The Twilight Saga

Preface

Every puzzle has different pieces; for the most part the pieces are bright, happy… something you enjoy looking at.  But then there are the pieces towards the corners; always dark, shadowed… these are the pieces you would much rather remove from the puzzle altogether.

It seemed as though that were the consequence now, being what I had become.  The every growing puzzle that belonged to me grew depressingly darker with every happy moment I had.

Shouldn’t it be over?  Shouldn’t I get a free ride because of what I had been through in my life so far?  It seemed to be I had been through more craziness than the average human; it would only be fair, right?

It seemed like a joke now; my puzzle.  It would only be a matter of time before the whole thing was dark.

Views: 1438

Replies to This Discussion

Very Good, Excellent Rachel !!!! I just adore this story!! I happy for Jake & Nessie, I love the house..........Alice is unstoppable....I wish she was my sister or sister inlaw...............LOL I wouldn't have to do a thing!!! Until you post again
GIRLIE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your story and the pics you add. well update soon. i can't wait to see what happens next.
I LOVE IT I WANT THAT HOUSE!!!!
LOVE IT the house is so beautiful i so cant wait for more update soon!!!
sweet!!!!!!!!! :) update sooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnn!!!!!!! :D it it awesome!!!!!
absolutely love it! you are a great writer and I can't wait for your next update!
omg! freackin amazing!
11. The Puzzle.
(Renesmee's p.o.v)

Kensee's quiet crying woke me up the next morning, I sighed contently and looked over at the clock, it was 9:23. Only a day old and she was sleeping through the night. I smiled and rolled out of bed, walking to the closet and pulling a robe off of a knob on the inside of the door.
By the time I got to the dark french doors that belonged to Kensee's room her crys were nothing more than whimpers. She wanted attention. I smiled at her as I lifted her out of her crib, bouncing her in my arms. She smiled a gummy, toothless smile and I saw a tooth beginning to poke its way through. Just like her mother, I thought to myself. She would grow up fast, maybe. Who knew, though?
I carried her with me, up the stairs and stopped in front of my door. I put a finger to her lips to silence her, then quickly walked through the room, and out to the small deck. I sat on the small yet comfortable loveseat, pulling my legs underneath me and sitting "criss-cross apple sauce" as I had called it when I was little. I rambled quietly to Kensee, telling her about the crazy family she had been born into. I felt a pair of strong warm arms wrap around my waist, I saw Kensee smile again, judging by her smile, she would be a daddy's girl.
"Jacob?" I said laughing. He chuckled, and Kensee laughed. Her first laugh! It rang like tiny bells, and reminded me of what Alice's laugh sounded like when she was truly happy. I remembered an old story my father had read to me when I was little; about how fairies were created. The story had said that fairies came from a babies first laugh: had the story been true, Kensee's laugh would have created the most beautiful fairy ever.
"What are you thinking about?" Jacob asked, watching my expression change from deep in thought, to normal again.
"Fairies." I laughed.
"What?"
"It's nothing... What should we do today? I feel like there's nothing left for us to do, we've done it all!"
"We could relax?" he laughed.
"Relaxing is... a good idea." I smiled. "But can we relax with the rest of my family? I want them to get a chance with the baby. And as far as I know, Bailey still thinks I'm pregnant so I need-"
"You're already pulling the busy mother act. Slow down, Ness. We have the rest of forever for this."
"Bailey wont live forever, Jake."
"Then that's your priority. Everything else can wait."
"You sound like a dad." I stood and kissed him, Kensee giggled in my arms. I smiled, and kissed her tiny nose. Jacob kissed her forehead; she would be a very loved baby. And a very loved kid. And a very loved adult... she would be loved all around, no matter what.
"Is that a good thing?"
"Very good thing, Jake. It's very good. You'll be the best daddy our little girl could ask for." she reached her little pale arms out to him. Jake swung her into his arms and kissed her on her cheek. She smiled her adorable gummy grin and laughed. Today would be a good day.

"Rosalie, do you want to stop terrifying my daughter yet? So we can figure out how much like her mother she really is?"
"Shut up, mongrel. Your daughter is being entertained, you want to see what will happen if I stop entertaining her? Fine." Rosalie handed Kensee off to Jacob, and she started to cry. "Told you..." Rosalie muttered, taking Kensee back and bouncing her to get her to stop crying. She wined a little bit, but eventually stopped crying. Carlisle smiled at her, his eyes crinkling into a heart warming expression. Kensee looked up at him, awestruck by his almost angel like appearance and reached out for him. Her tiny hands grabbing at the air as she desperatley tried to get to Carlisle. Carlisle laughed quietly as he took her and held her in his arms awkwardly. As far as I could remember, he had never held me as a baby. But he seemed generally content to holding Kensee for forever. I knew I would let him, if he ever wanted to.
We weighed her, measured her height, the length of her hair... all of them had increased. She would be like me. I sighed with relief. She would live forever. Just like me. I felt guilty for wishing an eternal life on anyone, but I didn't ever want to see my daughter die while I continued to live. Her temperature ran hot, like mine had; except she ran at about 106 degrees, whereas I had ran a constant 104. Carlisle estimated, what with the information I had provided when I was little, and what information we had wriggling and smiling in front of us that Kensee would grow at a rate of a half a year per four months for the first year and a half, or so. Then it would slow to growing at a little over the normal rate of a humans growth.
She would be able to go to school. She would be able to blend in with everyone else in the world. Whether or not she would have any powers that would take control was unknown to us yet. But everything would be okay. We had no worries anymore; the Cullen family had no more enemies left to fight. No more James, Laurent, and Victoria to go after Bella. No more Volturi to try and perminatly destroy our family. No more fueds with wolves. No more worries. No more cares. Nothing. Just life one day at a time.
I could take up a hobby; get my dad to teach me piano. Or maybe learn to cook as well as Esme and Bella do. I could go to college. Get a degree in some crazy job because no matter what job I picked I could acheive; with nothing to lose and everything to gain I could do anything.
The main pieces of my puzzle were coming together, the pieces that make up the main picture were beautiful; they had the most amazing colors and meanings to them. My child, my husband, my family, my friends. Everything that I loved was depicted in the puzzle. I smiled contently at the picture I had created in my head.
Kensee had fallen asleep comfortably in Carlisle's arms. She snored slightly, just like her father. I stepped quietly into the kitchen and picked up the phone, dialing the two numbers I knew so well. The first was my grandfather's. Charlie still hadn't seen his great-granddaughter yet. He was slightly agitated at the fact that he was already a great grandpa, but he excitedly agreed to come over and see Kensee.
The second Number I dialed was Bailey's. I was greeted by a scratchy, dry voice.
"Hey, Ness. How's it going?"
"You don't sound too good."
"No kidding... I'm sick."
"Well... thats not too good, I was kind of hoping my baby would get to meet her god-mother today."
"You had it!" Bailey's voice cracked in all the wrong places, even for someone who was 'sick'. She was more sick than she was letting on.
"Kensee Alison Black." I knew she could hear the smile in my voice as I told her.
"I'm so happy for you Nessie. Even if eleven is a little young for a baby." she teased. After a short coughing spell left her almost breathless I said goodbye, and hung up. She was getting sick... really sick. That made me sad, I didn't want my baby to end up sick. But I wanted her to meet my best freind, and her god-mother.
Charlie was delighted by Kensee. He cooed and kissed and tickled her until she couldn't giggle anymore. He stayed for dinner, talking with us all, asking questions about how our lives had been, what the 'big commotion' had been a few months back; of course we couldn't explain that one to him, even though he knew just about everything about us, including the fact that we were vampires. The Romans had taken over since the Volturi had... left. They had given us a get out of jail free card when it came to Bailey, her mother, and Charlie knowing. Yet, the more we explaind to those who already knew, the more likely we were to loose our free pass.
Over all, my day had been amazing. That was my main thought as I tucked Kensee in to her bed. And got ready for bed myself. I couldn't help but worry about Bailey, though. By the time the lights went off in my room, and I heard Jacob snoring the strangely comforting feeling had disappeared and I was left with the true things my mind had picked out of every conversation had that day. One of those things was the fact that Bailey was sick.
In my dreams that night I had a dream about the puzzle I had imagined earlier that day. I found myself able to interact with all the people in the puzzle. It wasn't until every piece of the puzzle went black that I knew something was wrong.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME
omg what more can this family go through...goodness i hope bailey ends up being ok...itll be weird going to your best friends funeral when your both suppose to be at old age lol...
omg ur a genius!
Love it!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service