The Twilight Saga

The third story in Twilight-Harry Potter Cross-Over, the Half Blood Vampire follows the Cullens as they become further involved in the world of Harry Potter during the events of The Half Blood Prince. What happens when a rapidly maturing Renesmee and Jacob's wolf pack become more and more connected with the world of wizards? And how is Aro and the Volturi involved with He Who Shall Not be Named and his followers, the Death Eaters? Is it all connected?

If you haven't read the other two, please click here for the first story in the Series, Cullens go to Hogwarts, placed during the Tri-Wizard Tournament or here for Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks for the second book placed during Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn.

Other Fan Fictions by Erica

Actors Hooked on Fan Fiction COMPLETE

Cullens go to Hogwarts COMPLETE
Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks COMPLETE
Eclipse EPOV IN PROGRESS

One Shots:

First Kiss EPOV COMPLETE
Edward Decides to Leave COMPLETE

Chapters in PDF and Hyperlink for The Half-Blood Vampire

HBV Ch 1.pdf   Chapter 1: A New Adventure

HBV Ch 2.pdf   Chapter 2: Just Can't Walk Away

HBV Ch 3.pdf   Chapter 3: Curiosities

HBV Ch 4.pdf   Chapter 4: Where There's A Will...

HBV Ch 5.pdf   Chapter 5: Love Lives and Love Lost

HBV Ch 6.pdf   Chapter 6: History and Biology

HBV Ch 7.pdf   Chapter 7: Young Love, First Love...

HBV Ch 8.pdf   Chapter 8: Hogwarts Recruitment Drive

HBV Ch 9.pdf   Chapter 9: Everything

HBV Ch 10.pdf Chapter 10: Complication

HBV Ch 11.pdf Chapter 11: Should I Stay or Should I go?

HBV Ch 12.pdf Chapter 12: New Week New Accomodations

HBV Ch 13.pdf Chapter 13: Diagon Alley

HBV Ch 14.pdf Chapter 14: Hogwarts Express

HBV Ch 15.pdf Chapter 15: The Sorting Hat

HBV Ch 16.pdf Chapter 16: Meanwhile Back at the Crypt

HBV Ch 17.pdf Chapter 17: First Day of School

HBV Ch 18.pdf Chapter 18: Malfoy Manor

HBV Ch 19.pdf Chapter 19: Life and Death

HBV Ch 20.pdf  Chapter 20: Restless

Tags: Bella, Edward, Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter, Jacob, Renesmee, Twilight

Views: 7339

Replies to This Discussion

omg i just read the first 4 chapters and i loved them it is still sad reading about tanya and sirius i was crying when i read the part about edward thanking about them glad that seth has imprinted on some one hope they are happy together sad that edward has to hide when she is around it may be nice to see what she does when she finds out about him and congrats on the wirting they post more soon.
Hey Terry - I'm so glad the first 4 chapters are working well! Edward won't have to hide for too long! Thanks :-)
Loved it, this chapter was a bit sad, awesome though, can't wait for more post soon
Thank you j rohat!
I just read all four chapters and I loved it. I think it is great that Seth imprinted. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Hey Christine J - thanks so much!
Chapter 5: Love Lives and Loves Lost

** Kristina **

I couldn’t believe he was here, in my house, sitting on my sofa. Every few moments I looked up at him, sitting there, only a short distance away staring at me with the oddest expression that, nevertheless, sent pixies right to my stomach.

It was a bit ridiculous really, my going after him like that. Mum would say, “If you chase him, you’re liable to chase him away…” I hope he didn’t think me too forward.

I thought not. He seemed pleased to see me anyway, I thought with a smile. He came right over when that silly muggle was about to attack, thank goodness. I’d not want to defend myself, not out in public like that, and underage as well. I shuddered to think what the Ministry of Magic might make of that… what my parents might think if I’d been caught. Really, what had gotten into my head?

I couldn’t believe it myself. Had I really caught the Knight Bus, right in front of my house, gone to a muggle airport, chased after a boy I’d only met and known for less then five minutes? It seemed like something out of a book. I’d never done anything remotely like this. What had gotten into me?

I looked up again. Still there. A wave of relief and pleasure swept through like a disillusionment charm – or so I’ve heard. I smiled. He smiled back. Excellent! Brilliant! Now, what to say? My mind was a blank and the few words that came to it seemed to loose themselves before reaching my tongue.

“Kristina, did you, um… grow up here?” He asked.

Thank goodness! “Yes, yes I did. Mum and Dad inherited the place soon after my second eldest sister was born. I have four siblings, did I tell you that? I’m the youngest, by a shot. My auntie calls me an after thought, whatever that means. Anyway, we’ve been here since then.” There must be more to say… but I found my mind, again, oddly blank.

“So, you’re the youngest?”

“Yes, by 9 years. I was barely out of trainers when Charlie – he’s my youngest brother, the one right before me, went off to Hogwarts. In a sense I was an only child.” And, again, a blank. This was getting rather frustrating.

“Do your sisters or brothers have children?”

“Oh yes, Cassandra – she’s my oldest sister – she got married right after Hogwarts. They have three of their own – Michael, Peter and Xander. That is, as in, Alexander, though she went through a phase where she wanted to make up a name. Mum thought it was utterly ridiculous. ‘Xander? Who calls their child Xander? No one will know what it means, Cassandra. Really!’ I think Michael is off to Hogwarts next year.

“And then Melanie – my second oldest sister - she’s only had one, but she’s not married. It’s a bit of a scandal. We don’t see her much, but her little boy is a gem, a really prince. His name is Robert, but he looks like a Robbie – a devilish gleam, he has, but the sweetest boy.

“William and Bruce – I ask you, what kind of name is Bruce? Sounds like brutish to me. I suppose it’s appropriate. Bruce is a bit of a bugger. Anyway, neither of them are married. Confirmed bachelors, Mum calls them. I suppose they are getting on a bit to remain single. It’s not like they haven’t had girlfriends. Both of them brought home girls regularly, but none of them stuck, really. And then there’s Charlie. He got married last summer, but no children yet.”

“Do you get together for the holidays – like Christmas or Thanksgiving?”

“Oh yes, we had a lovely Christmas last year – every one came, even Melanie. It was a might small in here, but Dad charmed the basement into some more space-”

“Oh, like the tents?”

“Tents? We don’t have any tents?”

“No, the magical tents. Sir- er – I saw one once. It was bigger on the inside.”

“Oh right, I keep forgetting. You’re not a wizard. Yes, yes, I suppose just like the tents, though I wouldn’t know. We’ve never gone camping.”

“If you came to visit me in Forks I’d take you camping. There’s this really great spot, overlooking the ocean. We could set up camp there, and then walk down to the beach and build a fire and roast wieners and marshmallows.”

Roast wieners and marshmallows? I’d never held much interest for camping. I’d read a bit on it in some of the muggle books. Never sounded like something I’d fancy - the dirt and the mess and inevitably something horrid happened. Why, then, was I suddenly quite anxious to go to this Forks place and set up a tent? Why, when it came from his lips, did it sound completely fascinating? “Sounds… lovely.” And it really did. I could see it, feel the salt air breeze blowing in off the ocean, feel the heat of the fire, not unlike that in the Hufflepuff common room, seated next to Seth, his arm around my waist, my head on his shoulder… I felt my face redden at the thought.

Silence fell again. Awkward silence. Whatever were we going to do all day if I couldn’t find the simplest thing to say to this boy? He must think I’m a nitwit. Another hour of this and he’ll be wishing his… what was Professor Cullen to him? An uncle? “How is it you’ve come to know Professor Cullen? Are you related?”

Seth coughed out a laugh. It wasn’t really that funny! “Uh, no – not related. He is a… um… friend of the family.”

Hmm. Friend of the family. How odd that I didn’t quite believe that. “And so you came all the way over from America to visit a friend of the family? And, you missed your flight so you’re simply going to stay?”

“Uh, yeah. Well, my Sister is here too. She married a wizard – Cedric Diggory.”

“OH, Cedric! I remember him. He was good friends with the Professor’s son, wasn’t he – Edward, right? Oh my, that makes sense now.” My momentary suspicion lifted. “How is Cedric? I miss him. He’s in Hufflepuff, or was I suppose. He was always so nice. Of course every girl in the place was gagging for him, but he never acted like he knew it. He always remembered my name.”

Oh odd. I could swear I just heard a growl. And what is wrong with Seth. He is suddenly, displeased with something. “Are you all right?”

The dark expression faded, “Sure, sure. I’m fine.”

“Say, do you want to go for a walk? I’d love to show you around. I always wandered around the area, ever since I was a little girl. I’d find some lovely stump or grassy knoll and just plop down and read a book.”

“Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Don’t be long – and take care.” Mum called as we headed out.

I hadn’t realized just how tense I’d been feeling until I relaxed into the peaceful stride of the familiar route, down the short lane, and turning suddenly into a field. The path was almost grown over, with none but me to use it and during the school months, not even that. I loved the fresh breeze, the quiet as we left behind the sounds of town and the motorway.

It suddenly occurred to me that I’d told him nearly everything about me, Mum and Dad, but I hardly knew anything about him. Had I been blubbering on like an idiot? Clearly I had. “Terribly sorry, Seth. I’ve not asked you anything about yourself, your home. Tell me, what’s it like back in, er…” What was that name?

“Forks? La Push?”

“Yes, what’s with that – the two names?”

“Well, uh, Forks is the town we leave nearby. I actually live in La Push, a reservation just outside Forks.”

“What is that, precisely?”

“My family and my, ah, people, I guess, have, like, our own town – only it’s not like a town. It’s more like living… in the country, I suppose. Sorta like the place you live, without stores and shops – except where I live there are huge trees and a mountain.”

“Like the highlands of Scotland?”

“I suppose. I’ve never seen the highlands.”

“Oh, well, neither have I actually – only in books.” I admitted.

“So, yeah, it’s a big forest. We live in clearings around the forest.”

“Do you attend school?”

“Well, I’m supposed to be there right now. I missed part of last year ‘cause I was… visiting the Cullens.” He paused and then finished hastily, making me thing he was going to say something else.

“So why aren’t you?”

He shrugged, “’Cause I’m here.” He looked over at me then with that silly smile and that way of looking at me like I was the only thing that existed. It made my insides go gaga, but I didn’t want to look away. “I was s’posed to go, to finish up…” he shrugged again.

“I wouldn’t want you to neglect your studies.” I tried to say as forcefully as I could, and I found that indeed, I actually cared about his studies but I did not wish him to go.

“I’ll do it by correspondence in the fall.”

“Well, in the fall, I’ll go back to Hogwarts… and you’ll have all the time in the world.”

His face grimaced momentarily, as if in pain. “Yeah…” he said as he looked down at his feet, rapidly ascending the nearby hill.

And then, just as suddenly I felt glum as well. I didn’t want to go back to Hogwarts and leave this boy I was just getting to know. I shook my head. We had an entire summer holiday.

As I looked down I noticed his hand at his side. Would he want to hold mine? How did one do this? Would he ask, or just hold my hand? Or, like the romantic novels I’d read, would we find ourselves in some humorous situation where we tripped or knocked heads and then were suddenly touching. I barely had time to consider it, for suddenly we were holding hands and I wasn’t sure whether he’d taken mine, or if I’d been daft enough to take his. But he didn’t pull away and so we walked, hand in hand toward Chantonbury Rings.

** CEDRIC **

It was no surprise that the Cullens had invited Lupin to stay with them. And, by the looks of him, he needed it. The man needed a bath and a shave and a few good meals. His face was more gaunt, aged since I’d seen him last and I wondered if it was only because of Sirius.

“Would you like some more?” Esme offered, spooning out some more lasagna without waiting for Lupin to respond.

“Yes, many thanks.” He replied hastily while he dug into the next helping like a starving man.

I didn’t miss the shared glance between Esme and Carlisle. They were concerned, and wondering what had happened. Of course, Edward would tell them. He’d know as much as we knew and more. We hadn’t seen Lupin much in the last few months before… well before Sirius died. He’d stayed away since our efforts around Valentine’s Day. And after the battle at the Department of Mysteries, things were even more strained between him and Tonks. He’d stayed away as much as ever. And there weren’t many places a man like Lupin could go. The old prejudices ran deep against known werewolves.

“Lupin, where have you been spending your time?” Carlisle asked.

“Making small journeys to the north and the mainland,” he said between bites, “trying to find others of my kind – werewolves.”

“Excuse my ignorance, but how can you tell?” Carlisle asked, “I mean without the heightened sensitivities that come at the full moon.”

He cringed at the casual reference to his affliction. “We usually live on the fringes of civilization, mostly alone, occasionally in pairs, though when we change we’d turn even on those we profess to love.” A dark cloud shrouded his face momentarily. After a moment he shook his head and continued. “Life is hard on us… it makes it easier to find others like me.”

“For Dumbledore?”

“Yes. He hopes we can convince some to join our cause.” He paused. “I’ve not been terribly successful.”

“And in the meantime, you’re starving.” Esme said softly. “Lupin, why don’t you come in more often, get some rest… some food?”

He just shrugged. Esme and Carlisle shared another glance. I could only guess what they were communicating.

A silence fell as we both finished our meals. I set my plate down and left to find Leah as Lupin started his third helping.

“Cedric, if I may,” Edward’s voice called from the stairwell as I passed.

“Sure, what is it?”

“I was wondering if you’d tell me what exactly happened on Valentines Day? You’ve made reference to it several times, but I’m getting only pictures. And Lupin – well, he avoids it all together.”

Of course he’d been reading my mind.

“Yes. I can’t help it. I try to block it out at times, but Carlisle is concerned about Lupin and I am… curious.” He half smiled.

I related the story, how we’d arranged for a three way date – thinking that perhaps all he and Tonks needed was a little push in the right direction. That, and we wanted to celebrate somehow despite our limitations. It hadn’t gone well.

“Somehow that pushed him over the edge.” Edward replied, “His mind wanders back to that night, but he doesn’t allow himself to really think about it. It’s like…” he paused.

“It’s like what?”

“I’m sure you’ve heard by now that there was a time when Bella and I were apart?”

“I don’t know all the details, but I’ve heard a bit – mostly from Leah.”

“I never felt I deserved Bella.” he exhaled sharply in a noiseless laugh, “I didn’t deserve her. Never will. But I was less… resigned then I’ve become. I used to be less sure of her feelings. More sure of myself, of my own wisdom or so I thought. It was foolishness, really. There was an incident, on her 18th birthday. She was almost killed.” He paused, swallowing. “I couldn’t allow her to put herself at risk like that again. I thought, if I left, she’d go on, find someone else, fall in love… live a normal life.”

“So what did you do?”

“I left.” He shook his head. “It’s not something I like to think about. It was very difficult.” He labored under the weight of the words. “In the end, I almost destroyed us both. She was more… attached then I gave her credit for.”

“She loves you.” I said firmly. It was a certainty I’d know from the moment I saw the look pass between them – when she’d fallen at the Yule Ball and he’d caught her.

He smiled, “I should have told you before… another foolishness. I seem to have made a habit of underestimating humans.”

I felt the flush of blood at his complement. “So, what does this have to do with Lupin?” I asked, changing back to the topic at hand.

“I think I can relate. I know what it is to feel like a monster, to feel unworthy. I know what he is going through and what he is fighting… and I also know that the sooner he gives in to it, the happier both he and Tonks will be.”

“But you can talk to him, convince him-”

He shook his head, “It’s not that easy. He’s set in his way. It’s one thing to convince someone to do the right thing. It’s another thing entirely to convince them that they aren’t already doing it. Lupin believes he is taking the high road. He cares for Tonks, deeply. It’s almost all he thinks about. She’s constantly on his mind. I’ve not often seen that level of devotion in humans.”

“So he does love her.”

“Yes, a fact that became all the more certain on Valentine’s Day. That’s why he’s stayed away. He knew then what he felt, and also knew she was falling in love with him. And he won’t allow it. He thinks he can control it… trouble with love, is, it’s not something you can control.”

“Dumbledore said there’s an entire room in the Department of Mysteries dedicated to the study of the greatest power in all the universe, a power so great that the room is locked at all times – love. Do you think that’s true?”

Edward paused a moment before answering quietly, “Yes.”

** EDWARD **

I spent the rest of the day focusing on Lupin’s thoughts, catching snippets here and there – some were memories, many were longings, most centered on Tonks. A few times a thought of Sirius passed through his mind, but the pain was unbearable and he quickly shuffled it off to a place in his mind reserved for such things.

Carlisle had asked me as soon as he caught sight of Lupin to keep an eye on him. It meant I was off Harry duty in the short term. It didn’t make it easy for the others. Carlisle was busy with his research and, after our last visit with Dumbledore, Alice and Jasper had left for the mainland to do some research of their own.

Dumbledore didn’t ask, but he seemed as concerned as Carlisle with all the ties back to the vampire world, ties that seemed come back to the Volturi. It would be foolish for Alice and Jasper to go to Voltarra. Aro wanted Alice desperately for his collection and would be happy to include Jasper as well. But there were places where histories were kept, and stories remembered that Alice and Jasper could find. And, of course, the Romanians with their long memories and their focus steadily kept on Volterra for the past millennia, would be a rich source of information.

That left Emmett and Rosalie who’d proven to be less then reliable lookouts for Harry, and Cedric and Leah.

“I could go,” Bella offered when I expressed my concern that Cedric shouldn’t have to take duty every day.

I swallowed back the wave of panic at the thought, “Carlisle said we should go in pairs.”

“So I’ll go with Jacob… or Emmett, or Rosalie…” She offered.

“I don’t think Emmett or Rosalie would terribly excited by that offer.” I argued. Truthfully, I didn’t want her going anywhere.

“So Jacob then.”

No, no, no… “I think Jacob has been missing Nessie.” I countered.

She raised her perfectly sculpted eyebrow in disbelief.

“Okay, I’m not really concerned about Jacob.” I took a moment to collect my thoughts. She wasn’t going to like this. “I don’t want you going without… appropriate protection.”

“And Jacob isn’t appropriate protection?” She asked in disbelief. “And who says I need protection? Edward, really. You’re being-”

“Bella, I know as well as anyone how we all need protection. This is a different world. We’re not as indestructible as I once felt. And with Death Eaters and other wizards, it wouldn’t take much.”

“Edward, that’s the same for any of us. You, Jacob, Emmett… We’re all facing the same potential threat. Does that mean we sit back and cower in fear? I know you don’t think that, so why so you think I should sit back when I’m as much a part of this as you are.”

I knew this wasn’t going to go well.

“It’s not because it’s Jacob, is it? I mean you much realize that is long past.”

“No,” I shook my head, “No, if anything his imprinting has at least taken that worry away. Though his affection for our daughter is only moderately less annoying.”

She smiled, “He’s a good man. He’ll be good for Nessie.”

“I’m not entirely sure that’s what she wants.”

Bella paused, considering for a moment. Then she turned back to face me sharply, “You’re not changing the subject that easily! We were talking about my being an equal part of this mission and-”

“You are an equal part of this mission,” I cut her off, “More then equal.” I sighed, searching for someway to make her understand. “Bella, we are partners. How would you feel watching me go off into a dangerous situation if you weren’t with me to have my back.”

“You have gone off into dangerous situations…”

“How would you feel?” I insisted.

She scowled as she admitted, “I wouldn’t like it. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it when the situation warrants. I can’t just sit here all day and let others take up the bulk of the work just because you’re on special assignment.”

We were at a stalemate. And even with all my vampire mental abilities, I couldn’t think of a resolution.

“What if we could do both?” she asked hesitantly.

“Do both, how?” I wondered.

“Well, we’re assuming you have to be here to keep tabs on Lupin. What if you don’t.”

“It would take considerable concentration to keep his voice paramount at that distance.”

“No. We’ll bring Lupin with us. I’m sure he’d want to be apart of this as much as any of us. He could come and we could take a day of duty together, the three of us. I’m sure Rosalie and Emmett would be glad to keep an eye on Nessie for a day.”

I was doubtful just how good an eye they would keep on Nessie, but what they missed Jacob would catch. It really was a most ingenious idea. I felt the smile tug at the corners of my mouth. “That’s not a bad idea.”

“It’s a good idea and you know it.” She teased.

“Well, yes – I’ll admit that – as long as you admit something.”

“What?”

“That this fight is over and now is time to make up!” I grabbed her and ran up to our room.

** Alice **

We were in the right place. I knew it. This was where we found them. I looked around the small clearing in the forest along the boarder of Romania. Yep – there was the strange tree with the split trunk three feet from the forest floor, the collection of large boulders as if someone had purposefully piled them long ago and they’d long since fallen into disarray. It was dark and dank in the cloud covered night, but Jasper and I didn’t need the moonlight to find our way. This was the place. Now if those stupid ancients would just show up like they’re supposed to, we can get this over with.

“Anxious?” A wave of calm flowed from the gorgeous vampire beside me. I didn’t need Jasper’s power or Edward’s to know he was nervous and protective. He wasn’t excited about going on this mission. He didn’t trust the Romanians any more then the rest of us. He knew the malice, the hunger for power – and he knew it wouldn’t stop at simply overcoming the Volturi.

“Just impatient,” I said, taking a little leap to give him a peck on his cheek. We didn’t have time for more. They’d be here soon.

He caught me before I landed and pulled me into his strong embrace, “Now that’s a proper kiss!”

“I don’t know…” I toyed, “There wasn’t much proper about that.”

He smiled confidently. He knew how even the simplest kiss affected me, sending shivers down to the tips of my toes. Sometimes having a mate who always knew how you felt was a bit annoying. His expression shifted, raising a curious eyebrow with the change in mood. At least he couldn’t read my mind.

“So, this is going to work.” He said.

“Well,” I hedged, “I’m not entire certain of that. I know we’ll meet. But I can’t see yet if they’ll actually help us.”

“You don’t know?” He asked.

“Not exactly,” I paused, “I mean, I know they’ll be here, and I know the initial exchange will be… okay.” I said. In actual fact, there was a possibility this could go very wrong. Though that option had only presented itself once. And that was when we brought a larger contingent and tried to find them in the ruins of their formal castle. No, here should be more then fine.

“You’re not even sure about the meeting,” he eyed me warily.

“It’ll be fine,” I insisted, willing it to be true. Oh! “It’s time,” I said as I turned, waiting for the two ancients to enter the clearing from the east.

NOTE: Hey all - I'm on vacation now, which should hopefully mean more time to write, but could also mean less frequest internet access... I'll try my best. Thanks to all of you for reading and I hope you enjoy the ride along with me! :-)

ALSO, I just updated my notifications to try and include everyone again in three lists. But the last time I did this, somehow some people got missed. If you were missed, send me a msg and let me know.
Have a happy vacation - I'm sure you've earned it Erica !
Wow ...... a longgggg one ...... yippee ..... off to read it now ....... x x x
I've got to admit here that I chuckled to myself at the awkwardness between Kristina and Seth...
" I hope he didn't think me too forward "
" Had I really caught the Knight Bus .... chased after a boy I'd only met and known for five minutes ... "

" What had gotten in to me ? "

" I looked up again.Still there. A wave of relief and pleasure swept through like a disillusionment charm "
" I smiled "
" He smiled back "

AH - happy memories of days gone by Erica - before shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing,ironing, work. mortgage and kids blur the lines of togetherness. Not that I'd change one moment of our journey through marriage, but those days of it just being the two of you and your dreams were pretty special - sigh !

Good Lord ! Seth has yet to meet her five siblings plus her four nephews...... and

He has yet to mention that he's a werewolf ! The prejudice against such a being is rather strong in the wizarding world. Better have the smelling salts ready once the truth is told. I'm willing to bet that it will even beat the scandal of her sister ( is she a squib ? ) Melanie's little boy, Robbie !

Seth almost slipped up when he mentioned the magic tent that he's encountered with Sirius.
You know Sirius. The werewolf.
Not to be mentioned in polite company - because he's a - werewolf.
Of course it could be worse.
He hasn't yet told her that he's staying with a houseful of vampires.Oh boy .... !!!!!

" How is Cedric ? I miss him "
" Oh, odd. I could swear I just heard a growl "

Still, after the awkward start, they went for a walk on their own, and finally - First Contact - they held hands at last.

Poor Lupin. Tired. Hungry. Miserable. And wretchedly in love with Tonks.
Edward has definitely mellowed since becoming a husband and father, wanting to reach out and help Lupin come to terms with the muddle that he's got his emotions in since the Valentine's Day date. If anyone should know what a waste of time it is to fight against love - it's Edward !

" Dumbledore said there's an entire room in the Department of Mysteries dedicated to the study of the greatest power in all the universe, a power so great that the room is locked at all times -- love "

" Do you think that it's true ? "
Edward paused for a moment before answering quietly ..

" Yes "

Even now that Bella's an immortal, Edward is still over-protective of her, still finding excuses not to let her do things ..... so a quick ' high-five ' to Bella for not letting him change the subject of her going on a Harry watch, and for solving the problem by suggesting that Lupin comes with them.

Now Alice and Jasper are in Romania, trying to make contact with the Romanians again. It's still not long since the stand-off with the Volturi regarding Nessie, and the Romanians didn't get what they wanted out of that little encounter, so maybe they'll be willing to have another go at defeating their old enemies in the coming war.
The inter-action between Alice and Jasper is always special, and their relationship is just as deep as Bella & Edward's - just not so in-your-face !

And now they are about to converse with the two ' Ancients '

Fantastic Erica ( I'm not totally sure that there's much that you can be taught about writing..... ! ) x x x
Thanks for another incredible comment:

I've got to admit here that I chuckled to myself at the awkwardness between Kristina and Seth...
> that part was so fun in my head - the awkwardness of first love the reaching out and then snatching back, fear that you've said or done too much.

AH - happy memories of days gone by Erica - before shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing,ironing, work. mortgage and kids blur the lines of togetherness. Not that I'd change one moment of our journey through marriage, but those days of it just being the two of you and your dreams were pretty special - sigh !
> Oh yeah, don't you know it. I love my boys, but I, too, so miss those days when Eric and I could just take off for a weekend or do our own thing. I was remembering the other day how, when it was just the two of us, we'd go on "dates"... HA! Now I think, what did we need to go on dates for? It was just the two of us. We had a whole appartment to do whatever we wanted...

Good Lord ! Seth has yet to meet her five siblings plus her four nephews...... and
He has yet to mention that he's a werewolf ! The prejudice against such a being is rather strong in the wizarding world. Better have the smelling salts ready once the truth is told. I'm willing to bet that it will even beat the scandal of her sister ( is she a squib ? ) Melanie's little boy, Robbie !
> Well, I think the informing of Kristina will go just fine. Kristina, being a bit of a book worm, has a more open mind then, perhaps, some of her family. I'm not sure when the family will get clued into to this all, but THAT could be very interesting.

" How is Cedric ? I miss him "
" Oh, odd. I could swear I just heard a growl "
> Seth - exibiting a bit of unexpected jealousy.

Still, after the awkward start, they went for a walk on their own, and finally - First Contact - they held hands at last.
> Ah yes - remember when just holding hand was incredible? Why does that change? Or maybe it comes back. Eric's dearly departed grandparents constantly held hands in their later years into their nineties. I wonder what that was like for them.

Poor Lupin. Tired. Hungry. Miserable. And wretchedly in love with Tonks.
Edward has definitely mellowed since becoming a husband and father, wanting to reach out and help Lupin come to terms with the muddle that he's got his emotions in since the Valentine's Day date. If anyone should know what a waste of time it is to fight against love - it's Edward !
> Oh yeah!

" Dumbledore said there's an entire room in the Department of Mysteries dedicated to the study of the greatest power in all the universe, a power so great that the room is locked at all times -- love "
" Do you think that it's true ? "
Edward paused for a moment before answering quietly ..
" Yes "
> Mmmm....

The inter-action between Alice and Jasper is always special, and their relationship is just as deep as Bella & Edward's - just not so in-your-face !
> I really love Alice's and Jasper's relationship. The more I think about it, the more interesting it is - he always knows what she's feeling and she always knows what he's going to do. Interesting dynamic.

And now they are about to converse with the two ' Ancients '
> Ah yes - and there will be some interesting intel coming out of that discussion, let me tell you!

Fantastic Erica ( I'm not totally sure that there's much that you can be taught about writing..... ! )
> Oh, I'm sure there is stuff I don't even know that I don't know. I'm writing an original piece and I sent in my first chapter. I'll get comments back in September and I'm preparing myself for the worst... but it will be good. I'm looking forward to learning more and, hopefully, getting better. But I'm sure I'll need a few ego-boosting moments over the next few months. As one person organizing the program said, "they aren't there to make you feel better - they are there to tell you how to get better." and so I'll have to suck it up and accept that before I start reading their comments.

Thanks Margaret.
Thank you Margaret! I did! :-)
awesome as always. I want more Seth and Kristina

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service