The Twilight Saga

The story is set about six years after the events of Breaking Dawn. Renesmee has grown up quite a bit and her feelings for Jacob have changed. She understand the situation well but is not too sure how to express them. But a little vacation will change that...

Okay, this my first piece of fanfiction ever. I'd appreciate it if you could read and review. Thanks =)

My Banner (okay, I'm an ameture at photo editing and I wasn't using photoshop, so yeah...)

fotoflexer_photo

Chapter 1: Vacation

I looked down at my pray. The baby elk stood no chance against my speed and strength.
I leaned in and began extracting the blood. Ugh, elk blood wasn’t nearly as good as mountain loin. I wondered if mom or dad had caught any. Or if Uncle Emmet had caught a good grizzly.

When almost all the blood had been drained from the animal, I felt something warm brush against my leg. I caught the familiar, woodsy scent and smiled.

I spun around to find myself face to face (or rather nose to nose) with my russet brown wolf. My werewolf. My Jacob.

“Hey Jake,” I laughed, patting his head.

To return the greeting, Jacob licked the side of my face.

“Ewww, Jake. Gross!” I complained, wiping the side of my face with my sleeve, “I’ve told how many times not to do that.”

He just yelped with laughter, ducking his head to dodge my incoming nudge.

“Not funny,” I said, attempting to suppress a giggle.

I stuck my tongue out at Jake and ran off in the opposite direction. I knew he’d follow me, he always does.

Thanks to my supernatural speed, I was halfway across the forest in a few seconds. Green greeted me from every side as the trees passed me at lightning speed. Birds circled above me, creating a bright rainbow. I caught scent of more elk, but I was satisfied enough not to turn in that direction.

I came to a halt and looked around.
Jake was nowhere to be seen. Strange…
Turning in a 360 degree angle, my eyes searched every acre for sign of my werewolf.

Then I caught the smell of Jake’s woodsy scent, but just a tad bit too late. He sprung out from behind a tree and launched himself onto me, causing us to roll around on top of each other. Our favourite game ever since things had gotten back to normal and I was allowed out again. Mum and Dad had been pretty protective over me after the fiasco with the Volturi so I couldn’t be seen in public for a while. They didn’t want another misunderstanding…

But that was almost six years ago. Now I had the body of a sixteen year old, but the mind of a nineteen year old and this was due to my accelerated growth (which was due to the fact that I am a half-human and half-vampire). I had to be home schooled by Carlisle in order not to make anything look suspicious about me. Although a couple of month’s time I’d be going to school, to high school.

I was both excited and scared. Excited because I’d never been to school before and I’ve always wanted that experience. Not just the learning part, but also to be around people. This was probably going to be the most I’d been in the “public eye”.

But I was also very scared. I suppose this was because of all the books I’d been reading and movies I’d been watching of teenager’s first days at high school. They always seemed to be picked on; the one no-one wants to sit next to. Of course, what with dad reading my thoughts and Uncle Jazz sensing my emotions whenever the talk of my future came about, my family (including Jake) had tried to calm me down, telling me that I was worried for nothing.

I suppose attending school on reservation was going to make this all easier. There was talk of sending me to Forks High School, but we had decided against it for several reasons. It had only been six years since most of my family had been there and it would seem rather strange to have me (Bella and Edward’s daughter) start there. They could say I was a family member, but then I wouldn’t have anyone who’d be able to go with me. By attending school on reservation, I’d be able to be with Jake, Quil, Embry and the rest of the pack. Of course it was Jake’s idea – he hated being too far away from me. Like now.

When we were all rolled out, Jake and I lay on our backs, laughing ourselves breathless.

“We should be getting back home,” I murmured softly, rubbing Jake behind his ears. He moved his head up and down as if to nod and then got into his take off position. I knew that position too well – he wanted to race me. I chuckled and took my place beside him.

“And as usual, I’m going to beat you,” I said. Jake rolled his eyes. “One, two, three. GO!”

Of course I reached the edge of the forest a few seconds before Jake did, but that was he let me win. He went back into the forest to shift back into his human form.

It took him a while, but at last he came back. Jacob Black, my Jacob, walked out from behind the trees. As he came towards me, wearing just his cut jeans and that grin of his that made my own lips curve upwards, I took in everything about him. His deep set skin tone, his dark eyes, his hair – which was cropped the way I liked it. My eyes traveled down his neck, across his shoulders to his arms which supported biceps. Traveling south, my eyes noted his abdominal muscles – ooh, the ripple mounds of goodness. My Hands so desperately wanted to reach out, to touch, to feel, to…

“Ness?” Jake said, sounding unsure. Crap, he must have noticed my ogling. He looked down at himself self consciously, “is there something on me?”

“No – I mean yes. I meant I thought I saw something… Never mind,” I flustered, trying to cover up. Jake grinned again and pulled me into one of his bear hugs. “I hear your mom and dad calling us. We should go.”

Dad! Urgh, I’d forgotten about him. I hope he wasn’t close enough to hear my thoughts about Jake earlier. I dread to think his reaction…

Jake led me up to my grandparents’ house. Inside Uncle Emmet had his arms around Aunt Rose as they sat on the couch, watching T.V. Aunt Alice was crouched on the floor, her head between her hands, as though concentrating. She was probably “looking” for something in the future. Uncle Jazz was rubbing her back, as though soothing her. Was something wrong?

“No, honey, nothings wrong,” answered my dad’s voice. He and mum stepped out of the kitchen, smiling. “On the contrary, things are about to get more exciting.

“Oh great, it’s all gone!” complained Alice. She pointed at Jake. “Oh right, that’s why. Mr. Wolf is coming along.” She smiled at me, “I should have seen that coming.”

“You wouldn’t have been able to anyway,” Jake teased, kissing my forehead. A shiver of pleasure ran down my body.

“Well, the two of you better get packing,” said Dad. Then looked at Alice, “Oh right. You’ve already picked out their clothes for each day and packed them.”

Alice smirked.

“Dad, what’s going on?” I asked.

“We’re going on… ‘vacation’, Renesmee,” answered Mum.

“Really? Where too?” Weird, we’ve never done something like this before.

“To Africa,” answered Carlisle, my granddad. He and Grandma Esme were coming down the staircase. “We’re going to book the tickets now. I assume you will be joining us, Jacob?”

“Yes, doc,” answered Jake, as he squeezed my hand, “I’d never leave my Nessie.”

I felt the heat rush up to my cheeks, causing me to blush ferociously. His Nessie. I liked the way he said that.

Dad cleared his throat and gave me a stern look, though it seemed as though he was suppressing a smile.

“So, is everyone going?” I asked in attempt to change my thoughts.

“Of course, shorty,” grinned Emmet, “You didn’t think we were going to let you guys enjoy all the cheetahs and leopards.”

I frowned, “Cheetahs? Leopards? I’m guessing we’re not going to Egypt to visit the vampire clan there?”

“No, honey. Carlisle wanted to pay South Africa a little visit. He has some medical business he wanted to sort out,” answered Esme. “We thought we’d make a bit of a vacation out of it. At least then you and Jake will have something to tell your new friends at school.”

School… Right. I gulped as the fear caused a horrible feeling in my stomach.

“Ness, you’re going to be fine,” said Dad soothingly, “your friends are going to love you.”

“Of course they will. Otherwise they’ll have to answer to me,” said Jake, rubbing my back. He glanced at the clock on the wall. “Well I need to go and finalize things with the pack. How long do you think we’ll be gone for?”

“About a month at the most,” answered Mum, “Don’t worry, we’ll be back before September.”

“Alright. I’ll be back in ten minute. Don’t miss me too much,” teased Jake, pressing his cheek on my head.

A bear hug later, I stood and waved by the doorway as I watched him run out the house towards the forest, towards La Push. I hated moments like this.

“So, where about in South Africa are we going?” I asked as I turned around to face my family.

“Well, we’ll be residing on the Easy Coast,” answered Carlisle, “but for hunting we’ll go up further north.”

“Yeah, that’s where all the good stuff is,” said Emmet menacingly.

“But we’ll have to be careful,” warned Jazz, “Most of their wildlife is protected. We’ll have to find a less conspicuous spot.”

“And Jake can’t be in his wolf form for most of the time,” said Mum, “South Africans aren’t accustomed to seeing wolves among their wildlife.”

My knowledge on South Africa was minimal, so this was all news to me.

“Right, the tickets have been booked,” announced Esme, as she turned to face us, “We’ll be leaving in an hour.”

“Come on Ness,” Alice came over to me. “I can’t let you go like that to the airport in that.”

I looked down at my clothes. Right, going to the airport with blood stained clothes wasn’t exactly normal for a human – then again I wasn’t exactly a normal human either.

I let Alice drag me up the staircase, towards my slow torture…

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

oh I LOVE IT!!

I can't wait for next post!
love it. lol its so good. its my fav Nessie story, write more
OMJ!
tnh so much for posting the next chap!...i thought that u have cut the story there!!!!
so plz plz plz
dont take so long in post the next chap. :D!!!!
write mroe soon
:)
xx
I'll try! And hopefully my pc will get fixed quickly so I can post more regularly!
Amazing Come On!!!
oh good i hope so
Okay you are driving us all crazy, we need more.
I'm sorry!

It'll be up, ASAP!
thanx! I can't wait to read it!
OMG i forgot all about this story due to the fact that im never on this site anymore
BUT! i love how everything is developing!=D

HURRY UP && POST PLZZZ
your story is great
A/N: Okay, its way overdue, I know. But here it finally is. Enjoy!

Chapter 6: Across the Boarder

We slowed down to a walk when we saw the border gates a few meters ahead of us.

“Jacob.” Dad addressed him, “I think you’d better phase back in order to get over here. It’ll be difficult in you wolf form.”

Jacob nodded and treated back to a thicket of trees we’d just passed, but my attention was on the fence.

“We’re going to climb over that?” I asked.

“Yes,” replied Granddad.

“But…but what about the main gates?” I queried, “Don’t we have to get our passports signed and stamped?”

“Oh, we’ve already seen to that,” answered Aunt Alice, rummaging through one of the suitcases. When she found what she was looking for, she tossed the lot at us – one to each of us. They were our passports.

I opened my unused one to find several stamps and signatures on the one page.
Of course Max must have done these for us – he would do ANYTHING for us.

“Oh, and we need to get rid of these ones,” she added, pulling out another stack of passports. She put them on the ground in a pile and pulled out a lighter which she used to set the pile alight. It looked like a little bonfire as the flames licked the paper and melted the plastic. The heat from the fire was challenged by heat coming from behind me.

Jake had returned from the thicket and had just caught his passport which Uncle Jasper had thrown at him.

We both watched as the mini bonfire died out – from all the crackling and hissing to a few pops, from flames to ash, smoke to thin wisps. We were distracted thanks to Uncle Emmet, who was already on the other side of the fence, waving impatiently at us.

“Yes, it’s a fire. Oooh,” he ooh-ed sarcastically, “Yes, it does tend to burn things it comes across. Aaaah.” He sounded like one of those silly children on those dreadful cartoons Mum and Dad used to make me watch when I was a few months old.

I heard Dad chuckle under his breath.

“Well, don’t just there! Toss some of those-”

Uncle Jazz and Aunt Rose acted simultaneously to satisfy (or shut up) Uncle Emmet by tossing all the bags over the fence. He, of course, caught them all without any difficulty.
Uncle Jasper and Aunt Rose were the next over the border, climbing at lightning speed – they reminded me of the way spiders moved.). Aunt Alice followed them, landing perfectly in Jasper’s waiting arms. Grandpa Carlisle and Grandma Esme left us and climbed over.

Mum, Dad and Jacob looked at me with concern… CONCERN?! What the hell? This was just climbing over the fence and I’d done stuff like this before! And if I could jump out a plane, then climbing over a border fence was a walk in the park.

I gave my parents a disapproving look and grinned at Jake.

“Race you to the other side.”

He returned the grin, “One…”

“Two…”

“Three! Go!”

Of course our race lasted about three seconds with our speed. After a bit of a disagreement as to who came first, Aunt Alice concluded, “It was a tie.”

“Don’t worry,” I said to Jake, “I’ll win the next one.”

“Sure, sure,” he replied.

“So, which direction will we be travelling in now?” asked Grandma Esme.

“Well, we’re Limpopo right now,” said Uncle Jasper. Limpopo? “So we should carry down South.”

“Okay,” said Emmet, “Let’s go.” And he dashed off into the distance with a few bags. Aunt Rose threw me a smile and dashed off after him.

“Let’s not race now,” I murmured to Jake. I could feel the exhaustion starting to take over my body. Too much racing was not good for me…

‘Ah, too scared I’ll beat you?” he teased.

I rolled my eyes at him as if to say “yeah, right” and dashed off in Uncle Emmet’s direction. I could hear Jake chuckle and transform so he could catch up. I ran alongside Alice as I waited for him to return.

“When do you think we’ll reach the hotel” I asked her.

“In about n hour at the most,” she replied.
‘Oh, goody,” I sighed. I wanted to get to bed soon. All this running was wearing me out.

“You’re going to love this place,” Aunt Alice carried on, “It’s right by the beach and the weather is warm. Perfect for swimming.”

“The sea?” I asked, “Wait, what about the sunlight? Won’t we sparkle here?”

“Yes,” she replied, “but we’ll stay indoors during those sunny days. We’ll go to the beach at night or early in the morning before sunrise.”

“And the best times to go will be when there’s really stormy weather,” added Uncle Jasper.

“Yeah, surfing those waves are gonna be awesome!” called Uncle Emmet.”And the best part is that there won’t be any life guards around to tell us what to do!”

A bark in agreement came from behind me. Jake had finally caught up.

“Finally,” I teased, “I thought you were never going to make it.”

He barked in disagreement and nudged my leg softly with his nose.

About five minutes later we could see light ahead of us, but we stuck in the shadows of the trees keeping up our speed. We didn’t want people seeing us now, running at abnormal speeds.

Then finally, forty-five minutes later, we made it to our destination; The Durban Spa Hotel, in Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa – as Dad had mentioned along the way. He also said that we’d just been in two different countries and three different provinces in the one. Provinces in South Africa are like our states back in America.

Jake had transformed back into his human form before we reached the beach, before he could be seen as a wolf.

When we got to the beach, the smell of salt and the sea draft hit us, the wind playing with my hair. The sound of the crashing waves on the shore filled my ears, calming me the same way the La Push waves do. Maybe the waves were a bit too calming at the moment, as they made me feel sleepier.

“Hey, wait till we get to the hotel room before you crash,” teased Uncle Emmet as Jake supported me when I almost fell over.

And finally after check in and some explanation as to why we checked in at an ungodly hour, I walked into our chalet, dropped whatever I was holding on the floor and plopped on the bed. The last thing I heard was my Uncles’ chuckling and my mum closing the door…

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service