The Twilight Saga

Preface

Every puzzle has different pieces; for the most part the pieces are bright, happy… something you enjoy looking at.  But then there are the pieces towards the corners; always dark, shadowed… these are the pieces you would much rather remove from the puzzle altogether.

It seemed as though that were the consequence now, being what I had become.  The every growing puzzle that belonged to me grew depressingly darker with every happy moment I had.

Shouldn’t it be over?  Shouldn’t I get a free ride because of what I had been through in my life so far?  It seemed to be I had been through more craziness than the average human; it would only be fair, right?

It seemed like a joke now; my puzzle.  It would only be a matter of time before the whole thing was dark.

Views: 1629

Replies to This Discussion

Very Touching Rachel, I enjoyed reading this. What a desision they will have to make. Hopefully Carlise will do it. Until you post again
luved it!!!! u should seriously consider taking riting as a job. ur so good!!!
dang must b hard 2 want this & not want it at the same time...
loved it ♥
Good job!! Keeps me wondering!!! Have a nice Thanksgiving!!
I have a feeling she's just gonna change Bailey right then and there! CHANGE HER!!!
Please write moore soon Rachel

~Lexi
amazing!
Fantastic chapter, Can't wait for your next update!
19. Betrayal.
(Renesmee’s p.o.v)

I walked the almost too familiar path to Bailey’s room. I was surprised there wasn’t an indentation in the tile where I had walked each day for the past few weeks now.
I walked into her room without signing in with the nurse on duty; unfortunately she was still awake. I had been hoping she would be asleep and I wouldn’t have to do what I’d come here to do.
“Nessie guess what? I get out tomorrow!” bailey croaked, she sounded like a dying frog… minus the frog part.
“Yes, I know. Carlisle told me.”
“Then why don’t you sound happy for me? I’m finally getting out, things can go back to normal…”
“Things aren’t going to go back to normal bailey. You aren’t getting out because you’re cured, you’re getting out because there’s no reason for you to die in this hospital.” I instantly regretted the tone of voice I’d used, as well as how I phrased it… but more than anything I just wanted to get it over with.
“Wha-what do you mean?”
“I mean Bailey, the only reason you’re getting discharged is because we want to you either die comfortably in your own home, or choose another option.”
“Is my other option life?” sarcasm colored her tone and turned her pale face to stone. She was angry; angry with me for telling her this, angry because what I told her was the truth…
“Not exactly… Bailey what if I told you that you could either not exist… or exist forever?”
“How does that even work Renesmee?” her tone had lost all happiness and was now simply stone cold.
“Bailey, none of us want to see you die…”
“Then don’t stick around to see it.”
“Bailey… please listen, hear me out before you say no okay? We already talked to your mother and she said whatever you choose is fine with her… so you wouldn’t have to worry about her. Once you got enough control you could see her, and be around her again. Sure it would take some work, but if you’re motivated enough and you really want it it’ll be easy! And-“ I had been rambling, Bailey finally cut me off.
“What is your lifesaving plan Renesmee?”
Tears welled up and spilt over my eyelids as I looked at her; my dieing friend. I didn’t want her to agree to this… didn’t want her to want this. But yet, I still hoped she would agree… talk about confused.
“Bailey, if you don’t want to-to die. We want you to… consider… our life style.”
“Your lifestyle?” I groaned quietly. It was like talking to a child. Maybe it was the medicine doing it to her… maybe she was just being stubborn. But it replaced my sodden mood momentarily with anger. I breathed in and out slowly a few times; forcing myself to calm down before I continued.
“Bailey, use your head… what’s the one thing we could do to save your life?” she thought about it, and I watched her face that had been flushed with anger and confusion go pale white, as if she were already dead.
“You… you want me to be a vampire?”
“It seems like it would be better than dieing…”
“In your eyes maybe.” I felt my mouth drop. I hadn’t ever been aware of her… dislike towards what we were. She had never made it obvious. Was she afraid of becoming a vampire? Or simply afraid of us. Was it because of what we couldn’t help; our instincts? Would I be able to convince her otherwise?
“I-I…” what was there to say?
“Not that I don’t like your family Nessie… but a vampire… to never be able to really make friends with anyone… to be in pain whenever my body decided to be thirsty…to never be able to sleep… to never fall in love because I couldn’t be close with anyone…you all have found ways to make it work… but it wouldn’t work for me…”
“There’s nothing to work at Bailey!” I whispered ferociously, anger colored my voice and turned my cheeks and neck a dark red.
“I have no one waiting for me in the vampire world! There’s no one to make it easier when I wake up from the whole thing! It’s a torturous procedure, that I would rather die then go through!” her words lashed at me each of them like tiny knives, sticking wherever they could on my body and going as deep as they could. I could feel tears well up and spill over, rolling down my cheeks. I felt… insulted, for the first time in my life.
“I would have been there for you…” I quiet sob escaped my lips. I squeezed my eyes shut in hopes that it would all be a dream and that I would wake up by Jacob’s side, back at home. But when I opened my eyes, there were only more tears.
I remembered a part in one of my favorite books… The Host… When the main character Wanda found out the humans she thought were her friends had just slaughtered an innocent ‘soul’ as they were called in the book. She had gone into mourning, the only way she knew how; she crawled into the darkest place she could find and remained silent for three days… not eating. Not talking. Nothing.
That was how I felt now. Betrayed. Like I should find a dark hole and curl up in it. I felt my face twist into an expression filled with hate, Jacob had never said anything like that to Bella… his hate for vampires had been obvious, of course. But to say it so… casually, like it was no big deal. Never.
She saw my expression and sank into her pillows… I knew what I looked like to her… I had seen the expression on my family members’ faces. I looked like a vampire…something she hated. The thought twisted my face into a grimace, showing my teeth. A quiet hiss escaped my mouth before I turned to leave the room. Bailey seemed to realize what she had said a little too late.
“Nessie! Wait!” I spun to face her, letting the tears fall freely; I didn’t hold them back.
“To you, my name is Renesmee.” I took a second longer to spit in her direction, before darting out of the room.

…………

There was no driving home for me. I couldn’t see well enough. The tears that threatened my eyes in the hospital flowed as soon as I hit the chilly air that always lingered in Forks. So instead I sat in my car and cried. Sobs escaped my mouth so loudly I was surprised a nurse didn’t hear me and come out to see what was wrong. And just to see if she would believe me… I might have told her the whole story.
I cried for almost an hour before I got a hold of myself. I took the long way home, avoiding telling my family what Bailey had said. They would be hurt… just like I was. The figurative angel and devil that sat on my shoulders and gave me advice argued back and forth in my head as I drove.
Maybe I should have listened to her… maybe she really hadn’t meant what she said.
Who am I kidding; she is a traitor… a backstabber. Why would she say what she had… if she didn’t hate what I couldn’t help but be.
Maybe that wasn’t what she meant… maybe she just didn’t know how to phrase what she had wanted to say.
I silenced the voices in my head. The fact that I was hearing voices scared me a little… maybe I was turning into Edward… after all he was my father.
I pulled into the familiar gravel drive way that had been put in recently so I could pull up closer to my own home. Jacob jogged out the front door when he saw me pull up. I slammed the car door and ran to meet him half way.
He caught me as I collapsed into his arms. The exhaustion and stress and pain had finally caught up to me. I heard Edward in the main house explain the commotion outside to the others… explain why I was so upset.
“What happened?” Jacob asked frantically.
My answering sob prevented me from explaining to Jacob… yet it explained everything.
AWWWW:'(
Soo sad!!!! I feel bad for Nessie and Bailey!!
"To you, my name is Renesmee." UGH! That made me want to cry!!:(
Nessie lost her best friend! D:
wow tht was great even though i knew it was gonna happen
Shut up hannah! Jeeze you give it away!(;

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service