The Twilight Saga

A/N:MUST READ

So, rated Pg13 for it's reasoning. It has some course language that can be suited for a pre-teen, but it's the fact that seeming how Alec is part of the Volturi, and the Volturi wouldn't mind if the Cullens were dead, so Alec does have some threats to kill Alex come out of his mouth.

Thanks for your cooperation. Enjoy the story.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer:

I do not own the Cullens, they belong to Stephanie Meyer. Alex, however belongs to me. The plot belongs to me. The pairing of Alex and Alec was my idea, though it does not belong to me, seeming how it has one of Stephanies original characters involved. The Cullens, woves, humans and setting all belong to Stephanie.

I only own the characters of Alex and Melissa and Raychel. Please ask me if you want to use these Characters. If I give you permission please note in your story that these three belong to me.

That is all. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue
I looked into his eyes. Gold. Like my family. I forgot for a moment that anyone else was there, forgot my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, my cousin. I even forgot about the squirming boy in my arms. Only the man who wore those gold eyes. They used to be red, before he changed to my families ways. My dad and grandpa made him change.
He didn’t change much. He was tempted for the blood of human still. Maybe even more so than uncle Jasper. But he kept to his promise. For him to stay, he had to go, vegetarian, as my grandpa often put it.
He even left his coven, dropping the only way you would tell he was part of it. He goes by the last name of Cullen now, to keep up with the human charade my family puts on in public.
If you were to tell me that I would find love in this man standing before me two years ago, I would have laughed at you. Or attacked you.
Two years ago, I never would have guessed I would have fallen in love with Alec Volturi.

Unwanted Love - Click and Scroll

Summary:
After the Volturi leave Forks, from confronting the Cullens about Renesmee they don't really trust the Cullens anymore. So Aro sends Alec and Jane to Forks to keep an eye on the area.
Alex is the other, unknown hybrid, daughter of Rosalie and Emmett. She is not the easiest to get along with, so when Alec and Jane show up, she isn't to happy. She stays away from them at all costs.
The Cullens leave for a night to go to the Denali coven, leaving Renesmee and Alex behind. Hoping that they can trust Alec enough to keep trouble away.
After Renesmee goes to bed, and Alec and Alex start talking, Alex see's something different in him. Something worth loving, something showing that there are reasons he is stuck with the Volturi.
Over the next few weeks, Alex notices that, without her control or permission she has started to love Alec. Her parent's hate it, and when they find out, they try to keep the two apart.
What will happen to Alex after all this?

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 .............................................................................. Page One

Chapter 2 .............................................................................. Page Two

Chapter 3 .............................................................................. Page Three

Chapter 4 .............................................................................. Page Three

Chapter 5 .............................................................................. Page Four

Chapter 6 .............................................................................. Page Five

Chapter 7 .............................................................................. Page Six

Chapter 8 .............................................................................. Page Seven

Chapter 9 .............................................................................. Page Eight

Chapter 10 ............................................................................. Page Nine

Chapter 11 ............................................................................. Page Nine

Chapter 12 ............................................................................. Page Ten

Chapter 13 ............................................................................. Page Eleven

Chapter 14 ............................................................................. Page Eleven

Chapter 15 ............................................................................. Page Twelve

Chapter 16 ............................................................................. Page Twelve

Chapter 17 ............................................................................. Page Thirteen

Unwanted Friendship -  Click and Scroll

Summary:
Alex is now dealing with her moms death, the best way she can, and that is proving to be very difficult. With the fact that she killed her mom, to bring her best friend back, which did work, but things between Melissa and Alex are different. For starters, Alex can barely look at Melissa, without remembering that Melissa is the result of the death of Alex's mom.
Melissa is different too. She's not human, and she's not a vampire. She's a corpse. A living, dead body. So she must be a zombie right? No. A zombie is a mindless, gross walking corpse. Dead, but walking. Melissa is still very smart, and keeps clean. There's also the fact that she is neither dead or alive.
In this installment, you see Alex trying to figure out what exactly Melissa is, struggle with confusing feeling about Alec, deal with her dads over protectiveness, and try to get over her moms death, in a respectful way.
If you liked Unwanted Love, then you wont want to miss it's great sequel Unwanted Friendship, where everything has changed.

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1 .............................................................................. Page Thirteen
Chapter 2 .............................................................................. Page Fourteen
Chapter 3 .............................................................................. Page Fifteen
Chapter 4 .............................................................................. Page Sixteen

Unwanted Regrets - Click and Scroll

Summary:
**Will fill this in when Summary is completed which will be at the end of Unwanted Friendship
Table of Contents:

Chapter 1 ..............................................................................

Meeting Melissa Adams - Click and Scroll

Summary:

We all know Alex's story, but what we don't know is how she met Melissa. We all thought they met at school, which isn't entirely true. Melissa has a backstory of her own, which she had forgotten, until she died, and resurrected.

Melissa originally forgot, because it was to dangerous for her to know they truth, what walks with the humans. But now that she's back from the dead, she remembers.

This is Melissa's story.

She isn't as innocent as you had originally thought.

Table of Contents:

Prologue ............................................................................... Page Fourteen

Chapter 1 .............................................................................. Page Fourteen
Trailer:

Views: 3768

Replies to This Discussion

Chapter Seventeen

Alex's POV

I was sitting downstairs. It had been a week since my mom died, and I felt horrible about it. No one blamed me, yet I still felt so bad. I couldn't look my dad in the eye, I could barely talk to anyone else. I just felt so bad. It was my fault, whether I knew it, or had control of myself or not.

Alec still stayed at my place, in the guest bedroom, yet all the rest of the Volturi went back to Italy. The fact that Alec had kept himself locked away upset me. I didn't know why, but it did. He didn't show up for the mini, funeral of my mom. We didn't do much, just buried what we could, said a few words, and left it at that. I didn't know if I wanted to stay there, since it was my fault she was dead.

I just feel that everything has went down hill since Alec and Jane got here all those months ago. Yet, I just couldn't find it in me to blame Alec, or be mad at him about it. It would have happened either way. Sadie still would have come, still be pissed at my mom, and used me to kill my mom. Melissa's death just happened to be reason enough for me to help Sadie.

Oh, Melissa. Turns out the ritual worked, and she was staying in my moms room, since both her parents are dead, her family thinks she's dead, and so does the rest of the town. I can't really look at Melissa, without feeling guilt. She's now in this, she's the reason my moms dead, because I wanted Melissa back, so I went to talk to her mom, which turned out to be Sadie, and Sadie made me do things I'm not proud of. Obviously.

Sometimes I wish I never met Melissa, maybe then none of this would have happened. Yea the Voltouri would still get involved for who knows what. I still don't completely understand that. But if I didn't know Melissa, then I wouldn't have ever made a best friend who could die so easily, and then I wouldn't have met Sadie, and my mom would still be alive.

I have been spending a lot of time on my own. Slowly remembering what had happened when I wasn't in control, when Sadie was telling me what to do, and when to do it. It took a while, but I traced down my motorcycle, and got it back. I'm still surprised that Sadie made me get rid of it. But now I have it back.

But I have been remembering. I remember that I didn't want to see my mom at all, that Sadie made me think that it was my mom who killed Melissa in the first place, not Alec. That I barely saw my dad. That I spent most my time with Alec. And when I came back to myself, I was surprised to find him kissing me, and he explained that it was the only thing he could think of, in trying to bring me back. I don't fully understand that either.

I already knew that there was something there between Alec and I, whether I wanted there to be or not. But as the memories with him, of those two weeks come back, I realize that the feelings had grown. You might think that if you forget something, including having feelings for someone grow stronger, that when you remember it, the feelings wont grow like the memories do, well they do. And not slowly. They hit you with the memories, and it's a lot to deal with.

I'm not saying that I don't like having these feelings, I guess I do, in a way. I'm just not used to it. It will take some getting used to, since it looks like Alec wont be leaving.

The first step of getting over a problem, is admitting you have a problem. And that's what having feelings for a member of the Volturi is. A problem. It may not feel like a problem, but it is. Especially when you have my dad. Who will be even more protective of me now that my moms dead, and it is the fault of a very powerful, dead, being.

Alec informed everyone, before he went into the guest room, not coming out since, that he sent Sadie's body and head back to Aro, separately, and Aro decided that she was to much a danger, and had her killed. So Sadie's dead.

But back to what I was going on about before. The first step in getting over a problem, is to admit to yourself that you indeed do have a problem. And I do. I like Alec. It's not bad, but it can prove to be a problem. Not exactly a problem that I want to get over, but a problem none the less.

I walked out of my room, and down the hall. I passed Melissa's door, and went to the guest bedroom, and knocked on the door. I looked down, nervous, as the door opened. I looked up at him, my breathing picking up. I closed my eyes for a second, so they wouldn't fill with tears. I wanted to talk to someone about my moms death, who wouldn't jump right into telling me it wasn't my fault, without hearing how I feel about it.

I opened my eyes, only to realize my attempt to hold tears back, had failed, as a tear escaped, and rolled down my cheek, stopping at the edge of the cheek bone.

“Can we talk?” I asked, my voice calm, not revealing how sad I really am. “Somewhere we won't be overheard.” I added, looking at him.

And that's how Alec and I ended up at the abandoned arena. Standing just on the edge of the black circle. The same circle my mom died in, because of me. Because I decided to go to Melissa's house to talk to her mom. The black circle I would come to, so I can talk to my mom. Because this is where she is resting. Not in the small grave in our yard, but here.

We haven't said a word since we left the house, my dad understanding, and knowing that Alec wouldn't let anything happen to me.

My dad trusted Alec around me now. It was Alec who cleared my mind from the black fog, and brought me back. It was Alec who saved me, from myself. My dad would have enough respect to trust Alec wouldn't do anything to hurt me, If he wanted to, I'd be long dead.

“When are you leaving?” I ask, not looking at him. I don't really want to know the answer, I am afraid to know the answer. Afraid it would be to soon.

“I plan to stay for a while. Aro has no need of me at the moment, and he still wants to make sure you and your cousin won't do anything to expose our kind.” Alec replies, and I look up at him for a second, to see he's already looking at me.

“So, you're staying for a while?” I ask.

“I am.” He says.

He knows this isn't what I wanted to talk to him about, but he isn't rushing the topic out, and I'm glad. I don't want to talk about it yet. I want to calm down, make sure I don't start crying. I don't like to cry. I barely every cry. Yet in the past year, I have cried much more than I care to admit.

“I don't want to rip out your eyes.” He says, and I'm confused, it takes me a moment to understand, but I remember. That night, after we kissed the first time. He came in, getting mad at me, blaming me for changing him, blaming my eyes. Threatening to rip them out, so he could get back to normal. But I don't know why he's bringing that up.

“What do you mean?” I asked. I'm kid of nervous to find out what he's talking about.

“Last week. When I was trying to figure out how to calm you down, I kept referring to you as my Alex when thinking about how to calm you down. Bring you back. I don't know why. I don't want to rip out your eyes, because I would miss seeing them. I don't want to kill you, I don't want you dead, because I don't know what would happen. I cant think of a my life without meeting you. Without getting to know you. You've been a big part of it recently, that I cant think of my life, with no Alex. Blue, or black eyes. I don't want there to be no Alex. I don't know why. I am really confused by it all. The thought of not having you around, it worries me, and I don't know why. Your family said that I was trying so hard to figure it out, and I am. I just don't know what it is. But bottom line. I don't want to rip your eyes out.” He says, and I look up at him, smiling.

The fact that the meaning of what he said, in his eyes, is that he doesn't want to rip my eyes out, is nice. It's not what he said really meant, but the fact that he thinks it is. It was nice to hear.

I look at him. “You did it wrong last week.” I say, seeing his reaction of confusion.

“I do not understand.” He replies.

I take a deep breath. “The kiss. You did it wrong.” I replied.

He looks at me with even more confusion, which makes me smile. “That thing you did, to 'calm me down.' You did it wrong.” I reply.

This only brings more confusion to his face. “But it worked, you're back, You calmed down after that.” He says.

“Yea, I am. I'm back, and calm. But you did it wrong.” I reply.

And before he could ask any more questions, I look up at him, I got on my toes, and pull his face down in a proper kiss. Not heated by anger like the first. Not awkwardly standing there lips touching each others like the second, but a real kiss.

It took him a second to get it, but he manages to copy my actions, to a degree. It wasn't the best kiss ever, but it was better then the past two, by far. Something he was very new to, and would have to learn. But that didn't matter. It's been bugging me, and I've been wanting to do it, and by the way he's reacting to it, I can tell he is just finding out what all the confusion is about.

After a few seconds I pull back, needing to catch my breath, and looked up at him. “That's how you do it.” I say, looking at him.

“I will remember that for the next time.” Is all he says, and I smile. “But no one needed to be calmed down.”

“It's not something you do, to calm someone down. It's something to do, to show someone you like them.” I reply, smiling.

I then looked around, noting his confusion, it was nice to be the one who knew more than the other for once. “We really made a mess last week, didn't we?” I ask, walking around, seeing random papers thrown around everywhere, the table on the side of the room, broken in many pieces. The walls have blood and scratches all over them, and then there's the perfect circle of black, where my mom, and the floor burnt. But I turn around, and I see that Alec isn't paying attention to the mess. He's looking at me, and no where else. With a lot of curiosity.

“What is it about you that seems so, calm?” He asks, looking at me, and I look down.

“I'm not calm. I'm trying to move on with my life, like I know my mom would want. I'm trying to keep her memory a good one, and not forget how she died. I'm her only child. She'd want me happy. So I'm trying to do the best I can, to live with the fact that I cant go hug my mom when I'm sad. She's not there anymore. I can't hug her.” I say, and look up at him, tears in my eyes.

“I can't talk to her, or ask her for advice, I cant see her, or hear her. I cant feel her arms around me as they hold me when I'm sad, or her rubbing my back, to calm me down after a stressful day. My moms gone, she won't come back, and it's my fault. I killed my mom.” I said, fully crying now.

“And I can't look at my dad, because she was his wife, and she's dead. I can look at the rest of my family, because everyone was so close with her, and now that she's gone, I don't know what I'm going to do. The last thing I said to her was that I hate her, and to stay away from me. I know it wasn't really me talking, but she thought it was. And I can't take those words back, and I just want my mom back. I don't want her to be dead. I want her to be home, I want her to tell me that it's all going to be okay, and that we'll get through this slowly.” I say, trying to take a deep breath.

“She's dead, because I killed her. I killed my mom, and I'm not calm.” I say, and stand there crying.

Not even five seconds pass after I finish speaking before Alec is hugging me, not trying to calm me down, or say it's not my fault. He isn't trying to tell me I'm wrong or it will be okay. He's hugging me, which I can tell is new to him, but at the moment, I don't care. It's something. It takes a second for me to process what is going on, but when I do, I just hug him back, hiding my face, and cry.

He doesn't say anything, he just stands there, letting me cry. Letting me get it out of my system, and I don't talk anymore about my mom. I got my thoughts, and feelings out. There's nothing left to say, so I just stand there, crying, soaking his shirt in the process, and he doesn't care.

THE END

For Now

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** 

I cant believe that I have finally finished Unwanted Love after two years. You can really tell how I've grown since the beginning of it. 

Take a look at the new summary for Unwanted Friendship!!! Let me know what you think!

Alex is now dealing with her moms death, the best way she can, and that is proving to be very difficult. With the fact that she killed her mom, to bring her best friend back, which did work, but things between Melissa and Alex are different. For starters, Alex can barely look at Melissa, without remembering that Melissa is the result of the death of Alex's mom.
Melissa is different too. She's not human, and she's not a vampire. She's a corpse. A living, dead body. So she must be a zombie right? No. A zombie is a mindless, gross walking corpse. Dead, but walking. Melissa is still very smart, and keeps clean. There's also the fact that she is neither dead or alive.
In this installment, you see Alex trying to figure out what exactly Melissa is, struggle with confusing feeling about Alec, deal with her dads over protectiveness, and try to get over her moms death, in a respectful way.
If you liked Unwanted Love, then you wont want to miss it's great sequel Unwanted Friendship, where everything has changed.

Complications, complications and still more complications!  I hope they can repair their relationships with their loved ones while facing the consequences of everything that happened.  It will definitely not be an easy thing to do.  Let's see how things develop further in the sequels.

PS: Will the scene in the prologue still happen?

Thanks for being such a dedicated reader!!!

And I have planned on ending Unwanted Love like this. Leaving it kind of a happy ending with a sad twist. So I hope it's not to bad, 

I am going to hopefully go further into the consequences of the ritual in Unwanted Friendship.

And yes. The scene in the prologue will happen. When I wrote it, it was two years ago, not knowing where this story was going. Now I do. I have plans for Unwanted Friendship, Unwanted Regrets AND Meeting Melissa Adams.

So the prologue is kind of now the prologue for the Trilogy. Not just Unwanted Love. So that scene, it will come in, sometime in Unwanted Regrets.

Hopefully that helps.

Looking forward to reading next story!!

Thank you! I am in the middle of the first chapter of Unwanted Friendship, and I hope to have it up before the end of the first week in March.

Just got the new Unwanted Friendship Cover and Chapter Header in, and Here they are. Let me know what you think.

great ending to a great story...can't wait to start reading the sequel :-)

Thank you so much. I am glad to have you as such a dedicated reader. I hope you will like Unwanted Friendship as much, if not more.

The First Chapter to Unwanted Friendship.

I hope you like it.

(I went for the Unwanted Love header for this by habit. (Two years, you get in a habit of what chapter header t put.) and I'm like, wait. This isn't Unwanted Love. This is Unwanted Friendship.)

Chapter One

Alex's POV

It's been just over a year since my mom died and Melissa came back. Things have been different. I've accepted the fact that my moms not going to be there for me to just go and talk to. It's just when I really want time with my mom, that's when it gets hard.

My motorcycle wouldn't start the other day, and I had to find a shop, to bring it to. It was upsetting, because normally when my car, or bike broke down, or if they had any problems, I'd go to my mom, and I couldn't do that. I can remember the look on my dads face when I told him about my bike. Like he was about to tell me that he wasn't the one to ask, to ask my mom, and then he remembered.

They say the parent needs to stay strong for the kids if something really tragic happens, a close family member dies, or a pet. They say the parent needs to act strong. I've never seen my dad like this before. You can tell he's trying, and you can tell he doesn't blame me in the slightest. But my moms dead, and my dad thought he would have her forever. Or they would at least die together. But he's now living without her, and he's coping well.

A part of me likes to think it's because my mom would come back just to yell at him for not getting over her death, and scare him, as my mom would often do when she was mad. But I know that's not the case. He's holding it together, as a parent would. He doesn't want it to constantly bring me down, so he's keeping it together for that fact.

And Melissa. Well, I don't know what's going on with her. She lives with my family now, so it doesn't make complete sense that I don't know what's going on with her, but I don't. She sits down privately with my grandpa once a day, so they can try and figure out what's going on with her. It's really weird. She doesn't sleep, she smells like nothing, she cant breath.

She can't consume anything. My grandma made human food for her, the first night, and as soon as it went in her mouth, it was out again, within seconds. She couldn't bring herself to chew, or anything. So my grandpa thought it had something to do with the fact that she died, she has no heart beat. Vampires have no heart beat. So he tried different kinds of blood. She couldn't swallow it, like there was a block in her throat. That's not the craziest part. Before she tried consuming the human food, the blood, she would shy away from it, as if it would harm her in a way.

She doesn't like water. My grandma tried giving her a nice bath, on that first night. It did not work. She refused, and fought against going anywhere near it. Not that she really needs showers or baths. Because like I said. She smells like nothing. She can't sweat, she doesn't produce bodily oils, she's always like she just got out of the shower.

She looked different. Not much, but not like a nerd any more. Her curls weren't as frizzy all the time now, and because she didn't produce bodily oils, she didn't get blemishes, her face was smooth. Her hair was shiny, in the newly washed, very clean, kind of way. Melissa couldn't get her clothes, so she wore mine, the ones I never wore. So she dressed with better style. You would never have guessed she looked like a complete nerd before.

No one knows what Melissa is, what's going on with her. She's dead. She doesn't breath, she has no heart beat. My grandpa clearly stated that she was dead. He said he would officially pronounce her dead, if she weren't walking and talking. She's dead. That's all we know.

We also know that she is not a zombie. Why that was thought of, I don't know. But she isn't. Zombies are mindless slow-moving, foul-smelling corpses. Melissa is not. Melissa has a mind. She's just as smart as before she died. She moves at normal speed, maybe faster then the average human. Again I say, she has no odour. She also talks normally, properly, and does not grunt or moan like a zombie. So no one knows what she is, my grandpa is trying to figure it out, with no luck.

Alec left about two weeks after my mom died. Just up and left, no explanation. No warning. No good bye. It was as if he were never here in the first place. If I didn't know he was there, have memories including him, I would never have thought he was here.

I won't lie. It hurt when he left. I didn't know where he went, if he was coming back. It hurt. I didn't know how to deal with it, my mom dies, my dads an empty shell, and then Alec leaves. So I was left alone. I wasn't ready to go and sit, and talk to Melissa at the time, so I was left alone. Just two weeks after my mom died.

He came back though. Last month. He's gone for eleven months, and then comes back. Let's just say, I was hurt. My grandma let him in, he looks at me, and somethings different. But I didn't take the time to figure it out as I walk out of the room, to a separate room.

“Someone's feeling a little cold today.” Melissa says, as she follows me out of the room. I turn around, and look at her. I didn't know why she followed me, but it was probably because she never liked Alec in the first place, and he did kill her. And whenever I felt down, sad, angry, stressed, any negative emotion, she followed, to try and calm me down.

“It's not my fault. But I don't want to talk about it here, where everyone can hear. I want to get out, but I don't know where to go.” I reply, sighing.

“We can go out. Like we used to, go shopping, get our hair or nails done. You don't have to stay in you know.” She says, and I look at her.

“How are we going to do that, when you're still learning how to show signs that you're alive?” I ask her.

Melissa's eyes darkened, narrowing slightly. “I'm alive. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't.” She says, and something about her scares me. But almost as fast as she got scary, she was back to normal. “Sorry. You know how I get when people bring up that I'm, well, dead.” She says, looking at me.

I nod slowly, calming down. “Yea, I do. It's just, it's not smart for you to go out, until you can improve your living appearance. Not to mention everyone in town THINKS you're dead, and most people attended your funeral.” I reply.

“Alright, so stay in.” She says. “We can go for a walk, where cant people see me.” She says.

I am about to reply, when my grandpa comes in the room.

“Melissa, can I ask you some questions?” He asks, looking genuine, and calm.

I look at Melissa, to see as her eyes darken for just a fraction of a second, before going back to normal.

“Sure.” She says, and walks out of the room, my grandpa following.

Not a minute passes, before I hear him approach, and I refuse to turn around, I refuse to look at him.

“She looks ... different.” He says, and I roll my eyes.

“Yeah, she died and un-died. Remember?” I ask, and didn't give him time to answer, as I walk out of the room, before he can. At least I tried to. He grabs hold of my arm, and turned me around, and looked down at me. It was then that I noticed what was different about him. His eyes. I couldn't explain how, they were still red, but not the same shade of red as they were before.

“You are angry. I understand. And I apologize for leaving so abruptly. There were things that I had to take care of.” He says, and I narrow my eyes.

“What things? What things were so important, where there was no 'I have to leave for a bit, but I'll be back.' What things could have you disappear out of no where?” I asked.

“I did not know if I would make it back.” He reply's and it hurt. I didn't like that it hurt.

“Right. Let me go.” I say, and he did, and I walked away, and up to my room. It was getting late, and I was getting tired. I was just afraid that I would wake up, with him right there, just like he was, the very first night he was here.

Alone. That was one thing I wanted.

Alone.

I sit in my room right now, not wanting to see or be near anyone. I wanted to be alone. But knowing my luck, whenever I wanted to be left alone, is when everyone decides to bug me. So I locked my door. I remember when my mom said no locks on my door, but after she died, I put one on there, so I could sleep alone, I could be alone.

I look up, as there is a knock on my door, and I sigh. I stand up, and walk over to the door, and open it. I immediately regret, and and glad I opened the door.

Everyone knows now, how mine and Alec's relationship is. Whether they like it or not, it's out of their control, and mine to I guess. Since every time I see him, my heart jumps. It's annoying as hell, everyone knows it's happening, and I can't control it. It was those damned two weeks, when I refused to spend any time with anyone but him, when I was in Raychels hold. The memories of those two weeks, it was over whelming, and I didn't know how to deal with the memories and the feelings.

But yes, every time I see Alec, my heart jumps, or skips a beat. It doesn't matter how mad I am at him or whatever. It happens, every damn time.

But he rushes in, closes and locks the door, and I raise an eyebrow, confused. I was about to ask what was going on, when he spoke.

“It is you're birthday.” He says it as a statement, not a question. Whatever I was going to say, is gone now, as I just stand there, a confused look must be on my face, as he goes into explaining.

“I over heard your father speaking. About your mother. How she would be missing your birthday. He said it was a special one, because turning ten is special, with double digits or something. So I remembered you talking about how you really wanted to go to a skating show. So there is an event happening in Seattle, and I got this.” He says, and takes a single ticket out of his pocket.

A single ticket for the most anticipated skating show of the year. I can't help but smile a bit, and a second later, I notice I am, and compose my face, to get rid of the smile.

“A ticket. Only one? Isn't there supposed to be two? For someone else to go?” I ask, looking at him, and his face, which was one of pride, and not the snobby pride, but the kind of pride that's really cute when you try to do something to impress someone else, hoping they will be happy. But that look of pride just washed away, and it was replaced with a look of embarrassment, embarrassed that he failed to know this fact.

I smile, rolling my eyes. “Another ticket can be bought. Thank you, I do appreciate it. I'm surprised you remembered, as it's not something someone would remember about me.” I say, smiling calmly.

He looked at me, with a look of relief, and smiled a bit.

“I'm still mad at you, don't think I'm not.” I say coolly, looking at him, and then smiled, this time speaking more calmly. “But thanks again.” I say.

When I realize he isn't going to leave, any time soon, I go and sit down on the window sill/seat, looking out the window, as he stands there.

“Why is it a big deal, when someone turns ten? It is a number, and there is a lot of talk about you turning the 'big ten.' I do not understand, how is it such an accomplishment?” He asks, confused.

I look at him as he asks this, and think. “I don't really know. I guess, your leaving this phase where you're considered a little kid, single digit age, and with the double digits, I guess you can do more stuff. You're not classified as a little kid anymore.” I reply.

“You were not a, little kid, as you say, last year.” He says. “And you were eight.” I look at him, and shrug.

“Yea, well I grow fast. Not a little kid, but yet I still am.” I reply.

“I am sorry I missed your ninth birthday.” He says, and I frown, looking away from him, back out the window.

“You disappeared one year ago today. On my ninth birthday. The hardest one of my life. My mom was gone, my dad was half there, everyone else pushed the enthusiasm to a level where you could tell it was fake, they were trying to make me feel better.

I knew it was stupid, but I was kind of hoping you were out, getting a gift. That's when the kid in me shows. When it's time for presents. That's when I forget how old I am, mentally, and just let go. Be the kid I really am. My birthday is the one day a year, I can act my age, and not be told to act right.” I explain.

“So part of me was hoping you were just out, getting a gift, and would be back, so there would be some form of real, and comfort that day. Two weeks after my mom died, I wasn't ready to be alone. You left that day, and I was left all alone on my birthday night. I cried myself to sleep.” I tell him, without looking at him.

I didn't hear anything then. I almost thought he walked away, so I looked up, and he was standing there, a look of guilt on his face, mixed with confusion.

“I did not mean to -” I cut him off before he can continue.

“Please, spare the explanation. Explanations only make it worse.” I say. “You're back. It's not like you left, with no plan on returning. And here you are.” I say, looking at him. “You came back. Which means there's something here you like. Something worth coming back to.” I say, while looking out the window, yawning.

“There was. I still have a job to do here. I still have to look after the hybrid, and make sure they do not do anything to reveal our existence.” He says, and I could feel something sink. Either my heart or stomach, I don't know. One minute he's giving me a birthday gift, looking so hopeful that I would like it, and then goes back to referring to me as a hybrid.

I won't lie. It hurt. I don't want to be known for being a hybrid. I want to be known for who I am, not what I am.

I frown, and refuse to look at him. I close my eyes, trying to ignore the pain. If I ignored the pain of his words, than hopefully there would be no tears. And tears are the last thing I need in this situation. I don't want to seem weak.

I take a deep breath, and still wont look at him. “I'm tired. I want to rest.” I say, sounding calm enough where hopefully he wouldn't realize how his statement hurt me. But I didn't hear him leave.

“I had to go back. Explain what happened last year. With Sadie. Aro wanted to know what happened. He killed her, but he wanted to know the reason why he did.” Alec says, and I still wont look at him.

“I said that Sadie was a threat, had killed one of your family. He does not know you exist, not from me at least. Whether any of the others told him about you, I do not know. But I did not tell him about you.” He says, and I continued looking out the window.

“I am also thinking of leaving the Volturi, whether they enjoy the idea, or not.” He says, making me look over at him.

“What do you mean?” I ask. “What do you mean, leave them?” I look at him. Now it was my turn to be confused.

“I mean, I do not want to be a part of their coven anymore. I want to leave.” He says, and I just look at him, completely shocked.

What a big birthday surprize!  I wonder what is happening with Melissa?

Good start for the new story!  Looking forward to read more!

Cant wait for new chapters!! :)

great first chapter can't wait to read your next update!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service