The Twilight Saga

Preface

Every puzzle has different pieces; for the most part the pieces are bright, happy… something you enjoy looking at.  But then there are the pieces towards the corners; always dark, shadowed… these are the pieces you would much rather remove from the puzzle altogether.

It seemed as though that were the consequence now, being what I had become.  The every growing puzzle that belonged to me grew depressingly darker with every happy moment I had.

Shouldn’t it be over?  Shouldn’t I get a free ride because of what I had been through in my life so far?  It seemed to be I had been through more craziness than the average human; it would only be fair, right?

It seemed like a joke now; my puzzle.  It would only be a matter of time before the whole thing was dark.

Views: 1438

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE IT update soon!!!!!!!

Ahh.I LOVE it is so cute!

great chapter!!

amazing!

love it. wanna see ALL emmetts muscles. and loved it!!!!!

NEW READER!!!!!!!!!

I have spent most of the day reading both of your stories. I love both of them. They are great. I cant wait to see what happens with Bailey's new life. I wonder if Austin will imprint on Kensee. They seem so cute together. Haha Austin pretty much named her after all. I totally did not see the thing coming that Bailey had TB. That is an awful disease. I had to be tested for it before I went to a medical forum. I thought the test was awful. I hate needles. =P Bailey's transformation sounds a lot like Bellas. The way she woke up is really similar too. Is Baileys room in the main house or in Jacob and Renesmees house? Haha too many questions and thoughts. Anyways I totally love the story. Update Soon and keep me informed about whats going on with the story!!! haha

29. Finally.

(Renesmee’s p.o.v)

“So, what did Renesmee make you eat?” Emmett asked once we made it home.

“Um, we… we found some elk.” Bailey made a face; elk was far from the most desirable thing around here to ‘eat’.  “We found a grizzly bear… she let me take it down.  That was better tasting, and a lot more fun.” Bailey chuckled.

“Are you kidding me?  Come on Ness, you let her eat my bear!”

“There’s more than one out there Emmett, chill out.” I chuckled and walked over to Bailey, touching my hand to her bare arm.  Showing her what I wanted her to do.  She stared at me wide eyed and smiled; Edward laughed from the piano seat before putting his fingers to the keys and playing.

“Hey Emmett, you want to start a tradition?”

“Name your game!” Emmett shouted excitedly.

“How do you feel about arm wrestling?” Emmett groaned, the competitive side in him telling him to go for it, even though he would loose.

“You’ll loose Emmett…” Bella taunted him from across the room.  “I would know.” Bailey chuckled, and Emmett’s competitive side broke through.

“I’ll win this time!” he growled.

…………

To Emmett’s extreme excitement, he won 1 out of 3 games; honestly I think Bailey let him win the last game.  Even though he lost, he swore he had learned the secret to beating newborns.  It would be funny in the years to come, if we ever ended up with another newborn when Emmett realized his theory was wrong.

The day went by slowly, but in a good way.  We shopped online, and bought hundreds of pairs of clothes for Bailey to stock her new walk in closet with.  They would be here by tomorrow; one of the many benefits of being a Cullen… the extra money it cost to rush deliver was no concern.  She was excited, to say the least.

Bailey had sat down by Edward to watch him play piano about a half hour ago; now she was playing Claire de Lune with him.

“I love how fast I can learn things!” she shouted euphorically, flopping down on one of the many comfortable chairs in the living room and sighing happily.

“So I take it your first day of the rest of your life was a good one?”

“Actually… yes!” I couldn’t help but laugh at her.  Seth came in, followed by Jake.  Both of them soaked through.  Bella darted away to find them some clean, dry clothes.

“Are you hungry, guys?  I can fix up something for you to eat.” Esme stood up and started to walk towards the kitchen.  Bailey jumped up to follow her.

“I can help right?”

“Of course Bailey.” Esme said with a smile.  “Seth, Jacob?”

“I could go for some chicken… if that’s okay?” Seth started to follow behind Bailey into the kitchen.  When Seth got close enough to Bailey, she made a fake gagging noise and pinched her nose.

“Ew, Seth!  You smell like wet dog!” she shouted.

“Well at least I don’t smell like a leech!” their banter faded as they made their way into the kitchen.  Bailey was back out in a flash.

“Jake, do you want something to eat or not?”

“No, I’ll be fine.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah.” She walked quickly back into the kitchen, I heard Seth throw some flour at her as she rounded the corner.  She screamed, and, much to Esme’s dismay, the food fight began.  I chuckled and stood up, walking over to Jacob, and wrapping my arms around his waist.  I seemed like I could almost hear him grin at this point, even though I knew I was impossible, even for me.

I turned around to smile at the rest of my family remaining in the living room.

“I think we’re going to go home… it’s been a while since I’ve slept in my own bed.  Come on Kensee, let’s go home.” Kensee hopped off of the piano where she had been watching Edward play and walked sleepily over to me.  I picked her up and cradled her in my arms with ease.

“Yeah, have a good nights rest.” Emmett said sarcastically.

“Don’t worry Emmett I will.” I winked at him before grabbing Jacob’s hand and walking out the front door.

We walked slowly, swinging our hands between the two of us.

“Bailey seems happy.” Jacob whispered.  Kensee had fallen asleep the moment we walked out the front door.

“Yes, I think she’s happy to know she’ll never get sick again.  I think she found that there’s really nothing that different about being a vampire.  Either that, or it just hasn’t kicked in yet.” I chuckled.

“Hmm.  Do you think we’ll finally get some peace and quiet around here now?”

“I think so… at least I hope we will.  Everything should be fairly quiet for a while, until Kensee makes the change.  When and if she ever does.”

“Let’s… let’s not even talk about that now…” I chuckled quietly again and pecked him on the cheek.

We were at the house now, both of us flicking on lights as we walked through the house.  Jacob went upstairs while I tucked Kensee into her oversized bed.

“Momma?”

“Kensee, you’re supposed to be in bed.” She lifted her tiny arms up and let me tuck the covers underneath them.

“Everything’s gonna be okay now, right?”

“Yes, Kensee.  No more craziness.”

“Okay.” I kissed her forehead as she hugged me tightly.  She let me loose and yawned.  I flicked off her light and was about to close her door.

“Momma?”  I sighed.

“Yes Kensee?”

“When I’m a werewolf, will I be a leader like daddy?” I chuckled.

“That all depends on you.”

“Okay.  Goodnight momma.”

“Goodnight Kensee, I love you.”

“Love you too momma.” I closed her door and smiled the whole way up the stairs.

My puzzle was finally whole:

Every puzzle has different pieces; for the most part the pieces are bright, happy… something you enjoy looking at.  But then there are the pieces towards the corners; always dark, shadowed… these are the pieces you would much rather remove from the puzzle altogether.

It seemed as though that had been a consequence for me.  The ever-growing puzzle that had belonged to me had grown depressingly darker with every happy moment I had.

But now it was over, there was no more darkness.

It seemed like a joke now; the darkening of my puzzle.  I had watched it come together, a few pieces away from being finished, only to be broken apart.  Time and time again my puzzle had crumpled in my hands.

But someone had finally showed me the finished picture; I was able to see the finished product and copy it.  Picking up the perfect pieces.  I had managed to finish my puzzle completely.  And now that it was done, I was able to look past the dark memories that made up the dark pieces around the edges and focus on the center; the brightest part of the entire puzzle.

In the center was my family, my friends… Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett, Edward, Bella, Esme, Carlisle.  The wolves.  The many vampires that had helped us out during our greatest time of need.  Jane… she had become so quiet these days it was hard to remember she was there.  She had truly helped us out the most.  I would have to try and break her back out of her shell.  It would be easy now that I had all the time in the world laid out in front of me.

My grandfather, the grandmother I had never met, Billy, and Sue.  Bailey, now a permanent part in my family, Lisa, Claire.  There were so many.

In the middle of the sea of loved ones, were two people:

Jacob; Jacob made up my entire world.  He was the second brightest point on the entire puzzle.  He was always so happy these days… so warm.  It was no wonder my own mom had had feelings for him as well.  He was so easy to love.  His warm, strong, sure arms were always there to hold and protect me, so of course he would be in the middle of it all.  But he was not truly the center.

In the center, the brightest piece of my puzzle; was Kensee.

Though, my life tended to revolve around Jacob, my days, and often my thoughts, revolved around her.  She was so little, so young now.  But it would only be a matter of time before she grew up, who knew that better than me?  Would she meet someone amazing and special to her later in life?  Would he become another permanent fixture in our family?  Or would she stay with someone she already loves…?  I could easily picture her growing up with Austin and falling in love with him.  I could only hope she would be happy.

Her long, curly brown hair that she always pushed out of her face was beginning to show reddish tints.  The color of my hair; she was so excited when I had pointed it out to her the other day.  She wished her hair would be the same color as mine.

Her oddly colored eyes; green like Edward’s had once been with brown speckles in them.  Everything that made her who she was, all of them reminders of the little girl I loved.

“What are you thinking of?” I realized I had crawled in bed by Jacob’s side without really noticing.

“Everything.”

“Hmm.  Sounds complicated.”

“I’m not really thinking, just daydreaming.” I laughed and rolled over, cuddling into his side.  “How long have I been up here?”

“About… an hour or so.”

“Liar!”

“I swear on my life!” I smacked his stomach and he laughed.  “Okay, maybe, 10 minutes.”

“That’s more like it.”

“But not as funny…”

“Jake?”

“Hmm?” I rolled, and sat on his stomach.  He grinned, and tickled my leg.

“Stop! I’m trying to talk to you!” I squirmed and giggled.

“Well there’s no guarantees I’ll be able to focus, especially with you sitting on me.”

“Everything is going to be perfect now, right?”

“Well, you never know, there might be an enemy wolf pack out there somewhere with something against alliances with vampires… that sort of thing.  But we’re not worried about that, right?  We can take ‘em…”

“Jake!”

“What?”

“Don’t say that, you’ll jinx us!”

“Okay, forget I ever said that.”

“Knock on wood?” he reached back with his arm and knocked on our oak headboard.  Three solid knocks; the only thing more solid than those three knocks was my happiness.  That, at this point, was engraved in stone.

“I love you…” I whispered.  “You know that right?”

“Yes.  I love you too.”

I rolled back to my spot beside Jacob.  He pulled me close, and held me.  He was asleep in a few minutes, his snoring was even more proof to the happiness theory.  I was sleeping by his side for the first time in weeks.

The thought of the previous weeks exhausted me to the point of tears, so I stopped thinking about it.

I listened harder and heard the light snoring coming from downstairs.  Kensee’s snoring; a perfect echo of her father’s.

The mood I was in, combined with the rain outside, and the snores of the two people that mattered most in my life.  I drifted off to sleep.

AWWWWWWWW(:

Loved it!

Last chapter OMG!(:

Cant wait for Fragile Line!:D

i loved it!

I Love It

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for the Fragile Line

Great story! It's been fun with all the twists & turns you're able to create!!  Perfect ending - I feel at peace!!  Thanks!! 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service