The Twilight Saga

Preface

As Bella sat staring out her bedroom window life continued on as if no one was aware of her broken heart.  She really had no concern for what time of year it was or what the world was doing outside her bedroom window; the only thing on her mind was Edward and why he had chosen to leave her.  She had loved him with her whole heart and every fiber of her being but it hadn’t been enough he left her anyway.  She had tried to lie and convince herself that she had been better off without him but she knew the truth.  The truth was she would never be the same, could never be the same without him. So instead of venturing out to start a new life and moving on as everyone had told her to she sat curled up in her chair and watched life go on outside her window trying to live the memories they had shared.   Alice had been by her side and had tried to tell her that Edward loved her and that the only reason he had left was because he had honestly thought it was best for her, safer for her.  Bella blamed herself for everything that had went wrong and she blamed herself for the fact that in the end he had gotten himself killed anyway.   He had left leaving her behind and not only that but he had tried to take everything that would remind her of him, but he couldn’t take her heart.  Her heart remembered every touch, every kiss and every moment spent with him and she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loved her, had always loved her.  With that knowledge she and Alice had ran as fast as possible to Italy to try and stop him from making the most ultimate of sacrifices but they had been too late.  He had stood in the middle of the plaza in the glaring high noon sun amid thousands and thousands of humans as they sat, stood and froze at the vision before them.  Edward in the sunlight had been beautiful, magnificent.  He was like a god, with rainbow shards glimmering on the sidewalk and reflecting off the windows, sparkling like a diamond.   Of course the Volturi couldn’t let that happen so he had been seized immediately and taken beyond the palace gates to never be seen again.  The crowds began to murmur but in the end they had been led to believe that it had all been an illusion, a trick of the brilliant  sunlight.  Bella and Alice had arrived just a minute too late.  As they had raced as fast as they could down the corridors and up the winding steps that led them to the colorless, cavern like room that held him they could hear his tortured screams as his life ebbed away.  As they barged into the room they saw him lying in the floor with his life already gone, his body a crumbled heap on the floor.  Bella had held what was left him in her arms and cried hysterically begging for someone, anyone to bring him back to her for she knew she could live without many things but to live without the hope of ever seeing him again was impossible.  She had already tried to live without him once and it hadn’t worked and she knew it wouldn’t work now for now all hope was gone, dead in her arms.  Here she sat on the cobblestone floor with the pieces of her one true love in her arms knowing that from that moment forward she would never see his tousled bronze hair, his crooked smile or the love that would shine so bright in his eyes that it was impossible to see anything else.    She had held him until the guards had taken him away and she smelled the fire and knew that her life as she had known it was over.   So now here she was a lifeless entity with no thought of living but just barely existing.  She was a shell of the person she had once been.  She asked herself every day how had it ended like this?  How was she supposed to go on now?  She had given up on life and only wanted to live in her dream world where Edward was as alive as he had ever been.  As she drifted further and further away Edward watched her and ached to ease her pain.  He only asked for one more day with her or even just an hour he just needed to take her pain away.  He too blamed himself for everything that had happened and only wanted to tell Bella that somehow, someway everything would be okay, that she would be okay.

Edward never intended to enter Bella’s room, but he could see her curled up on her bed with tears still drying on her cheeks.  She was clutching an old Harvard sweatshirt that had once been his.  He was drawn inside by the very smell of her drifting through the open window; how many times had he been here before?  How many nights had she left her window cracked for his late night entries?  He wondered if she did this out of habit or in hope that he would somehow come back.  He quietly swung his legs over the window seal and lowered himself soundlessly inside.  The room was exactly as he remembered it.  The soft sweet floral scent of her lingered in the air and just seemed to pull him in.  He could see her Chap Stick and hair clasps strewn on the vanity; she had never been very organized.   He laughed as the memories filled his mind, Bella looking for her keys or searching for her i-pod.  As he continued to scan the room his gaze settled on a corner shelf and he felt his chest tighten.  It wasn’t the deep blue corsage from prom or the crumbled movie tickets from their one and only attempt at a normal date nor was it the baseball from their very first date but it was the 5 x10 framed photos.  He could see Bella in his mind’s eye chewing on her bottom lip and how she had objected to having her picture taken.  He had tried to take everything that might cause her unnecessary pain when he left but Bella had clung to every memory like a lifeline.  He could see the rocking chair where he had sat so many nights and watched her sleep.  How many times had he sat in that very chair and wished to be a part of her world rather than his own?  He crossed the room and saw his Cullen family baseball cap on her bed post.  He realized that there were traces of him everywhere, as if she refused to let him go.  He quickly gathered all these left over reminders and placed them beside the window as if their absence would wash away all memory of him.  He had been wrong to think that she would ever let go or forget so easily.  He now stood by her bedside and watched the soft moonlight illuminate her perfect face.  He could see the faint tracks where her tears had fallen before sleep had finally taken over.  His poor Bella, she would always be his Bella and it made his very being ache to see her in such turmoil.  Edward tried to imagine what it would be like to never see her again, to envision her with someone else but the vision just wouldn’t come.  He couldn’t think of her as anything but his, she would always be his.  He just couldn’t fathom not knowing or remembering her.  He continued to stand at her side mesmerized by the rise and fall of her uneven breathing and the beauty that was Bella.  She began to toss and turn, tangling the sheets and he could see pain radiating from every pore of her body.  He heard her call his name as if what was left of her heart was breaking into tiny fragmented slivers that would never be put back in quiet the right place again.  He thought of Adrianna the angel of time and memory maybe she was right it would be better for everyone to forget.  He could not bear to see Bella in such turmoil and unending pain, if forgetting would heal her and make her whole then that was what he would do.  He touched the small flask in his pocket and the leather pouch that she had given him and he knew what he had to do.  As he stood and lovingly watched her, trying to memorize every facet of her face and ever sigh and moan that escaped her lips she slowly opened her lovely brown eyes.  She blinked twice and then smiled a radiant smile that shone brighter than the sun. 

“This dream is much nicer than the other ones.”

He smiled as he walked to the edge of her bed and knelt by her side, to clasp her hand firmly in his. He saw the life sparkling back into her once dull eyes.  She smiled so serenely and so lovingly it made him ache for what he knew would come next.   

“Bella, love I have missed you so.”

“Oh Edward I can’t even put into words how much the absence of you has turned my world upside down leaving a huge hole where my heart should be.”

Edward cringed as the words fell freely from her sweet lips.  He knew that Bella had no reason to censor her words she would never lie to him, unlike the blasphemy that had poured out of his mouth when he had left.  He regretted the harm he had caused her and would gladly do it over again if he could but he knew that would never happen.   He drew a ragged breath and tried to form the words that he needed to say.

“Bella please listen for I do not have much time.  I need to share some things with you and I hope that you understand and that somehow you will remember that you once knew a boy who loved you more than life itself.”

Edward could see the look of confusion filling her eyes and worry knitting her brow.  As she gazed into his eyes she pulled on her bottom lip and he knew she was already fretting about what he had to say.  She reluctantly nodded her head and waited for him to continue. 

“Bella I know when I leave here tonight you will have no memory of me or this conversation but I still feel the overwhelming need to explain and apologize for the things that I caused to happen.  I have always loved you even before I knew you I loved you.  I spent my entire existence waiting for you.  I was wrong for thinking I could walk away from you and I am so sorry for the pain I caused you.   I want you to know that nothing that happened was your fault if there is any blame it falls solely on me.  I made my decisions and I alone am to blame for what came next.  My love for you was so vast that nothing could measure the depth of my love for you.  Bella before you my life was a cold, dark and miserable place and then you came along and pulled me out of the darkness that had become my life. It was you brought my cold dead heart back to life and at times it was as if I could hear it beating.  I knew I should have left before things went too far but I wasn’t strong enough to leave you or to deprive myself of your company so I stayed.  I am so sorry that my selfishness has caused you so much pain.”

Edward had to stop before he came completely undone and became a blubbering mess.  He rested his head on the edge of the bed and felt Bella’s butterfly soft touch as she began to run her fingers through his tousled hair.  He marveled at the exquisite feel of her hand and knew that was just one of the many things he would be missing tomorrow.  She began to mummer soft words of love and comfort in his ear and he could feel the warmth of her breath and the touch of her lips grazing his skin.  Edward struggled to lift his head and see her troubled eyes looking expectantly at him. 

“Bella promise me something.”

He waited as she looked at him and nodded her head.  Edward knew she wouldn’t remember him come morning but maybe she would be able to somehow keep this promise.

“Love please don’t stop living.  You have to promise me you will get up each day and take whatever cards are dealt and make the most of whatever this life has to offer.  I want you to believe in the gift of love.  I know when I leave you tonight that all our memories will fade and our life together will be no more than a dream that never came true, our lives as we have known them will be over.  I know that time will pass and life will go on, but Bella my heart will remember when you were mine and my heart will not let me forget.  I know that if there is any possible way for my spirit to come back to this earth that I will find my way back to you. I love you always your name and memory will be etched in my heart for eternity and beyond and I will find my way back to you.”

Edward raised Bella’s hand to his lips and gently pressed them to each of her fingers, then her palm.  He slowly made his way up her neck until he found her mouth that was parted waiting to meet him half way.  He savored the feel of her lips and the teasing of her anxious tongue as it assaulted his.  He felt very much alive as if a million tiny fireworks were exploding behind his closed eyelids and the sensations that ran through his body had him shivering in want.  Edward struggled to bring this life altering kiss to an end even though it was the last thing he wanted to do.  He carefully pushed Bella away and let her head fall to rest on his chest.  As he held her close he felt the rapid beating of her heart and the shallow breaths she now drew in and out.  She raised her head slightly and looked at him questioningly. 

“Edward I know this is a dream, your lips are so soft and warm and the touch of your hand so soothing as if you’re taking all my pain away.”

He sighed and drew her closer to his chest so she would not see the truth hiding in his eyes.   Edward never wanted her to feel an ounce of pain ever again.  He knew she had endured enough for a lifetime already.  He would not let her continue to suffer because of him and his poor judgment. 

“Bella, my Bella I love you so much and it is for you I am doing the unthinkable.  Please try to get up each day and put one foot in front of the other and see where this new life takes you.  You just have to breathe in and out and know that there will always be someone out there who always has and always will love you.”

He eased her back on her pillows and stood beside her bed.  She was watching him as silent tears began to fall down her face.  He held out his hand to catch one and clutched it in his fist as if that would thrust all her pain onto him.  He would leave until she fell asleep.  He slowly made his way to the window before glancing over his shoulder.

“Edward please come back I don’t want to be alone anymore.  Just don’t go until I have fallen asleep.”

He could see her outstretched arms reaching for him.  That one simple request was all that it took and he was by her side.  He lay beside her and held her close to his heart.  He would do this one thing for her before he left, he would stay until sleep came.

“Love close your eyes and go to sleep. “

He lost all track of time as he closed his eyes and tried to ingrain every memory firmly in his mind.  He would not let himself forget one second of his life with Bella. He had no idea how long it was before she drifted off to sleep.  He lay perfectly still beside her and listened to her strong heart beat until her breathing evened out and her soft mummers fell silent.  The time had come.  He rose from the bed and gripped the pouch in his hand.   Edward quickly before changing his mind shook the memory dust in the air and watched as it fell on Bella’s sleeping body.  He could see the tiny particles floating like tiny dust fairies in the shimmering moonlight.  He knew in the morning any memory or idea she had of him would be forgotten forever. Edward could hear her talking in her sleep and calling out for him.  The hardest thing he had ever done was turn away from his heart and walk to the window.  He gathered up all reminders of the past before looking over his shoulder one last time.  He drank in the sight of his Bella, his love, the only heaven he ever wanted to know.   He pushed himself off the window ledge and landed softly on his feet already running to the forest.  He found a place to stop and he took the flask out of his pocket.  He knew that Adrianna would be here soon and that he had to finish this.  He removed the cork and turned the bottle up and drained the dark, bitter liquid it held inside.  It took his breath away as he felt a burn going down his throat and then back up again.  He had never felt such pain not even as a new born.  He threw the empty flask watching as it shattered into the bushes.  He cursed the vile fluid that by the light of the morning sun would have erased all memory of his heart.

“Edward come we have to leave.”

He looked up to see Adrianna standing before him.  She was so graceful and beautiful in a majestic kind of way.  When she took him in her arms and unfolded her golden wings it was mind altering.  She was indeed a sight to behold.  She took off and within seconds they were in Heaven’s gates.  Edward looked around and nothing had changed it was just as it had been earlier.  He could see the streets of gold, he could hear choirs of angels singing the most beautiful hymns ever written but amid all the beauty and perfection he still missed his Bella.  He hadn’t been sure what to expect but he knew that at some point Bella would be gone from him forever. 

He looked at Adrianna waiting to see what was to become of him now.  As her eyes rested on Edward he could see mercy and pity shine in her angel’s eyes. 

“Edward you know that I am the angel of time and memory.  I don’t think you really understand what that means but I am going to explain it to you.  When you went to Italy and begged to be killed I was watching you.  Bella and Alice raced to get to you but they arrived too late.  I watched as Bella held your broken body in her arms.  She was devastated and she pleaded and begged for someone to give back her Edward.  I heard her cries and that is why I brought you here.  I feel that even though your heart had ceased to beat it was still a good heart and you Edward were a good person. I think you lived an honorable life despite the circumstance you found yourself in.   I feel that had you been able to live your life you would have been a selfless person who would have changed the world for the better.  It is for these reasons that I think you deserve a second chance.  I had to be sure that you had Bella’s best interest at heart, so I sent you to see her and to see if you would be unselfish.  I know how you wanted to leave and not enter her room but you did it for her.  I know how hard that was for you seeing her like that and then to talk to her and touch her for the last time and yet you never faltered you did the one thing that broke what was left of your heart.  You chose to make Bella’s life better even though it meant her forgetting you completely.  I gave you the potion that at first light will wipe your memory clean, at that time I am sending you back to earth for a second chance to be human.  I hope you are able to have a chance at love, happiness and the life you were meant to have because you Edward Anthony Masen deserve it.  Good luck Edward now sleeps and when morning comes go and find your place in the world for no foot print is too small to leave its mark.”

He watched as she began to sparkle so bright he had to cover his eyes and then in a shower of light she was gone.  He had so many unanswered questions.  He didn’t see how he could possibly not remember Bella and even if his human mind forgot he vowed that some way, somehow he would find her again.

He fought to stay awake to not close his eyes but eventually he lost the battle and he succumbed to the effect of the potion.  He closed his eyes as visions of Bella filled his dreams.

Views: 2688

Replies to This Discussion

SSSSAAAAARRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!!! *tackle hugs you* I caught up literally a minute before I posted this and my god I missed A LOT! More please please please please please!

~Loving reader

RJ

Hi RJ

Thanks for reading and I am so glad you liked it! I am working on the next update now and hope to have it up today or tonight. Thanks so much for liking it.

Hugs

Sarah

Amazing!!
Thank you Mariah
Hugs
Sarah

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

UTNIL WE MEET AGAIN

As the darkness filled the warm spring sky Edward wondered what tomorrow would bring. He watched Bella as she laughed with Renee about one of their many road trips discovering America in the least likely of places. She looked so happy and carefree as she pushed her shrimp around her plate pretending to eat. He glanced at his watch and saw that it was time for his talk with Charlie and Renee.  He pushed his chair back from the table as he cleared his throat. He waited as everyone focused their attention on him.

"Renee I need to borrow you for a minute and Phil I need you to keep Bella company."

Bella raised a questioning eye at Edward. "Why so secretive?"

Edward leaned toward her and dropped a kiss on her cheek. "Good things come to those who wait."

Renee followed Edward through the sliding glass door.  She looked at Edward expectantly.

"So Edward what's all this about?"

"I need to talk to you and Charlie together so if you don't mind I need to use your laptop."

Renee could see the look in his eyes and she could feel the tears welling up. She nodded mutely and ran out of the room. Edward walked around the room and took in the pictures scattered here and there of a young curious Bella. He smiled at the stubborn set of her jaw at the age of six and the beautiful smile of a young woman leaving her mom for a different life. He could see the little potted cactus in her hands as she stood at the airport terminal with a wistful look in her chocolate brown eyes. He was certain that she had never imagined what was in store for her once she arrived in Forks.  He turned as he heard a composed Renee enter the room with laptop in hand. He could see her as she set it up and within seconds she was chatting amicably with Charlie about mundane things like the weather. He heard Charlie mention the unusual rain that had appeared mixing in with the sunshine and the rainbow that had filled the sky. Edward found it rather odd that it occurred at the exact same time as the rain that had singled them out. He crossed the room and sat down beside Renee. He ran his sweat slicked hands on his pant leg and smiled at Charlie and plunged in head first to the most important conversation of his life.

"Hello Charlie thanks for joining us tonight. I know you’re both wondering what this is all about so I'll just spit it out. Charlie I know you don't trust me and for good reason but let me say that I am so sorry for putting Bella through the pain and heartache that my absence caused. Hurting Bella was never my intention and I swear I will spend the rest of my life making that up to her and if I ever hurt her again by all means Charlie kick my ass. I love your daughter and I know I can make her happy, give her a good life and I will cherish her until the end of my days. I am asking you both for the privilege to ask for Bella's hand in marriage."

Edward could see the look on Charlie's face and the tears in Renee's eyes. He waited for some response and he held his breath in anticipation of what Charlie would say at any moment.  He could see Renee turn her face to hide her tears. 

“Edward I really wish I could tell you that I hate you and that hell would freeze over before you marry my daughter but I can’t do that.  I know that Bella loves you and she wants this so with a heavy heart I give you my blessing but it is because I want all of Bella’s dreams to come true and obviously you’re part of that dream. With that being said Edward please know my memory is long and if you ever hurt her like that again I will not be so forgiving.”

Edward nodded his head as Renee cleared her throat. “Edward before you came here I was sure I would despise you and hate you forever but I see the way you look at my baby and I know you love her.  I know you will make Bella happy and that is all I ever want for her so I too give you my blessing.”

Edward could feel the air rushing past his lungs and he smiled. “Charlie, Renee thank you both so much for trusting me with your daughter’s happiness and I promise I will not let you down.  Bella is my life now and everything I do will be for her, for us.”

“I am holding you to that Edward.”

“Yes sir. I will leave you two to discuss things.  I really need to get back outside with Bella.”

Edward could see Bella through the sliding glass door and he walked a little faster at the sight of her anxious face.  He sat down beside her and reached for her hand as Phil stood to his feet to leave.

“If you kids will excuse me I am going to join my wife.”

“Good night Phil.”

Phil nodded to Bella and Edward as he made his way inside.  Edward pulled Bella close to his side and dropped a kiss on her rosy cheek. “Come take a walk with me.”

Edward stood to his feet and offered Bella his hand. He could see the reserved look on her face as if she were reliving some distant memory that brought her intense pain.  She looked at him and sighed. “This sounds familiar so if you’re going to leave me than just do it already.”

Edward’s jaw dropped at her heated words and he remembered the walk in the woods and him lying through his teeth.  He had hurt her and she actually thought he was going to do it again.  He had failed her and he had no idea how to take it back; if only he could get a do over but that only worked when you were three and learning well everything. 

“Bella I am not leaving I just thought we could enjoy our last night here with a walk along the beach.”

He could see the dark crimson tinting her pale cheeks as she nodded without saying a word.  He took her hand and gently pulled her out of the chair.  He was watching every expression as it passed her face like a speeding locomotive on a downhill track.  He had been so sure she would want to spend forever with him but maybe he was wrong; maybe it was too soon and the memories too much to move past. They reached a secluded area of the otherwise packed strip of sand that was jumping with active and full of laughing happy people some old some young but all very much in love or in love with the idea of being in love.  Edward could see the doubts and questions flashing like the stars in the ink black sky and he swallowed over the lump in his now dry throat.  He wanted this so badly but something had changed and he wasn’t sure what but he was certain that Bella would say no if he asked her to marry him now.  His mind was flying faster than the speed of light as his life, their life flashed like a movie reel in his head.  He could see his dark, brooding face as he walked past her in the cafeteria and then as he saw her enter biology, the images passed faster, that night in Port Angeles, the walk in the woods, her face as they lay in the meadow, the baseball game, James, her broken crumpled body, prom, a summer so perfect he never thought it would end until one tiny paper cut ruined it all.  The bleak, hopeless days that followed filled his mind’s eye as he drifted further and further away from Bella as if all sense of life, love and happiness was a distant memory almost as if he had dreamt it all and he had nothing left but a dream that could never be was all that he had left to hold on to.  He was now seeing his body as it lay in pieces at Bella’s feet as she cried and begged for a second chance, for someone to save her Edward.  The images were blurring now as he saw his face blank as he searched for a name with no face but a feeling of love that he couldn’t ignore and finally the moment he saw his future in those warm as melted chocolate brown eyes.  He grew still and he knew in every fiber of his being that something had shifted in the grand scheme of things. He lightly touched the ring in his pocket and remembered his mother’s voice as it surrounded him like a heavenly whisper in the warm night wind, ‘You’ll know when the time is right.’ Edward knew that the time wasn’t right so he would hold her and reassure her that he wasn’t going anywhere.   When she lost the look of a wild stallion ready to run then he would ask her.

************************

Charlie closed the laptop and prayed he was making the right decision here.  He knew Bella loved Edward or that she thought she loved him but he couldn’t help but wonder if this was just young love that would eventually die out on its own.  He only wanted his little girl to be happy with a love that would never end.  He could still remember how in love he and Renee had been when they had first met but they had been so young and their love to fragile to last.  He liked to think if he had been patient and waited until they had grown up that maybe when he had asked her to marry him she would have been ready for the commitment that went with saying I do.  He knew in his heart that she had loved him and he liked to believe that in some small place in her heart she loved him still. 

He walked through the empty house and began to turn off the lights as images of Bella as a young child filled his head.  Her young bright eyes that held so much knowledge that was well beyond her tender age. He could hear her young stubborn voice as she refused to spend another summer in Forks the rainiest place on earth.  Then the summer trips as far away from here as she could get and finally the day she stepped off that plane and his life had changed forever.  This house had finally felt like a home as they fell into a routine and the halls had filled with laughter and his life somehow seemed to make sense again.  He shivered as a chill ran up his spine at the thought of what his life would be like when she left for college, married Edward and stared a life that didn’t include him except for the phone calls that would come late on Sunday nights more out of duty than love.  He hated that all too soon he would be an afterthought when Bella would always be the greatest accomplishment in his otherwise poor excuse of a life.  She had come here and changed his life and he wasn’t sure he could go back to the quiet, empty house with whispers of what had once been his life for such a short while. He could feel the tears rolling down his face and hoped that the morning light would chase away the shadows of melancholy. 

Charlie made his way to his room and closed the door with a heavy heart.  He moved to the bed and slowly changed his clothes before climbing in the unmade bed.  As he turned the bedside lamp off he paused and ran a finger over the framed photos of Bella as a baby, a sulky ballerina, her first day of junior high and then her and Edward at prom.  He swiped the tears away and prayed for daylight to come soon.  

**********************

Elizabeth and Edward watched as the clock struck eleven and they knew they had only a short time left.  They blinked and were suddenly standing in the Cullen’s foyer. Elizabeth could see Alice pacing by the window and muttering as Jasper, Emmett and Carlisle played video games while Rose and Esme sat at the dining room table looking through fashion magazines.  Elizabeth cleared her throat and Alice was by her side in an instant and everyone else was close behind her. 

“Elizabeth you came back.  I thought I was going to have to come and find you.”

Elizabeth laughed softly at Alice’s indignant face. “I don’t think you could have found us where we were.”

Alice tapped her foot impatiently. “Ok so please tell me what all the secrecy is about.  I don’t do patient very well and you’re killing me here.”

Esme placed a hand on Alice’s arm.”Dear try to be calm and let Elizabeth and Edward catch their breath.  I am sure they will tell us what they need to soon enough.”

Alice nodded her head and took her place next to Jasper.  She was surrounded by her family and she wondered why she felt so out of sorts.

Elizabeth wondered if the Cullen’s would choose to be human or remain immortal.  She knew her reasons for wanting them to choose mortality were selfish but she wanted Edward to have a normal, full and happy life.  She knew that if they chose wrong that he would always fill an unexplainable void in his heart where they had once been.  Elizabeth watched their faces as her husband began to speak.

“Ok Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rose, Esme and Carlisle we have some exciting news for you.  You all know that Edward was given a second chance to be human and we had the opportunity to return as well after our mission was complete.  However due to the Volturi we feel that mortality is not the best option for Edward.  We instead used our wish to offer mortality to each of you.”

As Edward’s words hit them she could see incredulous looks mixed with wonder and doubt.  Rose looked as if she might burst with anticipation for what was to come and Emmett smiled lovingly down at her shiny happy face.  Jasper was trying to contain a bouncing Alice as she jumped in to his open arms.  Esme and Carlisle smiled at one another and nodded without saying the words out loud.

Edward stood before each one of them and asked the question. “Alice what is your decision?”

Alice looked at Jasper and he nodded his head. “I choose to have this wonderful second chance.”

Edward handed her the flask with the vile potion inside. He made his way around the room and after all had chosen to return as humans and he had handed them the potion he explained what would happen next.

“This is very important. You will have no memory of this life or any knowledge of this dark underworld of vampires or shape shifters.  When the sunrises in the morning you will have new memories Esme you and Carlisle will be the adoptive parents of Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rose and Edward.  Carlisle you will be a doctor at Forks hospital, Esme you will be a highly sought after interior designer, Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rose you along with Edward will be students at Forks High School. “

Elizabeth glanced at the clock.  It was 11:45 and the time was drawing to an end.  She looked at Esme.  She crossed the room and took her hand. “Esme you will not remember any of this tomorrow but I am leaving a book and a letter here for you.  I only ask that you make sure Edward knows that he was loved by his parents very much and that they gave their lives to save him.  I am entrusting you with my heart and all I ask is that you continue to love, guide and protect him throughout his life.  I will see you all again until them be safe, happy and take care of each other.”

Esme squeezed Elizabeth’s hand and smiled. “I will never let him forget you and thank you so much for this chance to be human and to live a normal life.  Until we meet again I will love and café for Edward every day of my life.”

Edward looked at his watch. “Ok its 11:59 drink the potion and when you wake you will have a new life of chances and possibilities.”

Elizabeth and Edward watched as they drained the flask and one by one they closed their eyes and sleep took over.  Elizabeth placed the book and letter on the table and in the blink of an eye they disappeared in the glimmering night.

love it keep me update

Hi Cindy

Thanks so much for reading my story and I will update soon.

Hugs

Sarah

*jumps up anddown* So perfect! I was listening to Innocence by Avril Lavigne when I saw your message and when I started to read, it kinda fits to me anyway. I loved it Sarah and please please please post more soon!

~Loving Reader

RJ

Hey RJ I am so glad you liked it. And I certainly hope I don't let you down with the next post! I know what I want to happen but I am at a dilema on how to get there LOL. More coming very soon. Thanks so much for reading and commenting all of your comments mean so much to me!!

Hugs

Sarah

So intense, this is why I love this fanfic because you feel really what they feel, or that's what happens to me.
Congratulations for being such an awesome writer!!!!
Sarah Beth Thank You!!!AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW That was so touching!!!...........I'm happy for the Cullens, I can't wait for them to wake up in the morning and be human like Edward..........Now I'm not sure what happen with Edward & Bella.............he was going to ask her to marry him, but he change his mind because of Bella's reaction to taking a walk?.....I thought they were find all lovey dovey............did I miss something or is this just Edward reading to much into her response..............until you post again...........What a GREAT STORY!!!!......you are very talented

HI Robyn

I am so happy that this chapter touched you and that you like the fact that the Cullen's are going to be human again.  As far as Bella she loves Edward but as he was seeing his life in pictures everyone who was affected by the mysterious rain has a different bouts of nostalgia and she too was reliving her life and when he said those words it was if it were happening all over again. We'll see more of what was going through Bella's head before she goes to sleep in the next update.  But now worries she will always love Edward because I can not imagine them with anyone else.

thanks so much for reading.

Hugs

Sarah

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service