The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2197

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

5.Trepidation

The next day we decided it was time.

Bella called Charlie and told him that our ‘guests’ had gone and that we would like to see him.

So we were going to tell him today.

Mum and Dad had a long conversation about how to best introduce the fact that his beloved daughter, his son-in-law and his granddaughter were not human, it wasn’t the easiest job.

We weren’t sure whether to work gently up to it, or just to come straight out with it, just like ripping a bandage off.

They had decided that I should not be there when they told him, that it should just be them. That really annoyed me, I guess I would just have to listen really hard and hope that I heard his reaction.

Though we all felt a hint of trepidation, we knew it was time

They were still deciding when the crunching of tires on the driveway cut off their slightly frantic pondering.

And. Here. We. Go.

CHARLIE’S POV

I walked up to the little cottage door, with the picturesque roses curling round it.

I didn’t know what was about to happen, but that didn’t mean that I wasn’t nervous about it.

I took two deep breaths, c’mon Charlie, you can do this, and I opened the door and saw that, to my surprise, the only people in there were Bells and Edward. I still wasn’t completely used to her new face, nor was I completely ok with it either.

Her skin was marginally – I could barely notice it – paler than usual, and that was really saying something. And there was a nervous tone in her eyes that scared me.

“Hey Bells,” I said, I tried to sound happy and nonchalant, but my voice held a slight quaver, and I was pretty sure that she heard it.

“Hi Dad.” Wow, she must be really concentrating, she didn’t almost say my first name. It always made me feel a little bit amused whenever she did that.

I sure didn’t feel amused right now.

“Please sit down.” Said Edward, seeming quite vacant; he must be concentrating quite hard on something.

“Now Charlie, we have something to tell you, and you need to be calm, because it has been true for quite a while now.”

I took a deep breath. This was it.

Then there was a sound emanating from Bell’s mouth that was a sort of like a trilling bell, and her lips were moving so fast that they were blurred.

The only word I could pick out was ‘vampire’.

Oh. My. God

Suddenly I realized something; I wasn’t scared or afraid.

Maybe it was because I had always known that she was something  different, it wasn’t quite a big a surprise as it should have been. And if she had been a danger to me – or any of the Cullen’s, for that matter – I wouldn’t be alive right now.

Then another wave or realization hit me; other people were being killed, and innocent people too.

Then why wasn’t I scared? Maybe it was because she was my daughter still, deep down. Well, deep deep down, and though it was completely irrational, I didn’t love her any less than when she first moved here. When she was warm, fragile and human.

And I knew that I always would.

Hi Marisa,

great chapter - Charlie knows!

I like the way you have him thinking that he has always known and not being scared out of his wits. I like the way you have him still loving Bella.

best wishes

Chris

6.Outburst

I had to really strain my ears to hear the conversation; there had been a long pause. After that first awkward minute of silence, Grandpa had given a quite cough and said something that sounded like, “I bearlly cub you”.

I sighed; I was never going to be able to know what was going on!

“Eally sand?” said Mum.

I was going to have to lip read.

Cautiously, I looked around to check that nobody was looking – all the family had told me not to look, and give them some privacy – and peeked over the sofa, but I could barely see the cottage, let alone know what was going on inside!

I checked again to see that I was unnoticed and crept so silently, I was sure that there was absolutely no noise coming from me and drifted like a ghost up to the window of the cottage door, and ducked underneath the windowsill.

I was pretty sure that Dad wouldn’t be able to read my mind; he would be pretty intent on hearing Charlie.

They had broken the silence while I was concentrating on coming here noiselessly. I started listening to them again.

“- And I swear we would never hurt you, we only hunt animals, not people.”

“Who, um, changed you?” asked Charlie, though he clearly didn’t really mind that she was immortal, I bet he would be pretty angry at whoever had done this to his daughter.

“Edward.” Mum whispered in tiny, squeaky voice.

Charlie looked at Dad with a look that clearly said you will pay. Bella gave a small, exasperated sigh.

“And him?” asked Charlie, shifting his gaze from Dad to Mum.

“Carlisle found him dying in the hospital of the Spanish influenza in 1918 at the age of seventeen, his mother had told him to change him so he took him out of the hospital. He found Esme after she…” looked like she was going to give the whole story of our lives.

I started to translate the Declaration of Independence into Catalan, to pass the time.

Quan en el curs dels esdeveniments humans es fa necessari per a un poble dissoldre els vincles polítics que l'han lligat a un altre i assumir entre els poders de la terra, el lloc separat i igual que les lleis de la naturalesa i del Déu de la Natura dret ells, un respecte decent per les opinions de la humanitat exigeix que declari les causes que l'impulsen a-

“But the reason we told you about us is important, and it is to do with you,” said Mum, capturing my attention immediately, “As you may have guessed, there are others of us, and there is a big coven of vampires, that are extremely powerful,” she said, easing him in gently.

“These people lay down laws, a bit like the police, and they have a huge guard, so they are also a bit like royalty, and they are incredibly rich.” Said Mum.

“But, what’s the problem, then?” said Grandpa, picking up where this was going.

“The problem,” said Mum, sighing, “Is that, like I said they lay down laws, and we have broken one. We have had contact with a human.” She smiled almost sheepishly at Grandpa.

“But, why is that bad?” asked Grandpa, still seeming non-plussed.

There was a long minute of very awkward silence, and then he got it.

“Oh,” he said, looking a bit disgusted for a second, and then pulling himself together.

“RENESMEE CARLIE CULLEN!!” an angry voice yelled from the house

Oh no.

As quick as I could I ran back to the house, hoping that I could claim to have been there the whole time, but, they had probably already guessed where I was, from the tone of their voice.

When I got there I saw Alice, looking furious at me.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” she screeched at the top of her voice.

“What, what is it? Are you okay, what’s going on?” said a frantic Jacob running down the stairs; Alice paid no attention to him though.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? DO YOU NOT LOVE ME?!” cried Alice.

I was quite concerned now, she couldn’t be that angry with me, could she?

“Alice, what did I do?” I said.

“LOOK AT THESE!” she sobbed pulling out two white objects.

I burst out laughing when I saw what they were.

They were two, very battered, very muddy high heels.

Both Jacob and I were hysterically rolling on the floor, doubling up even more at Alice’s mortified expression.

“Laughing! How can you be laughing! These are innocent shoes here!”

I literal couldn’t breathe.

“What’s wrong?” said Emmett coming down the stairs, but Jake and I were in no fit state to tell him.

“Alice-yelled-shoes-muddy-can’tstop!” I managed to get out

He stood there just taking in the weirdness of the scene, and shaking his head until I was completely drained of energy after all the laughing.

“Ness, you should really get some sleep,” he said pointing his head to the window, when I had finally calmed down.

Wow, It was already dark, had the time really passed that quickly?

“Come on,” said Jake “I’ll take you.”

As he tucked me in and kissed me on my forehead I asked,

“How is the pack?”

“Okay, we’ve got two new members, Ace and Jayden Denman, they are brothers. Jayden has imprinted, on a girl named Kelly, but there is no big drama, she is twelve, so only a few years younger than him.”

I nodded. Jacob’s pack had gotten most of the new members; Ashton, Robbie, Florence, Mike and these new two. Sam’s pack only had Paul, Jared, Brady – Collin had joined Jacob’s – and one called Liam who was causing some trouble, he had a temper that matched Paul! So the fact that Liam and Paul got into a lot of fights wasn’t very surprising.

“Love you Jake,” I said, yawning.

“Love you more, he said and walked over to the door.

I swear I heard him whisper “more than you know” after he turned out the light.

Sorry for the long gap, I have been ill, but I have made it over 1000 words, to make it up!

Thank you for the reviews, they do make my day!

Marisa 

7.Curious

I was slightly suspicious of Jacob’s behavior recently, and I was still thinking about what he meant ‘more than you know’ what could it mean!

Dad had always been really picky about Jacob and me being friends, but now he was getting really over-cautious, like he didn’t want us to get too close, or something bad would happen. But of course, that was ridiculous, Jake wouldn’t hurt me, we had been friends since I was born, we had always been together.

That made me wonder. Why had he been my friend in the first place?

All the wolves didn’t like the Cullen’s back then, and I guessed, though it was odd to think about it, Jacob probably hadn’t been either friends or family of them.

So why would he befriend me, of all people, the daughter of a vampire? And why did he like the Cullen’s now?

Maybe it’s because of you, said a tiny voice in the back of my head, but I immediately pushed it aside, there was no way I could have such an impact on him!

Or could I?

I blinked and suddenly realized how tired I was when I found out that it was literally impossible for me to open my eyes again. It felt like there was a bulldozer standing on top of them.

Before I knew it I was drifting off into a deep sleep, thoughts and questions circulating my head.

I was in a beautiful place, a clearing in the middle of the woods, with twinkle lights all around me. I looked forward and I saw a wedding isle. I wonder who was getting married?

I felt someone pulling me forwards, I looked up it was, Billy Black? Odd.

I was at the end of the aisle and I was facing Jacob.

I felt great happiness as he took his hand.

But then I turned around and I saw my Mother and Father staring at me with mortification and shame on their faces.

“I do,” I heard Jacob say. He urged me too do the same.

“I do,” and suddenly Dad jumped up of his chair and grabbed Jacob by the neck!
“NO! DON’T HURT HIM!” I cried.

But it was already too late, and I watched in horror as Jacob’s eyes closed.

­­­­­­­­­

I woke up with my head pounding and my breathing heavy.

Why would I have had a dream about marrying Jacob? And why would Dad have hurt him in any way?

But the most puzzling question was; why did I feel so happy? Until the end of the dream I had felt such great joy, like it had been something I had been waiting to do.

Jacob was my friend, shouldn’t I be creeped out by the thought of him marrying me? Not happy that I was!

However, I felt much too tired to think about anything else, so I cleared everything out of my mind, and went into a hopefully dreamless sleep.

I woke up to the sound of rain pattering loudly against the window, there’s a surprise, I thought to myself wryly. Honestly, I’ll never know how Mum survived without double-glazed windows in the winter here; she should have frozen to death or something like that.

I heard a small chuckle from the room next door.

I rolled my eyes, there are some pros and cons of having a mind reader for a father, but at least he got my jokes.

I rolled over and got up, and stumbled towards my huge walk in dresser. Sure enough, there was a knew pile of clothes, Alice would never let me wear the same thing twice. I was with her on that one, and also I was still aging quite fast, so after a week or two, the clothes probably wouldn’t fit me.

I walked down to the house, following the glorious smell of sizzling bacon.

When I walked in I wasn’t surprised to see most of the pack – Seth, Embry, Jacob, Quil, Collin and Robbie. Robbie reminded me strongly of a younger Seth, he was really kind and he was really friendly and accepting of my family and me. But Jacob’s entire pack were all good friends with the Cullens now, expect Leah of course.

But she was coming gently around, and she seemed to be coming around. She wasn’t openly hostile to me, at least.

“Hey Nessie,” said Robbie between mouthfuls. It never ceases to impress me, how they can eat nonstop. I always thought it would be hilarious to enter one of them in a pie-eating contest, and watch the faces of the ten-time winners as they at three at a time, in a split second.

“BACON!!” came a loud shout from outside and before we knew it, Ashton Florence and Mike were inside and trying to grab bacon straight from the pan.

“Careful, it’s hot!” Esme warned, but we all knew the burns would heal before the Bacon touched their tongue.

“Esme?” I asked, a thought had suddenly occurred to me.

“Yes Dear?” she said, turning to me, while juggling six plates full of bacon rashes for the pack.

“Why did Leah tell the Volturi about us?” I had just been thinking that Leah really was getting better recently, so why would she tell them about us?

“She is still upset at Edward and Bella for hurting him, and she said that he can’t help what he loves.” She said sadly.

“What?” I said, he can’t help what he loves?

“Oh, nothing,” she said, with a hasty smile, “Do you want some bacon?” she was obviously trying to distract me. And I have to say it worked.

“Yes please!” I loved bacon.

As I went out into the pantry to get some toast I heard a whispered conversation between Jake and Seth. That was odd, they never had secrets from anyone, and I had an odd feeling that they had been waiting for me to leave.

“When are you going to tell her?” whispered Seth

“Not now! She’s only the size of a ten-year old! We should be the same age at least in physical form, and I bet Edward will want us to be the same age in years as well. And besides, I have no idea how to tell her, and I don’t want to take away her options so young.” Answered Jacob.

That made no sense! It sounded like they were talking about me, but what could he mean; take away her options?

“But, you can’t forever, I mean can you really picture her with someone else?” said Seth, sounding sympathetic.

“I suppose,” said Jake sounding defeated.

See me with another guy?

I suddenly realized that I was supposed to be looking for bread so I searched quickly and grabbed a few slices of Kingsmill and ran into the kitchen.

“Hey Nessie! We were just saying, we think that we’re going to go and play baseball in the clearing with the pack, do you want to watch?” asked Emmett, he must have come while I was looking for bread.

“Sure!” I said. I loved watching them play; it was hilarious.

Emmett was like a big bear and he used his brutal strength to try and tackle everything in sight, even though we told you weren’t supposed to in baseball.

Rosalie usually watched, as she was scared of either messing up her hair, or chipping a nail.

Alice predicted everyone’s moves before hand, so she often did things that were very odd, but would then win the game for her team.

Jasper was constantly trying to make people in the other team tired or make them feel like they wanted the other team to win, and making his team feel energized.

Dad was like a lightening bolt; he sped the way through the entire game. And like Alice, he knew people’s moves beforehand, so he was running to where people wanted to hit the ball, or batting where the player who felt the weakest was.

Mum was hopeless and she usually umpired with Esme or fielded very far out. But she did help by trying to shield the others from Edward, Alice and Jasper, making the game much fairer

Carlisle was very funny because he never knew whom he wanted to win, so he ended up giving the other team a huge advantage.

Jacob always hit very hard, and caught well but he was a really bad loser.

Seth was a very good batsman, but his reflexes were really bad, he couldn’t field to save his life!

Quill and Embry always worked together, and often fought over who caught the ball, they often tried to jump at the ball at the same time, resulting in a struggle between them.

Ashton and Mike were the only two of the new members that I had seen, and they were pretty funny too. They had their temper under control of course, but they still weren’t accustomed to their new speed and strength, even after two years. So they would try and run to first base, and end up at the other end of the clearing, or try and hold the bat tightly, and end up with a handful of splinters.

Once the rest of the family was ready, we headed out the clearing.

Double Update! Yay!

this is the longest chapter i've ever done, around 15000 words.

Hope you like it,

Marisa

wow I caught up after a while and thinks are intresting. Charlie handed things very well. And typical Alice with the shoes :) lol

Thanks for the reply!

I thought Charlie should really be OK with it, I've always found his relationship with Bella quite interesting. It is a bit like Edward and her in the way that he loves her much more than she thinks.

I really liked that bit with the shoes too, I had a similar thing happen with my sister recently!

Thanks for your review,

Marisa

Yeah that is true. I just though he would freak out a little but hey he's Charlie, he's used to the freaky I guess lol

And yeah, That must have been funny and you're welcome

Cliffhanger!

I know this chapter was pretty short, but I wanted to stop at this point.

I hope you like it, and please R&R!

Thanks,

Marisa

Oh My God!! Ran, ran. Wait Mike's there, that's not good, The Volturi are coming, oh boy, what they gonna say to Mike? its not like they can say "Oh hey, we're Vampires and the Volutri wanna kill us" lol post more now!! lol

Really sorry to everyone who read this, but I have decided to change this chapter a bit, so that the net one makes more sense, this one is also much more dramatic at the end.

Sorry,

Marisa

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service