The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2195

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

30. Mountain

I felt warm fur beneath my fingers.

Cold air was rushing around me, though my legs weren’t moving. I could hear heavy, soothing breathing beneath me, and I focused on this sound.

For a minute or so – I wasn’t quite sure how long as the breathing was my only way of knowing the time – I just lay there, on whatever I was on.

I opened my eyes.

I saw russet brown fur beneath my fingers.

“Jacob,” I muttered.

Slowly, carefully, I lifted my head.

Around me, were snow-splattered trees, and soft wet ground coated in a thin layer of snow.

I clutched tighter to the warmth below me, the sight of the cold snow had made me realize that I felt cold.

I attempted to move my leg, but I felt a blinding pain that made me gasp desperately for breath, and I small panicked whimper came from beneath me. I decided I would try and stay still for a while.

Why was my leg hurting that badly?

I tried to remember why I was here.

I had been running, I couldn’t quite remember why though. All I could remember was feeling horrible panic. I needed to get somewhere, and fast.

Suddenly, images flooded into my head like blood spilling onto a white carpet, seeping into my mind and contorting my emotions like a sick puppet show, controlled by what I had seen.

A girl was standing in front of me, her long hair blowing in the breeze, her red eyes boring in to me. I was running, the same thought repeatedly boring into me: The Volturi are here, the Volturi are here, the Volturi are here, the Volturi are here.

I was running, faster than I had ever run before. Faster. Faster. My heart pounded in my ears, every beat drilling into my head. They were here.

The mountain landscape continued to rush past us.

So Jacob had taken me here, up the mountain, away from the fight.

I strained my ears, trying to hear some sound of fighting, and the silence that greeted me was even more terrifying that the alternative. How long had I been passed out for? Had the fight already ended? If so, why weren't we going back to the battlefield so that we could greet the survivors?

What if there are no survivors, Hissed a sly voice in my head, What if we lost? Maybe Jacob saved you just in time, maybe he is trying to save you and run away with you.  Though the idea of running away with Jacob didn't seem so awful, the idea of us losing was awful, even though I had always known there was no chance we would win.

I was overreacting; there was probably a simple explanation.

I timed my breaths with Jacob, trying to calm myself.

I cautiously reached out my hand to touch Jacob face, incase it too would hurt. When it didn’t, I touched his forehead thinking, Are they here yet?

He gave a small shake of his head, and I almost felt relieved. Almost.

How could I be relieved, when all the people I loved were still probably going to die? How could anyone?

Was it really that selfish for me to want just a few more days to have a normal life, with my family, with my friends? I wasn’t expecting an answer.

I knew that we probably had hours before we would get to the top of the mountain, and before I knew I was falling asleep.

It wasn’t a dream it was a memory.

I was by the fire in our cottage. I was tired, so I walked over to the bookshelf and tried to find something that would help me sleep.

I found an old, battered yet still bright blue book, with clouds on the front. I opened it on a random page, and started to read.

“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1,” read the page “There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for him than he got.”

I opened my eyes to a blinding white light, and immediately closed them again.

I thought about the dream I had just had. Now, I remember reading this book years ago, skimming over these words as if they were meaningless, but now they had meaning.

I had wanted too much for me, and for Jacob. I had had infinity, and a beautiful one too. Days filled with laughter, smiles.

Days where I would jump on Jacob back, and we would run through the forest, bounding over streams without a care in the world. I was a little girl who had everything in the world.

Of course, there were days of tears, days when I wanted to bury my face in a pillow and drift off to sleep, but my wolf had always been there to warm me, to cheer me, to enhance the dark with his beautiful, beautiful, glow.

And those days merely brightened the days that already shimmered like diamonds in the sun.

My infinity was perfect.

Was it such a surprise that it had to come to such a brutal end?

I couldn’t have everything. I used to envy people with normal lives, and yet really I had had a normal one, in a way.

Most people’s lives are full of ups and downs, but there are so meant that everything seems like it is the same. My life had had all the amazing moments in just three short years, and now I was getting the bad moments I had deserved.

Except fate was kinder than that. I had also had wonderful moments, and that showed how lucky I was more than anything.

This was comforting; though it was odd think that fate favored me in any way. I was so used to thinking that I was unfortunate.

My eyelids were starting to become incredibly hard to keep open. And after realizing this I drifted back into a dreamless sleep.

The jolting movement of Jacobs running slowed down suddenly, and I opened my eyes.

We were in a small clearing that was covered in snow.

Around the circular space were pine trees, big ones. In one corner of the clearing was a tent.

It looked like it had been there for ages, and was ripped and torn in some places. It was slightly lopsided, probably after being battered by the harsh wind that was howling at this moment. I don’t know why but this object made me feel sad.

Jacob trotted over to it, and then knelt down, gently sliding me onto the partly soft ground. Even though he was being extremely careful, it still made me wince with pain.

He gave, a small whine, so I gave him a smile, to show him I was ok. I couldn’t bear to see him in pain.

Slowly, carefully, I pulled myself up and managed to arrange myself into a makeshift sitting position. Jacob sat down next to me, resting his head on his paws, and I leant against him, feeling heat surge through me.

But after a few minutes, I was starting to shiver. Jacob turned his shaggy head to face me, deep concern in his eyes. I tried to give him a reassuring nod of my head, but my teeth shook.

Without another word, he got up and slid his nose under my legs, and after quite a while of trying to be gentle and not hurt me, he finally managed to have me draped across his back. He walked towards the tent.

The front of it was unzipped, so he carefully ducked his head and slid me onto an old sleeping bag. It was plain that he wouldn’t fit, even if he hunched up as small as he possibly could be.

So he sat outside the tent, guarding me, even though he knew that no one was here yet. He was my guard dog.

After ten minutes or so, he rested his head in his paws. He must be so tired.

When was the last time he had slept? It must have been at least two days ago. He should rest now, we would be perfectly safe.

And, right on queue, his eyelids began to droop.

Then a howl pierced the morning, and they flew open again.

He stood up again, on all fours, and threw his head back and gave another long, mournful bay in return, and that was echoed far away at least ten times.

There was silence.

I crawled out of the tent, not caring how much my leg hurt; I needed to be near Jacob. He gave a soft growl as if to tell me to stay put, but I ignored him. I went and sat next to him.

There was silence, and I relaxed just a little bit. Then I heard it.

There was a rush of wind. It could only mean one thing.

I waited for screams to pierce the morning. I had known that this would come all along.

Now would be the time that they came.

Jacob nudged me back in the tent, and this time I obeyed.

He stood on his feet, standing defensively, though the sound hadn’t come from nearby, had it? I shook my head. I didn’t know how I could focus on things like this now.

The wind continued to rush, and I could barely believe it, but I felt afraid, even after all this time to prepare myself.

They were here. This was it.

They game had begun.

wow, Poor Nessie, she got really hurt :( I hope Jake can keep her safe there and no one will find them from the Volturi side

Thanks,

Renesmee was injured, and I will definitely get round to what happened later, but now the fight has begun! This next chapter will be from Bella's POV.

Marisa

31. Cloaks

BELLA’S POV

There was a red haze on the horizon.

Now, all of the tension between Edward and me was completely gone. I couldn’t bear to leave it like this between us, and I doubt that he could either.

It seemed slightly ironic that the only time apart from once there had ever been proper tension between us was the time that our tale would end.

Had there really been tension between us when he left? I don’t think there had been.

Mist hit the morning like blades, sending chills down my spine, and I thought of my daughter.

She was there, up a mountain, and I was down here. I wanted to be with her. But I couldn’t look in her direction, that would give her away. No, I looked forward.

The ocean of black and red moved forward.

It moved in time, swaying in the breeze, coming closer and closer. I had seen this before, the way they moved in symmetry, but it still amazed me. They were like one solid object, connected, and bound.

“I love you,” I said, knowing that this would be my only chance to say the words that had been weighing on me all day.

“Always,” He whispered back, his voice like song.

JASPER’S POV

They moved swifter now, they were more than just a shadow on the horizon. They were real.

My head was aching with everything around me. Despair, grief, agony, and excitement, resent and, coming from the woman beside me, love.

I looked into Alice’s eyes, and I knew that this was our way of saying goodbye.

There was no point in pretending that this wasn’t the end.

If it had come to this, the final page, we may as well write ‘The End’. For even if it weren’t, we would still know that if it had been, we wouldn’t have left the other without the goodbye they deserved.

I thought of the first time I had seen her.

The rain was pelting down like hail, so, not to look odd, I stepped into an old building.

There was a partially lit up sign on the front that read Mnami's Taer. Some of the letters had obviously fallen off.

As soon I stepped in, an amazing feeling hit me. This place was full to the brim of excitement, and I could smell vampire scent.

I was about to run, when I saw a small, pixie-like girl sitting on a barstool. She turned to me, her face blindingly beautiful.

Alice looked at me, and I knew that we were both thinking the same thing.
I could taste how she felt; her love was so strong.

She gave me a smile.

EMMETT’S POV

I looked at Rosalie, who was standing next to me, her brow furrowed.

Though at this moment I had so much to be worrying about, all I couldn’t think was how much I wanted to put my thumb on her forehead, and straightened out the lines.

I had to say goodbye.

She looked at me, and the message was clear in her narrowed eyes. Don’t you dare. I smiled, of course, she would never want to finalize her death, or mine. She would prefer to leave our story open ended. And what a story it was.

The creature pawed at me, it’s claws like knives.

I tried to lift my hand, and shove off the beast, but even with my strength I couldn’t even move it slightly.

I could here no one around me, and I knew that without help I would surely die. I thought of my father, waiting for me at home. It would be hours until he thought something was wrong.

I thought of my little sister, Lily. How would she be without me? No child deserved to have her brother taken away from her.

The bear pawed faster now.

Behind me, there was a loud noise, like an angry cat, and suddenly the bear was running away. It stepped on my leg, and searing pain shot through me, as I heard a bone snap. I had no way of moving away from here, and the wet, cold; forest floor was not the best place to be.

I could see a bright light around me, and knew that I was going to die.

Why else would I be seeing an angel?

I wrapped her in my arms.

CARLISLE’S POV

I closed my eyes.

All my of my family were going to fight now.

I thought of my granddaughter up in the mountains with Jacob, and I realized that this was just like the fight against the newborns. But this time would we come out victorious once again? A man could only hope.

Esme was beside me, and she looked forward too. I reached forward and squeezed her hand.

BELLA’S POV

They suddenly came to an abrupt holt.

There was silence; even the wolves stopped howling on either side of my family.

Out of the red and black cloaks, came beasts.

Black wolves were approaching us. They were muscled, with veins showing everywhere. Their faces were slightly contorted, and they moved half upright. Their eyes were like steel, piercing through through me.

I dropped Edward’s hand.

All of a sudden, the wolves charged. Moving like a huge bullet, they came, snarling. One headed straight for me.

Edward ran towards it, grabbing it around its chest, and shoving it to the ground. I saw another one, heading for Carlisle and was about to run over. Then I heard it.

The sound that made me fall to me knees, piercing the morning air.

A child’s scream.

Wow best chapter!

Tension and sorrow!

I love some of the expression you used.  "They were like one solid object, connected, and bound." is particularly good.

I like Emmett's back story - it gives him more depth, the details of his little sister.

And of course a cliffy, "A child's scream."

Fantastic - you've worked really hard on this one. Keep it up.

Best wishes

Chris

Thanks you! I like the way that this chapter worked out too, I am sorry it took so long. Have you updated cold gray light yet? I am really enjoying it, especially as some of the questions are being answered.

Thanks!

Marisa

wow this is ineresting, what a cliffie. Post more soon please, I want to know what happens now

Thank you!

Marisa

32. An Old Voice

Jacob had stopped howling,

There was silence down below us. I strained my ears and eventually I heard paws. Huge paws. Paws with brute strength, the paws of werewolves.

A knot of panic was in my stomach. There were werewolves. Here. I looked at Jacob for some sign that I was wrong, but I found none. His forehead was crumpled, and his eyes were hard.

The trees behind the back of the tent whispered, sounding like footsteps, and I was grateful that Jacob was with me. If those really were footsteps (though I knew that they couldn’t be) he would protect me.

Jacob growled in a downwards direction. What had happened? Was someone injured? I didn’t know. I think that it might kill me, not knowing what was going on.

The pounding footsteps continued. They were beating like drills in my head, controlling me, owning me, every pace towards the people I loved chipping away at my sanity.

Suddenly the footsteps stopped. I was relieved. Then the noise hit the air.

Pounding and beating and screaming and snarls and everything I hated. Hideous growling and howls.

Jacob was on his feet, and his eyes looked slightly crazed, his eyes darting back and forth, obviously watching the fight through the eyes of someone else. His mouth was opening and closing from him screaming orders in his head.

He must be in agony.

JACOB’S POV

Sam hurtled towards a big, black monster at a blinding speed, but the monster just moved to the side.

Sam, I said, is everyone else ok?

Paul hurt his leg defending the brown haired female, Esme. Liam seems to be ok, but he’s angry. Very angry.

Thanks, I said.

I returned to my pack now.

Robbie, Ace, Jayden, there is  huge bloodsucker heading for Esme. Help Paul.

I saw all of them join Paul fighting for Esme. They tackled the leech to the ground and finished her off.

I looked behind me to Nessie. She was curled up in the tent. She looked onwards, towards the edge of the cliff. She looked worried.

My stomach ached, but I knew that I had to pay attention to the fight. I had to control my back.

Jake, said Seth, Is Nessie OK?

Yeah. Thanks Seth. How is everything?

There was a blood sucker heading for me, I managed to tackle him off. This is weird. I don’t think that the Cullens can see what’s going on right now, most of them are still watching the Volturi walking forwards.

What?

Yeah, I know.  Most of them don’t even see the wolves; they just keep on staring at the Volturi standing in a line.

The pain in my stomach grew bigger. If they couldn’t see the Volturi or the werewolves, what would they do if one attacked?

What about Bella? This had to be a trick by one of the royal vampires, so why wasn’t she seeing them?

Jake, they see them now. Wow, That’s a relief.

Hey, Jacob, said Robbie, That was a close one, I thought I saw someone-

But I didn’t have time to find out who that ‘someone’ was.

Seth, back off! I said. He was trying a tackle a wolf single-handed, and it was clear who was the strongest.

Don’t  worry Jacob, I got it. Said a voice I hadn’t heard in a week.

A voice that made my blood boil even hotter than usual.

What are you doing here?!

Did you really think I would let my little brother go undefended?

wow the drama. I love it, post more soon, I want to know how the fight goes, who wins and if everyone is okay

She's back!!!!

Great chapter.

Thank You!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service