The Twilight Saga

What if Jacob didn't save Bella when she jumped off the cliff? What if Edward did?

This is a twist on what happens after Bella jumps off the cliff. If Jacob wasn't there to save her, who would. (wink wink) lol.

A NEW BEGINNING

(Awesome banner made by Mrs. Cullen! Thanks so much!)
The offical title is A NEW BEGINNING, but I like having the question be the thing you see first, and it wouldn't fit on the banner. Thanks!

(Here is an AWESOME banner made by Tessa Anderson! Yay!)

(Here is another AWESOME banner made by Tessa Anderson! They are both fantastic!)

(Staceycakes:D made me this banner and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!)

(Thanks to obsessedfanpiree for this kool banner!!!)

(Amazing banner by MoNa <3 CaNdYcAnEs!!!)

(Fantastic banner by Katie!)

A NEW BEGINNING

Chp 1:

Bella's POV

The wind blew stronger now, whipping the rain into eddies around me. I stepped out onto the edge, keeping my eyes on the empty space in front of me. My toes felt ahead blindly, caressing the edge of the rock when they encountered it. I drew in a deep breath and held it.... waiting.
"Bella."
I smiled and exhaled.
Yes? I didn't answer out loud, for fear that the sound of my voice would shatter the beautiful illusion. He sounded so real, so close. It was only when he was disapproving like this that I could hear the true memory of his voice--- the velvet texture and the musical intonation that made up the most perfect of all voices.
"Don't do this," he pleaded.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well watch me.
"Please. For me."
But you won't stay with me any other way.
"Please." It was just a whisper in the blowing rain that tossed my hair and drenched my clothes--- making me as wet as if this were my second jump of the day.
I rolled up onto the balls of my feet.
"No, Bella!" He was angry now, and the anger was so lovely.
I smiled and raised my arms straight out, as if I were going to dive, lifting my face into the rain. But it was too ingrained from years of swimming at the public pool--- feet first, first time. I leaned forward, crouching to get more spring...
And I flung myself of the cliff.
I screamed as I dropped through the open air like a meteor, but it was a scream of exhilaratation and not fear. The wind resisted, trying vainly to fight the unconquerable gravity, pushing against me and twirling me in spirals like a rocket crashing to the earth.
Yes! The word echoed through my head as I sliced through the surface of the water. It was icy, colder than I'd feared, and yet the chill only added to the high.
I was proud of myself as I plunged deeper into the freezing black water. I hadn't had one moment of terror--- just pure adrenaline. Really, the fall wasn't scary at all. Where was the challenge?
That was when the current caught me.
It felt like the waves were fighting over me, jerking me back and forth between them as if determined to share by pulling me into halves.
I fought to keep my breath in, to keep my lips locked around my last store of oxygen.
It didn't surprise me that my delusion of Edward was there. He owed me that much, considering that I was dying. I was surprised by how sure that knowledge was. I was going to drown. I was drowning.
"Keep swimming!" Edward begged urgently in my head.
Where? There was nothing but the darkness. There was no place to swim to.
"Stop that!" he ordered. "Don't you dare give up!"
The cold of the water was numbing my arms and legs. I didn't feel the buffeting so much as before. It was more of just a dizziness now, a helpless spinning in the water.
But I listened to him. I forced my arms to continue reaching, my legs to kick harder, though every second I was facing a new direction. It couldn't be doing any good. What was the point?
"Fight!" he yelled. "Damn it, Bella, keep fighting."
Why?
I didn't want to fight anymore. And it wasn't the light-headedness, or the cold, or the failure of my arms as the muscles gave out in exhaustion, that made me content to stay where I was. I was almost happy that it was over. This was an easier death than others had faced. Oddly peaceful.
I thought briefly of the cliches, about how you were supposed to see your life flash before your eyes. I was so much luckier. Who wanted to see a rerun, anyway?
I saw him, and I had no will to fight. It was so clear, so much more defined than any memory. My subconcious had stored Edward away in flawless detail, saving him for this final moment. I could see his perfect face as if he were really there; the exact shade of his icy skin, the shape of his lips, the line of his jaw, the gold glinting in his furious eyes. He was angry, naturally, that I was giving up. His teeth were clenched and his nostrils were flared with rage.
"No! Bella, no!"
My ears were flooded with the freezing water, but his voice was clearer than ever. I ignored his words and concentrated on the sound of his voice. Why would I fight when I was so happy with where I was? Even as my lungs burned for more air and my legs cramped in the icy cold, I was content. I'd forgotten what real happiness felt like
Happiness. It made the whole dying thing pretty bearable.
The current won at the moment, it shoved me hard against the ground. Wait. The ground? How deep was I? I can see the sun above me so I can't be that far. I looked up and saw the shore about fifteen feet from me, but it was too late. I was out of air and I had no more strength.
Goodbye, my love. I thought as I drifted out of conciousness.

Edward's POV
(The night before Bella's POV)

Bella, Bella, Bella, Bella, I need to see my Bella. I thought as I curled up on the forest floor outside our new home. I can't stay away from her any longer. I need her. I can't be selfish. She needs to live her life without me. She is safer without me. My body ached, if that were possible. I need her. That's it! I am going to go get her. I can't live any longer without her.
I got on the next plane to Forks, without saying a word to anyone. Alice would probably see me go anyway and I couldn't let them see me in this sadness.
The plane trip felt long, as it was filled with anticipation for seeing my beautiful Bella. Will she still want me? Has she moved on? If I get back and she has moved on, I must live with that and not disturb her. I secretly hoped that she hadn't. I wanted to punch myself for saying that but it would be too strange for the people around me.
As soon as the plane landed, I was off to find a car. To my luck, I found a silver volvo just like my own. I drove as fast as I could to Bella's. She would be home by now, hopefully. Oops, I remember as I pulled up to Bella's street, that I would have to leave my car at our old home and run back to Bella's. I drove straight through town as fast as possible. I left the volvo outside our front door and ran to Bella's.
When I climbed in her window, no one was there. I'll just wait for her. It is only one o'clock, she could be anywhere. I am a cruel selfish person, I thought to myself while I waited. Just then, my phone rang.
"Hello Alice." I answered.
"Edward..... Bella......" she said.
"What? What's wrong?" I yelled.
"First Beach.... HURRY!" she said in an agonized voice.
I hung up the phone and bolted to first beach. Forget the treaty I thought. Bella is more important. As I reached the beach, I saw her. Her still body laying there. I ran to her and felt for her pulse. Her body was cold to the touch.
"NO NO NO!" I roared as loud as I could.
What can I do? It looked as if she had drowned not long ago. I tried to get the water out of her lungs. She started to breath barely, but she wouldn't survive with this broken spine. I could tell it was broken by the twisted way her body was. Blood streamed out of the top os her head, she must have hit a rock. If I could cry I would have tears pouring down my face. I realized then, the only thing that could save her was.... venom.
"Forgive me," I whispered as I plunged my teeth into the side of her neck. Then I moved down her arms and legs. All I could do was hope. I picked her up gently, trying hard not to move her spine. I had to get off the reservation before the wolves found me. I ran her to our empty, white house.

********************************************************************************************************************
Cliff hanger! Comments plz!

Tags: Bella, Cliff, Edward, Jacob, LaPush, Vampires, diving

Views: 3141

Replies to This Discussion

wow this was awesome...when will u post again? please let me know =)
i was reading your story a few months back. and i just found it again very good!
Chp 79:

Bella’s POV
Woah! What the hell?! What is going on? Ahhhh!!!!!! Why am I in so much pain? It is so much worse than the pain of changing! Why can’t I open my eyes?
“Help me! Help me!” I tried to yell, but no words came out.
Is Edward okay? What about everyone else? Where are they? Where am I? OMG! Am I dead? No no way. Death can’t be painful! That would be so unfair. Unless I’m in Hell. Maybe Edward was right. Maybe vampires don’t have souls. Oh who cares! I just hope my families alright! If I’m dead, Edward must be ripping himself apart!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Owww this hurts so freaking much! WHERE AM I?!!!!
***************************************************************************************************************
Alice’s POV
Poor Bella. I hope she’s alright. I wish I COULD SEE HER!!!!! Damn it! What is going on? She looks dead, but nothing happened!
Edward looked up at me.
“Sorry…” I whispered. He just sighed. You could see the immense pain in his eyes as he starred at limp Bella.
What happened? Why’d that jerk Derek have to show up anyway? I hope he is rotting in hell right now! But he really didn’t do this. I could tell that he had no idea what was going to happen.
Why can’t I see Bella waking up? She can’t be gone! She can’t be!
***************************************************************************************************************
Carlisle’s POV
I just can’t figure this out. I feel as though she is there, alive, but can vampires fall into commas? I don’t think it’s possible, but maybe it just hasn’t ever happened before?
Poor Edward. He just looks at her as though he is lost without her. He is immensely sad.
I just need to fix her. If we lose her, we lose him, and if we lose him we lose the family, and if we lose the family Esme won’t be able to take it.
She has no heartbeat, that’s normal of course, and no breathing, that’s sort of normal as well, but vamps voluntarily breath, meaning she has to be unconscious right now. Maybe we just have to wait it out. How long could it take? Days? Months? Years? I don’t know….
Emmett’s POV
I wish Bella would wake up already. It is so depressing without her. Jacob has called twice so far to try to apologize to her, but I have to keep lying and say she refuses to talk. If it keeps on long enough, he’ll be over here because even I can hear how upset he is in the phone. Poor Ash almost had a heart attack tonight too. She had a fight with her fionce, lost Bella, witnessed a vamp battle, and saw Bella fall. She’s passed out on the couch now, which is good, she needs some rest.
Poor Edward too. If Rose was unconscious I’d be sick with worry. He looks like he’d be pouring his eyes out if he could.
Bella wake the hell up! We love you damn it! Wake up!
Rose was laying on my lap staring into space.
“Emmy I just want her to wake up.” Rosie cried out. Now this is something. Rose never shows her emotions.
“I know baby, I know. Me too.” I cuddled her closer.
Jacob’s POV
I keep calling the Cullen house and only Emmett will answer. I wish Bella would talk to me. I didn’t mean what I said, it just slipped out. Ash is over there too and I need her with me. Em said she is passed out on their couch and she is fine. He didn’t want to wake her and he shouldn’t but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to hear her voice. Something fishy is going on over there. I just know it….. why why why won’t anyone other than Emmett talk to me!
Edward’s POV
I held Bella in my lap and whispered to her.
“Bella, baby, please please wake up. We need you and love you.” I whispered.
“Love, Bella, please. I NEED YOU.” I kept whispering and whispering.
I want her to open her eyes and tell me she loves me, but I keep looking down at a limp, lifeless Bella and my hopes are crushed.
Why’d this have to happen? Why Bella? If anyone deserves to be punished it’s me! I changed her. I came into her life and ruined it. From that very first day in biology class, she’s been walking down a path of doom. I shouldn’t have come back from Denali that week. I shouldn’t have talked to her. I shouldn’t have fallen in love with her!
All these things I shouldn’t have done could’ve saved her life, but no. I wanted her, I needed her, and I took her away from normal life. I’m selfish. I didn’t deserve such a beautiful, happy girl with a full life ahead of her that I crushed to pieces single-handedly. I should be the one laying limp and lifeless. I should be the one who saved her. I should be the one dying, not my beautiful, wonderful Bella.
What do you guys think? Cliff hanger I know….. if you super worried and freaking out. I’ll give you a little relief. This story will always have a happy ending, so don’t freak out. More posted soon I promise! :D
omg!! whats happening! bella wake up!!!
omg!!!!! this story is sooo awesome can u please let me know when u update ???
i love it. please keep me updated.
come on update real soon please
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WANT TO KILL ME DON'T YOU!!!!!! DON'T YOU!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST MORE ASAP!!!!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!

WRITE AT VAMPIRE SPEED!!!!!
OH MY FREAKIN GOD! I'M SOOOO GLAD UR BACK! I LOVE UR STORY AND WAS WONDERING WHEN U WERE UPDATING NEXT!!!!!!! YAY! I'M HAPPY! PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
Thanks! I'm glad to be back! :)
Chp 80:

Bella’s POV
When will this torture end?! I really think I’m in hell. Oh man. When Edward gets here, he is definitely going to rub this in my face.
Okay…. Okay…. Calm down Bella…..
I passed the time thinking about all the people I loved. Edward’s, Jake’s, Ali’s, Ash’s, Esme’s, Carlisle’s, Rose’s, Em’s, Charlie’s, Renee’s, and Jazz’s faces passed through my mind as I thought through my life. The stress was killing me. I needed to know if they were okay.
I felt as though there was a cloud over my mind. Blocking out everything but my thoughts.
Jake’s POV
That’s it! I have called the stupid house six freaking times! I am going to go see Bella!!! I stormed out of my house and ran as fast as I could to the Cullen’s. I could only one sound in the house. Crying. One of the ones crying was Ash. Oh no! I must’ve really upset her and Bella…
I ran into the house to comfort her and was greeted with a shocking site. Alice was in the corner, comforting Ash, Em was comforting Rosalie on the couch, Jasper was sitting on a stool near the staircase looking horribly depressed, Carlisle and Esme were having a hushed convo in the doorway, and in the middle of the room, I saw Bella’s lifeless body laying on the floor with Edward leaning over her with tearless sobs pouring out of him.
After about ten minutes I was able to gather words and speak.
“What’s happened?” I asked Jasper as he was the closest to me.
Ash noticed I was there then and ran to hug me. She sobbed into my chest soaking me with tears.
“Sssshhhh….. it’s alright baby….. ssshhhh….” I tried to comfort her, but she wasn’t hearing it.
“No! It’s not! Damn it! Bella….. Bells is hurt!” She sobbed.
“After she ran off into the woods, some guy seeking revenge for the Volturi grabbed her. We went off the find her and we ended up in a big fight. Bells all of a sudden had a burst of rage and got super powerful, but after a few minutes she dropped into a…. a….. d…dead-like state. We don’t know what happened?” Jasper explained to me.
I dropped to the floor with Ashley in my arms and pulled her tightly to me. It was my fault. Bella’s dead because of me….. what have I done? Why did I make that stupid comment? WHY?!
“Jacob. Stop.” Edward said in a lifeless voice.
Everyone turned to look at him, shocked, so I guess he had been connected to the world around him in a while.
“It isn’t your fault.” He said simply.
“Of course it is. If I hadn’t have said that stupid thing, she would’ve been okay right now.” I said angrily.
“If she’d never met me, she would’ve been better than okay right now.” He said sadly and turned back to Bella. Everyone was still staring from me to him wide-eyed.
I got up and went over to him.
“Edward.” I stated. “You know how much I hate to say this…. But what you just said, is NOT true.” I told him honestly.
He wouldn’t respond.
“Don’t beat yourself up over this. Bella is ecstatic that she ever met you. She wanted to give everything up for you. She would’ve done it over and over again. You made her happier than ever and she can’t imagine her life any other way.” I told him from the heart.
“I’d bet you everything I own, that even if Bella knew that her life would end like this, she wouldn’t change one thing.” I said and walked away.
“But it shouldn’t have to be that way…” Edward whispered.
After that everyone left the room to give Edward some peace and privacy.
I know that what I told him is true. He should too.
Don’t worry, things will be better soon! :) Thanks for reading!
so awesome im ready to read some more like when bella wakes up !! Oh and yay first comment !!! LOL

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service