The Twilight Saga

Preface

I looked at the now silvery pink scars that ran down my entire arm.  Had he really done this?  Had he really scarred me for life?

It made sense that I would get hurt, I hadn’t wanted to see myself fighting my best friend.  I hadn’t opened my
eyes once. 

Had I really been angry enough to attack him?  My hands shook with fury.  I
wasn’t angry with him, I couldn’t stay mad at him; I had never been able to.  I was mad at myself.  Mad at myself because I had been so
close to hurting him.  When all he
had done was try to protect me.

“Kensee, I’m so sorry.  Please, you have to forgive me.” I hadn’t heard him come up behind me, but now that I knew he was
there, I couldn’t help but be angry. 

“Look at what you did!  And all you wanted to do was help!”  I held out my arm so he could see it… still without ever looking at his face.

“Please, look at me!  You have to believe me!  I… that… that wasn’t me!”  His words forced me to
turn around and look at him in disgust.

“What do you mean it wasn’t you, you-“ I stopped, unable to think around the feeling overcoming me now.  He looked at me like a blind man seeing the light for the first
time.  I must have been staring at
him the same way.  The fragile
lines that ran down my arm had not only caused me pain, but had also given me a
reason to turn around and face the one thing that was my life now.  My only reason for living.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Views: 355

Replies to This Discussion

OMG! It leaves such a cliff hanger!! Lol!

awww what happens ????
I have feeling I know what happened. *grins*
MORE!!
:( Oh no! You better not be talking about Austin! :,(

I love it! It dramatic and awesome!

Cant wait for the story that goes with it! ;)

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

up date soon ? please :') ??xx

Eleven

I walked through the rain with Austin, stripping out of the thick sweatshirt I had had on all day.  The increased temperature sucked when it came to pretending to be cold like everyone else in the world.

So every day now I layered up just like I would have 3 months ago before I had made the transformation; and suffered through the day, sweating.  Then, stripped down into shorts and a tank top as soon as I got home.

I practically flew through the front door in an attempt to cool myself off.  The pack laughed as I ran through the kitchen and back into Austin’s room to change.

“Shut up you guys!  I’m ready to die from overheating!” I slammed the door and changed into a pair of old volleyball spandex shorts, and one of Austin’s shirts before walking out of his room casually and sitting down at the table beside everyone else.

“Maybe you’ll loose weight… since you supposedly sweat so much.” Quil joked.

“Is that a fat joke Quil?”

“You bet, Kensee.” He winked and I gave him a solid punch in the shoulder.  Emily sat a plate of freshly baked cookies down on the table; I ducked in time to miss the flying hands as everyone grabbed for them.

“What’s the matter Kensee, don’t you want a cookie?” Jared asked getting a laugh out of everyone else.

“Your guys’ jokes are getting really old, you know?” I stood up to help Emily with a bowl of cookie batter.  “You should really find some more material.  Try taking a route other than the vampire route.”

Holly came through the back door, soaked to the bone.  She slammed the door, and stood in the doorway dripping onto the linoleum.  Seth sighed, and got up to give her a hug; the rest of us laughed until we couldn’t breathe.

“It’s not funny!”

“Holly, if you don’t like getting wet, you should probably run through the rain instead of walk!”

“Kensee, shut up!” I laughed along with everyone else again, and found myself awestruck, for the hundredth time today at how my life had taken a turn for the better.

~

In the last three months, I had officially joined the pack as a liaison so to speak; I switched back and forth between the two packs, my father’s and Sam’s sharing information and running patrols under the command of both of them.  It was a little confusing, and exhausting… but still fun, in its own way.

I was officially with Austin.  The school knew, more or less.  My family knew.  The pack knew.  And unfortunately, Roark knew, which would probably become a problem sometime in the future… simply because that was just how my life worked.  But for now, that aspect of life was perfect.

The pack had accepted me with open arms.  I had learned soon after my first phase, that they had been expecting it.  Why the “secret” had been kept from me, I still didn’t understand… but it was still something I didn’t bother about much.

For the most part, my family was over the confusion of everything that had happened, and mostly everything was back to normal.

The drastic difference between my life three months ago, and my life now was humorous. 

All of this, I thought about everyday… unless I was otherwise distracted…

“Kensee!”

“What…?” I mumbled, coming back down to the real world.

“What are you thinking about?  I’ve been trying to get your attention for 10 minutes!”

“Sorry… I’m just still having a hard time believing everything that’s happened…” he chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waste, pulling me down and against his side comfortably on my bed.

“Don’t you think it’s time to start believing it all?  It’s been three months…” he leaned down and kissed my cheek.  I blushed; a reaction I had every time Austin did anything

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it…”

“I’m sure you will eventually.” He stared at me for a moment before asking, “What is it exactly that you don’t think you’ll get used to you?” I blushed again.

“You mostly… everything else I’m used to for the most part.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means you’re almost too good to be true… however cheesy that sounds…”

“Yeah… it’s pretty cheesy, but I still understand.” He grinned and pulled me into another hug.

“What time does patrol start again?” I sighed into his chest, already knowing it started at 9, and also knowing we needed to leave.  He groaned as he looked over at the clock.  I looked over to see I was right; 8:30.

He slid me off of his lap and pulled me off of my bed at the same time.  He dragged himself to my closet, rummaging around for some of his “patrol clothes” while I slipped on a pair of cut off sweats and a stretchy tank top.

~

Patrol always seemed to last forever… tonight was no exception. 

Sam, Austin, Leah and I-two representatives from Sam’s pack, and two from my fathers-often headed patrols.  I could feel the tense, awkwardness that came from both packs because of the separation that had happened years ago.  It was worst when my dad was with us too… him and Sam would get into mental arguments… and they didn’t always end well.  I knew one of the only reasons there were even joint patrols was because of me. 

I felt bad for forcing them together after all these years, and, after a long talk with my dad, had talked him and Sam into only having joint “meetings”.  No more joint patrol.

After that, everyone tended to stick to his or her own packs… the only one who didn’t was Austin.  He could tell when it would be a bad night… and would come on patrol with my father’s pack instead.

It usually made things worse, but it kept him happy, so I didn’t bother him about it that often.

Tonight was one of those nights.

Alice had seen visitors in our future, so we circled through the few miles of woods surrounding the main house, searching for unfamiliar scents.

We caught plenty, and all of them led to absolutely nowhere

Long story short, we were out much longer than we normally where.

I was actually hoping for us to find a vampire stranger on the property, just to give us something to do.

But of course, we didn’t.

Going home with the small amount of news we actually had, wasn’t comforting for anyone.  The rest of my family became edgy after we told them the uncomforting news.

Their black eyes remained black for that night; instead of going hunting, they had stayed home.

I tried to stay up for hours, knowing that being drowsy from sleep wouldn’t help me if our visitors decided to show up uninvited… but it was no use, sitting down on the couch with Austin, his arms wrapped around my waist, I instantly fell asleep.

~

Weeks later, no visitors ever showed up.  And as more days passed, we soon forgot about our slight scare.

naaawwwww Austin and Kensee are so cute together ! ♥

I cant remember but did Kensee use to hunt vamp style?? and now that she is a wolf is she more werewolf now or does she still have vampire in her ??

Yeauhhh, she picked it up from her mom(: 

And i think she would still have a little bit of vampire in her... 

It's kind of like.... You move away from home,but your still eat the same food you used to(: hahaha.

Ahahaah thats a good way to put it LOL :)
Love it!! :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service