The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2196

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I'm sure I will let her find out soon. I think it is actually her first human.

I will update soon.

i love this story, you are doing a great job.  please update again soon!

Thank You!

Just to say that I've released a few trailers on youtube for this. Please watch them: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6obSRnKMqXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhzIS_Q9kmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq44wXVQv-0

I'm sorry that this Chapter was so short, but I should be uploading the other one today or tomorrow.

13. Imprint

There was a very long silence.

Why on earth had I said that! Why couldn’t I have just kept my stupid mouth shut! Now nothing would ever be the same between us, and I had been the one to ruin our relationship.

What if I was wrong? He would be angry, and he would feel insulted.

I needed him to speak, to break the silence.

After what seemed like a billion years, Jacob spoke.

“Yes,” he whispered.

The phrase ‘Be careful what you wish for,’ popped into my head. Him speaking hadn’t made it any better; it had made it even more awkward.

“I’m so sorry.” We both said at the same time.

What had he got to be sorry about? He couldn’t have controlled what had happened, and I had been the one to bring it up.

The silence lived on.                                                                    

“I am sorry,” I said, and I meant it.

“You shouldn’t be, I’m the one who made this mess,” he said. I don’t know why, but those words hurt me. I didn’t want to think of our relationship – whatever it was now – as a mess.

I was suddenly almost grateful for the imprint. If he had never imprinted, we would never have been friends.

I realized at that moment that I couldn’t imagine my life if Jacob wasn’t in it.

“Don’t be sorry,” I said, and he almost looked angry.

“No,” he said and there was pain and self-hate in his words, “why did I do this? How could I have done this?” he was looking angry now, not at me but himself. He had started shaking violently now.

“Don’t,” I said, and the truth was, for the first time in my life, I felt truly scared of Jacob.

His face twisted, this was really getting out of hand.

“Why am I so stupid? I put us in this mess,” his frame was quivering.

“Jake,” I said, I tried to make my voice steady.

“I can’t think,” he said, and tears ran down his face, ‘I don’t…”

I needed to tell him that I wasn’t scared, that I understood and that I wasn’t angry with him. I just couldn’t find the words. I had to comfort him.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“YOU’RE SORRY?!” he screamed.

His body started to convulse and suddenly he had four legs.

He launched himself at me, snarling. I felt a burning across my leg. I was almost blinded by the pain.

“Renesmee!” I heard my mother’s voice, and I could hear seven sets of legs coming towards us.

I felt relief washing through me, but then fear. What would they do when they found out I knew? Would they fight? No, it wasn’t Jacob’s fault, I had asked and I had figured it out.

Jake turned his shaggy head to face them; he let out a snarl that was echoed by Dad.

“No!” I shouted, but they paid no attention to me.

“You stupid dog! What,” he crouched, “Have,” he tensed to spring, “You,” he flew towards him, “Done!” there was a huge howl of pain as Dad sunk his nails into his back.

Jake threw Dad of his back and he went crashing through the window.

“DAD! JAKE! STOOOPPPP!!!” I cried.

Mum picked me up and tried to get me out of there, but I wouldn’t’ let her. I kicked and cried and I didn’t know what to do.

I had no idea whose side I was on, but right now I could see that Jacob was losing. “Stop! Don’t hurt him,” I could barely make out what was happening through my tears.

I could feel Jacob’s pain like it was my own. Pain at hurting me, pain from my Dad, pain from his own self-loathing. But most of all I could feel a sort of wildness, that made these other emotions seem fainter.

I could vaguely see the outline of a wolf getting nearer, nearer and nearer.

Then everything went black.

Getting exciting, really enjoying your story Marisa!

Thank you!

14. Sorry

It felt like I was floating, up, up, up into nothingness. There was no pain here, in this place. It was dark, black.

Suddenly there was gravity, and I was brought back to earth. There was pain, too much pain. I could see little fireworks and lights popping in and out of existence. I felt a searing pain on my face, and across my leg.

I didn’t want to be here, I wanted the comfort of nothingness again, reality is much, much harder. As the pain increased, I let out a moan.

“Nessie?” came a beautiful melodic whisper, Dad.

“Yes.” I tried to say, but my aching throat made it sound crackly.

“Renesmee!” Came my mother’s voice, she sounded worried. I felt the need to comfort her.

“Mu…” I managed to get out.

I couldn’t remember what had happened. I could vaguely remember Jacob shouting? No, he had been crying.

In a rush the whole night came back to me. I had asked about the imprint, -Dad game a small hiss at this – I had seen Jacob phase, he had hurt my leg. I let out another moan when I remembered the fight.

But it was blurry somehow, out of focus and hazy.

“Honey? What is it?” asked Mum frantically.

I cleared my throat. Ow.

“I’m Ok,” I said, but my tone of voice suggested something else.

I tried to straiten up, but my leg seared with a pain that burned like fire.

“What happened to my leg?” I asked, I couldn’t place what had happened.

“That mutt,” said Dad, his voice sounding hateful and angry, “he bit you! I swear if he ever lays a hand on you again he will pay.” Dad was trembling with rage, but I hand placed on his arm by Mum calmed him down.

“We banged your head trying you to get away from him.” She continued.

I tried to move my head.

Ow.

“Where is he?” I needed to apologize.

They exchanged a meaningful glance.

“Is he OK?” I asked. What if he had got hurt during the fight? What if he hadn’t healed yet?

“I’ll go get him,” said Mum. Dad shot her a restraining glance, but she shook her head, then she motioned with her hand for Dad to follow.

I lay there wondering what to do.

This meeting was sure to be awkward, but now all I really cared about was knowing that he was safe. What if he had got hurt, and it all my entire fault? Merely thinking about that was painful.

I don’t think I could live much longer, not knowing if he was ok, or whether my stupid rashness had resulted in him being injured.

There was now way to predict how this meeting would go, I prayed that he would be all right, and he had got over his phase. I really didn’t want him to feel like he was in someway responsible for what had happened, there was no way he could have controlled it.

After about ten minutes of silence, the door opened slowly, to reveal Jacob.

“Jake!” I gasped.

Wow.

He looked a mess! His hair was knotted and scruffy. His already battered looking jeans were filthy. He had huge black bags under his eyes.

And his eyes. They were empty, soulless and unfathomable. Like somebody had sucked the life out of him.

His face was pained beyond belief. There was an ancient sadness displayed on his face, and his eyes were puffy, they looked like he was crying. What happened? “Are you Ok?” he croaked. His voice was hoarse, and it sounded like he hadn’t talked in days.

“What happened?” I gasped.

“I’m so, so, so sorry. I didn’t want to hurt you at all. I’m sorry. Is there any way you could possibly forgive me? I’m not expecting you to forgive me immediately, but maybe ove-”

“Jake, stop.” I said, trying to cut of his frantic pleading.

“I know,” he whispered, “I completely messed this up, there was no way you could ever forgive me.” He looked so despondent that it made me feel like I wanted to cry. His eyes were no longer blank, they showed the kind of emotion you might see in a man who has just been sentenced to death.

“No!” I said, how could he think I hated him? “You don’t need to feel guilty at all! I’m fine, it wasn’t your fault. I was so thoughtless to bring it up; I didn’t think it through at all. It wasn’t your fault. It was my fault. I’m sorry.” I said, he looked like he was going to continue, but I silenced him with s finger, “And I don’t want to hear that you are sorry.”

There was a silence.

“You do know what this means though,” he said, still looking anxious, “you don’t have to be with me. I can be your-”

“Lover, Friend, Brother or a Protector.” I finished for him, smiling.

After a while of him looking uneasy, he finally returned it.

“You don’t need to think about it,” he said, almost looking happy that I had accepted his apology.

“I know,” I said.

He crossed the room and wrapped me in a tight hug.

After a while, he was begging to crush me, so I tried to break away from his clasp, but that only made him squeeze tighter.

“Jake-Can’t Breathe!” I choked out.

“Oh,” he said, smiling sheepishly, “Sorry.”

He released me and I gasped, pulling in fresh lungful’s of air.

“You need to lie down,” said Jake, both looking and sounding concerned.

Now that he brought it up, sleepiness hit me in a tidal wave, practically knocking me out.

“Don’t worry,” he said, “You should sleep.”

I couldn’t be sure because I was halfway asleep, but I when I heard him say ‘I love you’ like he always did, it suddenly felt like it had much, much more meaning.

I heard the purr of a car coming up the drive.

Charlie was here.

Glad that they are both Ok and have made friends again.

I like the way you explain Nessie coming round to find herself in so much pain.

Best wishes

Chris

I'm sorry for the long wait - this was a really hard chapter to write.

Also, I made some banners which I will post seperately.

Hope you like this!

15. Bites and Howls

I heard the door open and close, and I vaguely felt a cold breeze coming through the door. I strained my ears to hear what they said, but I could only pick out a gentle murmur, if I hadn’t heard both of their voices before, I might say that it was simply a gentle breeze, making it’s infinite path through the forest.

I was listening so hard to their conversation that I jumped up in the air when I heard Dad calling me.

“Renesmee!” Wow, he sounded furious.

I had half a mind to pretend I didn’t hear him, but he would know.

With a sigh I got off my bed, and staggered. Head rush.

I hesitantly came down the stairs, trying to buy as much time as I could.

I located his voice to outside near the porch.

I was shocked at the sight that awaited me.

Dad was glaring at Jacob, fury on his face. Jacob had a mixed expression. He looked both scared, angry and did he look apologetic?

There was a very tense atmosphere around them.

“Renesmee Carlie Cullen!” said Dad, turning to face me. Why did he middle name me? “What exactly did Jacob tell you last night?”

Oh, he knew.

“Um…” I said, trying to come up with some sort of answer that wouldn’t make him angrier.

“Well?” he said.

I opened my mouth to say god-knows-what, but I was cut off by a howl from nearby. For a second I was glad at this interruption, but then I realized that something was wrong.

Another, and another, and another followed it, until the air was full of baying.

The most horrible sound followed.

The great wolf's howl crackled through my eardrums and ruffled my hair, the shrill wail pierced through the morning.

This was the most feral, horrible and terrifying sound that I had ever heard.

It was different from the other, usual, almost playful howls I have grown to expect from the pack. This was aggressive, and so piercing it hurt my ears.

It was close.

Panic washed through me, and I felt a sick knot form in my stomach.

I looked over to the edge of the forest, and my eyes met a large black mass of fur and muscle with eyes of pure ice. The hairs on my neck stood on end as it raised its head and gave another low holler made my body shake.

All of the dawn echoed with the call this massive beast as I stumbled back, and fell into the warm, comforting arms of Jake. My body shook with fear as I looked up at the monster, and it slowly began to edge towards us.

As the behemoth stepped out of the shadowy forest I recognized it.

It was the were-wolf from the game.

Behind this monster, figures I vaguely recognized as Seth, Robbie, Mike, Florence, Quil, Embry and Florence followed.

Hands that I recognized as Dad’s snatched me from Jacob’s warmth. He picked me up and edged back, snarling.

At the same moment, each wolf came at the beast from different direction. It gave out a mix between a yelp and a growl.

Jacob leaped of the ground and landed as a wolf near the huge black behemoth.

The brute growled at Jacob, and pounced. No! I wanted to scream, but my fear paralyzed me. I couldn’t bear to see him in pain.

The other pack members snarled, and Seth jumped onto the creatures back, taking his focus off Jacob.

It was almost as terrifying watching Seth battle; he was at least half the size of the black were-wolf. But Jake was clever. As the creature flung himself towards Seth, he bit his back leg, and before the creature could advance on Jacob, Seth once again jumped on his leg.

Jacob, who was backed up by the other wolves began to chase him towards the forest. And, seeing he was outnumbered, with a pathetic whine, he retreated.

I was still staring at the spot on the edge of the forest where the creature had vanished; I needed to be sure that it was gone, when Dad gave another tug on my arm.

“Come on,” he whispered.

I followed him inside, and saw Bella, and a shocked looking Charlie awaiting us.

“Carlisle,” said Edward, and in a flash Carlisle was by us.

“I saw,” he said, “do we know why he came back?”

“Yes,” and though Edward looked rim, he wasn’t quite as serious as before, “The Volturi, he was thinking of one member in particular.”

One member? Why wouldn’t he be thinking of Aro, Caius or Marcus? Why not one of the Volturi’s leaders?

“Her name is Christine,” he said, “she has the power to plant thoughts into your head.”

“Plant thoughts? Like Nessie?” asked Carlisle, and the gleam that was always in his eye when he heard brand new information light up his face.

“No, Nessie can show you pictures,” said Edward, “Christine can literally give you thoughts without touching you, and make you do her bidding. She is a newborn, only about a year old, the Volturi obviously wanted her because of her talent.”

“But how were you able to read his mind?” asked Carlisle.

“I’m not sure, but I have a theory. Their minds are different from ours, but if she were to put a thought that was from her brain, I could read it because it was one from her head, so it was a vampire’s thought in a were-wolf’s mind.”

“Fascinating,” breathed Carlisle.

“She sent him to not only destroy us, but to gather information. They want to know how strong our defense is.” Said Edward grimly.

How strong our defense was? We hadn’t been so strong this time.

Don’t think like that, I told myself, We will be much more prepared when they come, we will have practiced more and would have hunted.

Ouch. Thinking about hunting set my throat on fire. Our last hunting trip had been canceled due to the visit of Tanya and her family.

“Nessie, will you go hunting with Jacob?” asked Dad, no doubt having heard how thirsty I was.

“Yes,” I said quickly, think about it though, is there anyone who would say no?

After having a buck and two doe’s, I saw Jacob sitting on a log, contemplating something apparently important, because he barely seemed to notice I was there, I joined him.

While hunting I had thought about a question that I had been wondering about for ages, and now, without warning it bubbled to the top of my lips.

“Jacob?” I said.

“Yes?” he said, turning to face me.

“What am I?” I blurted out. Why did I always ask the most awkward questions?

An odd, unfathomable look came on to his face, and there was a long pause.

“Nessie,” he began, “I don’t think I should be the one to tell you that.” He said.

“Please?” I asked.

He sighed.

“You were conceived when your mother was human, and your Dad was a vampire. When you were born, she almost died, so your father changed her.”

I considered this for a while.

It wasn’t entirely a shock to me, I had expected something similar. The thing that I was thinking about was the fact that I had almost killed my mother. Guilt washed through me. What if I had been the cause of her death? But you weren’t, said a voice in my head.

But I could have killed her.

Jacob seemed to understand that I needed to think, because he sat patiently for ages, just watching me contemplate this information.

After a while I he seemed unable to contain himself anymore.

“Are you Ok?” he asked, sounding anxious.

I nodded vacantly.

I hadn’t killed her, had I? There was no need for me to be guilty.

At least, that was what I was trying to convince myself.

“Why are you guilty?” asked Jacob, he must have felt my extreme self-reproach.

“I could have killed her,” I whispered, voicing my horrifying fear.

“But you didn’t,” he argued. I sighed, of course, that was the only thing he could say, but it didn’t make me feel better.

He looked like he wanted to say something, but then he closed his mouth.

For ages he just sat there staring at the ground, then he seemed to snap out of his trance and said,

“Don’t feel guilty. We need to be home soon, and your Father will not be happy if he finds out you know.”

JACOB’S POV

Why did I just blurt everything out like that?

I know, I’m stupid.

I could feel guilt and self-loathing flood through her; so strong it felt like it was my own. Shouldn’t she be, I don’t know, scared or confused?

“Why are you guilty?” I asked flat-out, it really hurt to feel her being so upset.

“I could have killed her,” she whispered, as if admitting to a terrible crime she committed.

“But you didn’t.” I said, it was the only thing I could think of that might possibly make her feel better. She frowned.

I desperately wanted to tell her what I had done, to make her feel better. No, whispered the voice of sense in my head, she’ll hate you for it! How would you feel if you found out you’re best friend, who you have trusted for years, suddenly told you that they tried to kill you?

I would be upset, angry maybe. I had been so, so lucky that she had accepted me before, I simply couldn’t push my luck.

Then something got me thinking, did I really want her to think of me just as her best friend?

Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No.

Yes, I wanted her to think of me as her best friend, someone that she could trust, and someone who was always there for her.

No, I wanted us to be something more. Not now, but someday.

Yes, she was only about the size of a ten year old now, it shouldn’t be like that, she needed to be as old as me, and even then, she might not want me.

No, I couldn’t I just be her friend, not when all of my feelings for her would just bottle up, and eventually come to the surface anyway.

Yes, her father would never let me, or her mother.

No, when I looked in her eyes, when I saw her I could never be without her, that much was extremely clear to me.

Yes, she might not even want me, and like Seth had said, I didn’t want to take her options so young.

No, I couldn’t see her with another person, I just couldn’t.

Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No.

My head swirled with confusing thoughts, and I just made a snap decision, unable to bear it anymore.

Yes, I had to leave it here.

For now.

I caught her looking at me, trying to tell what I was thinking not doubt.

“Don’t feel guilty. We need to be home soon, and your Father will not be happy if he finds out you know.”

I got of the log, and ran back to the house, still trying to find some sense of what was right.

RENESMEES POV

Approaching the house with Jacob, I felt an aura of gloom engulf me.

When I got closer, I could here dry sobs from upstairs, and an odd thudding noise from upstairs. What happened?

When I opened the door, I saw all of my family sitting down, and looking really grim.

“Dad?” I asked, I felt truly afraid, what could have happened?

“Charlie.” He said, his voice was extremely grave. “He didn’t make it.”

Then I recognized the noise upstairs, from another far, far, far away life.

A broken heart being forced to beat.

Oh My God! I caught up after being away on Holiday and too much drama. Poor Charlie, Nessie, Jake and the others :( please post soon, I love this and need to know what's gonna happen next

I will!

Wow, that's me I can see myself in print - owww now I'm very excited! Thank you so much.

I love it! I'm a vampire who can put thoughts into other people’s minds, I would so love to be able to do that. It is such a strong talent.

I like the rest of the chapter as well of course but now just so excited!

Thank you again

Chris

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service