out to our school in, Arizona. I missed that opportunity. I missed the deadline to put in an application for a scholarship. I would regret that forever, because then I wouldn’t have to depend on my fathers money to put me through College. There had to be some way for him to budge. I had to show him I could handle living on my own, with a roommate, in another state or country. And that’s when it hit me like a ton of bricks.

“I have a deal to make.” I said raising my chin and placing my hands beside me. I straightened my spine as far as it could, as if somehow standing more straighter and calmer would change my father mind altogether. I watched as him and my mother raise an eyebrow.

“I’m listening.” I watched yet again as he flick his hand, motioning me to go on. I swallowed hard, not believing what I was about to say to my father. But like I said I was desperate here.

“Our Summer home, down in Florida…” I began as I moved around our glass table carefully, making sure their eyes were still on me and moved in front of the large fireplace.

“What about it?” my mother asked as she scooted closer to my father and placed her hand on his knee. Her silk white pants suit glinted brightly as the sunsets glow beamed on it. I locked eyes with my father as he watched me.

“If I can prove to you, that I can live in our Summer home for the entire Summer without any problems, or Police reports you let me go to Rome.” I say whilst making sure my chin was raised. My father tilted his head to the side as he rolled the thought over in his head. I knew the Summer home was a great idea. Seeing how dad’s car lot business was keeping him away from home majority of the time. And mom’s charity events kept her just as busy.

So I already knew that we wouldn’t be going to Florida for our Annual Howard-summer trip to Pennsylvania. I knew me striking a deal with dad would somehow give me an advantage. I had to think harder and be a bit more clever than he was. Seeing how my dad owned over sixteen car lots, he was more than capable of making a deal you couldn’t go against.

“I’m listening.” he said leaning even further into the leathers couch, causing it to groan with the weight of him. I was nearly about to smile my ass off, but I had to contain my serious look. This is good. Really good. Never had I peaked his interest when I came to bargain with him.

“I’ll use my own cash in the bank. You guys don’t have to give me anything. I’ll buy the groceries and keep the place clean and neat. I’ll call a maid service to clean the place before I get there. If I can do this, I’m sorry,” I re corrected myself “when I pull this off you have to let me go to Rome.” I finished with a cocky grin. I knew I had plenty of time to prove to them I was capable of this. We were only in our second week of summer since school let out, and I had already graduated with a 4.0 GPA. Our two story house was quiet for a long time as each of us were lost in our thoughts. With every passing second I could feel my heart hammering in my chest from the rush of adrenaline.

My mother was the first to speak: “I love the idea! It’s a perfect chance for her to show her independency.”

I was overly thankful to God that I had a understanding mother. I silently thanked her with a small nod. Her chocolate skin glimmered in the sunset as she smiled at me. I moved my eyes back to my father and watched him my father shake his head for a quick second, and I felt my hope falter a little. “That won’t do. You wont have a maid cleaning your room if you go to that University, or any other College for that matter. No maid service.” he stated as he brought himself out the couch and standing to his full 6’1 height. My mother stood along with him, even though she was wearing high heels she was still four-inches shorter than my father.

“I know. I can clean it myself.” I said nodding my head quickly. My hope spreading through out my body like a dam flooding a small town.

“Very well then. If you can manage to keep the house clean, and no Police involved what so ever, I’ll accept your deal.” My father stretched his hand out to me and I accepted it quickly, feeling myself smile like an idiot. “Under a few conditions.” my father said as his grip tightened on my dark skinned hand and he eyes me warily.

“Okay.” I just about whispered. I swallowed hard and stared back into his light brown eyes.

“No drugs in that house, no parties, no bringing an MTV crew into my house talking about ‘The Real Life of a Kid living in A Summer Home for the entire Summer.” I almost laughed when he mentioned that MTV thing. Instead I nodded my head understandingly and waited patiently for him to go on. “And on top of that, NO BOYS in the house!” his voice boomed through out our house. His voice bouncing off of the crème colored walls, and French marble floors. I sighed inwardly as I thought about my boyfriend Paul. He was one of the main reasons why my Summer home popped into my head.

He was going to be in Miami Florida for half of the Summer as well. But only I was going to be staying out in Ft, Lauderdale. I figured I could manage it somehow without breaking my fathers rules. Some part of me was going to rebel against the boy rule, but then again I quickly remembered my father having connections. I could do this. I would show my father I could be independent and would prove him wrong. I shook my fathers hand.

“Deal.” I said staring back at him.

(W/N: What do you ladies think? Banner will be added SOON! : ) )

Tags: boys, burgurlar, comfort, groceries, hurt, love, romance, universities

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG, ok i read your other story, but man i just read this one for the first time and i have to say this chapter is worth the cliffhanger

this was soooo good

Oh come on! You left me hanging!!

Phone sex and a burglar?!! In comes the Gunner bros to her rescue :)

Chapter 5-  A Flower and Six raindrops.

I placed my hand over my mouth and tried to control my uneven breathing. My head felt like it was about to split open from the many thoughts that were shifting through my head. I felt myself go rigid and tight. My bones didn’t even bend as I heard Paul’s voice come through the phone.

“Mariah, are you there?” Paul asked. I nodded my head in the dark as if he could see me.

My voice was just above a whisper as I moved my hand from my top lip: “Paul….someone’s….here.”

I could feel my breathing become harder as I said those words. I heard Paul’s bed groan loudly as he replied, “But I thought you were down here by yourself.”

Upstairs I heard movement and gripped my chin tighter. I could feel the towel loosening around my waist and used my stiff elbows to hold it in place.

“I. am.”

Paul stayed quiet on the phone for a few seconds longer as he took in what I had said:
“Crap. Someone broke in?” he asked.

I nodded my head weakly still not being able to move from the broken glass I was standing in front of. I was fighting with myself whether or not to make a run for it outside, but I decided against it. I was too scared to go out there, thinking he had a partner out there watching out for cops and innocent stand byers. When I realized I nodded instead of answered Paul I heard him call my name again.

“yes.” my voice sounded strained as the glow from the phone light burned against my cheekbone.

I listened as Paul got off his bed and fumble around for something in his room. “I’m coming over. Just find some place to hide alright? Call the cops and then call me back okay?” he demanded. Just faintly did I hear his keys jiggling somewhere over the phone.

“Ok.”

The word was clipped short and quiet as a mouse in the dark. Stiffly and reluctantly did I end the call to the last person I might talk to tonight. I moved awkwardly and slowly over to the couch and was about to dial 9-1-1. I crouched down by the couch so my body was hidden in the darkness of the night. I thought about calling the cops and catching the burglar, when I remembered dad’s words. No cops. I knew the right thing to do was to call the cops, but I hesitated. If I called them the cops would catch him, and I’d be safe. But dad would hear about it and demand that I come home. So our deal would be off and I’d have to go to one of the schools in the country. I moved my eyes over to the brown paper bag that was folded up on the counter. I was bored today, so I bought Groceries. And Caleb had helped me! That very same Caleb who was also one of the six brothers who lived next door to me. Only if I had one of their numbers they could get here way faster than Paul could. I looked down at the now fading light of my blackberry and remembered Will gave me his number. I thanked god silently as I scrolled down to his number. I nearly dropped the phone when I heard a thump somewhere in the house. It sounded closer. I hurriedly clicked on his number and pressed the green button. The phone picked up on the second ring.

“Will Gunner, how may I help you?” his voice was loud and cheerful over the phone. The exact opposite of mine.

I whispered lowly. “Its me.” I quickly re corrected myself when I realized Will gave me his number, I didn’t give him my number. “it’s me. Mariah! Somone’s in my house!”

I heard Will curse and turn the loud music down. “Are you in your room? Are you okay?”

I was about to answer him when I felt something sweep my bare leg. I screamed loudly and jumped up from my crouching position behind the couch. I dropped my phone and leaped over the sofa. That’s when I saw a large tall shadow standing where I stood. I felt my heart quicken as my hand knocked over a lamp. I rolled off of the couch and onto the other side of the living room. The man let out a grunt as he tripped over the lamp. I gripped my towel tighter to me and ran over to the kitchen pantry. Thankful, that the living room was carpeted, so he couldn’t hear my bare feet slapping the floor. Before I reached the pantry I grabbed the small tea pot off of the stove and quickly, but quietly shoved my body inside the large pantry closet. I slowly slid it shut and leaned to the side. I clamped my hand over my mouth and gripped the pot tighter. I heard the mans heavy footsteps as he passed the bar stools. I cursed myself for dropping my phone and not holding on to it tighter. I swallowed hard when I heard the broken glass by the sliding door crack under someone’s weight. The sound echoed so loud in my ears, over the deafening silence. I scanned the dark wildly when I didn’t hear the glass break any longer. I pressed myself closer to the shelf with the can goods on it. The metal cans chilling, my warm and flushed skin. The glass cracked again and grew louder as someone else’s weight press down on it.

“Crap.” I heard a deep voice say. I moved my hand from my mouth when I saw a shadow pass by the pantry closet. With both hands I gripped the small pan tightly and readied myself.

I screamed loudly when someone yanked the pantry door open. I swung the pan as hard as I could and felt it collide with something soft and yet hard. It felt mushy, in a way.

“OUCH!” I heard a voice scream out in pain. I moved from out of the pantry and hauled myself on the kitchen’s isle top. I was about to jump on the dark figure, that was moving up and down the kitchen wildly, when the kitchen’s light suddenly flicked on. The bright lights blurred my vision slightly and I stumbled back a little.

“Upstairs clear!”

“Living room clear!”

“Bathroom clear!”

I heard voices yell out at different times and locked eyes with a pair of wide mild blue eyes. I blinked several times and took in my surroundings. I quickly noticed Will standing by the kitchen’s entrance with a honey wood baseball bat in his hands. I looked to the side of me and saw Johnny still running wildly around the kitchen holding the side of his face.

“Dude, backyards clear.” I heard a voice come from behind me. I spun around, well aware I was still on the kitchen isle and locked eyes with Justin’s dark blue eyes. He was holding a flat head shovel and standing in front of the sliding doors.

“You…you came.” I whispered turning back to Will with appreciative eyes. Will gave me a small smile and moved from the doorway to the front of the isle.

“You hit ME! Damn it! Do you know how long it took me to get my cheekbones and skin to look like this?” Jonny hollered from by the kitchen sink. Will held out a hand for me to take. I took his warm hand carefully as his other hand braced on my stomach. He pulled me down with ease, and it was then that I took a deep breath. I could hear feet shuffling loudly through out my household and saw one by one as the Gunner boys filed into my kitchen.

Carson was the last to come in and he was holding something metallic and black in his hand. I gasped loudly when I realized he was holding a gun.

“Did he hurt you?” Justin asked walking through the threshold of the door and into the kitchen. I shook my head slowly with my eyes still on the gun. Somehow the situation I was in right now didn’t feel real until I saw Carson holding that gun. Even though I didn’t know these boys I leaned on Will. I felt tired all of a sudden and my already aching muscles, felt like jell-O.

“Crap your bleeding.” Will muttered as he placed his hand on my back and guided me to the counter. Will lifted me effortlessly onto the cool marble top and I shuddered. Carson who seemed to notice my eyes were lingering on his gun walked over to me and placed it in the back of his jeans.

“Don’t worry. Its legal.” Carson promised as he crouched down along with Will. I moved my eyes from where Carson had stored his gun and met his lightish-dark blue eyes. He gave me a small smile.

“Stay still Mariah.” I heard Will say. I looked down at him as he said that, I noticed the glass sticking out of my leg. I groaned and placed my hand on my towel covered waist. I froze at the realization I was in front of six boys. In only a towel. Not even a stitch of underwear on underneath. Immediately I became self conscious of my body and pulled my leg away from Will’s soft hands.

“What….” Will trailed off as he looked up at me. He seemed to stare into my eyes for a second….realizing what I had just realized. I noticed his ears turn a light shade of pink as his lips formed the letter ‘O’

“Here.” I looked over at Caleb and watched as he shrugged out of his cotton sweater and hand it to me. I pulled my arms through each arm hole, grateful that the sweater stopped just above my knees.

“Did you find him?” I asked buttoning the sweater to the top, which stopped in between my breast. I looked over at Justin who now had the shovel over his shoulders. His eyes returning back to its lazy mode. Justin shook his head and I felt myself shudder. I wrapped my arms around myself as I took a deep hard breath.

“Mariah, did you call the cops?” Ian asked while walking over next to his brother, Justin. I shook my head no. My voice lost in the thoughts that were flickering across my mind. The guy was….still out there. He could come back at any moment and rob the house again. Or worse….

“Why?” Caleb lowered his head so that he could look me in the eyes.

“Can’t. I made a deal.” I whispered moving my eyes away from him and placing them on the folded up grocery bags.

“What?” Justin sounded aggravated as he said that word.

“I made a deal with my parents. No cops.” I forced the words out. They seemed to be stuck inside my throat. Somewhere in the house I heard a soft creak and I jumped violently.

“What the hell? A deal’s more important than your life?” Justin asked. His voice sounding thick with annoyance and bitterness.

I heard someone sigh.

“My face!” Johnny yelled painfully.

“Shut up you BUTT!!” I heard Ian hiss at his brothers. It was quiet for a long moment as the thoughts rolled over in my head again. I couldn’t loose this deal with my dad. I just couldn’t.

“Alright. Look, we cant leave you in here by yourself, one of us can either stay the night here with you….” Will said as he moved his body in the direction I was standing. I shook my head, knowing I wouldn’t feel safe sleeping here tonight.

“….Or you can stay the night over our place.” he offered. I locked eyes with him then and nodded my head. I knew I had to be crazy to be staying the night over a guy infested house. But what other choice did I have? I couldn’t stay in a hotel, dad would check my credit card. And I didn’t have any cash on me, and the closest ATM out here was probably a few miles out. Besides my keys were upstairs. A place I really didn’t want to go, not after knowing that the guy was up there earlier.

“Alright then. Slumber party with the Gunners!” Carson yelled while ushering us out of my unsafe house.

(W/N: Sorry Ladies, Had to Repost, found some curse words in there!)

OOHHHH. This is getting super good! Can't wait for more hot boys and break ins xD
:) post soon
wow lol...SHES SOOOOO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what bout paul???? luv it post more soon!
Haha, Paul will come in soon. ; )

Mariah is one lucky girl.

Can't wait more more!

I AM LIKE CRAVING MORE!!!! NOW!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BOYS N I BARELY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM!!! SLUMBER PARTY AT THE GUNNERS!!! i cracked up at that part FYI!!

Haha I was like that too when I read that part. =)
I cracked up at the "My FACE!  Do you know how long it took to get it to look like this?"

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service