The Twilight Saga

What if Jacob didn't save Bella when she jumped off the cliff? What if Edward did?

This is a twist on what happens after Bella jumps off the cliff. If Jacob wasn't there to save her, who would. (wink wink) lol.

A NEW BEGINNING

(Awesome banner made by Mrs. Cullen! Thanks so much!)
The offical title is A NEW BEGINNING, but I like having the question be the thing you see first, and it wouldn't fit on the banner. Thanks!

(Here is an AWESOME banner made by Tessa Anderson! Yay!)

(Here is another AWESOME banner made by Tessa Anderson! They are both fantastic!)

(Staceycakes:D made me this banner and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!)

(Thanks to obsessedfanpiree for this kool banner!!!)

(Amazing banner by MoNa <3 CaNdYcAnEs!!!)

(Fantastic banner by Katie!)

A NEW BEGINNING

Chp 1:

Bella's POV

The wind blew stronger now, whipping the rain into eddies around me. I stepped out onto the edge, keeping my eyes on the empty space in front of me. My toes felt ahead blindly, caressing the edge of the rock when they encountered it. I drew in a deep breath and held it.... waiting.
"Bella."
I smiled and exhaled.
Yes? I didn't answer out loud, for fear that the sound of my voice would shatter the beautiful illusion. He sounded so real, so close. It was only when he was disapproving like this that I could hear the true memory of his voice--- the velvet texture and the musical intonation that made up the most perfect of all voices.
"Don't do this," he pleaded.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well watch me.
"Please. For me."
But you won't stay with me any other way.
"Please." It was just a whisper in the blowing rain that tossed my hair and drenched my clothes--- making me as wet as if this were my second jump of the day.
I rolled up onto the balls of my feet.
"No, Bella!" He was angry now, and the anger was so lovely.
I smiled and raised my arms straight out, as if I were going to dive, lifting my face into the rain. But it was too ingrained from years of swimming at the public pool--- feet first, first time. I leaned forward, crouching to get more spring...
And I flung myself of the cliff.
I screamed as I dropped through the open air like a meteor, but it was a scream of exhilaratation and not fear. The wind resisted, trying vainly to fight the unconquerable gravity, pushing against me and twirling me in spirals like a rocket crashing to the earth.
Yes! The word echoed through my head as I sliced through the surface of the water. It was icy, colder than I'd feared, and yet the chill only added to the high.
I was proud of myself as I plunged deeper into the freezing black water. I hadn't had one moment of terror--- just pure adrenaline. Really, the fall wasn't scary at all. Where was the challenge?
That was when the current caught me.
It felt like the waves were fighting over me, jerking me back and forth between them as if determined to share by pulling me into halves.
I fought to keep my breath in, to keep my lips locked around my last store of oxygen.
It didn't surprise me that my delusion of Edward was there. He owed me that much, considering that I was dying. I was surprised by how sure that knowledge was. I was going to drown. I was drowning.
"Keep swimming!" Edward begged urgently in my head.
Where? There was nothing but the darkness. There was no place to swim to.
"Stop that!" he ordered. "Don't you dare give up!"
The cold of the water was numbing my arms and legs. I didn't feel the buffeting so much as before. It was more of just a dizziness now, a helpless spinning in the water.
But I listened to him. I forced my arms to continue reaching, my legs to kick harder, though every second I was facing a new direction. It couldn't be doing any good. What was the point?
"Fight!" he yelled. "Damn it, Bella, keep fighting."
Why?
I didn't want to fight anymore. And it wasn't the light-headedness, or the cold, or the failure of my arms as the muscles gave out in exhaustion, that made me content to stay where I was. I was almost happy that it was over. This was an easier death than others had faced. Oddly peaceful.
I thought briefly of the cliches, about how you were supposed to see your life flash before your eyes. I was so much luckier. Who wanted to see a rerun, anyway?
I saw him, and I had no will to fight. It was so clear, so much more defined than any memory. My subconcious had stored Edward away in flawless detail, saving him for this final moment. I could see his perfect face as if he were really there; the exact shade of his icy skin, the shape of his lips, the line of his jaw, the gold glinting in his furious eyes. He was angry, naturally, that I was giving up. His teeth were clenched and his nostrils were flared with rage.
"No! Bella, no!"
My ears were flooded with the freezing water, but his voice was clearer than ever. I ignored his words and concentrated on the sound of his voice. Why would I fight when I was so happy with where I was? Even as my lungs burned for more air and my legs cramped in the icy cold, I was content. I'd forgotten what real happiness felt like
Happiness. It made the whole dying thing pretty bearable.
The current won at the moment, it shoved me hard against the ground. Wait. The ground? How deep was I? I can see the sun above me so I can't be that far. I looked up and saw the shore about fifteen feet from me, but it was too late. I was out of air and I had no more strength.
Goodbye, my love. I thought as I drifted out of conciousness.

Edward's POV
(The night before Bella's POV)

Bella, Bella, Bella, Bella, I need to see my Bella. I thought as I curled up on the forest floor outside our new home. I can't stay away from her any longer. I need her. I can't be selfish. She needs to live her life without me. She is safer without me. My body ached, if that were possible. I need her. That's it! I am going to go get her. I can't live any longer without her.
I got on the next plane to Forks, without saying a word to anyone. Alice would probably see me go anyway and I couldn't let them see me in this sadness.
The plane trip felt long, as it was filled with anticipation for seeing my beautiful Bella. Will she still want me? Has she moved on? If I get back and she has moved on, I must live with that and not disturb her. I secretly hoped that she hadn't. I wanted to punch myself for saying that but it would be too strange for the people around me.
As soon as the plane landed, I was off to find a car. To my luck, I found a silver volvo just like my own. I drove as fast as I could to Bella's. She would be home by now, hopefully. Oops, I remember as I pulled up to Bella's street, that I would have to leave my car at our old home and run back to Bella's. I drove straight through town as fast as possible. I left the volvo outside our front door and ran to Bella's.
When I climbed in her window, no one was there. I'll just wait for her. It is only one o'clock, she could be anywhere. I am a cruel selfish person, I thought to myself while I waited. Just then, my phone rang.
"Hello Alice." I answered.
"Edward..... Bella......" she said.
"What? What's wrong?" I yelled.
"First Beach.... HURRY!" she said in an agonized voice.
I hung up the phone and bolted to first beach. Forget the treaty I thought. Bella is more important. As I reached the beach, I saw her. Her still body laying there. I ran to her and felt for her pulse. Her body was cold to the touch.
"NO NO NO!" I roared as loud as I could.
What can I do? It looked as if she had drowned not long ago. I tried to get the water out of her lungs. She started to breath barely, but she wouldn't survive with this broken spine. I could tell it was broken by the twisted way her body was. Blood streamed out of the top os her head, she must have hit a rock. If I could cry I would have tears pouring down my face. I realized then, the only thing that could save her was.... venom.
"Forgive me," I whispered as I plunged my teeth into the side of her neck. Then I moved down her arms and legs. All I could do was hope. I picked her up gently, trying hard not to move her spine. I had to get off the reservation before the wolves found me. I ran her to our empty, white house.

********************************************************************************************************************
Cliff hanger! Comments plz!

Tags: Bella, Cliff, Edward, Jacob, LaPush, Vampires, diving

Views: 2866

Replies to This Discussion

Nice!! Love how Edward is finally being forced to realize that Bella can take care of her self.! Great job!!!
I TATALLY LOVE IT
very good, can;t wait to see whats gonna happen with the volturi
"angry little pixie" he he!

Ohhhh...the volturi. That cant be good!
Destroy the Volturi Yes Yes Yes what a good idea. see more soon?
oh mi freakin' gosh i love your story

man im so glad i decided to read it plz plz keep me updated
When are you gonna post more?
Hey Guys!
Sorry about the wait. I have been really busy these past few days. More tonight!
Chp 17:

Bella's POV

"Aliiiiicccccccceeeeeeee...." I called out. I better get my packing over with. I need to start concentrating on the fight ahead of us.

"In here Bella!" Alice called from her room.

I wandered into her huge closet and found her on the floor packing.

"I already packed your suitcase, Bella." She said. "You will look fabulous while defeating the Volturi!" She exclaimed happily.

"Alice, what are you planning for me to wear to defeat them? I can't exactly take out the strongest coven in a cocktail dress." I mocked sarcastically.

"You can.... and you will." She scowled. From the sound of her voice, I could tell there was no point in arguing. I sighed and walked out of the room.

"Hey, Bella. Are you all packed?" Rosalie asked me as she walked down the hall.

"Yeah. Alice packed for me, of course." I sighed.

"Ha ha. Yep. She got to me too. I guess it takes some stress off us though." Rosalie said encouragingly. She was more used to Alice's habits.

"Not really. I have to fight in a cocktail dress apparently. Although, it's not like I wouldn't have guessed it." I said. It was so nice to be friends with Rosalie finally. We are already developing a great friendship.

"That's Alice for you. Taking out the badies with style." She chuckled.

"Thanks, Rose. I'll catch you later, okay? I have to go check on Edward." I asked.

"No prob." She smiled and walked off into her room.

As soon as she walked away, I ran to Edward. Although I believed that this would be easy, one mistake on my part and this could be the last of our life together.

"All done?" Edward asked.

"Yup!" I replied as I plopped onto the bed.

"Good." He chuckled as he pulled me into his arms. His breath felt warm on my neck.

"Are you alright, Edward?" I asked. He was very tense.

"I'm fine. I am just worried about you." He sighed. Such a worrier. He is going to get himself hurt.

"Edward there is no need to be worried about anyone. Me especially. I will finally be of some use to your family instead of a burden, and I promise nothing will happen!" I exclaimed!

"I know. I can't help it though." He said glumly. "And you were never a burden to this family." He pulled me tighter.

"Maybe you shouldn't go, Edward. You are going to get yourself hurt, trying to protect me." I thought.

"NO! I am going! I couldn't bear the thought of you going without me!" He almost yelled.

"Alright. Alright. Calm down. You just have to promise that if someone is coming at me, or attacking me, that you won't go out of your way to stop them. I promise we will all be fine." I said. Sadly, I couldn't convince myself of that.

"I'll try my best. We have to start to load the cars now." With that thought, we ran dowstairs to help the others.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SORRY IT IS SHORT! I HAVE TONS OF HW! I PROMISE THAT THERE WILL BE A LONG POST TOMORROW! ENJOY!
YOU. NEED. TO .WRITE.MORE!!!

omg i love it... please add me as a firend so i can tell when you add more chapters... your reallly good, you should be extatic...

lolz :)
Yes it was short but it was great. Loved it
Charlie should visit the cullens. Bella would have to hide

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service