The Twilight Saga

The third story in Twilight-Harry Potter Cross-Over, the Half Blood Vampire follows the Cullens as they become further involved in the world of Harry Potter during the events of The Half Blood Prince. What happens when a rapidly maturing Renesmee and Jacob's wolf pack become more and more connected with the world of wizards? And how is Aro and the Volturi involved with He Who Shall Not be Named and his followers, the Death Eaters? Is it all connected?

If you haven't read the other two, please click here for the first story in the Series, Cullens go to Hogwarts, placed during the Tri-Wizard Tournament or here for Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks for the second book placed during Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn.

Other Fan Fictions by Erica

Actors Hooked on Fan Fiction COMPLETE

Cullens go to Hogwarts COMPLETE
Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks COMPLETE
Eclipse EPOV IN PROGRESS

One Shots:

First Kiss EPOV COMPLETE
Edward Decides to Leave COMPLETE

Chapters in PDF and Hyperlink for The Half-Blood Vampire

HBV Ch 1.pdf   Chapter 1: A New Adventure

HBV Ch 2.pdf   Chapter 2: Just Can't Walk Away

HBV Ch 3.pdf   Chapter 3: Curiosities

HBV Ch 4.pdf   Chapter 4: Where There's A Will...

HBV Ch 5.pdf   Chapter 5: Love Lives and Love Lost

HBV Ch 6.pdf   Chapter 6: History and Biology

HBV Ch 7.pdf   Chapter 7: Young Love, First Love...

HBV Ch 8.pdf   Chapter 8: Hogwarts Recruitment Drive

HBV Ch 9.pdf   Chapter 9: Everything

HBV Ch 10.pdf Chapter 10: Complication

HBV Ch 11.pdf Chapter 11: Should I Stay or Should I go?

HBV Ch 12.pdf Chapter 12: New Week New Accomodations

HBV Ch 13.pdf Chapter 13: Diagon Alley

HBV Ch 14.pdf Chapter 14: Hogwarts Express

HBV Ch 15.pdf Chapter 15: The Sorting Hat

HBV Ch 16.pdf Chapter 16: Meanwhile Back at the Crypt

HBV Ch 17.pdf Chapter 17: First Day of School

HBV Ch 18.pdf Chapter 18: Malfoy Manor

HBV Ch 19.pdf Chapter 19: Life and Death

HBV Ch 20.pdf  Chapter 20: Restless

Tags: Bella, Edward, Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter, Jacob, Renesmee, Twilight

Views: 7155

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Margaret! Thanks for all the intel on south of London!

You'd have thought that Leah would have realised that there was no way that Seth would have got on that plane.
He was already planning his way out of the trip before he heard Kristina !
> Chuckles, oh, I know. The entire time I'm writing, I was in disbelief thinking, what are those two thinking. They should know better - Seth's not going home!

" Whatever ... " ... and two security guards bite the dust !!!
> LOL!

Lucky that Seth managed not to phase in the departure lounge, although it would have given the other waiting passengers something to look at besides the endless rows of duty-free shops ...
> Yeah, now that could have been very interesting! It woudl have given Dumbledore or perhaps Cedric and opportunity to use the obliterate spell!

" A small cool hand found mine and I was suddenly at peace "
Ahhhhhhhhh - the joy of impinting .....
:-)

They've got a mountain of catching up to do ... 911 - Knight Bus - and a million and one other things, like werewolves, vampires ......
> Oh yeah... Seth is about to have his mind officially blown!

It's a good job Carlisle's an immortal, the poor man already has the patience of a saint. And now he's staying for dinner with Kristina's family - with real food, no less !
> I know - very nice of him to take one for the team!

Hmmmmmmm .... Kristina Masen has a squib ancestor .... hmmmmmmmmmm ????
> no comment

So Bella and Edward have to make themselves scarce for a few days.
No prizes for guessing what they'll be doing.
Nibblng ........ ????
> HA HA HA HA HA

Thank you so much Margaret - again so very pleased you're enjoying it!
yaaay!!!!
Seth finally found her or she found seth...
Does she feel the bound???
I love it
update asap and some bella neesiee harry ron hermoine time plzz....

Love sadaf
Ms. Erica

How many ways can you describe somethinq as "ah'mazinq" ??

Let's tryy.. Captivatinq.' Wonderful.' Beautiful.' -Bloody-Brilliant.'Ingenius.Creative.Addictinq.

Just overall Great. iDon't know where to Start 'since the middle of Cedric's Story you were undecided whether or not you would continue & iCan only reply by sayinq Boy, I'm glad you did

You have a way of capturing the characters as if you've known them for years :)

(One in particular is Edward.) Many people write stories from 'EPOV' but Erica, you really have a way of capturinq his true personality.
&& Morree Kristina And Seth time =) iLove how each of the 'imprint stories' happened. They were totally different but all connected in some way !
You are Brilliant the ways you plot the story out & build it up... that's Creative ! Your writinq is a masterpiece- Really !

&& I'm just qlad you chose to continue this wonderful piece into the world of Twi/Potter

Watch Out Everyone ! Because... Erica is Back !

=) Moorrreee Please !
Wow, thank you so much! I'm really honored and encouraged by your words. I'm glad I continued as well. It just didn't feel complete yet.

And thank you again. I love the characters and I just hope I do them justice, especially those that don't belong to me. And I really love Edward. Midnight Sun really captured my attention and I find Edward so much more relatable... okay is that wierd that I relate to a vampire? But the struggle, the desire to be good, to be in control, etc... I just love that.

Again, thank you so much - and I am very glad you're enjoying the story! :-)
L0l :D No, that's definetly not weird ; I'm sure everyone of us on this website finds a way to relate to a vampire one way or another . iJust think that makes us unique =)

But yes, Continue pleeaase. I'm so into the story already && you're still introducinq characters XD
Yay - thanks! :-)
Thank you sadaf, I don't really know a lot of how Kristina is feeling, other then attached... I might have to attempt a chapter from her POV to see what is going on in that head of hers. it could prove interesting and, hopefully, entertaining. :-)
WOW Erica i love your stories they are awesome!!! havnt commented in ages! just caught up with all the chapters i missed and they are sooo good cant wait for more to come! :D Lizz
Thank you so much Lizz! :-)
Erica I know i'm not in the habbit of commenting but I am going to make a point of commenting on EVERY chapter you post from now on. I just want to show my support.

DawnM
Wow, thank you so much Dawn! I really, really appreciate the support! :-)
Chapter 3: Curiosities

** EDWARD **

In the end, Kristina’s presence brought a certain level of calmness to the family reunion. Leah and Jacob found it hard to be angry with Seth, they both knew how hard it was going to be for him to leave. And, with him staring star struck into Kristina’s eyes, it was difficult to be harsh.

Seth just walked through the door, shrugging. “Hey guys,” he said, “So, I um… missed my flight.”

Leah gawked from him to Kristina and back. Jacob shook his head, “I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised.”

“Oh, it’s not his fault,” Kristina jumped in, “When I heard he was leaving I just… had to go say good-bye. It’s only proper.” She blushed furiously, “I didn’t realize I would cause such a kafuffle. And then…” she launched into an explanation of the entire afternoon, the questioning, calling Carlisle, and the decision to go visit her parents – all carefully skirting the real issue, why she felt so connected after just a couple minutes.

Talk much? Emmett grinned, chuckling through the entire account from his room upstairs where he and Rosalie had escaped as soon as they arrived home. Alice and Jasper had similarly retired to their room upon returning from hunting. Bella and I were, of course, hiding while Renesmee slept soundly in the next room.

“… and Carlisle just drove us right home.” She suddenly turned to Carlisle, “How did you know where we live? You’re from America.” She narrowed her eyes.

I kinda like this girl Emmett continued to listen in.

“I used to live in England a long time ago.” He replied. “The area you live in was quite well populated by the magical community at one point.”

Kristina’s eyes grew large, “Oh yes. We don’t talk about it much, but I’ve read scads on it. It’s horrific what happened to them. It’s no wonder the Ministry enacted the International Statue for Secrecy.”

“What happened?” Seth asked, his heart aching at anything that might cause Kristina a moment’s concern.

“Oh, right, you’re not a wizard, you mustn’t know. I keep forgetting.” She took a deep breath, “Down near my town, Blackstone, there was once a large magical community. But in 1645 a horrible man, Matthew Hopkins murdered many of the poor people who lived there in peace.”

“But, how would he do that – I mean, you’re magic?” Seth asked.

She frowned, “He had help. One time, when I went on a walk, I came across two of his victims. One was a woman riding a horse, trying to get away. The other was a man who was constantly looking for his daughter to warn her. They’d chosen to become ghosts, but they’re not like the ones at Hogwarts. They’re not quite right in the head, I suppose – they don’t realize time has passed. They’re still in 1645. What I could gather is Matthew Hopkins had an assistant with scarlet red eyes. He wielded a special wand and it caught them by surprise. He was able to overcome them, especially when they had no warning. That part isn’t part of the official documentaries. Anyone who knew about it was killed.” She frowned.

I remember hearing about this… it was horrific. My father thought Matthew was a great man – Witchfinder General he called himself. Carlisle thought with a mixture of sorrow and guilt. But I hadn’t heard about this – a man with red eyes – a vampire? We’ll have to discuss this with Dumbledore – soon. Could it be the Volturi?

“Possibly” I said from my hiding place. We had much to talk about.

“For a while the area remained unoccupied.” Kristina continued, “But then, slowly, people came back. It’s easier now – the muggles don’t believe we exist anymore.”

“I’m so sorry,” Seth said in a hushed tone, pulling her into a half hug. He was struggling to maintain his composure at this historical threat.

She smiled up at him, for a moment pulled into his possessive stare. Her mind went completely blank for four point two seconds before she tentatively wound her arm around his waist.

“How did it end?” He asked.

“A group of witches and wizard sought Matthew out and killed him with the unforgivable curse. Of course, that is when we started altering muggle memories. Some of the muggle books say he died of disease. Others say he was drowned by tying him to a chair and tossing him in a lake as a test for witchcraft… and some” she said conspiratorially, “think he floated and was then hanged as a witch.”

“Wow.” Seth replied.

“His assistant – what do you know about him?” Carlisle asked.

“Not much,” she shrugged, “From what I’ve read since, I think his name was John Stearne. Matthew was initially his assistant, but then, after Matthew was killed, John sort of disappeared. I think he wrote a book, but nothing more.”

“Hmm,” Carlisle mused.

“So, are you staying here?” Leah asked, changing the subject. She was concerned. Has he told her everything yet?

“Oh no.” she laughed, her cheeks flushing again, “Mum and Dad wouldn’t permit me to stay overnight at a boys house.” She glanced suddenly shyly back up at Seth.

“I’m taking her home in a couple hours.” Carlisle confirmed. I’m sorry Edward, but you’ll have to stay up in your room for a while.

“That’s fine. I’m sure we’ll find something to occupy our time,” I replied.

After returning Kristina back home, Leah and Jacob did have a brief confrontation with Seth.

“What were you thinking, Seth? You could have gotten in a lot of trouble. What if they discovered your passport was a fake?” Leah exclaimed.

Seth shrugged. His mind was only on Kristina – and the hours until he’d see her again.

“I think what we need to know is how much have you told her.” Jacob asked authoritatively.

“She’s my imprint. She has a right to know.” Seth defended.

“She has a right to know about us – but what about the Cullens?”

Carlisle stepped in, “Actually, that is something I’d very much like to discuss. She’s clearly been introduced to the existence of vampires in theory. But she doesn’t know about Edward and our involvement last year. It’s something I’d like to discuss with Dumbledore. There’s more then just our family secrets at stake here.”

“It might make it easier, though,” Bella said as we gathered, knowing a family conference was necessary.

“But can you trust her? I mean, you just met her.” Rosalie threw out, as she settled herself on the arm of the chair Emmett had plunked himself down upon.

Seth growled, “She’s as trustworthy as anyone.”

Jacob held up his hand. “Seth, I’m sure she is, but I think we need to be open to the fact that the Cullens may not be ready to share their secret with your imprint.”

Seth took a deep breath, sitting back down on one of the plush chairs that lined the living room. “Sorry… don’t know what came over me.”

Leah chuckled, “You’ve imprinted. It’s a bit tricky at first.”

“So, do I take it that she knows about you?” Jasper asked.

“Well – no, not yet.” Seth admitted.

“Really?” Jasper asked, curious, “why not?”

Seth shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “I, uh, don’t know. I suppose we haven’t really had much time to talk.” And what would she think? Would she run away screaming? Would she like me?

Noting his discomfort Carlisle jumped in, “Well, we have time. There’s no need to jump into sudden revelations.” Seth breathed a sigh of relief. “Alice can you see anything?”

She was already shaking her head, “Only that she’s clearly going to be spending a lot of time with Seth, because her future completely disappears.”

Carlisle nodded, having already guessed the answer. “Well, as far as our secrets, perhaps we need to get to know Kristina a little better as well.” He looked around the room at each of us. “And we’ll figure out when and how much to tell her in a few days.”

Seth nodded, “She’s coming over tomorrow. And then I’m going to go to her place the next day.”

“So, I guess Bella and I might as well take a day of Harry surveillance.” I offered.

“And me too?” Nessie called from her room, having woken up during the last part of the conversation.

I sighed, looking at Bella. “We’ll discuss it in the morning.”

Dumbledore arrived shortly after midnight, gratefully accepting the cup of tea and scones Esme offered.

“I take it the search for Sirius’ will isn’t going as well as planned.” Carlisle guessed at Dumbledore’s uncharacteristically bleak expression.

“No, I’ve used every bit of my ingenuity and considerable magical knowledge and we haven’t found it yet. And every moment, we’re on guard watching for Death Eaters. The only relief is that if the house has passed into the next blood relative, Bellatrix’s possession, she clearly is unaware as there’s no sign anyone else has been in the house.”

“And the house elf?”

“As miserable and uncooperative as ever. I can only do so much. Their magic is ancient and clearly Sirius ordered him to never reveal it’s location for I can’t even pull it from his mind with Legilimency.” He shook his head and poured another cup of tea.

“We may have another matter to consider,” Carlisle added, “Seth has imprinted upon one of your students – Kristina Masen.”

“Ah yes,” he said, sitting back and sipping his tea. For the first time since his arrival a look of amusement crossed his features. “Quite right. Lovely girl. Taken with Muggle literature.” He smiled.

“We’re wondering about how much to tell her – whether she is-”

“Trustworthy? Certainly. She’s not one to prattle on like a nitwit. Very intelligent. Mostly quiet girl unless you get her talking about something she likes. Spent the better part of an hour listening to her views on how Elrond developed from a certain prominent house elf. Intuitive, really.”

“That is what we’re wondering. What if she got into a conversation with someone else? I was concerned about her knowing you’d invited Edward to Hogwarts.”

“Ah, well,” he smiled knowingly, “I’m not all that concerned about what others might think of that now. It would seem it doesn’t matter much what I do, for good or ill. The Daily Prophet will spin it in whatever light suits the Minister of the day. But as far as Kristina is concerned, I’m sure, given the appropriate cautions, she would be quite discreet.”

“Thank you, Albus.” Carlisle replied. “We’ll pick our time appropriately – perhaps after we’ve gotten to know her better.”

“Of course.”

“She did raise an interesting item – I suppose you recall the witch hunts in 1645 – 1646.”

“Yes – quite an unfortunate time in our history.” He said sadly.

“Well, she mentioned talking to a couple ghosts in the area – people who’d been killed. They said there was a red eyed assistant with a special wand.”

“That is curious.” Dumbledore pondered, “And disturbing. I’m sure you’ve considered the possibilities.”

“The Volturi, perhaps?” Carlisle suggested.

“Possibly, though there was quite a bit of conflict between the groups leading up to the final straw. It could have been another vampire acting alone.”

“Possibly, but the wand…”

“Yes, that disturbs me as well. Let me think on it. I’m not sure what can be done now – almost four hundred years later.”

“It may be a piece in a larger puzzle.”

“Yes, the thought occurred to me as well.” Dumbledore nodded once. “And now onto your other request. I am curious as to what you find out with your testing. Seeing as my genetic line will most likely end, I agree to provide the sample you seek.” He pulled out a small glass container with a lid. “I assume this will suffice.”

“More then enough,” Carlisle agreed, “Thank you.”

“Now, if you’ll excuse me,” Dumbledore drew himself up from the table, “I have another errand I must see to this evening.” He started off toward the door, pausing before he left. “Do you know when you’ll receive the results?”

“I should have some preliminary results later tomorrow with more detailed mapping in a few days…”

Dumbledore nodded, turned and left.

It surprised me we didn’t get another visit from him the next day. I assumed he’d be back just in time to receive the initial results, with the impeccable timing that he always seemed to have. But when Carlisle walked in late in the evening, coming straight from his meeting at Cambridge, there was no sudden pop, or the flurry of activity that accompanied his arrival. Even Esme had prepared tea, assuming it would be useful.

“So, initially, we have some interesting data.” Carlisle started slowly, almost pausing as if waiting for someone to arrive. And then, when it was clear no one was coming, he continued. “Wizards have the same number of chromosomes as non-magical humans, but I’ve found some interesting similarities between samples of unrelated individuals and with the house elf, who has one extra chromosome, like the wolves. None of them have two additional chromosomes like vampires…” he sighed, exhibiting his frustration with the length of time it would take for the detailed analysis. “I’m just hoping that the detailed mapping gives me a better sense of what we are looking at. If only I had samples from a squib and wizard of the same family…” he mused. I wonder – could there be a chromosome that carry a gene for magic?

It wasn’t his primary reason for the analysis, but it was an interesting side journey. “So what did you find comparing the human and vampire samples?”

He sighed, “Edward, I don’t know… I can’t see how one can eliminate the additional genes, and more then that – many of the others are substantially changed. My initial analysis of Bella’s DNA before and after the change shows even greater differences then I would have guessed. In fact, if I didn’t know better, I’d almost guess they’re from different individuals.”

“Oh – well…” I said, not really sure how to respond. I realized just how much I’d been hoping he’d find a resolution as my dead heart sank in my chest. I wasn’t quite sure if there was any need to continue the analysis, if there was no hope.

The path to discovery is often filled with detours and side roads. We never know what we’re going to find. Carlisle reminded me.

It was well after mid-night when the sound of the arrival we’d expected earlier warned us that Dumbledore was back. “Albus, so glad you came.” Carlisle greeting him warmly.

“I trust it’s not too late for a visit?” He replied.

“Certainly not.” Carlisle said as Esme rushed to the kitchen to put on a pot of tea.

“How was Harry today?” Dumbledore asked.

“Not bad. He didn’t wander around as much as we’ve come to expect – stayed a little closer to home.” I informed him.

“Ah, excellent,” he said as Esme handed him a cup of tea, so I wasn’t sure who he was responding to. “So you haven’t lost him again, have you?”

“No – we’ve all been a bit more vigilant.” I confirmed.

Dumbledore nodded, “And you’ve received your results.”

Carlisle began to answer, but just then Dumbledore took a sip of tea. The sleeve of his cloak fell back, revealing his hand. It was black and withered as if inflicted with a strange form of gangrene. “Albus, what happened to your hand?”

“Oh, this?” he said, shaking his sleeve so it fell back over, hiding his hand. “It looks worse then it is.”

“Please, Albus, let me take a look at it.”

He sighed, putting his cup down on the nearby coffee table, and giving Carlisle a very serious look. “I’m afraid there is nothing you can do about this, my old friend. As skilled as you are, this is far beyond your abilities. Please, pay it no further mind and we’ll continue with our visit.” His expression changed abruptly as he picked up his cup of tea, this time not bothering to keep his hand covered.

Carlisle stared at the hand. He was quickly assessing the condition of the epidermis and what he could make of the next layers, noting that blood still flowed, providing life, but the tissues were reacting strangely to it. It was as if the blood and healing white blood cells were completely ignored by the damaged tissue. But at the same time, it was still living.

“It is rather rude to stare.” Dumbledore murmured as he took another sip.

“My apologies, Albus. I’m afraid the physician in me has a difficult time not doing all I can to treat someone in need.”

“I’ve gotten what treatment could be had. This is a magical injury, something that required a magical remedy.”

“So, it will get better?”

Dumbledore chuckled, “I didn’t say that old friend. Now, please, tell me of your discoveries while I enjoy a cup of your wife’s fine tea.”

Carlisle used every ounce of his considerable brain power to continue on. He could not help, however, continuing to allow part of his mind to document observations of how his hand reacted to various stimuli, cataloguing it for further analysis.

“So, you believe that magical ability is passed on from generation to generation in the DNA?” Dumbledore asked.

“Yes – it is the best explanation I can come up with for the fact that magical families have had non-magical children and vice versa. There must be a genetic disposition to magic. It could be triggered by an event or stimuli, much like the wolves.”

“Fascinating,” he said, sitting back, his hands pressed together at the finger tips.

“I wish I could have a genetically similar sample, to cut down on the variables. I found that most helpful with Bella.”

“You’re looking for a sample from a wizard or witch with a squib sibling?” he asked.

“Preferably of the same gender.”

“I might be able to accommodate you.” Dumbledore smiled. “But perhaps not right away. We really must get our hands on Sirius’ will and Lupin had no luck with it today.”

“Dumbledore,” I asked, “You said you were unable to draw the information from Kretcher’s mind with Legilimency because he has been ordered not to reveal the information. But what if he didn’t know the information could be taken right from his mind without his knowledge.”

“Ah!” Dumbledore sat up, his eyes widening. “Ah, yes – of course! If he thought of the location while you were there, you could lift the location from his mind. Brilliant!”

“Do you really think it will work?”

“Yes, I do. I’ll come collect you tomorrow and we’ll give it a try, when Kretcher is awake.”

Special thanks to Margaret for the Kristina’s home town and the interesting historical references to witches in the area…

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service