The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2138

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

great update!  awwe, i was and am hoping charlie makes it!

Thank You! Charlie made me cry while writing this :(

Awesome chapter Marisa, really enjoying your story:)

Here are the banners I made for this... Hope you like them!

Sorry they are pretty bad, I only used Power Point!

I like the banners, they seem bit croweded with everyone in them but they are still good

I like them!

This chapter is very, very short. I’m truly sorry, but I needed this to be this short for drama, and stuff. I promise that I will update soon!

Please no hate in the reviews!

16. Candle

BELLA’S POV

This chapter is very, very short. I’m truly sorry, but I needed this to be this short for drama, and stuff. I promise that I will update soon!

No.

He can’t have died.

He can’t!

Edward promised!

I couldn’t make out my surroundings anymore, the only person in the world was Charlie, and he was going to live!

I suddenly wished that I could cry. I wanted to not be able to see, to feel. I never wanted to live one more second knowing that my father had trusted me, he put his life in my hands!

And I had let him down.

“Bella,” came the soft voice of Carlisle from behind me, “you need to leave him.”

“No.” I said, I tried to sound firm and in control, but my overwhelming grief made my voice crack.

I felt Edward place his hand gently on my shoulder, trying to pull me away from Charlie. I couldn’t be away from him, not now.

“I won’t. No. I can’t. No. I couldn’t. No.” I mumbled the same things over again, hoping that somehow they might magically make sense.

“Bella,” said Edward, and he slowly started to take me to the door. I wanted to stay here, to struggle, to shout. But I couldn’t.

I felt drained, completely dead.

That was what the wolves used to describe my family as, and I had never believed them, but now I saw their point.

I had never ever minded what I was, I had begged for it when I was human. But that was when I never realized that any pain you have, you have to live with it forever, you can never run from it. I knew that I would always mourn for Charlie, always hate myself for doing this to him, and I would always hurt.

I had killed my own father.

These things prevented me from moving, or resisting the gentle but firm hands that took me away from the person who loved me. The person who accepted who I was, and what I was. The person who trusted me.

The person that I had killed.

I felt like my flame had been blown out. Like someone had drained out my life, happiness. It was all gone. Gone…

It only took one sound for the candle to be lit. One tiny noise that made me feel complete, one tiny, tiny sound that made my life worth living.

One sound that made me have faith in my life again.

Just one sound made me realize everything I had done made sense.

One sound.

The stuttering beat of a heart.

aww poor Bella :( 

Hi there,

this is a very good chapter and you were right to keep is short and to the point - very dramatic.

So glad about the heart beat! I thought we'd lost one of the best ones there!

You portrayed Bella's grief very well and I like the way you built to the one sound - that was very nice.

Best wishes

Chris

Still excited to see me in print.

Thank you! I have a plan for your character later on... but no spoilers!

I should be updating today!

Marisa

I'm really sorry for the long wait! I had a lot of stuff happening recently.

Thank you so much for waiting so long!

17. Bonfire

I watched the vast expanse of trees flash by me.

Charlie had been upstairs for three days. It wasn’t the best idea for Jacob or me to be around when he ‘woke up’, so Jake had invited me to a bonfire in la Push, and I would be sleeping at Billy’s house tonight, with Jacob. I was very excited.

I settled on the bonfire.

I had never been to one of the bonfires before, and I heard the whole pack would be there. I had never heard the elders tell the legends, but according to mum, it was magical.

From the few times that I had met Billy, I always felt a feel of magic around him, and a sense of grandeur.

We were mostly silent as we headed towards the edge of the trees.

I remembered what it was like when we heard it.

There was silence.

No one made a sound either here, or upstairs.

We had all heard it. The impossible beat of a heart, a heart that had been dead for many minutes.

It was followed by another stutter, louder this time. And another, and another, and soon the air was filled with rapid, frantic beats that seemed to get stronger all the time.

I thought there must have been some mistake, but it was clear that somehow, impossibly, unthinkably, absurdly, Charlie had survived.

“Nessie,” said Jacob, pulling me out of my memory, “we’re almost there.”

When we reached the bonfire I was hit by an aura of calm so strong, you could feel it.

“Hey Nessie!” said Seth, and he wrapped me in a big, warm, bear hug.

“Seth!” I gasped, I could barely breath.

“Oh,” he let me go, smiling gingerly, “Sorry.”

I looked round the circle and saw two boys that I hadn’t seen before, who I presumed to be Ace and Jayden.

The one on the right had short dark brown hair, and wore glasses. He had a slightly nervous air about him, and kept glance nervously around, like he was waiting for someone to jump out and shout ‘boo!’ He looked slightly weedier than the others.

His brother was the opposite. He had huge muscles, and jet-black hair that flopped lazily into his eyes; he had huge laugh lines around his eyes. Though rather than making him look older, they gave him a look of childish confidence that fitted well with his huge grin.

I hadn’t met Ace or Jayson yet, but I was worried about those two.

They are only fifteen, and they have been wolves for only days, so I doubt that they will come back from the fight without injury, or whether they’ll come back at all!

I realize for the first time, that this didn’t just apply to them.

When they were fighting, I would be perishing. Not knowing who had won, not knowing who was injured, not knowing if the people I loved most in the world hadn’t vanished from existence.

It would be tortuous.

Through the euphoria of Charlie surviving, we were panicked.

The Volturi were going to come in just five days, and though we knew that there was no way to avoid a confrontation, that didn’t stop us frantically searching for some alternative.

For a while, I zoned out and thought and worried about the fight.

Though part of me vaguely saw Seth throwing a jumbo-sized hotdog at Florence, everything seemed to blur out, and the war cry that emitted from Mike as Embry stole his roasted marshmallow became soft background noise.

I was jumped when Quil gave me a soft nudge, and I made a noise that sounded like “bjfussisoin”.

I looked around to see a smirking Quil, and Billy opening his mouth to speak.

“This is the story of how he pack came to be. For a many, many years we have been able to protect our people, but before this, we were spirit warriors.”

I straitened up, and listened intently.

“Our ancestors settled in La Push and became efficient fishermen and shipbuilders. As time passed, other peoples coveted our land and moved against us for it. Our tribe was small and could not defend themselves, so they took their ships and left the land.

“At sea, Kaheleha used the magic in his blood to defend it. He was the first Spirit Chief in Quileute history. He and all the men left the ships in spirit only, using the original power of Quileute Astral Projection, leaving their bodies behind under the care of the women.

“Though they could not physically hurt the enemy, our warriors had other ways. They blew fierce winds into our enemy’s camps; they could make great screaming in the wind and could manipulate animals to do their bidding. Animals were the only ones that could see them and help.

"The invading tribe had packs of thick-furred dogs to pull their sleds in the north, and which were set against them. Bats were brought out of the cliff caverns.

“As a result, the dogs and bats won and the survivors of the invaders scattered thinking the harbor cursed. They released the dogs, which ran wild, and returned to their bodies victorious.

“Generations passed and the last of the Great Spirit Chiefs came to be. Taha Aki was a man of peace and was known for his wisdom. However there was one man named Utlapa,” there were hisses from around the circle, “who believed that they should use their magic to expand their control over the Hohs and the Makah’s, building an empire.

“When the spirit warriors left their bodies their minds were all connected with each other. Taha Aki did not like what Utlapa wanted and banned him from the tribe. Utlapa left and hid in the nearby forest.

“Taha Aki was vigilant and protected his people even when there was no danger. Every so often, the Spirit Chief would leave the village to a sacred and secret place in the mountains. He would leave his body behind and searched the surrounding areas for any dangers or threats.

“One day, Utlapa followed Taha Aki planning to kill him, but as he waited for him to leave his body he hatched another plan. Utlapa left his body, took Taha Aki's body, and killed his own. Taha Aki knew immediately what was happening when Utlapa joined him in the spirit world.

“He raced back to his sacred place but was too late. He followed his body in his spirit self down to the tribe. For weeks he watched with despair, as Utlapa made sure everyone believed he was Taha Aki.

“Then Utlapa's first edict came: no warrior was to enter the spirit world because he had a vision of danger, but in truth he was afraid of Taha Aki. Utlapa took liberties with the tribe that no one ever dreamed of. He took a second and a third wife, even though Taha Aki's wife still lived, something that shocked many members of the tribe.

“Eventually, Taha Aki brought a great wolf down the mountains to kill Utlapa and free the tribe, but Utlapa only hid from it behind his warriors. The wolf ended up killing a young man, making Taha Aki's grief greater.

“Taha Aki had been away from his body long enough to be in agony. He felt doomed of never being ever to cross the line between life and death. The great wolf followed him through the forest and Taha Aki felt jealous of the animal; at least it had a body and a life.

“At that moment the Spirit Chief had an idea that changed the future of the Quileute’s. He asked the animal if he could share his body with him and the wolf complied. As one being, the wolf and the man went to the village…

________

“She grabbed a knife from one of her sons, ran towards the blood drinker and stabbed herself in the heart. The Cold Woman could resist the blood and gave in to her thirst.

“Taha Aki bit her throat and finished her off along with two of his sons who felt such rage at seeing their mother dead that they turned into wolves. After that,

“Taha Aki never returned to his human self, staying to protect his wife's body and leaving to the forest never to return to the tribe.”

I was so intensely into the story that I barely noticed when Billy finished.

Wow.

I never had a clue that the wolf pack had such a history!  I always thought that they might have just had an odd gene or something. Wow.

“Wow, that was incredible!” I whispered to Jake, who had a grin on his face. For a few minutes there was peaceful silence.

“Who wants to play hide and seek?" Yelled Quil, whom I noticed had brought Claire along. She looked about five or six now, and she had her hair in adorable pigtails. I smiled, sometimes members of the pack our more childish than me. However, you can never say no to hide and seek.

“Me!” I shouted along with Clair, Jacob, Quil, Kim, Mike and Jared.

“You’re on!” squealed Clair, tapping Quil on the shoulder and running away.

I sprinted out into the forest, looking for somewhere to hide.

Adrenalin pulsed through me, and I started to panic when Quill said ‘78’.

After a while of running around aimlessly – like you always do when searching for a place to hide – I found a hollow tree. I glanced around to check that no one was there, and jumped inside.

“97, 98, 99, 100! Coming, ready or not!” shouted Quil. I pressed myself further backwards into the tree.

“Nessie, is that you?” whispered a voice from above me.

“Yes,” I looked up to see Clair with her arms and legs holding herself quite a way up, “how did you get up there?”

“Shhhhhh…” she said, as we both heard footfalls coming towards us.

We both sighed in relief as the sound of feet faded away.

“Boo!” Quil’s beaming face came up in front of me, making me jump.

“Now you have to help me!” he crowed.

In the end we found Jared and Kim- who Jared was carrying at the top of a tree – and Mike – how had somehow got inside a tree that was solid – but Jacob was nowhere to be seen.

I suddenly had an idea.

“Wait here!” I called to the others, and took off full speed towards the caves.

When I made it inside the cavernous caverns, I could barely see it was so dark, and that was saying something as my eyes have super-good sight.

A flash of unexpected lightning threw the cave wall with light.

I gasped.

Across the wall there were beautiful carvings.

There was a woman, who had hair that flowed down to her waist, and a look of determination on her face. Five small boys, who all looked terrified, surrounded her.

“The third wife,” came a voice from behind me. I spun around and saw Jacob a few feet behind me.

For a beautiful moment we just stood and looked at the cuttings in the wall, but soon, of course, that moment had to end.

“Jacob! I found you! Hah!” called Jared in the distance.

“Ok,” said Jacob, “I’ll count.”

Exhausted, dizzy and out of breath, we lay down on the ground side-by-side.

All the others had gone home, we were completely alone.

There was a sense of magic in the air at that point in time. Like here, right now, laying next to Jacob the world was full of endless possibilities.

It could have been years, hours, minutes or days that we lay there watching the stars, in this place with Jacob time did not exist, the only people in the world were him and me, me and him.

The world moved on around us, as it always does, but we were in a bubble where time seemed to stop at that moment, at that second in infinite time. Time simply stopped.

“There,” said Jacob pointing to a cluster of stars, “That is Lupus, the wolf.”

Before he had pointed it out, that cluster of stars had just looked like an oddly shaped fist, but now I could see every detail. The snout, the tail and the beady eyes and the shaggy fur.

“People used to believe he was a were-wolf, because one of the stars that makes him up is called ‘Man’.” Said Jacob, who turned to face me, smiling

I smiled back.

At this second, at this point in endless time, I truly felt calm, at peace.

Thoughts of the Volturi, the fight, the were-wolf who had tried to attack us, were all gone. Replaced by hope, harmony, and affection. The stuttering clogs of the world that made so many fatal mistakes began to move in perfect synchronization, not one toe out of line.

There was no word to describe this feeling, apart from…

Love.

Wow that was intresting, I loved the story of the wolfs that Billy told, it was even better then in the film/books lol. The game seemed fun. Lol Jared carrying Kim, up a tree. cheater. Hahah

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service