The Twilight Saga

Starts at the beginning of Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. If you haven't read the entire series, now's your time to turn back.

This will probably seem very strange. Ummm... yeah. Anyways. Just one thing, I didn't come up with the whole Hermione-And-Draco idea on my own. I got the idea off a
FanFic on FanFictions.com from someone named RealmWeaver. If you want
to check it out, go ahead. Their stories are amazing.

Anyways, this is the Preface. Hope you like it!

Preface

POV:Draco

My head whipped from side to side. From the girl I loved to the man and woman who raised me.

It was one or the other.

No, I wouldn't choose one. He couldn't make me.

Just choose one...A feeling of bliss overwhelmed me. It would be so simple... so easy... choose your parents, choose Lucious and Narcissa... they'll be so proud... you'll be protected forever...

A tiny voice whispered these things to me in the back of my head. I closed my eyes. It overwhelmed me.

My parents were the obvious choice. I would be glorified for all eternity, as would my parents, and my children, and their children...

Potter and Weasley would be killed. I tried desperately to remind myself of the other life that would be taken, the one I didn't want to be ruined. I couldn't bear to think of her as dead.

Voldemort was awaiting my decision, he waited patiently. Bellatrix and Snape were each holding one of my options. I wished I could talk sense into Snape... but he was far past that point. He stared blankly into space, awaiting Voldemort's orders.

I heard a whimper of pain. My eyes snapped open. Bellatrix had twisted her arm further, waited impatiently. With her eyes, she screamed at me, Do it, boy! Do it now! Do not be a fool!

My mother's voice interfered with my torn decision. Draco, if I know you're happy, if your father and I know you're happy, we'll gladly take death. Choose what you will be able to live with, choose
your first love...

I stared at my mother, and by the look on her face, she could see the turmoil etched across my face. “Please?” she mouthed to me. Snape pulled her arm back further behind her back for the spoken word. She sobbed quietly.

I exhaled deeply. I raised my wand.

I'm sorry.” I whispered. I closed my eyes.

Avada Kedavra!

Tell me how it is!

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

awww cute fanfiction, please update soon x
Chapter Three: The Room Of Requirement
POV: Draco

It had been two weeks since Granger’s small –okay, huge- act of mercy. We still acted as if it never happened. I would call out to her, “Mudblood!” and she would retort, “Ferret face!” By the way neither Potter, the Weasel, Dumbledore, or Snape never commented on the incident, I assumed Granger had done the same thing I did: Pretended it never happened.

Only it did, so where did that leave me? Obviously, I couldn’t try anything with both Granger and Snape breathing down my neck –okay, so only Snape was truly that bad, Granger just kept an eye on me, which I was used to- but now I was unsure if I wanted to.

All my life, I had been taught to hate Muggle-borns. To be nasty to them, as well as blood traitors. But now that Granger had talked to me, really told me my options, something no one has done before, it made me rethink things.

I needed a place where I could think in peace and quiet. The Great Hall-too crowded and loud- the library –Granger was sure to be in there- the boys’ dormitories –I would be bombarded with questions- and the Slytherin common room –too loud- were out. That left only one place. After last period, I hurried out of my class and went to the boys’ dorm to put my books away- or in my definition, simply shove them under my bed. I would attend to homework later. Then I strolled down the stairs as casually as possible, ignoring people as they called, “Hey, Draco!” “What’s up, Draco?” “Draco, you alright?” They would assume I was going to do something else to help the Dark Lord. The thought made me shudder. I hurried along, flew up the stairs, and walked back and forth in front of where the Room Of Requirement was.

I need somewhere quiet, where I can think, where I’ll be able to just get away from a few minutes, or hours…

Eventually, the door appeared after what felt like a century. I hurried inside, wishing the door would close sooner. It only took a split second for it to seal completely after this thought.

I was kind of creeped out by this room. There were eight walls, the room was in the shape of an octagon. It was poorly lit, but clean. There was a single window on the back wall, but the curtains were drawn. There were some corners of the room that were completely dark. I was about to ask for light when I remembered I could think more clearly in the dark.

I picked a random dark corner to my right and headed towards it. Right as I was about to step into the shadows, a hoarse, used voice whispered, “Well don’t just run into me.”

I leapt back, yelping. In my haste to get into a corner, I must’ve missed the bright, brown eyes that stared up at me now. Those eyes looked so familiar… but now I couldn’t place them.

“Who are you?” I hissed. They knew who I was but I didn’t know them. It made me feel vulnerable and unprotected.

“Ask me no questions, I tell you no lies.” The rough voice replied hollowly.

“That sounds familiar…” I muttered, still staring at the bright, brown eyes.

“It’s a Muggle quote. Most likely you wouldn’t know it.”

“Oh. Well.” Now that I knew they were Muggle-born, I didn’t want to have anything to do with them, even if I was considering joining their side for the time being. “Vice versa.”

The eyes bobbed up and down and I assumed they were nodding. I picked a different corner nearly all the way across the room and concealed myself in the shadows. The person across the room began to sob quietly.

If I joined the other side, I could almost give them the upper hand. I could tell them how Snape was really working for Voldemort, who in the Ministry was or was not to be trusted, who was Confunded and who was not… to my knowledge, at the very least. But in order to change sides, I would have to give them a reason, and that would involve revealing Granger’s actions, which I’m sure she’s been trying to keep secret. I would have to wait until I had a solid reason, and that would… take some time. Until then, I would just have to put both Granger and Voldemort on hold. Focus on my studies for a while.. and in the meantime, keep an eye out for opportunities.

Simply even considering this went against everything I was raised to believe: That the Dark Lord was powerful and should be respected and obeyed. That all half-breeds –including Muggle-borns- were rated under purebloods and that they should be treated as such. That blood traitors were just as bad, and that meant the Weasels as well.

“Why are you here?” The voice from across the room asked. Their voice was still hoarse and unplacable, but it was loud and somewhat clear enough to understand.

“Um,” I tried to think of what to say. “I thought we weren’t going to ask questions.”

“Do you want me to go first?”

While I straighten out my thick head? “Sure.”

I heard them take a deep breath, then plunge in. “I’m here because I like someone, he’s my best friend, but he’s got a girlfriend now, one that doesn’t even like him, only likes him for who he hangs out with, cause our other best friend is suddenly famous now an-“ She stopped. I understood.

I raised myself to my feet. A small portion of my head was uncovered from the shadows. I slowly walked to the center of the room, then sat down in the light.

“Hey, Granger.”

She stepped out of the shadows, wand drawn. I gave a short, humorless laugh. “What, you don’t trust me?”

She gave a strained smile. She walked up until she was about two feet away, then sat down.

“So… you like the Weasel?” I asked. She seemed to contemplate this, twirling her wand in her hands. Then she tossed her wand aside, then tucked her legs to her chest and rest her chin on her knees. She looked so fragile, so weary from crying, I could literally do away with her in less than a second. I reached for my wand.

I have to give the Mudblood –scratch that, Granger- credit. She was on her feet and pointing her wand directly at me in the time it took me just to get my wand out of my pocket.

I flung my wand aside.

“I was just getting rid of it so we could sit here without worrying about whether or not the other one is about to pull some kind of trick.” She paused as she evaluated this. She walked quickly towards the wands, then picked mine up. I waited patiently.

She put both wands in one hand, then threw them across the room. Both shot sparks as they clattered to the ground.

She returned to the spot in front of me and sat down.

“In short, yes I do like the Weasel.” She sighed. The sound of her calling Weasley ‘Weasel’ was so unusual that I laughed.

She jumped up. “If I would’ve known you were going to laugh at me, I would’ve left the moment you sat down!” With that, she raced across the room to our wands and picked up her own, kicking mine, then running back towards the door.

It took me a second to realize why she was angry. Pushing myself to my feet, I called, “Granger! Granger!” She didn’t slow down.

She was about to turn the handle when I made one last-ditch effort. “Hermione!” She paused slightly.

I caught up to her before she had a chance to move any more. “Hermione.” I pulled her away from the door. I couldn’t quite see why it was so important she believed me. Maybe it was just the fact that she had done me a huge favor, and I don’t like to let debts go unpaid. “Hermione, do you really think I would do something like that after you did this for me?” She took in a shaky breath. By the look in her eyes, she was close to tears. “I laughed… because it’s just kind of weird hearing you call him Weasel. Kind of funny, you know?” Again, she drew in a quivering breath.

“Sorry.” She whispered. “I’m just… sensitive… about it.” She closed her eyes and swayed a little, I had to catch her and keep her upright. Her eyes opened again. She tossed her wand towards mine again, then let me lead her back towards the center of the room.

We sat back down. We were both quiet for a moment, then Hermione said softly, “You could tell anyone you wanted, you know. I did say we were even. You don’t owe me anything.”

I sighed. “You’re wrong. I do owe you. Simply not telling anyone won’t cover it.” She remained silent. “But it would cover at least half of it.”

“Thank you.” She replied simply. She cleared her throat. “So, um… What’s your favorite color?”

I smiled. “Green and gold. What about you?”

She looked thoughtful for a second. Then she whispered, “Red.”

By the look in her eye, I knew there was something behind that answer, and I looked at her questioningly. She shook her head.

“My turn.” She murmured. She thought for a second, then asked, “What’s you’re favorite song?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know… I guess Three Wands In A Cauldron by the Weird Sisters. What about you?”

She didn’t hesitate for a second. “Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park.” I must’ve looked confused, because she added, “It’s a Muggle song.” I asked her to play it for me. She got her wand and murmured an incantation. The song played once. I was silent the entire time. I told her it was good.

We continually asked questions back and forth, and they got harder and harder as we continued. From questions like “What’s your favorite animal?” (Unsure, dog) to “What form does your Patronus take?” (Never made a Patronus, otter) to “Are you happy?” (No, unsure) to “Are you happy with the house you were Sorted in?” (Still deciding, I think so) to “Do you consider yourself good?” (No, maybe). Neither of us really gave straight answers to the sentimental questions, of which I was grateful. I was spared the pressure of answering. About halfway through, I realized why her favorite color was red: It was the color of the Weasel’s hair.

We did this for two, three, four hours? Maybe. All I know is that Granger eventually brought up the fact that our friends were probably looking for us and I agreed without protest. We stood up, awkwardly grabbed our wands, and exited the room.

I turned to her as the door disappeared. “So…” I couldn’t figure out exactly what I was supposed to say. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

She nodded quickly. “Yes. I’ll see you tomorrow… in Potions.” Then she scurried off.

The next day, I was unsure of whether to return to the room again. I doubted Granger would be there, but I needed to think, anyways. I was jumpy throughout the day, anxious to see if Granger would say anything to me to indicate if she would show up. She said nothing.

After last period, I rushed towards the Room of Requirement so quickly I didn’t even notice I’d failed to return my books to their spot under the bed until I was already there.

I tossed my wand towards the exact same wall as yesterday, along with my books, and chose a lighted wall to sit in.

I sat there for about a half hour before I decided to get my books to work on my homework.

I had finished three subjects when I began to feel disappointed. She wasn’t coming. I sighed, but decided to stay, clinging to false hope.

I had finished all of my homework when I decided it was really no use staying here. I began gathering my books, then I headed for the door. Just as I was about to open it, it swung open.

There was Granger, looking flushed and breathing heavily. It was apparent she had been running.

“Sorry it took me so long.” She said hurriedly before I had a chance to say anything. “Harry was worried, wondered where I’d disappeared to yesterday… and I had to finish up my homework…it took me a while to rid everyone…”

She glanced anxiously at me. I nodded and tossed my bag towards the wall. She tossed her wand aside, then let me lead her towards the center of the room.

“So…” I started awkwardly. “I guess you wanted to see me, since you came?”

She nodded. Her face was slightly flushed from exertion, her hair a tiny bit wilder from running. There was a strand hanging in her eye, and I wanted badly to reach over and fix it, but didn’t. My nails dug into my robes as I concentrated on keeping my hands firmly to myself.

“Um…” She started. She felt awkward. We both did.

“Who’s your favorite house-elf?” I asked. She frowned a little, but answered my question.

“Well, I only know three, so maybe it’s not fair judgment.. It would be Dobby, no question.” She frowned a little more. “Do you think enslaving house-elves is a good thing?”

I shrugged. “I have a house-elf at home that was really spectacular. She really seemed to enjoy helping the family. But then, she passed, so we got Dobby… and, well, I’m sure you know Dobby. Then we got another one, who’s really nice. Always gets my sandwiches right. House-elves like helping people, Hermione.” I added when she made a disgruntled face. “It’s in their nature. To free them would be a form of torture for them.”

Hermione sighed. “Perhaps…”

We continually talked and laughed and –yes- even cried. It was a mere two hours later when we agreed we should say goodbye. I reluctantly gathered my books.

The next day, in Potions, I was one of the first people there. The only others were Weasel, Hermione, and Potter. It seemed Hermione and Weasley were arguing.

“Just because you’re sister is trying to rush you-“

“I like Lavender-“

“Could you two please-“

“NO!”

I snickered, and all three of them turned in my direction. I waved slightly, and Granger turned pink. The Weasel and Potter turned to stare at her.

I turned my head, smiling. Then, seeing as I would have no partner because Crabbe was sick and Goyle still sleeping off a jinx –sent to him my myself, which he was furious about- I scowled.

“Mr. Malfoy!” I heard an annoying voice come from behind me. I turned to see Professor Slughorn beaming at me. “Looks like we’ll have to find you a partner for the day, now won’t we? Let’s see…” He peered around the room. “Any particular requests?”

I ignored the very obvious signal Pansy Parkinson was waving at me, and replied, “No, sir.” Hermione Granger.

“Ron, you are not-“

“I am too-“

“Couldn’t you two-“

“SHUT UP, HARRY!”

“Ah!” Slughorn boomed. “Perhaps today a little separation would do you all well. Ahh… How about Ms. Granger?”

She looked so surprised that I was tempted to laugh. I bit the insides of my lip, struggling to keep my face expressionless.

“Why, of course professor.” She flushed as she swiftly gathered her books and came to join me at my table.

I grinned. “Why, yes, Ms. Granger, please join the Death Eater.” I mocked as Professor Slughorn began his lesson.

Hermione laughed, but in a strained way. “I have to take notes.” She whispered. She took out her quill and her hands flew across the page. I admired her for how quickly she could take notes while still listening, but then I realized she must have put a spell on her hands.

I listened absentmindedly to Slughorn, making imaginary doodles on the desk with my finger. I glanced over at Granger and was amazed. Everything Slughorn had said she had copied down word for word, even little stutters. I couldn’t help but laugh.

Everyone in the room turned my way. Granger looked at me questioningly, but I shook my head. Grinning, I turned my head back to Slughorn.

He was waiting patiently, a little smile on his face. “Mr. Malfoy! It seems something amusing has struck your thoughts! Care to share? Everyone likes a good joke!”

Tell my father that. I thought wryly. I shook my head. “It’s not that funny. That’s alright.”

“Well, if you must keep it to yourself..” He looked a little disappointed, but continued. “And the magical properties of unicorn blood includes what factors? Yes, Ms. Granger?”

I tuned them all out of my head. I began my imaginary doodles again, waiting for Slughorn to get to the point.

“And so,” His voice boomed through my thoughts. “This is why I want you to work on creating a brand new potion!” The entire class froze. Granger raised her hand.

“Yes, Ms. Granger?”

“Professor… I couldn’t help but wonder… isn’t creating a new potion incredibly difficult? I’ve heard only the finest young wizards and witches could create new spells, let alone brew a new potion-“

“Ah, yes, but one of the finest potion whizzes I can think of is sitting before me!” He proudly beamed at Potter, who sank in his chair. I glanced back at Hermione, who looked livid.

“What about the rest of us?” Pansy demanded.

“I’m sure you’ll be able to create a mixture with some kind of effect! Now, only test your potions on small animals, such as butterflies or a worm or spider.” I heard Granger snicker under her breath. “You have one month! You may work with a partner if you wish to, but only two to a group!”

I wondered randomly exactly how many people would ask to work with me, but it was many more than I wished to. I told them all I’d prefer to work alone, but noticed Granger never asked me. I was slightly disappointed, but also relieved.

After Potions was Defense Against the Dark Arts with Ravenclaw, which was about the easiest subject, seeing the connection between Snape and my father. Thinking about that connection, I slightly shuddered, then hurried to my seat.

I still didn’t have any partner of sorts, but Snape was slightly slacking that day. That, or he was upset about something; he frowned in my direction every time he got.

I was worried about what he might think, I barely took anything in at all. When the bell rang, it was a relief.

But then, Snape immediately said, “Draco, if you would care to stay after class. I need to speak with you about something.”

I said nothing, only watched as the rest of the students left, carefully avoiding Snape’s eye. When the last student exited and closed the door swiftly behind themselves, I reluctantly looked at Snape.

He didn’t look angry, or exasperated, or even disappointed. As a matter of fact, he looked as if he pitied me, which was ultimately worse.

“Draco, when was the last time you did something for the Dark Lord?” He asked slowly. I grit my teeth.

“Anything I am or am not doing is none of your business!” I replied angrily. “I don’t care if you made the Unbreakable Vow, it’s not my problem!”

“Draco-!”

“No! I’m not listening to you, I have things under control, I’m fine, now leave me alone!” I turned angrily and stalked out of the room. A couple of first years were hanging out by the door, obviously eavesdropping and instantly afraid when they saw me.

“What are you looking at?” I snapped at them, and they scattered into the room.

The bell rung. I swore. By now, all the classroom doors would be locked and I would have no choice but to stay out here. I briefly considered going to class late even though it would look suspicious, but deciding that I felt like being careless for the day, I slung my bag off my shoulders and threw it against the wall. It made a satisfying crash as the books fell to the floor and crashed to the ground. I took off my robes –I was wearing my regular day-out clothes underneath- and hurled them to the wall, too. They weren’t quite as filling, but I figured it would have to do. Breathing heavily, I leaned against the wall across the hallway.

My sudden outburst attracted attention. Snape’s door opened. His eyebrows arched his eyes traveled from me to my things.

“You’ll want to pick those up.” He said coldly. It was the first time he was ever icy towards me. I shuddered. I could see now why Potter and the rest of them didn’t care for him.

He turned swiftly back into his classroom, then shut the door.

I took in a shaky breath, letting myself sink to the ground.

I held my head in between my hands, and I was taking in deep, shaking breaths.

How was it that one nice deed and two meetings with Granger already had me forgetting my task with the Dark Lord? I was too easily distracted. Maybe it was the fact that I really hadn’t wanted to do this in the first place.

I heard footsteps. Allowing myself a slight scowl, I composed my face then used a spell to gather my books and sit them up beside me.

And who but Loony Lovegood to stumble past me? She was holding a book in her hands, wearing some ridiculous-looking goggles. When she passed me, she stopped. Looking at me, she cocked her head slightly.

“Your head’s full of Nargles.” She told me. It was so unexpected and so irrelevant to what had been going on, what was going through my head that I laughed.

She smiled. “You know, I would’ve expected you to say something more like, ‘Get away, Loony.’” I shifted uncomfortably.

“Yeah, well, I would’ve expected you to just keep walking.” I retorted. Her smile widened just a tiny bit.

“So,” She asked, the stupid looking goggles still held firmly in place. “What are you doing out here?”

“None of your business!” I snapped.

She smiled. “Why are you so tense?”

“I’m not tense. I just don’t make conversation with loonies.”

Her smile faded. “If you really see it that way…” She said quietly. Turning, she walked away. I watched her go for a few seconds, then hurried after her.

“Lovegood! Lovegood!” She turned and faced me. She was calm.

“Yes, Draco?” She asked. Her eyes were slightly cool, but other than that, her regularly undisturbed look was held firmly in place.

“I…” I paused, not quite sure how to say it. It had been a long time since I apologized to anyone. “I’m… sorry. I‘m- um, I’m…”

“That’s enough, Malfoy.”

I swiveled around to face Potter, Granger, and the Weasel. Potter was standing there, wand drawn. The Weasel was smirking, but Granger looked patient- almost as if waiting to see what would happen from the sidelines.

“What do you want, Potter?” I hissed, taking out my own wand.

“Nothing. Much.” His eyes went to Lovegood. “He bothering you, Luna?”

“No.” she replied cheerfully. “I’m okay. I’ll see you later, Harry!” She turned and skipped away, leaving Potter with narrowed eyes.

“Did you do something to her?” He demanded.

I rolled my eyes. “Why would I do something to Lovegood?”

“I’m having trouble seeing why someone would want to do any slave work for Voldemort.” He hissed. Ron sort of snickered and gasped at the same time, and Granger looked both shocked and furious.

“Harry-!” She began, but Snape chose that moment to make an appearance.

“Did you just accuse Mr. Malfoy of working for the Dark Lord?” He asked quietly. Potter said nothing, only continued to glare at me.

“Manners, Potter. That’s the foulest thing you could’ve thought to utter.”

“But-“

“Fifty points from Gryffindor for accusing someone of working for the Dark Lord.” Snape said in his usual snide voice. “And you should be more careful about what you’re doing, Mr. Malfoy. You may give off the wrong signals.” I heard the double meaning in that, and turned away. Potter was fuming.

“Come on, Ron, Hermione.” They obediently began to follow.

“What are you, his puppets?” I called after them. They didn’t even break stride. Anything that came out of my mouth wasn’t worth listening to. Not to them, not to anyone.

Hope you like it :)
Jeez, I just realized how long this is...
Thanks Nina :)
I love it!! you need to start writing it again
Haha thanks :) I was thinking that just yesterday. I've already gotten the next few chapters written, it's just in the 'editing' stage now.

Chapter Four: Less Than Human/Goals

POV: Hermione

“He’s really foul.” Harry was fuming. “They both are. They’re barely even human.”

They’re barely even human…

“Harry, you can’t know if he’s really working for Voldemort.” I tried to persuade him that it wasn’t plausible, but he refused to be moved. I knew, of course, that he was one hundred percent on the mark, but I wasn’t sure if Draco was considering changing sides. If he was, I wasn’t going to ruin his opportunity. 

“Hermione, you heard Snape! You may give off the wrong signals… What else could he have possibly meant? You had to have heard the double meaning in that, Hermione!” 

I sighed, feigning disgust, and lifted myself off the couch in the common room. “Harry, you should be more concerned with things that are one hundred percent solid- like getting the memory from Slughorn. Dumbledore gave you a mission, and you’re ignoring it.”

My attempt to change the subject succeeded. “I have tried, haven’t I? And he shoved me out of the room before I had the chance even to fully articulate the request!” 

Harry only spoke so formally when he was stressed or angry, and I believed he was both. So I told him that I would meet them in the Great Hall. Hurrying out the door, past the Fat Lady’s portrait, I sprinted away, not wanting to give Harry the chance to read the guilt in my eyes.

I was walking when I heard a shrilly girlish giggle coming from around the corner. I froze. No, it couldn’t be him. I pulled out an Extendable Eye –which I had gotten from Fred & George’s- and peeked around the corner. My heart sank.

Of course, as I had predicted, it was Ron and Lavender, snogging eagerly in the middle of the empty corridor. I watched only for a few seconds- only as long as I could take it. It was long enough for Ron to finally open his eyes and catch sight of the eye. He pulled away and began hurrying towards it, an angry yet –was it fearful?- expression. 

I didn’t give him the chance to catch up. I dropped the Eye and fled, rounding the corner just as I heard Ron stammer the first syllable of my name, then stutter and manage to pass it off as a distorted ‘Lavender’.

To get to the Great Hall from where I was, I would have to go past them, and that definitely wasn’t happening. I could make it without dinner for tonight. I had gone days without eating before, thanks to my homework. And if I really became too hungry, I would just call a house-elf. I felt sick to my stomach at the thought, but I decided desperate times call for desperate measures.

I went to the only place I could: Moaning Myrtle’s. I dashed inside. I saw a flash of dark hair, but I assumed it was another girl. I threw myself in a stall and slammed the door shut. I murmured a spell to make sure the other person couldn’t unlock it, then pulled my feet onto the toilet lid and tucked my knees to my chest. I was planning to hold my tears until the other person left, but I found that I could only keep them in control for a few seconds. Tears streamed freely down my face. I managed to keep my sobs from escaping my throat.

The other person was walking out- or so I thought, just as I had believed it had only been one person. They came and stopped at the door of my stall. I heard a snicker.

“What’s the matter, Granger, got an B in Potions?” They both guffawed. I knew by the sound of the voice that it was Crabbe. Most likely the other one was Goyle. I dried my tears. I felt my expression harden. I unlocked the door and stepped out with my wand ready.

“Excellent.” Goyle muttered, a smile forming on his face. He and Crabbe both pulled out their wands. Together, they felt overconfident. I outnumbered the amount of spells they knew combined by nearly ten to one- they didn’t stand a chance as far as I was concerned.

Footsteps. Low at first, almost as if they were simply passing by. Then they became louder until it was clear their intention was to make it to the bathroom. I pleaded that it would be someone who would help me, or go get a Professor. And wouldn’t you know it?

It was Malfoy.

His eyes flickered to mine. I silently pleaded with him. His eyes wavered, then hardened again.

“What do you blokes think you’re doing?” He demanded, turning to Crabbe and Goyle.

“Teaching the Mudblood some manners.” Goyle replied. I snorted.

Malfoy glared at me, then faced Crabbe and Goyle. “Don’t you two have more important things to do than corner a Mudblood in a bathroom?”

Crabbe and Goyle stared at him, then hastily shoved away their wands. They scuffled out of the bathroom.

Malfoy turned to face me. His eyes were calmer now, but they weren’t the same as the clear, happy expression from when we talked in the Room of Requirement. “Are you alright?”

I nodded, putting my wand away. He watched me for a few seconds, then a slow smile played along the edges of his lips. “That’s one-eighth of my debt repaid.”

I laughed anxiously. “Good.”

He paused. “What were you doing in here anyways?” He asked, his tone somewhat accusatory. 

I sighed. “Hiding from Ron and Lavender.” I mumbled. I felt my lungs being constricted. 

Malfoy studied me, then did something I would’ve never have predicted his as next move. He gently clutched my hand, then pulled me into a hug. He hugged me at the waist, I pulled my arms around his neck, feeling his heartbeat through his chest. 

I thought about this. Ron Weasley had such a powerful effect on me that I was turning to Draco Malfoy –Slytherin Prince and half-blood hater- for comfort. The thought made fresh tears spring to my eyes, but I admitted to myself, I kind of liked it. Having someone to turn to other than Ginny, who would just tell me her brother was a bloke, or Harry, who would simply beg for me not to speak of Ron while in front of him. Of course, there was always Luna… but she was too honest. I was afraid to hear what she might say. Draco always seemed to know when to comfort and when to just not say anything at all. I liked that about him. I squeezed him tighter.

I heard someone take a sharp intake of breath. I sprung away from Draco, and he looked too startled to move. There stood Harry at the door, far beyond shock. I couldn’t necessarily blame him. My eyes darted down to my shoes, then I glanced up at Draco.

Draco gazed at him for a few seconds, then turned to me. “I’ll see you later.” I wondered if that meant he would still meet me in the Come and Go room. He swiftly shoved past Harry, saying, “Move, Potter.” I heard the door open and slam. I reluctantly pulled my eyes off the floor to see Harry’s eyes piecing mine. 

“Hermione?” He whispered. His eyes were wide, his jaw hanging down to his chest. 

I swallowed. “Yes?”

“What- What were you doing?” He asked, staring at me. 

“Nothing. I mean, just… talking to Draco.” I stuttered.

“Did he jinx you?” 

My guilt vanished, annoyance taking its place. “Do you honestly think anyone at this school could take me besides the professors?”

He shook his head, not as an answer, but as if he were trying to shake something from his thoughts. “Wha- Ron told me-“

“I don’t want to hear or care about anything the Weasel has  told you about me.” I interrupted. “So don’t bother with telling me. I don’t want anymore to do with him.” I pushed past Harry, who looked dumbfounded. I hurried down the hall. 

The Great Hall was out. Myrtle’s was a no. The girls dormitories were a definite no. I didn’t want to explain to Ginny where I’d been. Not now. Where to go, where to go…

I headed towards the stairs. I took them two at a time, eager to get to my destination so I could sit and relax. I paced back and forth in front of the Room of Requirement. I need the room where you allow people to go to think…

The door appeared after what seemed much too long. I hurried through, and it closed tight behind me. 

The room was, as usual, very dark. I usually didn’t mind it this way, but now I felt unsafe in the dark. I wished for light, and the entire room brightened. In a once dark corner sat Draco, staring at the ceiling, a look I couldn’t place in his eye. 
“Hey.”

I looked at him, then slowly said, “Hey.” 

His eyes never left the ceiling. “What did Potter think?”

I continued to gaze at him, wondering what he was thinking. “He was suspicious. He’d thought you’d jinxed me.”

Draco snorted, finally looking at me. “He’d honestly thought I’d stood a chance against you?”

I smiled a tiny bit. “I guess.”

“Stupid git.” He muttered. Standing up, he took out his wand. I tensed, waiting to see what he would do.

He tossed it aside, then walked towards the center of the room. Sitting down, he gestured for me to come.
I took my wand and tossed it aside as well, then sat next to him, not in front of him as we usually did.

He wrapped an arm around me. “You aren’t still torn up about Weasley and Brown, are you?” He asked.

I shook my head. “I’m fine for now.” He remained silent.

I couldn’t help but let my mind wander down dangerous paths. What did Harry think when he saw us? Is he going to tell anyone? Who is he going to tell? What is he going to tell them? Did it look as if… we were romantically involved?

Before I could contemplate this further, Draco asked, “What does Potter think of me?”

I shrugged, glancing at him. His eyes were focused upwards again. “He’s… guessing. He thinks you’ve been turned into a Death Eater.” I paused, then whispered. “He’s got it all wrong. He said you’re foul. That you’re less than human.”

Draco’s eyes were suddenly looking down at his left forearm. They bore into it. I froze.

“You didn’t-“ I started, but silenced at the look of malice in his eye. I gently pulled away from him. I reached for his left sleeve, then paused to see if this was okay. He made no move to stop me, so I continued. 

I pulled back his sleeve, and there it was. The small, dark snake like mark on his forearm. I gasped softly when I saw it. I knew what it looked like, of course, but I’d never seen one in real life, let alone up close. Most people liked to keep theirs hidden. 

I looked up at Draco, but his eyes were focused upwards again. Now I understood why he did that so often. Before, it simply looked as if he were bored, but now he definitely looked as if he cared- his eyes looked watery, and I could tell he wanted badly to cry.

“Draco.” I whispered. Taking care to place his sleeve back to its normal placement, I wrapped my arms around his neck. He was trembling slightly, and I felt dampness on my cheek- I realized it was tears.

Draco took in a quivering breath, then pushed me away. I sat criss-cross applesauce in front of him and watched as a tear rolled down his face. I yearned to comfort him, but I was afraid he didn’t want me to.

He sat like that for a few minutes, saying nothing. Then he said, “I wished this would all just disappear.” His gaze was on the ceiling again. “I wish that I could just sit somewhere and wait for it to be over. So that there was no more secrecy. No more lies, no more acts… no more pretending to be something I’m not. No more trying to live up to my father’s standards instead of ever being able to make decisions for myself, to set my own goals.”

I contemplated that. “I can help you.”

His chin jerked down. He stared me down, but I didn’t tear my eyes away from his.

“How?” His voice was full of contempt.. “You can’t help me. No one can. I haven’t got the strength or the courage.”

“I can.” I whispered. “I can.”

His eyes were full of pleading. “Don’t tease me.”

“I’m not.” I objected. Pulling out my wand, I murmured, “Accio parchment! Accio quill!” The objects flew towards me and landed on the floor. I scribbled across the top: Draco’s Goals

He stared at me in disbelief. I handed him the quill.

“Write down all the things you want done the most by the end of this year, and don’t lie. These are your goals, and I’m not going to show them to anyone else. I’m not going to tell you a goal is dumb, or wrong. Whatever you put on this list, I’ll help you accomplish, no matter what it is. I promise.” I added as he raised his eyebrows. “And remember, these are things you want to do, not things you feel compelled to do.”

“And this will help me?” He asked flatly.

I shrugged. “It helped me. When I was younger.” I glanced at a clock on the wall. “Shoot, we’re going to be late for dinner.”
I placed my wand down my sleeve. Draco rolled up the parchment and shoved it in his cloak. We both awkwardly rose to our feet and walked towards the door.

“So…” He said uneasily. “I guess I’ll catch up with you tomorrow?”

I bit my lip, but then replied, “Yes.” I hoped it was true.

“Alright, then.” He opened the door. “Tomorrow.”

While I walked out with him holding the door, I couldn’t help but wonder how many more tomorrows we would keep this- this strained, awkward, and most definitely forbidden friendship.

A/N So... This chapter probably seemed really cheesy, haha, but I updated, at least! (For the first time in months.) So PLEASE R&R!! I know this chapter isn't that great, but the next chapter, I can promise, is going to be much more eventful. I'll delete this FF if I don't get enough reviews. XOXO

AMAZING! Please keep me updated!
Thanks! :)
When are you going to update?

EEK! I forgot this was here!

I'll have to check on it, not to mention even find out if I still have it, which I probably do, my computer is so full from stuff back in fourth grade.

But anyways, so sorry, I was thinking about this, but I wasn't sure if they were going to delete FFs that weren't related to Twilight too, because of the new rules... I'll have the next chapter posted in a few days, but like I said, I have to find it...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service