The Twilight Saga

This fabulous banner was made by the one and only Mieke

Click here --> HERE!<-- to visit her banner shop!

Preface:

In a place known to those who live there as Threchan: three societies reside. These societies are permanent, once born into one; there is no escaping its deadly claws. You must abide by the rules or be executed. There is no sympathy for those who disobey the law. Any breach of the law is considered heinous and will not be taken lightly.  Those who obey will be reworded at the age of 82.

You are expected to obey.

(Please add me if you would like to be updated!)

Click HERE to see a multitude of banners made by me and others for Treason!

Views: 1327

Replies to This Discussion

poor Abbot and love it keep me posted!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Will do Tikki! =)

LOOOOVE it

Yayyyy!

Chapter Three; Part Three

“Oh my!” Jo heard Anabel exclaim.

“What happened?” Jo asked, rushing over to the two of them, Anabel directly behind her.

“Botinan prejudice,” Was the only answer Henry gave them. He brought Abbot over to a bench that was off of Comida’s property. Abbot’s body seemed to fall off of Henry and then slouch onto the bench.

Jo’s eyes couldn’t believe what they were seeing. He seemed just fine when he had taken away their dirty plates. “What happened?” She found herself asking again, but this time to Abbot, not to Henry.

Abbot was slouched over; he had his head in his hands. She could already see his knee swelling. That must’ve been what the smacking sound had been. He looked up to Jo who was now kneeling in front of him. He shook his head. “Nothing, I just hadn’t been doing my job right.” He said distantly. Jo could see his lip, already swelled up and bleeding.

Jo felt the need to reach out and touch his shoulder or knee or something to comfort him but also felt that she should keep her hands to herself.

“What did you do the other man?” Anabel asked Henry, who was breathing heavily. The thought of the man who did this to Abbot hadn’t crossed Jo’s mind until then. She looked over to Henry, expecting the answer.

“I- uh, well, I hit him.” Henry answered, still breathless.

“You hit him?” Both Anabel and Jo yelled at the same time.

“Well, yeah, he was about to hit Abbot again, I panicked, I didn’t know what else to do.” Henry answered as if he was being scolded.

“You can’t hit a Bonitan Henry! You know how much trouble you’ll get in if he decides to tell someone?” Anabel yelled, as if she was scolding him.

“He won’t.” Abbot said.

“And why not?” Anabel asked, turning to him.

“Because of what he did to me, we’re supposed to keep peace remember?” He said bitterly.

“He’s right.” Henry said. “He wouldn’t put his own butt on the line for one hit when he nearly mutilated him.” Henry finished gesturing to Abbot.

Anabel sighed and then looked Abbot over. “Do you think you need to go to the hospital?” She asked, her voice growing gentler.

“No.” He answered quickly.

“Are you sure?” She asked the same time Henry said, “Of course he does, look at that knee.”

“I’m fine, really.” Abbot said, but Jo could hear the lie in his voice.

Henry sighed and shook his head.

“Please let us take you to the hospital Abbot; It’d be no trouble at all.” Anabel said, walking over to squat in front of him.

“No, really, I’m fine.” Abbot said, getting up off of the bench and walking a few steps as if to prove himself. “I should really just walk it off, and then rest it, I’ll be fine.” He said, his voice more convincing now, but Jo still wasn’t sure about leaving him.

“Can we walk you home or anything?” Anabel asked, taking the words right out of Jo’s mind.

“No, I think I’ll be-“

“Of course we’re going to walk him home Anabel, we aren’t just going to leave him here.” Henry said impatiently, wiping sweat off of his brow.

“I’ll really be fine, you don’t have to.”

“Please, it’s the least we could do.” Anabel said to him.

Abbot sighed, giving in and then began walking in the direction that Jo assumed was the direction of his house. He was obviously limping, but at the same time, he obviously didn’t want any help walking. Jo stayed a step behind him with Anabel and Henry.

Henry looked incredibly tired and Anabel had this strange look of sympathy mixed with annoyance on her face. Her eyes were soft whereas the edges of her mouth her ridged.

Jo could tell by the slump in Abbot’s back and by his avoidance of looking at them that he was uncomfortable. He was probably uncomfortable that he had three people following him home. He kept clearing his throat and kneading his fingers.

“Um, Anabel, Henry, I think I can walk Abbot home alone.” Jo said bravely. She felt her nerves begin working. What would they say, what would he say?

Both Anabel and Henry looked down at her a bit shocked. Jo wasn’t ever the one to really take charge. “He just seems a bit uncomfortable with all of us here. . .” Jo whispered up to her family members.

Henry shook his head, “I’d let you guys walk to his house alone if it was day light, but it’s nearly dark and you’ll have to walk back to our house alone, so no.” Henry said, stating a quick point and crossing his arms over his chest.

Anabel patted his arm, “He’s right, dear, we couldn’t let you walk back home alone.” She said, but still made Henry slow down so that they weren’t hovering over Abbot as they walked.

That left Jo to walk awkwardly behind Abbot. He kept his quick pace, despite the limp. Jo felt the silence grow awkward without Anabel and Henry’s little mutterings audible any longer. She racked her brain for something, anything to say, but couldn’t think of anything creative.

“Um, I’m sorry about them, they’re really, uh, protective of things.” Jo said, stating the obvious.

“It’s okay,” Abbot’s voice replied although he didn’t really look at her, Jo could see his cheek bones rise in a smile.

“I’m, uh, also sorry about your knee. Was it our fault? Was it something that he did to the table or did we not leave a big enough tip or, was it because we didn’t finish our food, or-“Jo’s nervous, paranoid ramble was cut off by Abbot’s chuckling. “Why are you laughing?”

“You’re really bad at small talk.” He replied, looking over his shoulder at her.

Jo felt her face flush a bit. “Well, I don’t see you trying to fill in the silence.” She said.

“That’s because it wasn’t bothering me.” He said, still looking down at her, he had slowed his pace slightly so now they were walking on the same level.

“Oh.” Jo said quietly, looking forward and then down at her feet.

“There’s an art to small talk you know. And it’s not blaming yourself for other’s misfortunes.” She could hear the smirk in his voice. “It’s really just about being cheerful and picking common topics. You get to learn that when you go to waiter school.”

Jo looked up at him, “there’s no such thing as waiter school,” she said promptly.

“Nope,” Abbot said, still smirking down at her.

Jo’s eyebrows turned together  for a second as she stared at him questioningly. Had he hit his head too hard?

After a while his pace slowed even more until he eventually stopped. “This is my house,” He said, turning to face the building.

Henry and Anabel caught up to them in a matter of seconds. “Is this it?” Henry asked, though it was obvious that it was.

“Yup. So, uh, thanks for-“

“We should probably tell your parents what happened. . .” Anabel said, cutting him off, Henry was already hallway up the sidewalk to Abbot’s doorway.

“You really don’t have to-“Henry knocked on the door loudly, interrupting Abbot’s protest. They were treating him like such a child.

An elderly lady opened the door. She was small and bent with age. Her white hair was pulled back into a bun, little wisps poking out here and there. She walked out and peered up at Henry. “Hello?” She asked in a sweet voice. “Oh, Abby, I see that you’re home, come on in dear.” Jo felt her chest clench for the smallest of seconds. The way the lady had said dear reminded Jo of her grandmother. Anabel had picked it up from their grandmother, but it bothered Jo when Anabel said it. When this woman said it, it sounded just like her grandmother.

Abbot began walking up the pathway, “Ma’am, we should let you know that Abbot got into a bit of trouble at work today with a Bonitan.” Henry said, backing up and letting Abbot through the door.

“Oh? I can see that he’s hurt, was it the Bonitan?” She asked, looking up at Henry.

“Yes, ma’am it was.” Henry answered her respectfully.

“Why don’t you come in for a while and tell me about it? You see I’m very old and standing out here hurts by back.” She answered, and walked into her house without letting Henry answer.

They all followed her in. “Dear, would you mind going into the bathroom, and getting the aid kit for Abbot? I can’t see well enough to bandage him up, but you seem like you’d be good at it.” The old woman said to Jo, patting Jo’s arm with her soft wrinkled hands.

“Sure.” Jo said, “Um, wheres. . .” Jo didn’t get to finish asking her question, Henry was already explaining what happened to Abbot to the lady. Jo sighed and walked around the corner of the living room, into the hallway, looking for the bathroom.

It was relatively easy to find considering that it was a small house. Jo grabbed the kit and then went to look for Abbot. She found him in the room at the end of the hall, sitting on his bed. He had pulled his shirt off, and pulled the knee of his shorts up his thigh. He sat there, bending and un-bending his knee, pain written all over his face. Jo knocked lightly on the door frame.

“Your grandmother sent me in here with this.” She said quietly, trying to not stare at him. She had never seen a boy other than her brother and Henry shirtless before. It was like she was looking at something that she wasn’t supposed to, something that she would get in trouble for, but she knew it wasn’t.

“Yeah, she does that, she doesn’t like to do things herself. She uses the “I’m old” excuse, but she’s just gotten lazy in her old age.” Abbot smiled at her. “I can do that myself.” He said.

“You really don’t like help do you?” She asked.

“Why would you say that?”

“Because you’ve tried to turn us down from helping you like four times.” She said, her eyebrows rising.

“No I haven’t.”

“Yes you have.” She smiled softly, and walked into his room. For such a small house, it was pretty spacious in there. She set the kit down on his bed and took out something to wrap his knee with. “You really should let someone take you to the doctor, this could be really bad, look how swollen it is. . .”

“It’ll be fine as soon as we wrap it and I rest it.”

“If you say so.”

“I do say so.” Abbot said in a goofy voice, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

Jo began to wrap his knee gently, her hands shaking slightly. Being this close to another human being other than the ones she was related to made her nervous. She never got out of her house much.

“A bit tighter,” He said in a low voice, when she looked up she could see the pain written on his face, his eyes were closed, eyebrows pulled together.

“Are you sure?”

“Yup.”

Jo wrapped his knee tighter and then grabbed cotton to clean his nose with. “This might sting a bit. . .” She touched the medicated cotton to his nose, he didn’t flinch but she could feel his shoulders tighten. “Sorry,” she said under breath.

“It’s okay, it needs to be cleaned, are you done?” He asked as she pulled away. Jo nodded, and sat down on the bed as she closed up the kit, holding the bloodied cotton in her fingers. She would throw it away when she left the room.

“Thanks.” Abbot said, watching her put the things back in the kit, Jo would have replied but was struck speechless at the quilt they were sitting on. It looked just like the ones that her grandmother had made her and her siblings.

“Did your grandmother make this quilt?” Jo asked suddenly.

Abbot’s brows pulled together, “Uh, yeah, why?” He asked.

“It just looks a lot like mine. I mean the one my grandmother made me, and my brother and sister.”

“Oh, I bet they were in the same sewing club or something, these patterns were probably popular back then. Quilting must’ve been a good way for Faiens to make money.”

“It was.” Jo said, remembering it from her studies.

Jo stared at the quilt a while longer, she felt like there was something that she was missing. She wanted to know more about the quilts and why they looked so similar, but it was probably just a coincidence.

“You know, You’ve never formally introduced yourself.” Abbot said, watching Jo’s contemplative face.

“What? Yes I have. . .” But Jo realized that she really hadn’t.

“I’ve heard your sister call you Jo, and I’ve heard you all talking, so I know your names, we were just never formally introduced.” He stated.

“You introduced yourself a few weeks ago when we were there with James though.” She said.

“Yeah, but I never got your names.” He said, a smirk forming.

“Well, you said you already know our names so is there a point?” She asked gently, not being rude.

“Well, yeah. I want to know what “Jo” is short for.” He answered.

Jo smiled and shook her head a bit. “Jolene, it’s short for Jolene.”

Okay guys, I am SO sorry that this update took so long! 

I'm out of school now so hopefully I'll be able to update faster! =D

I also have a new story titled Eternally Yours.

It's a reboot of one of my older stories, so if you have the extra time I'd really appreciate it if you could go check it out! =D

(Just click the book cover below)

Anyways, please don't forget to leave any opinions, predictions, tips, and comments! =)

-Claire Bear.

OMG! I love it more!

But I'm just sad that Abbot's got hurt badly which he claims he didnt. Liar! What? Jo what there fast enough to fall. Awww. she does care for Abbot or is attracted to him but doesnt know. What so ever. They are starting to know or start having a humanly conversation.

Well, I'm just glad Henry hit that fool who beat Abbot. and that Anabel and Henry care for Abbot health that they follow him home too.

Awww. Jo's clean Abbot little bruise. Awww. I think that sweet.

I LOVE IT. UPDATED SOOOOONNNN!

xD Thanks Edith! I always love hearing from you! 

You have the best reactions to my chapters! xD

Thanks for reading girlie!

I'm glad you liked it!

Aww. Your welcome :)

Of course I'll read your stories. Your a great writer.

NICE UPDATE CLAIRE!

Omigod, why didn't Abbot want them to follow him home? Some sort of manly pride thing? I like the foreshadowing of the quilt thing, I can tell it was more than just stuffing in a conversation :3

And, I like the whole scene where Jo is with Abbot in his room *dreamy sigh*.

Why does Abbot live with his grandma?

Overall, GREATNESS!

You'll find out soon why he lives with his grandma. =) If you remember any of the plot that we were discussing forever ago when this story was just an idea it has something important to with the story line. =P

Thanks girlie! It's always nice to hear your opinions and such on my updates! =D

Loved the chapter. There is definitely a bond forming between Jo and Abbot.  I do hope they get together.   There must be something more to the similarity between the quilt patterns.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading girlie! I can't wait for you all to read what happens next! =P

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service