The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2209

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! I'm sorry for the long wait!

its fine :) when will you post more?

Hopefully today or tomorrow morning :)

please today, please please please

I'll try!

yay

Hi Marisa,

Thats was a great chapter. I'm really pleased that Nessie found some peace.

I like the way you tell the tribes storys - similar to before but with a few changes just as it would be when it is a told history, I'm interested if the differences will be plot lines in the story.

The cave painting was a good detail and added depth to the stories.

Best wishes

Chris

18. Mornings

Light streamed through the tattered curtains.

I could hear the gentle snores of Jacob coming from the living room. I smiled.

Jake had been really kind and said that I should sleep in his old room, so he was sleeping on the couch.

Yawning deeply, I got up and tried to tame my curls that were usually unknotted and bouncy in the morning, but now they looked like a birds’ nest. I must have tossed and turned last night.

I remember having a dream, but I couldn’t quite remember what had happened. It had been sunny I think, or just very bright. It looked like daytime, but were there stars?

I shook my head; once you lose a dream, you can never remember it. Also, I had an odd feeling that I wouldn’t want to remember it

With a sigh, I checked the time the aged clock above the bathroom sink.

My eyes bulged.

Ten o’clock?!

We had to be at Emily’s house for lunch with the pack in half-an-hour!

I dashed about, probably blurring, frantically brushing my teeth and getting dressed (into clothes that I had packed yesterday) at the same time. A quick glance in the mirror told me that there was no point brushing my hair, so I pushed back my hair and tied it in a messy ponytail.

I tiptoed past Billy’s room, but I couldn’t hear him, he must already be up and about.

I ran into the living room, planning to shake Jacob awake.

When I got into the living room, I stopped.

When Jacob slept he looked like a completely different person.

The worry lines that had been present ever since we heard that that the Volturi were coming had been erased, and he suddenly looked more like the seventeen year old – sort of – that he was.

He looked so peaceful, so calm at that moment that I stood for a few minutes, just watching him sleep.

“No! Never trust a lion!” he mumbled, and even though he was clearly un-conscious, his tone was stern and almost pleading.

I giggled.

I had almost forgotten why I had originally come here.

It seemed cruel to wake him up, but it was very late.

“Jake,” I said softly, nudging him lightly. His snores didn’t even waver.

“Jake,” I said a bit louder, now elbowing him slightly harder. Still nothing.

“Jake!” I was shouting now, I kicked his foot. His snores faltered, but after a few minutes they picked up again

I sighed; I knew what I had to do.

I took a deep breath.

“JAAAKE!!!” I screamed, and I rolled him off the couch, using all my might.

“Where’s the lion?” he almost growled groggily.

“Lion?” I asked.

“Huh?” he said drowsily, blinking convulsively. Then he gave a small sigh.

“How can you sleep like that?” I asked, ignoring his odd behavior.

“You need to get up!”  I said, getting to the point.

“But it’s only ten o’clock!” he said, glancing at the clock above the old TV.

“Only ten o’clock?” I shouted, when did he usually wake up?!

“Yes,” he said slowly, as if explaining that one plus one made two a stubborn child, actually in one sense that was true.

“Come on,” I said, attempting to make him stand – or at least sit – and failing.

“No,” he said, turning over and cuddling the moth-eaten duvet to his chest.

“Yes,” I declared simply.

“No,” he stated, yawning.

“Yes,” I said, narrowing my eyes.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Goodnight,” he said, and closed his eyes.

“I know how this can be settled,” I stated, smiling slyly.

“How?” he asked, still not opening his eyes.

I grabbed a pillow from the sofa.

“PILLOW FIGHT!” I screamed, and hit him hard on the head.

“You’re on.”

He grabbed his pillow from above his head and hit me in the chest very lightly.

“Surely you can do better than that,” I teased.

He stood up shakily, and hit me on the head, harder this time.

I grabbed another pillow from the sofa and hit his legs, which buckled and landed him on top of his blanket on the floor.

“I win,” I declared, smiling.

“Fine,” he muttered, getting up again, his legs shaking.

“You look like Bambi,” I laughed.

He smiled, and walked towards the bathroom, his back arched over.

--------------------

JACOB’S POV

I was in a forest, it was very bright.

Something felt wrong, like part of me was missing. I noticed that Nessie wasn’t by my side, like she usually was.

I started running around trying to find her, but my paws felt sore. In the distance I heard a familiar giggle. Nessie.

Through the loosely packed trees I saw her, she was on top of a lion!

“Nessie! No!” I tried to shout, “Never trust a lion!” but it only came out as a whine.

“Who is that bear?” she asked the beast she was riding.

“No!” I howled out in grief, “Nessie!”

“It’s scaring me! Let’s go!” she said, and she sounded truly afraid. She was afraid of ME. The lion ran away.

“Jake?” came a voice from the distance.

“Where is the lion?” I growled, I had to protect her!

“Lion?” Came the familiar voice.

“Huh?” I asked, confused. Then it clicked.

There was no lion. She hadn’t forgotten who I was. It was all a dream.

I sighed in relief.

“How can you sleep like that?” She asked, sounding astounded. I ignored her rhetorical question.

“You need to get up!”  She said. What?

“But it’s only ten o’clock!” he said, well, acording to the clock on top of my television; it might have been an hour late. Even so, she shouldn’t sound so panicked about getting up.

“Only ten o’clock?!” She screeched, her voice still sounded like a chorus of angels, but it was so loud that I felt the urge to  cover my ears.

“Yes,” I said, didn’t she know that?

“Come on,” She said, and started to pull on my arm.

“No,” I said simply, and grabbed the duvet.

“Yes,” She stated firmly.

“No,” I said, yawning.

“Yes,” She said slyly, narrowing her eyes.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Goodnight,” I said, trying to end this argument.

For a there was silence, and I  thought she must have decided to let me rest.

“I know how this can be settled,” She stated, sounding slightly sly.

“How?” I asked, nervous.

“PILLOW FIGHT!” She screeched and something hit me on the head.

Reluctantly I tapped her on the chest with a pillow, not wanting to hurt her.

“Surely you can do better than that,” She teased me.

I stood up shakily, and unwillingly hit her on the head, still not using all my strength.

She grabbed another pillow from the sofa and hit my legs that were very weak, causing me to fall on top of my blanket on the floor.

“I win,” she declared, sounding smug.

“Fine,” I muttered, getting up again, my legs shaking like I was walking for the first time.

“You look like Bambi,” she laughed.

I smiled at her reference to my favorite film ever. No matter how many times Embry teased me about being a sissy, I always cry when Bambi’s mother dies.

Reluctantly, I got up two hours earlier than usual.

--------------------

RENESMEE’S POV

After a few minutes, Jacob came out of the bathroom looking slightly cleaner and wearing an old white vest and some roughly cut off sweat-pants, his hair looked like he had merely ran his fingers through it, it looked in a very messy disarray.

Well, at least it isn’t as bad as dad’s hair aka The Hair, as Jacob had once called him.

“Am I presentable now your majesty?” he asked sarcastically.

“Hmmmm…” I mused, “I supposed you’ll have to do,” I said, with a sigh.

He rolled his eyes and followed me out the door.

Aww lol this chapter made me Laugh. Jake's mumbling in his sleep about a Lion. So funny lol

Thank You! 

wlecome

Its good to have a fun chapter but is the lion significant and Jacobs weak legs?

Best wishes

Chris

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service