The Twilight Saga

The third story in Twilight-Harry Potter Cross-Over, the Half Blood Vampire follows the Cullens as they become further involved in the world of Harry Potter during the events of The Half Blood Prince. What happens when a rapidly maturing Renesmee and Jacob's wolf pack become more and more connected with the world of wizards? And how is Aro and the Volturi involved with He Who Shall Not be Named and his followers, the Death Eaters? Is it all connected?

If you haven't read the other two, please click here for the first story in the Series, Cullens go to Hogwarts, placed during the Tri-Wizard Tournament or here for Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks for the second book placed during Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn.

Other Fan Fictions by Erica

Actors Hooked on Fan Fiction COMPLETE

Cullens go to Hogwarts COMPLETE
Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks COMPLETE
Eclipse EPOV IN PROGRESS

One Shots:

First Kiss EPOV COMPLETE
Edward Decides to Leave COMPLETE

Chapters in PDF and Hyperlink for The Half-Blood Vampire

HBV Ch 1.pdf   Chapter 1: A New Adventure

HBV Ch 2.pdf   Chapter 2: Just Can't Walk Away

HBV Ch 3.pdf   Chapter 3: Curiosities

HBV Ch 4.pdf   Chapter 4: Where There's A Will...

HBV Ch 5.pdf   Chapter 5: Love Lives and Love Lost

HBV Ch 6.pdf   Chapter 6: History and Biology

HBV Ch 7.pdf   Chapter 7: Young Love, First Love...

HBV Ch 8.pdf   Chapter 8: Hogwarts Recruitment Drive

HBV Ch 9.pdf   Chapter 9: Everything

HBV Ch 10.pdf Chapter 10: Complication

HBV Ch 11.pdf Chapter 11: Should I Stay or Should I go?

HBV Ch 12.pdf Chapter 12: New Week New Accomodations

HBV Ch 13.pdf Chapter 13: Diagon Alley

HBV Ch 14.pdf Chapter 14: Hogwarts Express

HBV Ch 15.pdf Chapter 15: The Sorting Hat

HBV Ch 16.pdf Chapter 16: Meanwhile Back at the Crypt

HBV Ch 17.pdf Chapter 17: First Day of School

HBV Ch 18.pdf Chapter 18: Malfoy Manor

HBV Ch 19.pdf Chapter 19: Life and Death

HBV Ch 20.pdf  Chapter 20: Restless

Tags: Bella, Edward, Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter, Jacob, Renesmee, Twilight

Views: 7343

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay. The past two months have been particularly challenging. Two of my colleagues at work are struggling with illness/injury and it's the busiest time of the year. So I've had a few extra business trips and just helping fill in on top of my regular duties has kept me super busy - and a little stressed which doesn't help my creative process. And I'm into my creative writing class and have regular submissions due for that... anyway, it's been a crazy time. And this part of my life, the part I really truly enjoy, has suffered as a result. I'm sorry!

I've been looking over my schedule and decided I have to carve out regular writing time otherwise you all are going to show up in Kenora and take me hostage... actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea! (LOL) So I'm putting aside my Saturdays for writing. That means I'll at least update regularly, but it won't be like before when I'd update several times a week.

I am so thankful you continue to read this story. It has brought a lot of joy to write and then, the super delux frosting on the top is all your wonderful comments, which I still need to respond to.

Thank you - and Sorry! and I hope you'll continue to stick with the story, despite my delay in posting.

All the best, Erica
Hey Erica, glad to hear that you are going to try and get some writing time in for this story. I love reading your stories and can't wait to read more. Don't make yourself more stressed tho trying to fit time into writing this story do it when you can and we will all be here waiting for you when you post.
Theresa
do not worry post when you can and i think we all will stay around to read your story i know i will
dw.. just take ur time.. no one likes it when people rush their ff and there are a lot of mistakes

:)
Awesome story!! Post more soon please!!!
u need 2 update!!!!!!!
Chapter 15: The Sorting Hat

“Renesmee” Hermione hissed at me as I leapt from the train.

“But...”

“No buts! You are going to miss the boats. You must come or you'll not be able to find Hogwarts again if you leave.” She said anxiously.

I glanced back as she dragged me along. In a few minutes I knew the train would pull away. At least Tonks was with him... Hopefully she'd get to him in time.

“What were you thinking?” She snapped at me as we got into the one remaining board. With a flick of her wand, we wavelessly sped across the surface of the lake toward the group of boats already approaching the other side.

“Harry was still on the train.”

Her face blanched. “What?” she whispered, staring at me wide-eyed.

“I think he'd been knocked out.” I said. “Tonks has him.”

Hermione breathed a sigh of relief. “You shouldn't have put yourself at risk like that!” she said, less firm then before. “Your mum and dad – they're relying on me to look out for you – to take care of you.”

“I think I can take care of myself.”

She paused, considering. “I don't doubt that. But Nessie – you are very special. There are those beyond either or our ability...” She looked up then and whispered, “can you see it.”

And suddenly I could. Where there had been only a dark shadow, a massive castle rose up before us – terrifying and wonderful. I'd only been to the castle once before, arriving by Portkey to Dumbledore's office. But when I'd look back to see it fully, all I saw was a forest of trees beyond the ruins across the ravine.

Now the tangled mass of turrets rose dark into the night sky, light flickering here and there through stained glass windows. I'd never seen anything like it.

“I know.” Hermione gasped. I'd automatically reached out to her face to show her what I saw. I snatched my hand back. I'd have to be more careful about that. Luckily my classmates were just as captured by the view. No one noticed my unusual habit.

Upon docking, Hermione and several other older students, all with the large silver P attached to their chest herded us up to the entrance. Inside was just as I remembered it, massive, stone walls rising up to arching ceilings along large corridors. Hogwarts was like nothing else I'd ever seen, even in books I'd read, even in the images I made up in my mind. We hurried along quickly to a small chamber, but I was still able to catch a glimpse of one of the moving portraits as we hurried past. They'd mostly been asleep when I visited at the beginning of the summer.

“Now, quiet first years... Quiet!” a woman with a tight bun and sharpish nose barked as she clapped her hands. Professor McGonagall's tight lips barely smiled as she glanced around the room. I thought she paused as she saw me through her tiny glasses. I held up my hand to wave but she'd all ready passed over me. Did she recognize me? Perhaps not. The only time we'd met, I'd been only a few months old. And things were pretty intense. Even for me, it was a faint memory.

“In a moment, you'll accompany me into the Great Hall. There you shall be sorted into your houses. Your house is very important. This will become your family. You will live with them, sleep in the dormitories, spend your spare time if you should have any in it's common room. Now, when I call your name you shall promptly seat yourself upon the stool and I shall place the sorting hat upon your head. Once you are sorted you will promptly join your house mates.”

She looked at each of us with those piercing eyes and i knew she'd not put up with any silliness. I stood a little straighter as I waited.

“I hope we're in the same house.” Mandy squeezed my hand.

“Me too.” I gave her a small smile, snatching my hand back before I inadvertently gave myself away.

As Professor McGonagall led us in to the Great Hall single file, I could have sworn we'd stepped outside. The ceiling overhead sparkled with a million stars, obscured here and there by a misty cloud, and closer, thousands of floating candles. Dad had told me about this as the doors to the Great Hall had been closed when we were here last. Still, I was caught off guard.

I turned back in time to see an old worn pointy hat sitting on top of a stool. Was this the sorting had I'd heard about? It looked rather unremarkable. But no sooner had I thought the words when a gap in the seam along the brim opened and the hat spoke:

And here starts another year
So full of joy, so full of cheer
But joy and cheer will be lacking
In the year we're undertaking
I see ahead a darkening sky
I see ahead a fearful time
Threat from afar and from within
Never know which side you're in
Hufflepuff, Gryfindor, Ravenclaw Slytherin
Which house shall you be sorted in?
I think it will matter not
The time ahead, fearfully fraught
Beware these times, of peril near
And cling to those you hold most dear
For will house or family matter
When the world's about to shatter?

The room was silent as the hat finished the poem. Mandy, Sola and I shared a fearful glance. I'd heard about the return of Voldemort, and I had more then enough reason to fear the Volturi, though I knew Dad and Grandpa wouldn't let anything happen. Still, was the world really in danger? Somehow, in the back of my mind, I'd always assumed we could just relocate, go somewhere the danger couldn't touch us.

“Annie Ainsley,” Professor McGonagall called out, drawing my attention back to scene as she read from a long piece of parchment paper.

A small tentative girl made her way up to the front. I felt so sad for her. She looked like she was going to faint as she took her place on the stool. Professor McGonagall placed the worn hat on her head.

“Hmmm....” the hat mused. “Sweet and kindhearted. I know exactly where to put you. Hufflepuff!”

Behind me one of the tables burst into cheers as they welcomed the poor girl with open arms.

“They're a friendly lot!” Bert murmured.

Professor McGonegal continued on through the list of names sorting students in to Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryfindor. As she passed from Cameron Chantley to Elmer Daughtry, I remembered another thing I'd have to get used to.

Renesmee Mason, my adopted name. Ironically, it would have been my name from birth if Dad hadn't been adopted by Carlisle. Of course, I wouldn't have existed at all if that were the case. Anyway, it allowed me to fit in better with my cousins, Cedric and Kristina.

“It will give her instant credibility,” Lupin had said when we discussed it back the Burrow.

“And it won't point the wrong people in her direction,” Dad had nodded, a strange smile on his face.

“Roberta Doherty”

I watched my new friend take a seat on the stool. She scowled slightly at the sound of her full name before the hat descended over her head, covering her face down to her lips.

“Tough one, aren't you. Never back down from a fight. Well, there's only one place for you. Gryffindor!”

Bert gave a single arm pump as the Gryffindor table burst into cheers. She jumped down from the stool and practically ran to the table, pushing into a gap near Hermione that I guessed she had been saving for Harry. She flashed me a quick smile and held up crossed fingers, signally her hope that we'd join her.

I smiled and turned back to see one of the two girls who'd stuck to themselves in the compartment get sorted into Slytherin. She seemed quite pleased. A few individuals later, her friend joined her.

“Well, at least I know where I don't want to be,” I murmured to Mandy as my next friend was called up.

“Sola Kenner.”

She swallowed and gave us a quick panicked look before making her way to the stool. I wondered if she would end up in Hufflepuff like the other timid girl.

“Well, you're a bit of a surprise. Quiet... yes very quiet. But also very smart... and quite a desire to prove yourself. Question is, where to put you... hmm...”

The hat paused for a full thirty seconds as it screwed up the rim like a pair of lips considering what they should say. Finally it announced, “Ravenclaw!”

Sola shrugged at us, but smiled as she was welcomed by her new housemates.

Natasha, Mandy and I stood waiting with the others. I knew my turn was coming soon. What would the hat make of me. Would he know what I am? Would he tell everyone else?

“Renesmee Mason.”

I heard Kristina cheer a little as I took my seat. I suppose Hufflepuff would be fine as well. Cedric was Hufflepuff too. Maybe these things ran in families. The entire Weasley family was in Gryffindor.

Regardless, at least I knew people in three of the houses. Really, the only one I wouldn't want to be in was Slytherin.

“Well, I know what you are.”

The hat's voice was a mermer in my head. Was anyone else hearing all this?

“Extraordinary talent and ability. You're not quite what you seem... but you'd rather others didn't know that. A girl of secrets aren't you? You could fit anywhere, you know, and at nowhere at the same time.”

“Never had anyone quite like you under my brim... it's quite fascinating. You've a darkness to you, and still a nobility. And yet... how to choose, how to choose.”

And then, suddenly, pictures began flying through my mind.

“Ah, yes... quite a talent, quite a talent indeed...”

Faster and faster they flew – memories and dreams and things I'd made up in my head until finally one stopped and held firm. A mountain lion, perched on the edge of a rock cliff about to leap as if to take off in flight. I remembered that particular mountain lion – so beautiful and majestic. It has been the first one I'd taken down. Dad had been so pleased.

“Well, I can hardly argue with that.” the hat mermered before shouting out, “Gryffindor!”

“Yes!” Bert blurted out ahead of the cheering causing a few twitters of laughter from the other houses.

I emerged from under the as if from a dream. How long had I been under there.

“He pegged you right off!” Bert said as I joined her at the table.

“What? It seemed to take forever.”

“Yer kidding, right? McGonagall hardly had time to let the thing settle about yer ears.”

Wow. That was strange.

Across the table, Ginny smiled at me and joined Hermione and Ron in welcoming me to their house. I guess if they'd heard everything the hat said to me, Hermione, at least, would be all worried and stressed.

As the sorting progressed, Mandy and Natasha joined us at the table. And when I turned to see how Sola was doing, she was already deep in discussion with two other girls at her table. Perhaps the hat knew what it was doing.

After Janice Zimmerman had been sorted into Ravenclaw, Dumbledore clapped his hand and suddenly the scent of freshly cooked foot hit my nose. All along the table, dishes that had been empty suddenly filled with buns and roasted chicken, corn, potatoes, and all sorts of other things I couldn't recognize. It smelled good, but still, I wrinkled my nose, missing the other scent that so often had accompanied my meals. Blood.

And then, there it was. Faint, but still appetizing. My mouth watered.

“Where've you – blimey, what've you done to your face?” Ron said, staring up past me. I turned my head to see Harry Potter hurrying down the row between us and Ravenclaw. His nose was red with mostly dried blood crusted between it and his top lip.

“Why, what's wrong with it?” Harry grabbed a spoon and squinted at it.

“You're covered in blood!” Hermione exclaimed and, a second later looked over at me, her wand at the ready. Really! Did she think I was going to attack him right here over a little dried blood?

“Come here!” she turned back to Harry and , with a flick she said, “Tergeo!”.

Instantly the scent was gone.

“Thanks,” Harry said, passing his hand over his face, “How's my nose looking?”

“Normal.” Hermione replied, “Why shouldn't it? Harry, what happened, we've been terrified.”

“I'll tell you later,” Harry snapped back and I quickly looked away as he glanced around at the others in the house who'd grown silent, trying to listen in. As best I could, I'd try to give others their privacy. I could overhear every one of the hundreds of conversations going on in the hall. It was more then a bit overwhelming. I wished I could block them out completely, but if I concentrated on one thing, like talking with my friends, at least I wasn't actively hearing everyone else as well. It suddenly struck me what Dad must go through all the time. Except his hearing was even better then mine and he could hear people's thoughts as well.

Suddenly the voices went away. I looked up to see Dumbledore standing at the staff table.

“The very best of evenings to you!” he said, smiling broadly as he opened his arms in greeting.

The gasps and comments of a thousand students filled my ears at the sight of his blackened damaged hand, the one Grandpa had tried is his best to convince Dumbledore to amputate, but he'd refused.

“Nothing to worry about,” Dumbledore said, answering the room of questions as he covered his hand with his long gaping sleeve. “Now... to our new students, welcome; to our old students, welcome back! Another year full of magical education awaits you...”

The murmuring in the hall began to crowd his voice. I concentrated to listen to his speech.

“... and Mr Filch, our caretaker, has asked me to say that there is a blanket ban on any joke items bought at the shop called Wealsey's Wizard Wheezes.” He smiled faintly at that.

“Those wishing to play for their house Quidditch teams should give their names to their Heads of house as usual.”

Bert squirmed beside me in excitement. I was quite sure Harry was about to be bombarded.

“We are pleased to welcome a new member of staff this year. Professor Slughorn.” The large bald man I'd seen and heard on the train stood up. He seemed arrogant to me. Dumbledore continued, “is a former colleague of mine who has agreed to resume his old post of Potions master.”

“Potions?”

“Potions?”

The word echoed around the hall a thousand times. Ron and Hermione looked at each other and then to Harry, “But you said-”

“Professor Snape, meanwhile,” Dumbledore continued, a little louder, speaking over the din of students questioning the change in teachers. “will be taking over the position of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.”

“No!” Harry said a little too loudly. Several turned toward him.

“I heard Professor Snape has vanted zis position for many years,” Natasha whispered to me. “My father says he iz not to be trusted. He has a has uh... a history in the dark arts.”

“That's right,” Mandy whispered, “I heard he was a Death Eater.”

Natasha nodded, “Only Dumbledore's word kept 'em out of Azkaban.”

I stared up at the two men. Snape did look terribly triumphant... a little too pleased.

Dumbledore cleared his throat to bring us back to his attention. “Now, as everybody in this Hall knows, Lord Voldemort and his followers are once more at large and gaining in strength.”

The few remaining conversations ceased. The hall was silent.

“I cannot emphasize strongly enough how dangerous the present situation is, and how much care each of us at Hogwarts must take to ensure that we remain safe. The castles' magical fortifications have been strengthened over the summer, we are protected in new and more powerful ways, but we must still guard scrupulously against carelessness on the part of any student or member of staff. I urge you, therefore, to abide by any security restrictions that your teachers might impose upon you, however irksome you might find them - in particular, the rule that you are not to be out of bed after hours. I implore you, should you notice anything strange or suspicious within or outside the castle, to report it to a member of staff immediately. I trust you to conduct yourselves, always, with the utmost regard for your own and each other's safety.”

He looked around the still room seriously for a moment. Then, with a smile, he continued, “But now, your beds await, as warm and comfortable as you could possibly wish, and I know that your top priority is to be well rested for your lessons tomorrow. Let us therefore say goodnight. Pip pip!”

There was a roar of movement. Hermione rushed to guide us new students out the large arching door to the marble staircase.

As I recalled, the various sections moved randomly. Finding which one to get on was completely guesswork. It would be easy enough to simply leap from landing to landing, except for how it would look to the others. So I followed along with the others, pausing when the staircase moved, and continuing on up until we got to the large portrait of the fat lady dressed in pink.

“Ah, a new set of first years. How lovely.”

“Hi,” Hermione greeted the portrait, “I'm just showing them to their new home.”

“Of course, of course. I trust you have the password?”

“Fliberty-gibbit” Hermione said.

The lady nodded and suddenly the portrait moved out of the way, revealing a hole. Leading the way, Hermione scampered through.

Not long after, we were settled in a circular room high up in one of the turrets. Bert, Mandy, Natasha and I were curled up in our beds. Just like the others, my trunk was set at the end of my bed with my belongings. I smiled as I lay back in my bed. I might not be just like the others, but I felt like I belonged.

I wondered what the next days would bring, what I might learn, what I might become. Then I thought of Mom and Dad, Aunt Rosie, Uncle Emmett... Grampa and Gramma, Auntie Alice and Uncle Jasper. This was the first night I'd ever spent away from them. What were they doing now?

Then I thought of Jacob.

Was he out there now?

And why did my heart suddenly ache?

“Nessie?”

I turned to Natasha, relieved for the distraction. “Yes.”

“When ze hat was on you – did you hear... did he... talk to you?” she whispered.

“What do you mean?”

“Zat hat... he knew me... he knew zat...” she sighed. “Never mind. Good night, Nessie.”

“Night.”
Great !!!
YAY nessie is in Gryffindor :D
The Hat done Good !!!!
Back later o comment, but had to have a sneaky look when I saw you'd posted.... x x x x
what did the hat know!! aaah! I loved the chapter!! I can't wait for nessies lessons to begin!! will she be good like hermione was?? or will she be like harry and ron at the begging?? If i was her i would want to receive owls from the cullens..i don't understand why she asked them not to. Remember that vampire at slughorn's christmas party? I wonder who will he be?maybe eleazar? or someone nessie doesn't know?
great work erica! i'm glad you still take the time to write evenn though your so busy :))
Woohoo! Looking forward to when lessons start.
what is she hiding??? she's not from russia right??? like krum>??? does she have anything to do with the headmaster there??? i forgot his name. the one who's also a death eater... curious curious curios....

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service