The Twilight Saga

Preface

I looked at the now silvery pink scars that ran down my entire arm.  Had he really done this?  Had he really scarred me for life?

It made sense that I would get hurt, I hadn’t wanted to see myself fighting my best friend.  I hadn’t opened my
eyes once. 

Had I really been angry enough to attack him?  My hands shook with fury.  I
wasn’t angry with him, I couldn’t stay mad at him; I had never been able to.  I was mad at myself.  Mad at myself because I had been so
close to hurting him.  When all he
had done was try to protect me.

“Kensee, I’m so sorry.  Please, you have to forgive me.” I hadn’t heard him come up behind me, but now that I knew he was
there, I couldn’t help but be angry. 

“Look at what you did!  And all you wanted to do was help!”  I held out my arm so he could see it… still without ever looking at his face.

“Please, look at me!  You have to believe me!  I… that… that wasn’t me!”  His words forced me to
turn around and look at him in disgust.

“What do you mean it wasn’t you, you-“ I stopped, unable to think around the feeling overcoming me now.  He looked at me like a blind man seeing the light for the first
time.  I must have been staring at
him the same way.  The fragile
lines that ran down my arm had not only caused me pain, but had also given me a
reason to turn around and face the one thing that was my life now.  My only reason for living.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Views: 355

Replies to This Discussion

WOOOH!!! :D
I'm trying!! I really am! It's 2 pages so far.... It's a start right?  I have a really good idea coming up.... I just want to get this chapter right, so It'll all work out right(:
Up to 3 now!(:

NEW READER!

oh my gosh!! this story is AMAZING!! post more soon!

Thanks For reading!!!(:  

if you didn't already know, This story is a sequel to two other stories!(:

Final Battle: Renesmee's Story Part I

and

The Missing Pieces: Renesmee's Story Part II, are the other stories(:

The links are on my page if you're interested in reading them(:

yay thx

Do you know when your going to post next ? I've really missed reading your story and I check every day for a new chapter !:O

I think I'm getting a little obsessed with yours and Kimberly's stories >< xx

Don't worry about being obssesed. I'm basically stalking Rachel >./p>

Ahaha isn't that right Rachel? LOL :)

Yeauhh, Emma you're a stalker(;

And Janet, it'll be SUPER SOON! (I hope)

I have testing this week, and I THOUGHT it would be easier for me to write without homework... but honestly I'm just more tired /:

Fourteen

“Oh, just shut up already!  We’re almost there, so there’s nothing you can do about it now.” Austin was practically holding me down in the back seat of his dad’s car to keep me from jumping out the window.  They were having an annual bonfire down at the beach.  Because I was part of the pack, I was being forced to go.  I didn’t want to.  I would be fine if it were only the main pack.  Maybe even the main pack and the family’s they belonged to…

But everyone would be there.

The entire reservation would be there… every single member of the Quileute tribe.  This included my father, and my mother.  It was required that the entire family of a member should attend.  Which meant the Cullen’s were involved.

So I would immediately go from an honored pack member, to the big white elephant in the room as soon as the rest of my family arrived.

I wasn’t excited.

“You’ll have to protect me from the screaming hoards of people when my family gets there.”

“We will, don’t worry.  Everyone has been advised to treat them as though they’ve been here the whole time.” Sam murmured from the front seat. 

“That doesn’t mean much…” Austin squeezed my hand in comfort.  I had gone to quite a few of these bonfires over the years, but never to one where my family was invited.  The elders of the tribe had decided that the rest of my family should attend, since we had all been in an alliance for years now.

As we pulled up to the makeshift parking lot of the beach, I could see fires already being built on rocky shore.  Every family built one, and served food to those who came to socialize.

For the most part it was less of a tradition, and more like a fair… but we were still required to go if anything, for the second half of the gathering.  Especially this time.

In all the years of going to these bonfires, I had never had my entire family with me.  They would cause quite a ruckus with the members of the tribe who still didn’t accept the truce with the Cullen’s.

And, in all the years of going, I had never been put in front of everyone, and asked to choose between packs.  They were asking everyone to re-evaluate their choice, and choose again.  The circumstances everyone had been under the last time were not good.  Those who had left left without much thinking behind it.  Now was their chance to re-decide.

For Austin and I… we were choosing for the first time.

I stomped down to the beach and attempted to help Sam and Emily make their bonfire.

“Are you scared?” I asked Austin as we walked down the beach and tried to find some wood to make our bonfire.

“Scared of what?”

“Choosing…”

“Yeah… I don’t want to hurt my dad’s feelings and I don’t want to loose you…”

“You wouldn’t be loosing me… I’d still see you everyday.  And every night.” I grinned at him.  He grinned back.

“But it wont be the same.” I sighed, and picked up another piece of wood and added it to the pile in my arms.

“You’re right.  Why do we have to pick?  Can’t things just go back to the way they were… we should just have one big pack again.”

“It’d be way too hard, Kensee and you know that.” We began to hike up the bank to where our bonfire was being started.  “There are too many people between the two packs as it is.”

“Isn’t bigger stronger?”

“When you can’t control anything because there are too many people it’s not.”

“My dad wants me to choose Sam…”

“Why?”

“He thinks Sam is a better alpha… and he wants me to be a better wolf.  He told me that I would gain more if I stayed with Sam.”

“You’re dad is meant to be alpha though…”

“You think I don’t know that?  I told him that, he got that sad look and told me to choose for myself… I don’t know what to do…”

Your dad is a good alpha… he make good decisions, based off of what he thinks is right.  Sometimes I think he’s more rational than my dad… Jake actually thinks things through to the future, when all my dad does is focus on keeping us all safe for the moment.”

“Don’t say that about your father, Austin.”

“It’s true though.  It doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s a good alpha, he just thinks more like a dog and less like a rational human sometimes.  We all do that.  Do I have to remind you that you threw Roark across the gym last week?”

“He slid…” I grumbled, as if my definition of what happened made what I had done any better.  Austin chuckled and let the wood in his arms drop into the giant circle Sam and Emily had made out of rocks.  The dry driftwood caught fire immediately.

I watched as the blue-green flames licked up the wood, and became almost hypnotized by the colors. 

~

The screaming of little kids and loud laughing of many adults was silenced by the arrival of the Cullen’s almost an hour ago.  The noise was starting to pick back up, slowly but surely the bonfire was coming back to life after the small shock it had received.

I think the amount of comfort the wolves of both packs had with them was what helped the most.  The locals seeing that even the enemy’s of the vampires were okay with their presence showed them there was nothing to be worried about.  Sort of…

The kids were particularly fascinated with Alice, well, the kids that were allowed to go anywhere near any of the Cullen’s were fascinated with her.  A few of them were almost as tall as she was, they were older, and had been asking her questions about “the old days” the entire night.  While the younger ones would demand she pick them up and toss them up in the air, much to the horror of their parents… but they were to afraid to snatch away their children and tell Alice to stop.

“You’re freaking out the parents, you know?”

“What are you talking about?” she asked, catching another kid after having tossed them up about 10 feet in the air.

“They think you’re going to kill their kids, but they’re too afraid to say anything.”

“That’s just silly.” She said rolling her eyes.

“My turn!” a little dark haired girl squealed, she reached with her tiny hands up at Alice, squeezing her hands into fists in excitement.  Alice sighed and plastered on a smile, picking the girl up and tossing her up in the air.  She caught her almost a foot from the ground, making the little girl squeal again.  Alice laughed quietly as the little girl ran off to tell her mom about the wonderful Alice.

“You know… it’s never really bothered me before… but a child of my own would be kind of nice.” The smile faded from her lips, and she sighed again.  “But there’s no reason to turn into Rosalie, I would be a terrible mother, I have no concern or logic when it comes to taking care of things.  The poor baby would starve to death.” We laughed and made our way back to the bonfires that belonged to Sam and Emily, and the rest of my family. 

I watched from a distance as Sam walked around and rounded up all the wolves and let the family’s know that we were going to start the ceremony.  I trembled as my heart dropped into my stomach; I didn’t want to have to choose.  Austin grabbed my hand, and tugged at my arm a few times before I figured out how to move my feet and follow him to where the ceremony would actually take place.

I still didn’t really understand why Sam called it a “ceremony”… it was a bunch of freaky werewolves picking their pack in front of a bunch of humans who had no idea how much we really did for them.

All ten of us took a seat on the logs that had been set up for us, while Sam and Jacob stood about 15 feet apart to give us enough room to phase and group up by our alpha.

Seth was called up first; he phased and walked to Jacob’s side without hesitation.

Leah did the same.  They had been a part of Jacob’s pack for over 20 years; they wouldn’t desert him.

After having switched back to Sam’s pack… Quil and Embry both phased and walked to Jacob’s side.

Paul, Jared, Collin, and Brady all walked to Sam’s side.

Nothing had changed about the packs yet… so far, the whole “ceremony” had been a waste of time.

Sam looked at Austin and nodded.  Austin stepped forward and phased.  He looked between Jacob and Sam, contemplating the pros and cons of each side.  He whined a little bit, out of confusion.  He let out a little sigh, and started to walk towards Jacob; I felt my eyes grow wide out of shock.  He snuffed again out of frustration, and shook his head; he turned around and trotted to his dad.

Of course he would pick his dad, there really had never been any other choice for Austin.

Both Sam and my father looked at me, they nodded at the same time and I held back a nervous laugh.

I phased and stood there thinking.

Who would I choose?

My own father… or maybe someone more… what was the word… experienced?

After a few moments of not moving I heard Austin whine. 

I just don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.  I thought at him, though he continued to whine the way he had before.

Austin don’t worry about me, I’m just making sure I make the right choice.

More whining.  He couldn’t hear me anymore?

Kensee, you need to choose… I don’t want to pressure you, but you can’t belong to both packs, you’re fully capable of doing the things other wolves’ can, so now you need to choose.  Sam’s voice murmured in my head, scaring me a little bit.  Why could I hear his voice and not Austin’s?

I, uh… I-I… what was I going to say?

Don’t worry about our feelings; we’re well past being hurt over the choices of other’s.

I looked at every member of both packs.  Which ones would I not see as often as I used to?  What friends would I loose when patrols got heavy, and we had no time for ourselves?

I took a deep breath in through my nose, and stepped towards my new alpha.

Sorry about the cliff hanger guys!(;

Loved it.. But I know who she chooses bcuz.. Nevermind(:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service