The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2202

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

wow that was some argument lol. I would have thought Bella would have been against it like Edward was but she seemed pretty calm about Nessie being with Jake

Like i said to Chris, she knows that Nessie and Jacob's relationship might be the only thing that will keep her daughter safe in the fight, and that is all she cares about.

Thanks,

Marisa

Oh, this has such echos of eclipse.

Will Jacob get the woman this time?

Why of why does Bella think that Nessie will be OK in the moutains? The volturi have trackers, hiding her won't work, unless Bella can sheild at the same time.

Best wishes

Chris

Chris,

Bella thinks that she will be safe with Jacob, and she knows that he is the only person she can truly trust with her. You are right though, the mountains are dangerous, but Bella is trying to convince herself as much as everyone else that Nessie will be safe, because she simply can't handle the alternative.

thanks for the comment,

Marisa

Hello,

I'm really sorry about not updating sooner, but I had a lot going on. I should update in a few hours.

Marisa

23. Comfort

The pack was coming over for diner.

I couldn’t honestly say that I was looking forward to it. Though I was exited to see Seth and the others, I could remember only too clearly what had happened the last time the pack had come over. The fight with Jacob was one of my most terrible memories; sometimes I wished that I had never discussed the matter with him.

But then I thought of all the moments that we have shared together. Him sitting next to me on the log next to the river, him lying down next to me on the grass watching the stars with me, and I realized that if I hadn’t told him, everything would be much, much worse.

Of course, everything might have been just a bit easier, but I would till be completely in the dark.  I wouldn’t be able to have someone that I could completely trust, because I knew that Jacob physically couldn’t do an.

I wouldn’t be able to have someone that I could completely trust, because I knew that Jacob physically couldn’t do anything to hurt me in any way. I would still have to here comments about the imprint, and not know what they meant.

Yes, things might have been simpler when he was just Jacob, my best friend. When I didn’t have to worry about whether I should be thinking what I was thinking about him, when I didn’t have to think into pretty much everything I did and wonder whether it was right. Maybe it would have been simpler if I had never talked to him?

“Why do you worry so, mi querido?” Came a soft voice from behind me. I spun around to see Carmen walking slowly towards me, a small smile on her face.

With all that had happened lately I had almost forgotten that the Denali’s were here. I have only met Carmen once, but I think I trusted her the most out of her and her sisters. 

Of course I liked them all but I didn’t really trust Kate, and now that she was with the Volturi (even though she was doing it to protect her family) that distrust merely deepened.

There was nothing that bothered me about Irina or any of them, but Carmen had a very calming air about her. Also, Dad had recently told me that they were succumbi, and that made me feel more comfortable with Carmen.

I didn’t quite know what to tell her.

Should I really tell her about Jacob? Did she already know that he had imprinted on me? I didn’t know if it would make a difference if she knew or not; there was no way that anyone would understand Jacob and mine’s relationship.

“It really isn’t right for someone your age to have such a heavy weight on your shoulders,” she said, and walked over to join me sitting on the steps.

I had nothing to say to that, so I waited silently for her to break the silence.

“You know, I understand how you feel.” She said. I was confused.

There was no way she could possibly know how I was feeling.

“I was born in a small village in Spain, in 1702. I was an arrogant young girl. I had a caring family, that wasn’t very rich, but we had a lovely house and I always seemed to get what I wanted.

“My mother had already got a husband for me, of course I barely knew him, but I thought that he was perfectly nice. My whole future seemed perfect. But then, when I was only nineteen the war came.

“I was young, I didn’t understand what was happening. I didn’t understand that men would be putting down their lives to protect our country, and I most certainly didn’t understand that soon my father would be forced to fight in the war.

“ I remember one night when I heard my mother yelling at father, telling him that he couldn’t jus go and abandon his family. He told her that it was his duty to go, and if she couldn’t accept that maybe she should be the one that was going away.

“I didn’t know what was happening, but I was scared. I was so selfish. I was worried that whatever was happening would affect my proposal to Benedict, I didn’t even wonder if it might affect the people I loved. So arrogant.

“Only a few months later, my father left and joined the army. I was shocked, and for some reason I felt jealous. I had always been told not to do anything dangerous, and here my father was, going out to fight in the war.

“On his night of departure, I put myself in his luggage. I wanted to see the world for myself, and I knew that this might be the only chance I would get.

“When I got to the battle I didn’t feel like that. I stayed in my father’s tent the whole time, wishing I could go back home and tell my mother and father how very sorry I was.

“One night there was a storm. I could here the sound of bullets being ejected from guns outside, and I knew that my tent was about to blow over, putting me in range of many bullets. But suddenly I saw the silhouettes of hands on the side of the tent.

“I was about to scream, when I saw that the hands were holding down the tent. I didn’t know what was happening; Why would a stranger be helping me? How did they know that I was in there? And also, how could he possibly be strong enough to hold the tent to the ground?

“Then someone climbed inside the tent. I couldn’t see who it was, but I was terrified. I pulled myself further into a pile of my father’s clothes, praying that they wouldn’t notice me.

“But then he called out ‘Are you ok?’ His voice was like a gentle breeze. I don’t know why, but I immediately trusted this stranger. Then I did something very stupid, I whispered ‘yes’.

“He came and sat by me then, and he asked me why I was there. I could have said many things, I could have told him about my need to break free of my small, sheltered life. I could have told him that it was none of his business.

“I could have told him a lie, and said that I was inspecting the tent, or something similar.

“But instead I just told the truth, and said that I didn’t know. He asked me about my family, and all the while I answered him truthfully, even though I didn’t really know why I did. For hours he questioned me about my life.

“After a while, I asked him about his life. When I asked him if he had family, he merely smiled and said ‘you could say that, but we are much more tight than your average family’, and smiled. When I asked him why he was here, he said that he was on a mission for his family.

“I should have known then not to get involved with him. But I simply couldn’t resist him. He seemed to genuinely like me, and at that time I didn’t care whether I liked him too.

“Every night he came back to my tent, and every night I fell more and more in love with him.

“So you see, I know how it feels to fall in love even if it completely seems wrong. Even in the midst of war.

I was so absorbed in her story that I barely noticed when she stopped.

I couldn’t believe no one had ever told me that my aunt had fallen in love with a vampire!

“What happened then?” I breathed.

“It went on like that for weeks, but one night he didn’t come. I was determined to find him, so when I was certain that my father and the people who slept beside him were asleep, I snuck out.

“Merely seconds after I stepped out, I heard a footstep behind me. Then, before I had time to react, the person shot me. I screamed.

“The pain was terrible. The bullet had pierced through my leg, and I fell to the ground.

“I could barely see over the pain, but I glimpsed a white flash coming towards me.

“Then something pierced my neck.

“It was horrible, the burn of the unstoppable flames-” But then she paused midsentence, and I guessed she was editing part of her story out, so as not to frighten me.

“Anyway, when I awoke, he wasn’t anywhere to be found. After a few years, I was brought to the attention of the Volturi.  I was attacked by the guard and taken back to Volterra.

“They planned to execute me, but when they asked me how I was changed and I told them about him, they seemed to change their minds for some reason. I guessed that they probably knew him from somewhere at the time, but know I realize that he was probably a member of the guard.

“I spent years there, until I met Eleazer. We’ve been together ever since.” She concluded her story.

I sat in silence for a while.

“You don’t need to worry, un turbulento,” she said, getting up and walking back to the house.

“I know you will do the right thing.”

If only I could be so sure.

Please leave a comment!

aww how sweet :) Carmen opened up to Nessie. I found this intresting seeing as we didn't know her back story in the books I think, lol

Thanks,

I tried to think of a convincing back story for her, because like you said, in the book they don't give much information on her.

Marisa

welcome :) And yeah it would be interesting to hear all their back stories lol

Yeah, or atleast in the twilight saga guide

Carmen seem really nice but can she be trusted?

Best wishes

Chris

Chris,

You're right. Carmen seemed to be able to comfort Nessie, but her back story may have revealed more than she wanted in to, and  more than Nessie knew.

Thanks,

Marisa

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service