The Twilight Saga

PROLOGUE

She laid on the cold floor, in a dark room. She screamed at the top of her lungs as fire coursed through her. She had no idea what was going on, or why. But the presence of a man in the room, caught her attention. She had hoped he was there to save her. To stop her suffering. He leaned down beside her, and spoke. "How could he have done this to me!" He growled. "You are useless now!" He added, as he stood and kicked her in the stomach, as though the pain she was already suffering through, wasn't enough. Then she was alone. Nothing heard through the darkness, but her own screams.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Chapter 1

June 17th, 1908

Mary Alice Brandon, wasn't your normal 7 year old girl. She never liked frilly dresses, or playing with dolls. She would rather take a stick, and smack a wheel down the road, climb a tree, or fight with the local boys. Every time her mother tried to put her in something pretty, or fix her hair, Mary would come home filthy, with her jet black hair, in a wild mess atop her head.

"Now, sit on the stoop until we are ready. Don't let me come back to find you dirty," Samantha Brandon told her. "Yes, mama," Mary said politely. Then her mother disappeared back into the house, to finish getting ready to go to the market with Mary. 

Mary watched as two boys ran passed her house, laughing. "You won't believe what I found in the creek," one yelled at the other. "Tell me!" The other shouted, but the first boy only laughed. This made Mary curious. She too wanted to see what was in the creek, though her mother said stay put. "It will only take a minute," Mary whispered to herself aloud, "And I will stay out of the creek." Mary smiled as she climbed to her feet and began running.

"Look it's Mary, Mary, quite contrary!" One of the boys teased. "Adam, I beat you up once, don't make me do it again!" She yelled, as she caught up. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I heard what you said, and I want to see whats in the creek too!" She giggled. "Go back home before you get your dress dirty. Your mama will give you another lashing!" He teased again. Mary pushed him to the ground, and kept running. The other boy laughed, "See you there, Adam! And so glad you could join me, Mary," he added, with a smile. "Thank you Thomas."

By the time they reached the creek, Adam had caught up. "So, what's this you want to show us?" He asked. "It's over here in the weeds," Thomas said, grabbing a stick off the ground. The three of them walked over, and using a stick, Thomas spread the weeds, to reveal a dead body. Mary gasped. "What do you think happened to him," Adam asked calmly. "Don't know. But he's got two little holes in the side of his neck," Thomas told them. Mary just stood there, with her hand over her mouth, staring at the two holes in the mans neck.

At that moment, Mary felt as though she left her body, as she saw visions of an teenage girl, with jet black hair, pale skin, dark eyes, and a beautiful face, walk up to another girl and introduce herself. "I'm Alice. Alice Cullen," the girl said, causing Mary to say it out loud. As though everything was sucked into her eyes, and back into her mind, Mary stumbled. Adam caught her arm. "Who is Alice Cullen?" He asked, when she looked over at him, with fear in her eyes. "I don't know," she whispered.

Mary felt drained, and the boys slowly walked her back to her home. "Mary Alice Brandon! Where have you been?" Her mother demanded. "Ma'am, Mary isn't feeling too well. She said someone's name, then she hasn't really spoke since," Adam told her. "What was the name?" Her mother asked. "Alice Cullen," he told her. "Who is Alice Cullen?" She asked. "We don't know. She doesn't know," Thomas said. "She seems weak," Samantha said as she pulled her daughter up the steps, and into the house. "You're warm too. I should put you to bed, and call the doctor. Thank you boys, for bringing her home," she added, as she closed the door.

Later that day, Mary laid in her bed, wrapped tight in her covers. The doctor checked her over then headed out in to the hall with her mother. "What is it doctor Jones? What's wrong with her?" She asked, worried. Mary's father had come home from work by this time, and he was standing there, holding his wife. "It seems she has yellow fever. While I was examining her, her nose began to bleed, which is a common symptom of it. She asked me if I knew an Alice Cullen, and when I told her no, and asked if she knew her, she told me no, but she saw the woman in her head. You might want to start praying now. It seems your daughter may not make it. She is showing signs of delirium. I will have an ambulance come round for her shortly," he stated as he tipped his hat. 

Samantha began to cry. Her only child laid in a bed, sick and dying, and she couldn't do anything about it. Her husband William, just held her. The same pain of losing a child, cut through his heart as well. He didn't want to lose her, either, and he knew he had to do something to save her. But what?

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

You can say more, than just like, you know! lol

I know but thats the only word I could think of for this rp.

but this isn't an rp, it's a ff! lol

I know plus I comment you about last day on earth.

I know

ok ^_^

Chapter 4

Mary set there quietly, and Samantha knew she would have to do all the talking. She also knew this would be a sensitive subject, since she was sure her daughter's silence had nothing to do with her father's death. "Mary," she said slowly, unsure of how to begin. "I know you wanted to keep her a secret. And I'm sure your father was your strength and help in doing so, but secret's don't stay that way forever. Sometimes they come out," she said. Mary stared at her and shook her head slowly. Samantha gave a sigh. She really didn't know how to help her daughter. "I've got some money saved up and I want you to see a therapist," she spoke softly. Mary's eyes widened. They both knew that if anyone found out, their reputation as an upstanding family would be ruined. "Mama," Mary spoke quietly, "I don't think that's a very good idea." "Not here. We can go to another town. Where no one will know who we are. It can work, and sweetheart," she paused, rubbing Mary's hair, "I think you would feel better if you had someone to talk to, who could understand how to help."

Mary sighed, but agreed with her mother. "Besides, we can make a day trip out of it. Go do something fun when you are done. It would make you feel better," she added. Mary smiled. Doing something with just her and her mother would be fun, she thought.

Three days later, Mary and Samantha were off to Gulfport, Mississippi. Mary hadn't been there since she was a child. Her father took her once, when he was shopping around for a summer home. They never got one, and Mary hadn't been back since. 

The scenery was beautiful this time of year. It wasn't too hot, and it wasn't too cold. The leaves were still a bright green, and the sun shown wonderfully. Mary wasn't really looking forward to speaking with a therapist about Alice Cullen, but she was looking forward to walking about the beach with her mother.

Mary gave a sigh, just as the cab came to a halt. Her and her mother stepped out, and walked the next two blocks to the office. It was a quiet walk between them, and everyone who passed by were polite. Saying, "Good day." "How do you do?" And men even tipped their hats. It was respect to do so. 

The next thing they knew, they rounded a corner, and was there. Mary suddenly felt scared. She was afraid to talk to some stranger about her problems, but her mother grabbed her arm and tugged her in.

It was a small office. A young woman with blonde hair was seated behind a brown wooden desk. She had bright blue eyes, and a smile that could light up a room, though Mary wasn't about to let the friendly smile sway her from what she was dreading. The office was cool, and the scent of ocean air flowed through Mary's nose. "Mary Brandon, to see Dr. Adkins," Samantha stated. The woman pulled out a black book and thumbed through it. She found what she was looking for, then said just a moment. She got up from her desk and walked into the joining room, shutting the door behind her.

Mary studied the small office. Paintings hung on one side of the wall, wooden chairs below it. Another side had a book shelf, filled with lots of books. Her and her mother took their seats under the painting, just as the woman stepped out, with that same smile. "The Dr will see you now," she said as she took her seat.

Mary rose hesitantly and Samantha grabbed her arm. "It will be okay," she assured her, with a smile. Mary smiled back though she really didn't feel like it. Then she walked to the door, and pushed it open, closing it behind her.

A short fat man stood up from behind a similar wooden desk and walked around towards Mary with a smile. He was balding and wore glasses. "I'm Dr. Adkins," he stated as he extended his hand to Mary. She took it softly, and he shook it, then showed her to a small couch. "Please, have a seat," he said. Mary nodded and set down.

He seated himself in a leather chair across from her, grabbing a note pad and a pen off the small table beside it. "What would you like to talk about?" He asked. 'My choice,' Mary thought. But she knew, though she didn't want to, she had to talk about Alice Cullen.

"I got sick as a child. Yellow fever, they say. I almost died, but when it first showed up, I started having visions. Everyone said it was delirium from the sickness. But they never went away," Mary told him. He gave a nod, and scribbled something in his notes. Then he pushed his glasses up on his nose, and stared at Mary. "What are these visions of?" He asked. Mary stared at him for a moment. He wore a white long sleeve dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled up. A tan vest over it, with matching tan pants. His black dress shoes were dull and lacked shine, and his tan socks were showing. "Well," Mary began, "At first it was just some random girl, I thought. She was very pretty and had short black hair. As I got older, the visions became blurry, and hard to understand. But when my father past, I saw her again, and realized," Mary stopped for a moment, swallowing hard, "She is me."

love

lol Well, it is better than 'like'!

yep lol so um what are we going to do with chapters 9 and 10 in our fanfic and the pic of Alice makes her look pregnant lol.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service