The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2196

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

8. Games

In the end we thought that it we be best if we waited for nightfall, since that was when the storm would be at it’s worst.

So all fifteen of us set of to the clearing, most of us chattering excitedly about the game, but I wasn’t paying much attention to everyone else.

I was still wondering about Jacob, it seemed like people were making references more frequently to… well, whatever this ‘thing’ was with Jacob.

The weather was, well, Forks weather, but it wasn’t raining yet so we had the ideal weather for a baseball game; stormy, but dry.

On the way there I heard something, it was probably nothing though, it sounded like a rustling, and it was coming from the edge of the forest.

It was probably just a mouse, or something like that though. Probably.

When we got there we decided the fairest way to divide teams was to have four of us and three members of the pack on each side.

After a while we sorted out teams and one team there was:

Alice, Ashton, Carlisle, Emmett, Florence, Jacob and Jasper

And on the other one there was:

Bella, Edward, Mike, Seth, Robbie and Rosalie

Esme agreed to join Bella’s team, but just to make things even.

After much debating we agreed that she should play for half of the game, and Carlisle would do half as well.

I saw Alice sigh, then she looked quite puzzled and her eyebrows went into a slight frown.

“Alice, what’s wrong?” asked Esme, seeming to sense her discomfort as well.

“Oh, nothing,” she said, then continued on seeing our curiosity “My vision just disappeared.”
“But won’t that just be the wolves?” I asked, confused.

“Yes, I suppose, but I have grown sort of, accustomed to them, when there aren’t too many, at least.”

“Don’t worry, there are quite a few here,” said Esme, rubbing her back.

“I guess, it just makes me annoyed,” said Alice with a sigh.

“Alice! Your up to bat!” called Emmett from the other end of the field.

Alice sped off and grabbed her bat, she would usually be into the game, but she still looked confused.

Mike threw the ball and she hit it right into the forest. Edward was gone for hardly a second, and then he reappeared with the ball in his hand.

“Alice,’ called Esme, ‘you’re out!”

Usually, Alice would have been annoyed, or even upset at this turn of events, but she still seemed preoccupied with her lack of vision.

Emmett was up next, and when Mike pitched the ball, he hit it right into the middle of the dark forest. Rosalie started to run towards the forest, but she came back literally gagging.

“Rose, what is it?” asked Emmett.

“There is a horrible dog smell back their, ughh, it’s almost as bad as that dog over there!” she said pointing her head over to Jacob.

“It smelled fresh, around three minutes ago,” she continued, still looking at Jake disdainfully.

That was odd, we must have still been here, I couldn’t imagine any member of the pack that would stay around while we were here.

But, Rosalie was probably over-egging it a bit, it was no doubt a neighbors dog.

“Probably just a stray from earlier,” said Carlisle, the he was still eyeing the trees suspiciously.

Next up was Florence; he was obviously trying to hold the bat as loosely as he could, without losing complete control over it. As it was when he hit the ball it only went about fifty feet away from him, which caused Emmett to give a sort of muffled laugh, before a stern look from Carlisle silenced him.

I was just puzzling over the scent Rosalie found when suddenly it all made sense.

How could I not have seen it before!

From what I’d heard, and from what Carlisle had researched, this could only be bad; we needed to get out of here now!

I was about to tell the others, but then I heard a rustling from the edge of the forest.

Oh no.

We all froze where we were and turned to face the trees, and it emerged, glorious, magnificent and… terrifying.

I looked up and saw the inevitable above me.

A full moon.

why is she scared of the full moon? and I thought the lasr chapter of this was good

You'll see why... mwahahahaha! The next chapter is up, so please read it!

Thank you for saying you liked it, it made my day - well, night.

Marisa

9. Awake

The huge wolf stood in front of us growling deeply, it’s fur was sleek and pitch black.

This was no shape-shifter, it was a were-wolf.

It was obvious if you looked closely. It’s legs were muscly and you could see the vein sticking out of it’s forehead, it’s face was somehow a bit human, it was less animalistic, but that only made it more horrible.

Its eyes were terrifying, they were a bright, almost glowing crimson, like those eyes of a newborn vampire after feeding.

The horrifying beast took a step towards us and immediately Jacob was the furry russet wolf I so loved to stroke, Mike was a grey with a few white streaks, Florence was Black with a bit of brown.

But Robbie seemed too terrified to move, I couldn’t say I blamed him.

The monster was had a deep growl building in it’s throat. It was clear that this was no friend. It’s intent was clear; attack.

Alice ran into Jasper’s arms, no longer her boisterous self and cowered there.

Jasper himself looked like he was in great pain; maybe it was the anger or the wildness of the wolf.

Emmett looked determined and took a stride towards the beast, flexing his arm and letting his huge muscles role, but a restraining hand from Rosalie stopped him.

The family had no idea what to do, but the wolves were growling back at the beast, yet still not moving to attack.

Then the monster shifted into a crouch facing Esme, who whimpered and fell back into Carlisle, and immediately the three wolves ran towards this monster, which looked bigger and stronger than them. They began a sort of dance, Jacob ran towards it and it slashed him, right across his face.

He gave out a howl of pain.

I wanted to scream ‘no!’ but it came out as a small squeak.

Immediately I felt two pairs of hands picking me up, I could recognize Mum and Dads cold grip. They began to lift me away and tried to run, to take me away.

How could they leave their best friends to fight to the death against this monster!

There was another desperate howl.

“Jake!” I cried out in desperation, and there came an almost reassuring whine in response.

Then the huge monster turned its head to face me.

“NO!” shouted Dad, upon hearing the creature’s intention.

But it was too late.

I saw a streak of black before I felt horrible pain, the worst pain imaginable, it was like there was a thousand huge knifes made of fire, and pain and despair, that had been sliced across my face.

The last thing I heard was a howl of pain unimaginable, even to me.

I could here hushed, anxious voices near me.

“Jake, she’ll be alright.” Said my mother in a soothing tone.

“But how can you be sure? You can’t know that! She might get infected! She must be hurting so much! You really can’t do anything else for her, doc?” said Jake sounding panicked.

I wanted to say “don’t worry, I’ll be fine!” to him, it hurt to hear him so upset.

But it also hurt on my face and I predicted agony whenever I considered opening, my eyes.

“I’m sure she will be Ok,” said Mum, then added in a worried tone, “Right Carlisle?”

“Well, it is beginning to be covered with epithelial tissue, so within two weeks, minimal collagen will be deposited and hopefully no scar will form. But, there may be a small Hypertrophic scar, which occurs when the body overproduces collagen, or an Atrophic scar, which is a sunken recess in the skin. But these will probably only take a few days, if they even occur, due to the venom in her system. The Cicatrisation should hardly take three or four hours. Epithelialization should have began a few minutes ago, which is good.”

There was a long period of silence.

“Ok,” said Carlisle with a sigh “It is healing fast, and she probably won’t have a scar.” He dumbed it down.

There was a small sigh of understanding

“But she has been unconscious for three hours,” said Jake, and his voice wobbled on the “three”.

I could no longer stand his pain; it felt like a hole in my stomach.

I opened my eyes - ignoring the searing pain - and saw a dark ceiling above me but after a few seconds I couldn’t find the strength to keep them focused.

“Nessie?” gasped Jacob and Dad, followed by a “Renesmee?” from Mum.

I wanted to say “I’m Ok” but all that came out was a garbled sigh.

“She says she’s OK,” said Dad, translating my thoughts.

There was an annoyed sound from Mum and she then said; “Now I know why you found it annoying.”

There was a small chuckle from Dad but it was quite short, he must be worried about me.

I felt exhausted, my head was pounding.

“Sleep,” I heard Dad say, and immediately I did

After three days my mark had completely faded, and I was feeling much better.

My eye was still a bit swollen, and it hurt in the morning when I opened my eyes. Mike had got a mark on his arm but it had healed within a day, and Florence had not a scratch on him.

However, Robbie had broken both of his leg, because he had been too terrified to phase and protect himself, and he had broken it pretty badly. He could just get out of his wheelchair – that Carlisle had borrowed from the hospital – and take a few stumbled steps, but it caused him pain.

The good news was, they should be healed in a few days.

Our huge concern now was the Voltouri.

What would we do when they got here?

We had decided that we couldn’t ask our friends to come this time; they had already done so much for us.

Mum had already told me not to worry, and Jasper calmed me down when I was near, but it was at night that it was worse.

I was constantly plagued by nightmares when I was asleep, and in my waking hours, I was worrying constantly.

My head buzzed, and I was starting to feel a bit sick. I just wanted to know that we had some sort of plan!

Trying to distract myself I asked a seemingly less important question.

“Dad, why was the were-wolf her?” it seemed strange that one would even be alive, let alone be found near a settling of vampires, and wolves.

“From his thoughts – which were pretty hard to read, as they are wild when they are in animal form – he was sent by the Voltouri. I don’t know whether this was a trick performed by another person, so that we don’t think of us having another enemy, or whether it was true. But, I suspect the latter, as it must be very hard to control your thoughts.”

The Voltouri? But I thought they hated were-wolves, they had nearly killed the pack because they suspected them of being even slightly similar to their enemies.

And Caius had showed complete disgust, but now they were working in harmony?

I doubted it.

“I know,” said Dad following the direction of my thoughts “The Voltouri never control any of their, um, natural instincts.”

I gulped at this; Mum had told me that the Voltouri were using their “Natural Food Source”.

“Oh that reminds me,” said Dad, and I gave at a small chuckle, as if a vampire needed reminding, “ Bella, Esme and Alice are going to go hunting in half an hour, do you want to go?”

I merely thought my obvious answer, YES, now that he mentioned it; my throat was like a desert. I didn’t need blood as much as the rest of my family, I tried to stick to human food, but I hadn’t hunted in at least a month.

“You better go and get ready, Alice went on another shopping spree this week, so you now have thirty-two raincoats, and mackintoshes to use up.” He said, smiling and shaking his head at his fashion-obsessed sister.

I speeded back to my room where, sure enough, there was a huge pile of clothes.

I picked one that looked plain, and beautiful. It was a lovely shade of pale grey.

It had six double-buttons in a shade of very pale, creamy brown.

It had a white strap around the middle, which matched the collar. The buckle was a gold color, wait; it can’t be real gold can it?

I read the nametag, it said Balenciaga. What? The price tag made me gasp. 1350 dollars?!

I gave a sigh. You can never reign in Alice!

I met them at the house wearing the monstrosity that Alice considered a reasonable raincoat. Though, I had to admit that I thought it looked pretty.

“Do you like it? I had Cristobal personally add the gold!” Alice squealed, obviously exited to see me wearing the newly bought coat, and wrapped me in a tight hug.

Mum and me shared exasperated looks.

“Yeah, it’s great,” I said once she had released me, and tried an enthusiastic smile. But, it must have come across as a sort of grimace because mum gave a snicker, causing Alice to roll her eyes.

“Come on, let’s go,” said Mum and we just started to move towards the door, when we heard a car on the driveway.

We had a visitor.

Please comment and tell me who you think it is!Marisa

wow poor Nessie :( I wonder who the new wolf was. You had a typo. You spelled the Volturi wrong :) there is no o before the u. Lol.Sorry I always do that at times.

I think it either might be a friend, the volturi or the werewolf in human form at the door

I shall give you a hint, they have been upset for around three years...

You are sort of right in one of your guesses, and also sort of right in the other...

I am never sure about the spelling of volturi-voltouri, but thanks for telling me! You know, i have typed ilovetwilight, edwardsparkles and nessieisadorable, my computer has added them to the list of correct words. Ahhhh, twilight :)

Thanks for commenting!

Marisa

P.S I should be updating tomorrow :)

oh lol :) and its okay and I wonder who they are then lol.

And okay and to let you know I am going on Holiday from 7th July for a week so I wont be on, I'll catch up when I am back

good... you might have a while reading!

I should be updating in a few hours :)

Marisa

It's fine :) I like this, story so It will give me time to catch up lol.

And kk :)

Great updates.

Real Werewolves - good story line, it makes it interesting. I like the way you outlined the differences between the wolf e.g. Jacob and this new beast.

I like the way that Nessie is slowly realising why Jacob is always there for her.

And Alice - always so Alice.

Great chapters. I enjoyed them

Best wishes

Chris

Thank You!

I really love reviews! Alice is so funny with her fashion, I literally wear one outfit, imagine what she would do to me!

Marisa

P.S Would you like me to base a volturi member on you, or a pack member?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service