The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2184

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

1. Betrayal

I really look forward to these days, the days when I get to see Grandpa but even after three years Dad still feels the need to give me a pep talk.

“Now what do you do if you get thirsty?” He said for about the millionth time.

“Excuse myself and go outside to cool down.” I said with a sigh, wouldn’t it just be peachy if he could trust me? I mean, for once?

“Exactly,” He said proudly. I sighed heavily, Mum smiled, she loves the way I look like Dad when I do that.

“And what do you never do while he is here?” chimed in Alice.

“Show him something by touching him,” gosh, I mean if I haven’t tried to drink his blood by now why should I?

“Ok,” said Dad scrutinizing me, “I think you’re ready”

It’s not like I’m getting ready for I fight to the death,I thought sarcastically.

He frowned.

Ok, Ok, bad joke.

He rolled his eyes.

Emmett growled quietly and Mum chuckled, he absolutely hated it when he didn’t know what was going on.

Dad shot me a look that clearly said He’s not that bad.This caused Emmett to scowl so hard that the phrase ‘If looks could kill’ popped into my head.

“Believe me if they could I know he would have found some way to use it for our anoyment.”

Emmett looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel.

I wondered if that was even possible for vampires, maybe…

I jumped the sound of gravel crunching under the wheels of Charlie’s car snapped me out of my reverie.

After a few seconds the door opened revealing Charlie, followed by Jacob shaking his head like a wet dog, which, admittedly, he had probably just been.

“Hey Nessie!” said Charlie as he came through the door and embraced me in a tight hug.

“Grandpa!” I squealed

“Oh, you’re getting so big!” He was right. I had matured from a tiny baby to about the size of a ten year old in almost four years!

“Hi Char- I mean dad.” said Mum.

“Hey Bells!” said Charlie enthusiastically, “You really should put her in school, she’s going to get behind.”

Me and her exchanged a quick glance, we both knew there was no way that I could get behind in work, that was one thing we were all certain of.

A few seconds later Jacob charged in, sprinting at full speed into the living room. I didn’t think our tiny cottage could stand another person, there would be hardly any room to move around, as it was some of my family had to stand with their backs against the wall-

The look on his face cut off my musing, his face had agony and horror spread across it.

There was a long pause as everyone else took in his expression, they didn’t seem to feel too good about it either, I thought absently. It was absent because the other part of my brain was trying to figure out where I had seen that look before, I was sure it had been quite a while ago, and it was a little bit fuzzy, but, who knows? I may have just been having an incredibly strong case of déjà vu.

“Jacob?” It was mum’s frantic voice that broke the silence that seemed to have lasted years, though it was probably only a few seconds.

Suddenly I realized when I had seen that look before as the horror crossed dad’s face too.

And I realized it could only mean one thing.

They were coming back.

umm you posted chapter 1

Yeah, I put the prologue at the top so i posted this so that i can link this to chapter 1. IF that makes sense :)

oh

Omg you are good as a writer!

¬21. Journey

I had been watching the Cullens from my branch in a nearby forest for a day.
I was shocked at how they behaved.
They didn’t look nervous to turn their backs on each other, incase they lost a limb.

Was this how all vampires behaved? Had I simply been forced to believe that this was how my kind behaved?
No, this seemed much too friendly a gathering. They were almost like a family.
I shuddered, it was highly unnatural.

I was torn out of my thoughts by the whooshing wind sound that only vampire running could make. I quickly pushed myself into a tiny hole in the tree, and hoped that I would be to far in for anyone to see.

I nearly fell out of the tree.

There was a little girl who was running alongside a smiling brunette.
Her skin was pale, pale enough for her to be immortal, but it only let off a vague glow when the early-morn sun hit her. And her eyes.

Rather than the red color I had expected, they were a beautiful silky brown. How could that be?
But this wasn’t the most shocking thing about her.

She only looked about eleven at the oldest, and the older brunette looked at her with such adoration that you could hardly believe they weren’t mother and daughter. Somehow when she was looking at the small one, her whole face lit up, making her look about twice as beautiful.

I examined the woman closer, only to be in danger of dropping about twenty feet, and possibly making a small crater in the ground once more.

She was clearly vampire, her skin let of blinding rays of light, and her face was inhumanly beautiful (enhanced by the small one), yet she was about as different from a vampire as the glowing child.

Her eyes were a dark gold color. Gold.
What secrets did this coven have?

Being up in the tree about half a mile away from the house, I could barely see their eye color, and the one that I had seen had black eyes, which seemed normal.

Just then, the brunette looked up.
I stifled a gasp.

Pushing myself still deeper into the tree, I sucked in my chest, praying that she wouldn’t see me.
After a few seconds she looked away, probably thinking that it was just a squirrel. I breathed a sigh of relief.

She started to speed off and she grabbed the small ones hand and pulled her along too.

When they were a reasonable distance away, I carefully climbed out of my hole and grabbed the branches nearest me. Taking a deep breath I propelled myself forward, swinging on the branches along the way.

It was so exhilarating I felt the need to laugh, but I clamped my mouth shut; I didn’t like to think what would happen to me if they found out that I was spying on them.

When I had caught up with them, the scene that awaited me was very odd. The brown haired one was tensed, and she closed her eyes. She was obviously hunting, but what human would come here?
Suddenly her eyes opened and she and the girl sped off. Curious, I followed them.

What I saw then will haunt me forever.

I thought through the question. What human?
She was holding a buck firmly, and her teeth were deep into its neck. She was sucking thirstily, so the only conclusion was that she was drinking an animal!

How is that even possible?!
I thought what this would mean.
It meant that there was another way. It meant that we didn’t have to kill humans; it meant that I had murdered innocent people, with no reason! I had always expected what I am, and told myself that it was natural for me to kill people, that it was the only way to survive.

But now it was clear that I didn’t have to be a murderer, and all the disgust I had felt when I first saw what the girl was drinking had ebbed away. I decided that I would do everything in my power to not murder people any more.

I heard a victory cry from the other side of the forest, and I quickly went to see what had happened.

In the middle of a clearing the little girl was holding huge mountain lion. The animal was batting furiously at the girl, with enough strength to permanently scar her face. However, the girl acted as if his sharp claws were merely tickling feathers. She was draining it fast, and the creature gave up with a gurgle, and it slumped to the floor

So the girl must be a vampire then. But she looked so human. Her eyes didn’t get the light shade of butterscotch that the other one’s had when she had drank the deer.

They just stayed the same shade of chocolate.

What could she be then? A thought struck me. What if these people were a different type of vampire, that was able to be near humans without their throats burning? What if this child was part human?

But that wouldn’t make any sense. Now that I thought about it the brunette was obviously the little ones mother. But how would that work? Surely vampires couldn’t have children, we are frozen in time. And she would have had to change to carry the baby, wouldn’t she?

None of it made sense.

These creatures, though odd, were clearly not dangerous. So why was it that when ever Master talked about the Cullens, there was fear in his eyes. Surely these people weren’t threats to our peace, were they?

“Renesmee!” called a chiming voice.
The little one left her kill on the ground and ran to her mother.
I followed her through the trees to where her mother was calling, looking anxious.
The little one called Renesmee ran up to her mother.
“I told you not to go too far!” She scolded, though she didn’t seem to be angry at the child, only worried about her safety. She wrapped her in a tight hug.

Watching them now, I could see that they weren’t the threat. We were. I felt so guilty that it made my chest hurt. I had sent a werewolf to kill these people for no reason!

“Come on,” said the mother, and she started to run back the way she came when I stepped on the branch and it gave out a load creak as it bended over, taking in my weight.

Her eyes snapped up to look at me. For a second we were both frozen.
Then I started to fly through the air, retreating. The mother hissed at me.
“Renesmee, run! Go back to the house! Now!” She said, and the tiny one ran away.

Without her daughter to be worried about she leaped to up the tree I was on, and began to catch up with me.
I was terrified.

What would she do to me? If I hadn’t been watching these people hunting, I would assume that she would kill me, but maybe these people were too kind to kill me straight away, without interrogating me.

“You!” She shouted at me, and her hand caught on my robe.
I braced myself; surely this would be the end. After a while, when there was no burning pain, I opened my eyes, and saw her still holding me by my robe, with narrowed eyes.

“Please,” I whispered. I didn’t want her to drag my death out. Make it quick.
And remarkable, she let me go.

Why would she do that?
Shocked and confused, I flitted over the branches.

These people were so kind, so full of mercy, it was hard to believe that we were the same race.
For all she knew, I could have been sent to kill them. Yet she let me go.

When I was well clear of the house, I sat down and thought.

Maybe I can go back to Volterra and pretend nothing happened, but wouldn’t that make me a coward? Too afraid to do the right thing.
But, I told myself; there is nothing that you can do. You have to serve your masters. For a moment I whished that I could go back to the way I was, oblivious and uncaring. Just a mindless pawn in my masters’ game of chess. But now that I knew the truth, there was no way I can forget.

I think of the little girl and the woman. I pictured them screaming, writhing in agony as they were burned into coal. Pain shot through me. In that moment, I felt more loyal to these strangers than I ever had to my masters.

I knew what life I want. I want to have a family like them. I want to have a household based on love and faith rather than hate and violence. I realize now that I wouldn’t mind dying, because I had nothing to live for. But those people have lives. They have mates, they have children, and I think the blond male might even have a job. It was too much to waste.

I felt helpless!

I got up, and started the thousand-kilometer journey back to Volterra.
There was nothing I could do. I would have to kill the Cullens.

I had to.

I thought this was supposed to be a happy chapter :( boo. Lol. I hope the girl does not kill them, she does not seem to be part of Volturi or bad

I know. I really wanted a happy chapter, but  this chapter will seem much more happy in the end :)

This is so exciting.

Now Christine is in such internal conflict - will she go all the way back or not?

Will she realise that she doesn't have to kill the Cullens. What if anything could she do to Aro?

Looking forward to the next chapter

Best wishes

Chris

Thanks for the comment! I a so sorry this took so long. I was on holiday an for two days we stayed at a hotel but we were out all day, then we traveled back the next day, so i haven't really had any opportunity to write. I am working on chapter 22 now though!

Marisa

Marisa,

Don't worry about your timescales. This is supposed to be fun not homework. It has to fit around your real life not the other way round.

I hope that you enjoyed your holiday.

Best wishes

Chris

I am so, so sorry about the long wait. I had about a week of traveling and then I did this music course... so today is the first chance I have had to write.

This chapter is a bit of a filler, but I am making setting things up for later, so this is a bit of a build-up chapter.

I hope you like it,

Marisa

____________________________________________________________________________________________

22. Request

I watched her seemingly blank face.

Whenever she went into deep thought, her eyes went glassy, and she acted as if she was somewhere else.

I assumed it was something to do with what happened on the hunt, whatever that was. None of them would tell me what had happened, but they seemed to be pretty interested in it. I would sometimes find Mum in a deep discussion with Carlisle, but whenever I tried to hear what they were saying, they stopped immediately and began talking about something else.

The one time I had asked her what it was about, she said simply that I didn’t need to worry about it.

After all, she was probably right.

I had quite enough to worry about, without a mystery something – or someone – who was apparently so dangerous that I had to run away. I had to worry about what was going to happen at the fight, where I was going to be, and Jacob. That was quite enough.

It had been a day since the hunting trip.

When mum had come back, I was immediately scared. Her expression was probably similar to someone who had just woken up to a loud alarm clock. Her eyes were wide, and her mouth was parted in a small ‘o’.

For a while she hadn’t been able to speak. After a while, a very painful expression came on her face. Her eyes scrunched up slightly, and she clenched her teeth. Dad gasped, as if he had just remembered something.

None of it made sense.

Over the last few days, she was still worrying about whatever had happened. Most of the time, she was standing around in deep thought, and whenever someone talked to her she jumped as if she’d just been tazered.

Now they were practicing fighting techniques.

I didn’t like to watch. Whenever it was Jacob’s turn and he was out-minded – or out-strengthed in Emmett’s case – I felt so worried for him that a pain grew in the bottom of my chest. Of course, I felt worried for most people, though I knew that no harm would come to them, but with Jacob I simply couldn’t bare it.

I suddenly realized something.

In the real fight, nobody would be trying to be gentle, actually the opposite was true. They would be using as much force as possible. Aiming for the kill.

I don’t know why this was a surprise to me; I had always known what the fight would be like. But maybe I had thought that Jacob wasn’t going to join in.

That was of course, very stupid of me.

I don’t think that there is a werewolf alive who would ever resist the chance to kill a vampire, and especially not a big, furry, russet were-wolf. Apart from the fact that he would hugely enjoy the opportunity, I was his duty as the Alpha of the pack to give orders and lead the way into the battlefield. I knew that he would have to take charge of all ten wolves, and that was not an easy job.

While most of them would simply be powered by their instinct, others would be fighting to protect the ones they loved, and that meant that they would make things much, much more violent than the others. They would have to have someone to make sure they didn’t go mad and completely uncoordinated. Jacob would have the responsibility of the pack on his shoulders, and that was enough to make you collapse. The last thing that he would think about was me, and that shouldn’t make me feel upset.

I don’t know why it did. I suppose part of me hoped he might stay with me, and not fight. Then he would be safe, and we would be together.

“Aoourgh!” A familiar howl broke out.

I immediately felt full of panic. Thoughts of newborns, fights, screaming and Jacob dying filled me head suddenly like wildfire engulfing an ancient forest. My head snapped up and I saw Jacob on the floor, tears running down his cheeks.

“Jake?!” I yelled. Then Emmett echoed the sound, and I suddenly understood.

It was his barky impersonation of a laugh. Both him and Emmett were laughing so hard they were crying because of some insignificant joke. He was safe.

Why was I so protective of him? I said somehow made him simply sharing a small joke and laughing with Emmett into a situation where I was so wrought with fear for his safety that I felt like I wanted to scream. Pathetic. There was no reason for me to feel so worried for him; he could take care of himself.

Maybe the imprint worked more on both sides than I thought. Was Jacob this protective of me?

No, he was much more defensive. I remember the time on my second birthday when I had got a small paper cut and he went absolutely berserk. Come to think of it, everyone went a bit over-protective that day…

No. I wasn’t as worried as Jacob. Definitely not.

“Maybe we could send her and Charlie to Renée?” said Mum, sounding worried.

They were discussing where I would go during the fight, and kept on coming up blank.

“No, replied Dad, “They would think that we were avoiding him being there. Plus, do you really think that your mother would like to see her former husband with bright red eyes and pale skin? And would you trust him with our daughter?”

Mum flinched at his suggestion.

“What about sending her to England with someone?” She asked, sounding slightly desperate.

“Who though?”

A burning desire charged through me and before I could stop myself I blurted out, “I want to stay with Jacob.” Dad’s eyes widened.

Surprisingly, Mum was the only one who stayed calm.

“Ok,” she said, “Maybe you and him could camp in the mountains. You’d be safe there, and-”

“No,” said Dad, and his cold face matched his tone. Mum looked shocked.

“But it’s her choi-”

“No,” he exploded, suddenly raging with some deep buried anger, “No it’s not. I will not allow our daughter to go up a mountain with some dog. Do you remember what happened the last time he was there-”

“Enough.” Said Mum firmly, “I trust Jacob to look after our daughter. And I trust Nessie to know what is best for her.”

I was shocked at this sudden outburst from both of them. The only other time I had seen them fight was in a distant memory before the Volturi had come for us for the first time, and even then it wasn’t really and argument. I remember overhearing them.

“I’ve got to go alone,” said Mum. Her voice was firm, but like she was trying to sound gentle.

“I don’t want you to go to them alone. Can’t you imagine? If they find out about Nessie or your talent, they’ll try and make you join them.” He paused, and seeing that she wasn’t budging he continued, “They might take Nessie.”

Her eyes widened. But then she shook her head.

“No, that’s the reason. If you come Aro will be able to simply touch you and know about her. If I go on my own he won’t be able to tell. All they will care about is that I’m a vampire.”

“You’re not going alone,” Dad insisted, speaking through his teeth, his hands clenched into fists.

“They won’t hurt me,” She said, going back to being as gentle as possible. She sounded sure to me, even if she was just trying to be as convincing as possible, “They have no reason to. I’m a vampire. Case closed.” Her jaw set.

“No. Absolutely no.” His eyes narrowed.

“It’s the only way to protect her.” A panicky note took over her voice, and if her logic hadn’t been practically watertight I would have said that she was just making it up as she went along.

Sensing that the discussion was over, Dad gave up with a sigh.

“Okay,” he said, “But I want Alice to make absolutely sure that it will be safe first.”

“A compromise.” She said, and a hint of a smile played around the corners of her mouth.

“A compromise.” He agreed, grinning.

But this time it might not end so peacefully.

“So you really would trust a mutt who has taken advantage of you so many times I can’t-”

“Yes.” She said, “I trust him.”

“Fine,” He sighed, “But he might not comply. You know that he will want to fight.”

“He could be phased while he’s with her, then he will be connected to the pack, and he will be able to protect her best.” Again, her logic was completely foolproof.

So in three days I would be on top of a mountain with a huge, friendly, russet, furry werewolf.

That made me almost look forward to the fateful date.

Almost.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service