The Twilight Saga

Have you ever wondered why Edward was so devoted to Bella? Why he was so crushed when he had to leave her? Why he was reluctant to get close to her? Why he was so protective of her? Why he was so depressed and resentful of vampire life? Why the Cullens were so quick to vote "yes" on her transformation? It's because he didn't tell Bella the whole story. It's because Bella wasn't the first "singer" he encountered. It's because Bella wasn't the first human he fell in love with.

-----------------------------------

Prologue

It couldn't be happening again. Not again. He had already been through so much in his too-long life to have this girl move here – and be right here. He knew it wasn't her fault; she couldn't help herself. But he couldn't suppress a black-eyed glare in her direction, which she returned with a timid turn of the head.

He gripped the easily breakable desk to restrain himself. One slip, and it would be all over. He knew that for a fact. Her beautiful chocolate brown eyes, which he had seen for only a second, were comparable to green eyes he'd been lost in so long ago. The scent was too familiar, also.

Memories tried to surge up, memories he'd rather leave in the past. He had been doing that successfully for over fifty years now – had it really been that long? Time went so fast.

Through sheer willpower, he managed to push them back into the deep recesses of his mind, at least for now. He could think about her later, on the trip. He'd already made up his mind to get away from her. He couldn't bear to stay here, with this new girl. This bringer of bittersweet memories.

Did Biology always take this long? A fraction of a second before the bell rang, he was out of his seat, moving a bit too quickly for the human crowd around him. He sensed she was watching, but, like during lunch, he couldn't decipher her thoughts. And maybe that was a good thing. He didn't want to hear what this personal demon had to say.

Thirty minutes later, after dropping his worried brothers and sisters off at home and switching cars with his adoptive father, he sped off to nowhere in particular. Maybe Alaska. Maybe not. He couldn't imagine being near other people right now.

And there the memories were, slapping him in the face. Reminding him of a time when he was happy. Reminding him of how he ruined everything.

------------------------------------

If anyone makes banners, I kind of need one. I'd be very grateful. Anyways, leave comments telling me what you think. Happy reading. :)

Views: 134

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

can't wait for more
me niether!! its great!!

Fifteen

Ellie hadn't even thought about the consequences of her actions. She'd shrugged them off, thinking that maybe they'd look for her – hence the police officer in the park – but they'd eventually let her go. Forget about her. It was silly and irrational, but that's what she thought.

She was soon finding out that wasn't the case.

Edward and Ellie were watching TV. They weren't alone in the house, but they were the only ones in the living room. Ellie was constantly snuggling closer, though there already weren't any gaps between their bodies.

They had settled on I Love Lucy, but neither was really concentrating on the show. Both could be seen glancing at the other, and every so often their eyes would meet. These times, they would just smile and look back at the television.

Ellie had never had a color TV. It was novel to see the red of Lucille Ball's lipstick instead of dark gray. Edward was just awaiting the time when the cameras would be of better quality.

The nightly news came on afterwards, and neither of them made any move to change it. An anchorwoman calmly discussed the beating – and killing – of a four year old girl.

“Penny Whitman was found in her apartment earlier today. Authories say she was only four when she died.” It cut to footage of Penny, a black-haired girl who would have been beautiful if not for the bruises all over her face. Her mother was standing off to the side, bawling.

“The police have a suspect in custody. Her father, Bruce Whitman, is believed to be the only person around at the time of the beating, though he is adamant about his innocence.”

“How awful,” Ellie said. “I can't believe a father would do something like that.”

“Now to the nationwide search for Elizabeth Kendrick. The pop superstar was last seen on May twentieth, one week ago, by police officer Adam Richards.”

“I just want my baby back,” Ellie's mother said. Her eyes were teary and she had to turn away from the camera.

“It definitely wasn't a kidnapping,” the police officer said. “She said, and I quote, 'I'll go back at my own leisure.'”

“The family is offering a reward of ten thousand dollars for the runaway. With no apparent motive and no place to stay, authorities are baffled by her disappearance.

“After the break, our experts will break down last night's Presidential speech. We'll be right back after these messages.”

Edward turned the TV off and returned to the couch. Neither of them spoke for a few minutes.

“Ellie,” he started.

“I'm not going back.”

“But...”

“No. I couldn't go back. You know very well I'm in too deep to go to the surface again. I couldn't bear it.”

“Your mother.”

“She'll be fine.”

“You were talking about how 'a father could do that'. Is your situation that different?”

She was furious that he would say something like that, but in the back of her mind, she realized that it was absolutely right. How could she do this to her parents?

“That's completely different,” she growled.

“How?”

She ripped herself away and stomped up the stairs. He heard the door slam. It took a minute or two, but the sound of sniffles made their way downstairs. Then flat-out crying. Her thoughts were a jumbled mess of Edward, her parents, her friends, her future... He couldn't listen for long.

But what was he to do? She couldn't stay with him. Unless...would she agree, once she knew every detail? The plan refined itself in his mind. It just might work, he thought. It just might work.

-------------------------------------

Sorry it's a bit short, but it's another one of those pesky set-up chapters. Anyways, hopefully another chapter on Sunday. Thanks everyone for reading. :)

AHA!!!
hes going to turn her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg u have to post more plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D
wooooooooo we want more! no pressure!
no Edward don't change her..
plans 2 change
wants to change her but he dont cuz oviosly bella later...;.
I TOTALLY LOVE THE STORY!!!! MORE PLZ
Love your story, please keep me updated!
this is really good!!!

Sixteen

Ellie heard the voices before they came into her room; surprising, as she could barely hear her own thoughts over her crying. He was right. How could she do this to her parents? But she couldn't go back either. How could she live without Edward?

“Are you sure?”

“It's the only way.”

“You would do that to her?”

“It's her decision.”

“I'll wait out here.”

Three knocks. “Can I come in?” Edward said through the closed door.

She sniffled, wiped her nose, and replied, “Yeah.”

He was on the bed in an instant. “I'm sorry I was so harsh down there.”

“Me too. I shouldn't have yelled at you.”

A short kiss. “Ellie, I have to talk to you.” She straightened up and looked at him. “It's about staying.”

“I'm not going back.”

“You didn't let me finish. I've figured out a way for you to stay with us. It involves...changing our circumstances a bit.”

“Okay...”

He took her hand. “See, all of us Cullens started out the same way. To become a vampire, you need to be...changed.”

“Changed?”

He hesitated for a second. Was he really planning on taking away her humanity? But he was giving her the choice, he argued. After he told her everything, she could choose. “Bitten.”

“Oh.”

“I love you, Ellie, and I want you to stay with me. I don't really see any other way than to change you. If you stayed human, well, it's hard for all of us, especially me.”

“Why especially you?” Her face didn't show any emotions, mostly because her mind was blank. What was she supposed to think?

“You...call to me...so much more than anyone else. You've wondered why I can't get close to you. That's why.”

“My blood is harder to resist?”

“Like a drug.”

“So it sings to you? I'm your singer?”

He laughed. “Exactly. So you see, if you stayed human, it would be hard on all of us to be in such close proximity with you on a daily basis. Not that we couldn't deal with it, I just don't want to put you in danger. Another benefit: we could stay together forever.”

“Why couldn't we be together forever otherwise?”

“Humans die, Ellie.”

“You mean...you don't...die?”

He let that sink in for a minute. “We could run away together. We'd never have to worry about anyone finding us. We'd always be one step ahead of your family.”

She shuddered. “I'd never be able to see my family again, would I?”

“No, Ellie. You wouldn't.”

She weighed the options in her mind. Edward and the Cullens versus her family. Of course she loved her family to death, but was her bond with Edward stronger than that? She wasn't sure.

“And there's no other way? I couldn't stay human with you?”

“Not really.”

“I need to think.”

“Okay.”

“Alone.”

“I won't listen.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“You know I love you, Edward. No matter what I choose, know I love you.”

“I love you too, Ellie. But don't let that influence your decision. Choose what feels right in your heart.”

It was an impossible decision. Her mother, who'd always had such a strong bond with Ellie. Her brother, her father. Or Edward. True love. She hesitated for a minute. True love? Was it really true love? Or was it just a silly schoolgirl crush? No, it felt stronger than that. Plain old love? Whatever it was, she knew it would be nearly impossible to separate from him. But wouldn't it be nearly impossible to permanently separate from her family too? No phone calls, no visits.

She sighed and let it go. It was too hard to think about. She didn't have to choose right now.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service