The Twilight Saga

They are coming back. Pain is ahead, but also is something that Renesmee never thought of. Love.

Sunset Forest

Even though I had known this was coming, that in no way made it better.

They say that it isn't about the destination; it is about the journey, I think that now I know the true meaning of that phrase. You know that the inevitable is coming for you, the journey merely postpones that. But when the destination of your journey is so terrible, sometimes the journey - as horrible as it is - can prepare you in some ways. Sometimes.

However, nothing could have ever have prepared me for this. When the inevitable is coming for you, there is no one that you can trust. I have learnt this, and so many over things from this journey. I have found strength, life, and the true meaning of the word 'love'. Maybe there was some force that made sure not everything was agony, that made sure that you had some happiness. This final destination was horrible, but I wouldn't trade what I have found and disscovered from it for anything.

They had come for us. They had come for me.

As if our thoughts were shared - which they practically were, we both shrank into each other, not only for warmth, but for comfort, just curled up against each other, listening to each others breathing and watching our own breaths make beautiful swirling clouds in the freezing morning air.

We were waiting.

No matter what the outcome of this would be, my whole life would change.

If we had the advantage, we would have a great duty, a duty that we could not shake off. We would be murderers.

If we lost, I would die. We would all die. The world would revolve around as if we were never here, but my world would stop, along with at the worlds of twenty-two people, at the minimum.

After many, many minutes of silence, we heard the sound we had known was coming.

The gentle breeze, that we knew could only mean one thing.

To someone else, someone who had a normal life, this might have meant a gust of wind, but to me it meant so much more. It meant that the danger was here, it meant that screams would soon pierce the morning, it meant that everyone I cared about was about to put their lives on the line. It meant this could be my final breath, it meant that my entire world could crumble down around me completely. It would crumble down.

But above all it meant one thing.

They were here.

Thanks for taking time to read this short preview. I really appreciate it!

I would really like to no wether you like it or not, so please reply in the comments and tell me if you want me to continue!

Thanks,

Marisa

Tags: Bella, Edward, Jacob, Leah, RPOV, Renesmee, Sequel, Twilight, Volturi

Views: 2202

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

33. Cold Claws

Leah, Leah, Leah, chanted the voices in my head.

What are you doing here? I asked

Look, Jake, I’m really sorry. I was angry. I didn’t know this would happen, or I wouldn’t have ever done what I did.

There’s no excuse, I said, You put everyone in danger. You betrayed your pack! Do you think there is anything that could justify this! I thought you moved on from your old, jealous and bitter self. Were you not content with a pack that trusted you? Did you still feel bitter about Sam?

If I was paying attention, I wouldn’t have said those things. I was digging myself deeper into a hole, but I was past caring.

Look Jacob, I can explain! You don’t know what I’ve been through-

What YOU’VE been through! My head was pounding, my heart racing

Jacob, calm down. I didn’t mean it to happen-

Oh! This is a real break through. So you ‘accidently’ told the Volturi that they had contact with a human, and you ‘accidently’ forgot to say that he had no idea what they where. You practically signed Nessies death sentence, and now it’s an ‘accident’?!

Jake, said Seth quietly, his voice almost a whisper, You’re not thinking straight. I know you’re concerned about Nessie, but just hear her out.

Concerned! I snarled. I wasn’t concerned. Every bone in my body ached with fear for her life, every time she spoke happily I treasured, because I had no idea if she would say something else to me that way. I don’t really think that is concerned.

Jacob, I know how you feel, she said.

You couldn’t possibly know how I feel. I replied.

That’s what I’ve been saying. I do. More than you can possibly know. I imprinted.

There was silence.

When I say that, you might imagine there being absolutely no sound, but what I meant was that though the clawing and the ripping and the snarling went on, but the silence in my head was so loud that it drowned all of the noise out.

What? Said Seth.

Anger gripped me, it’s red hot talons seizing me immediately.

So that’s it?! I said, That’s your excuse for all of this? You did it because you imprinted? I thought you wanted to!

Not on a bloodsucker, she whispered, it was that half breed from the amazon. Nahuel. I couldn’t bear it! Then I started to think that it was their fault. He never would have come here if it wasn’t for the bloodsuckers.

I didn’t think it would have this affect on you! She continued, I just wanted to do something to get back at them for doing this to me! You’ve got to realize that I wasn’t thinking straight! If I had realized what would happen I never would have done it, not even back then.

I’m sorry, Jake, her voice was low, I let my pack down. Can’t you see now why I didn’t want to come back? I knew that you would be like this. You have never understood me, and I never will either. I’m sorry.

I thought about what she said.

How could this have happened? I didn’t know. Could I really blame her?

Leah, said Seth, it’s ok. Jacob will understand, he’s just a bit hot headed now, he’s not thinking straight. Give him some-

I don’t need you to talk for me Seth. I snapped. But I knew he was right.

However, I looked back to Nessie, and thought what she had been through, and I wasn’t so sure.

NESSIE’S POV                       

I was huddled in the tent, my heart racing.

What was wrong? Was someone hurt? Who?

I shook my head.

I worried too much, as mum had always said. A normal three – or ten year old – would never worry as much as I do. Then again, no normal child would have this much weight on her shoulders

I wonder how mentally old I am. Twenty? Thirty? Forty?

I didn’t think it is that simple. I don’t act like an adult, though sometimes I feel like one. Besides, a grown up wouldn’t make so many mistakes. Time and time again, everything I say, everything I do only backfires.

I try to find out what’s wrong with Jacob so that I can help him, and I end up making an even bigger mess. I keep how I feel about Jacob secret from my parents, and that makes them turn on each other.

I wonder if there will be a time where I will be able to be myself without making a mess. I think Jacob is the person I can do that with, the person who absolutely accepting of me. So why does he have to be the one that I affect the most?

The mountain airs made me feel both freezing and boiling. I ran my pale fingers through my bronze curls, and sighed.

Jacob seemed to relax, his shoulders slumped and his eyes closed for a second. Then he opened them, and carefully and slowly sat down. He turned his face to me, and though no human expression was on his face, it was clear that he was worried.

I gave him a small nod, and, reluctantly, he turned away.

I wondered if it was easier for him, being a wolf.

Maybe all the emotions were simpler, the animalistic side of you uncomplicating everything. Then I remembered that it was the wolf side of Jacob that had made him imprint on me.

No, everything was much more complicated.

I heard rustling behind me in the trees, and darted around only to see nothing.

JACOB’S POV

Jake, said Seth, one almost got Bella! That was close. Edward only got there just in time.

I heard a rustling movement behind me. Never mind. It was probably just the wind blowing the leaves of the trees.

NESSIE’S POV

Jacob straightened.

Something wasn’t right here, and it looked like he knew it too.

Suddenly, Jacob did a backflip in mid air, running towards me at a blinding speed.

Cold, hard, claws dug right into my shoulders, and all I could hear was my own piercing scream and the thud of someone falling to the ground.

“Jacob,” I whispered.

Then I was consumed in a pool of darkness.

oh wow drama! I love it, things are really are out of cotrol now.soo much drama, lol

Thanks!

34. Gone

Lost in the darkness,

Silence surrounds you.

Once there was morning,

Now endless night.

Deep in your silence,

Please try to hear me;

I'll keep you near me

Till night passes by.

I will find the answer.

I'll never desert you -

I promise you this -

Till the day that I die…

Lost in the Darkness – Jekyll and Hyde

JACOB’S POV

I couldn’t breath.

I couldn’t move.

I couldn’t think.

She was gone. Gone, gone, gone.

The words chanted sickeningly in my head.

Gone.

There was a stabbing pain in my heart.

My head was empty, but my body took over. My legs were running without my consent. Every muscle, every bone, everything in me ached, yet I carried on. Running.

Of course, it didn’t matter. Nothing did. She was gone.

I couldn’t see. I didn’t know where I was. For all I knew, I could be tumbling of the cliff to my death. It wouldn’t matter though. She was gone.

Death would be better. In fact, I was begging for death.

I couldn’t think, I couldn’t. I couldn’t.

Words had no meaning. Neither did light. Everything inside me disconnected, and I floated up. My head was a balloon, oversized compared to my body. What was my head, without words to fill it?

She was gone.

This wasn’t pain; this was much, much worse. This was numbness. Numbness physically, and agony mentally.

All at once, everything connected again, and my legs faltered. I fell to the ground. Where was this ground? It rustled beneath me. Was I in a bed of leaves? I didn’t know.

I felt physical pain now, but it allowed me to think straight. I stood up, and attempted to see. I couldn’t. I needed to find her. That was the only properly formed thought in my head.

I had always felt connected to her, but recently she had become a part of me, and now she was gone. The wound stung like a thousand knives. She would be scared. Terrified. And I was doing nothing to help her.

I felt sick. Sick that I could have let this happen, and sick that the reason I hadn’t was because something so trivial: talking to someone I hadn’t seen in less than a week.

I pictured her brown eyes widen in pain. I saw her head shake with fear.

I shook my head. I had to think about finding her, if I thought about anything else I would lose her for sure.

I pushed my legs harder now. Faster, faster, faster.

I thought of the way that she had whispered my name. “Jacob”. Her voice had faltered, and her eyelids fluttered.

The pain was too much. I fell to the ground, howling. The burning fire inside consumed everything.

It was dark. Everything was pitch black, everything was gone. She was gone.

Gone, gone, gone, gone, gone, gone.

Jacob, said a voice I didn’t recognize, not any more, Jacob, calm down. What happened? Jacob? Jacob!

I couldn’t reply anymore.

My life, my reason for existence was gone. Of course, she wasn’t dead, I knew she wasn’t, but that didn’t make it any better. It made me realize that I couldn’t find her, and she was in pain.

She was gone.

That was my last thought before I fell into unconsciousness.

Oh my gosh! I am so confused, is Nessie dead or just hurt and can;t remember Jake? This is so confusing, I feel so bad for Jake and Nessie, please post soon

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. I think I may have overlooked a few of the details as I was so wrapped up in how panicked and confused Jacob was. Nessie was taken by someone, and Jake doesn't know where she is or what is happening to her, and because he has imprinted all his feelings are greatly intensified.

He is feeling pain mostly because she is in pain, and unconscious.

I will try to update soon!

Marisa

Poor Jake.So sad.

I am very, very sorry about the long wait.

Marisa

35. Missed

LEAH’S POV

Sometimes I think that there are two worlds.

In world there is me, the old me, me with simple emotions. I have a mother and a brother and a father, and I love all of them. There is nothing else. I have a simple life on the La Push reservation, I go to school there, and I have friends there.

In the other world, there is pain. Imprinting, wolfs, vampires, emotions, running, blood, pain, hurt, all of them jumbled together into the current me, the broken me.

Now I’m just Leah, the only ever female werewolf. The bitter girl who ruins everything, the girl who betrays her friends and her one shot of happiness.

The girl who killed her father.

I wonder if it could have worked out.

If I had got to know Nahuel, been calm, maybe this could have all gone right. I would be in love, even if that meant in love with a bloodsucker.

I thought of his face.

His beautiful features glowing, setting me on fire. He wasn’t bad; he wasn’t a bloodsucker or a leech. He was kind, caring, I knew he was.

Now he was god knows where, and I was stuck here.

The thought shot frustration through me, and my claws dug deep holes into the ground as I ran towards a ‘royal’ vampire.

Jake! Calm Down! Can you hear me? Jake?! Said Seth.

Jacob?

What had happened?

More frustration. I hadn’t been paying attention to anything!

What happened? I asked him.

I don’t know… Seth seemed lost for words; he replayed the noise of a child screaming in his mind.

There was a howl from the forest.

Oh great. Now we have to deal with a heartbroken Jacob? Perfect. Just what this whole situation needed. I had enough of that when he was still hung up over Bella.

Leah, Seth warned.

His voice was different.

He wasn’t a small child anymore, he was a man. His voice was stronger, bolder, more assertive.

He had grown up.

Sharp claws dug into me.

I yelped, completely unprepared. I scrambled against the force, which I now recognized as a werewolf, and I managed to scrape my paw across his eye.

Leah, Leah, are you ok? Said Seth, and he was once again a child depending on me.

Back up please! I said in attempt to make a joke out of it, but I really did need some help.

I’m on it, said Embry, and, sure enough, in a matter of seconds another grey wolf was by my side.

I felt touched.

After I had betrayed them, put all of their lives on the line jut for a small, selfish reason they would still help me.

You’re my sister, said Seth.

I was.

Slightly ironically, here, in the midst of fighting and death and violence was the safest, the most at home I had ever felt.

I would never betray my pack again.

Now the only real issue was the fate of the vampire, werewolf and shape-shifter races.

RENESMEE’S POV

Where was I?

I was in darkness.

I couldn’t remember anything, and there was a pounding in my head.

I furrowed deeper in my brain, searching for what had happened to lead me here to this dark, cold place.

Jacob. I remember seeing Jacob.

I focused on that image. His hair was quivering, his shaggy brows furrowed. His muzzle was drawn back, but only slightly, it only gave away a small slither of his fangs.

His tail lay almost motionless on the ground, only giving away emotion by a small quiver. His long lashes were blinking very fast, making him seem agitated.

I could remember hearing a noise behind me, like a soft, quiet, muffled rustling. Like footsteps on snow.

More images came flooding into my mind. Cold hands grabbing me, Jacob throwing back his head, and falling to the ground.

My eyes snapped open.

I had an odd, short-lived moment of déjà vu as I saw a flash of green and white and brown pass by me. I tried to move away, but my limbs felt like lead, and attempting to escape was impossible.

I felt tempted to close my eyes again and drift back into the deep darkness, because the attempt to move had completely exhausted me, but I couldn’t relax, not while I knew that Jacob was out there, and Jacob was in pain.

I could only move my leg an inch, and my head felt light, like a balloon. I felt dizzy, and my breaths were becoming more desperate.

I shook my head, and opened my eyes.

In the edge of my vision there was a small glimmer of the brightest light, but the rest was darkness. Someone had blindfolded me.

I heaved up my arms, using all of my muster, and tried to remove the thing that was obscuring my vision. Immediately, a cold object swatted my hand away, and something sharp dug into my leg.

“Don’t move,” whispered a voice that I had no way of recognizing. A voice that was silky smooth, every syllable ringing like chimes. A vampire.

“Who are you?” I asked, surprising my self by keeping my voice steady and strong, and for having the courage not to simply obey the voice.

I suppose I shouldn’t have been surprised when there was no answer.

The jolting movement continued below me.

BELLA

I was running faster than I had ever run before.

There was only one thought in my head. I had to find my daughter.

My legs carried me, though I had no idea where I was going. I was running through the forest.

I pushed my way through branches, not noticing when thorns made huge tears in my clothes or scratched my skin.

Suddenly, there was a woman in front of me.

She had dull red eyes, pale skin, and she wore a dark cloak. She was from the Volturi. She was running towards me.

I recognized her; she was the person who had been spying on Nessie and me. Well, she wouldn’t get away this time.

Without thinking, I grabbed her and pinned her to the floor with a huge amount of animalistic strength

“What have you done with my daughter?” I said.

“I-I don’t know,” She said. It was so obviously fake. She knew where she was.

I dug my nails deeper into her shoulder

“Of course you do.” I said. I felt so angry that a red haze clouded my vision. I wasn’t me anymore; I didn’t feel like my self. I was this new, angry person.

“I could kill you,” I said. I meant it. I would do anything for my daughter, and one less mindless Volturi guard wouldn’t make a difference to anything.

“I could rip you apart, limb from limb,” I said. And I relished in the idea. I wasn’t myself at all. I was just rage and fury and fire and heat and hate.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

I blinked.

My legs were carrying me towards the field; I wonder why I had been out in the forest?

CHRIS’S POV

I was running through the forest.

If there was any way to repair what I had been doing in the past years, this was it. I needed to find the small child

A flash of white was suddenly in front of me, and before I had time to react, I was on the floor.

“What have you done with my daughter?” she snarled.

It was the woman I had seen hunting. She looked almost completely different, though. She wasn’t as human as she used to be, in fact she seemed more animalistic than most of the guard.

“I-I don’t know,” I said, my voice faltering. I was not used to feeling afraid, I mean properly afraid. I knew that whatever happened I was a member of the Volturi, and the Volturi never lost any battle.

Her sharp nails dug into my shoulders, and a growl built in her throat.

“I swear, I don’t know!” I said, my voice stronger this time.

“Of course you do!” she snarled, then she paused, “I could kill you. I could rip you apart, limb from limb.”

I knew what I had to do.

“I’m sorry.” I said simply.

I focused all my power on her.

You are going to forget about your daughter. You will go back to the battle field and fight. Your daughter is safe, she is fine,  and you will forget you ever saw me.

She turned around and ran.

oooohhhhh!!! No!! Bella can't forget about Nessie, non of them can't, they just can;t!! grr I hate this new Vampire!!

I know!

At least she hasn't really forgotten about her, she just doesn't know that she is in danger! But it is quite dangerous, she could be anywhere now!

marisa

Please don't hate me I'm just misunderstood!

Chris

This is so exciting! Chris has such a good power.

And I can't get a handle on Leah, what did she do and what didn't she do and what side is she on now?

Very exciting.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service