The Twilight Saga

From the song Whos that Girl by Hillary Duff: "Who's that girl, where's she from,

will she help be the one that you want in this world?

It's not real its not right

its not day its not night

by the way

Whos that girl living my life?"

Preface~

Carrie Jekyll Blaire. My name. I’m not human. Not fully anyway. My mother is, was human. She’s dead now. Because of me. I killed her. And my father you may ask….I don’t even know who he is. My grand mother never told me about him. Except that I got his curly hair and piercing amber brown eyes. And that I should never ask about him. I cant love anyone. Or really care for someone aside from my grandmother. Because I am the devils daughter. Death’s daughter.

Chapter.1

My eyes focused on the night sky. The wind blew my dark hair over my face. Where was I? I didn’t know this place. I think. It seems familiar. But so distraught at the same time. Why was I here?
“Claire.” I heard the voice. Soft. Like a lullaby. I spun around to see him. The boy I always dreamt about. He smiled at me. I felt my knees start to quiver. The boy that I dreamt and wanted. The boy I could never have. “My love.” He whispered and brushed back a lock of my hair. His hands on my hips, he pulled me closer. His lips only inches from mine. His smiled widened and his blue eyes gleamed. I wanted him. Needed him.
“Yes?” I whispered. My voice barely audio able.
“Now we can be together. Forever.” His lips were on mine then. Warm and soft. And-

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

My eyes fluttered open to my brown sealing. I groaned. Not that dream again. My damned alarm clock kept buzzing. I peeked out from under my warm blanket and reached for the clock. My hand searched blindly until I found it and chucked it across the room. Bloody thing. Should have turned it off. Well there goes another ten bucks. Grandma’s gonna kill me.
“Claire?” Damnit. My grandmother’s voice trailed down the hall and up the attic stairs. Yes my room was the attic but hey I like it up here. “Honey?” She was on the stairs now. “What was that?” I saw her grey hair from where I was still hiding under my quilt. Her head turned to where no demolished alarm clock was. “Claire Jekyll Blaire.” She said shaking her head. “That is the third one missy. Get up and clean it. Breakfast is down stairs when you’re ready.” I let out a groan and threw the blanket off of me. A cold chill ran through me.
“Yes ma’am, ma‘am yes.” I muttered. Bad idea.
“What was that Claire?” The one thing about Grandma: She can hear everything.
“Nothing Gran.” I said and went to the broken clock. She swatted at my head.
“No lieing to me.” I knew she was only kidding. “Now hurry up Claire. It may be Sunday but we still got church.” Church. Oh joy. Not. I couldn’t say I hated it there but everytime I went my head made me feel like crap and my stomach would feel like a knot. I had told Gran before but she said it was because I was still getting use to it. For ten years now she said that. Since I was six.
“Gran?” I stopped her before she went down the stairs. And after I had cleaned the heap.
“Yes baby girl?” I hated it when she called me that. And she knew it too.
“Um….Can I maybe not go to church today? Im not feeling so good.” I put my hands on my stomach hoping she would buy it.
“Oh are you okay honey?” She came forward and felt my forehead and cheeks. “You don’t seem warm. Is it your stomach?” I nodded. “Let me give you some jade tea and you can eat breakfast.” Gran was always big on herbs.  Please let her say I can stay home today.
“That’s be great.” I smiled but it didn’t reach my eyes. She left my room and I went to my closet. Sunday clothes. Hmm…. Oh right. I reached for my red plaid knee length skirt and red blouse. I reached for my leggings in my sock drawer and quickly got dressed. I looked at my full length mirror. My hair as a mess. It stuck up everywhere. How did no one laugh at that. I grabbed my brush and quickly got it to smooth out. I could smell jade tea through out the house as I bounded down the stairs. I found Gran standing next to them stove and a plate of chocolate pancakes sitting on the counter. I grabbed the plate and sat at the kitchen table. I loved the smell so much.
“Claire? I thought you wanted to stay home.” Gran said walking in with the tea. “Are you feeling better already?” I tried my best not to roll my eyes.
“No just you never said that I could miss it.” I played with my fork suddenly not all that hungry.
“Nonsense child. If you don’t want to go then I wont make you. God would never want someone in his house if they aren’t well or uncomfortable.” This time I rolled my eyes. God. Right. Then there is a Devil. “Don’t roll your eyes at me.” She said and I smiled and gave her ‘the look’. she couldn’t be mad at me for long now.
“Sorry Gran. And thank you.” I finished my pancakes and tea and went back up to my room. I didn’t bother to change. I’d have to get dressed again if I did when my best friend, Taylor, called. He was awesome.
About a half hour later I heard the front door slam and Gran’s car start and leave. Great. Nothing to do for two hours. I flopped onto my bed and closed my eyes. Letting the darkness surround me……..

“You are so beautiful.” His voice was like my own music. I looked up at him smiling. I could never really see his face. We were in the moon light now. And I could. He was shockingly beautiful. His hair was light enough that in the moon light it was almost white. And his blue eyes. Felt like they pierced my soul.  His lips felt so close again. His hand came up to my face, tracing my cheek. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. I leaned into his touch and felt his arm snake around my waist. “Stay with me. Forever.” His lips were at my ear.
“Forever.” I agreed and then darkness.….

I sat upright in my bed hearing a buzzing sound. My alarm clock was bashed up. So what was it? I looked around my dark room and saw my phone light up. Oh. Right. I could hear Not Afraid by Eminem playing and reached for it through bleary eyes. Taylor.
“Hullo?” My voice sounded groggy.
“CJ?” He called me by my nickname. “Where were you? You weren’t at church. And your Gran said that you didn’t feel good.” He sounded worried. Like he always did when it came to me it seemed. I knew I was like a little sister to him but I wanted to be so much more. If it were possible considering what I was.
“Yeah Tay.” I yawned and looked at my watch. 12:22. Great. “I didn’t feel good and Gran said I could stay home. I guess I fell asleep.” I sat up getting an immediate head rush.
“Okay. Just checking.” He sounded like he wanted to say something.
“Spit it out Tay.” I tried to sit up again.
“It’s nothing CJ. Just promise me not to do anything stupid or go anywhere without anyone. Please?” I couldn’t say no to him but why?
“Can I ask why?” I walked down to the kitchen very aware that I was feeling dizzy.
“Just promise me. I have a bad feeling in my gut.” Of course he did.
“I promise Taylor. Hey can you meet me in about an hour?” I wanted to see him. Yes I know, regular teenager in love.
“Sure. I’ll be at your house in five. Imma catch a ride with your Grandma. Bye Claire.” I smiled. I always like his voice. They dream boy didn’t hold a tenth of what I felt for Taylor.
“Bye Tay.” I hung up and hung my head. The joys of being a teen. And deadly.

Chapter.2
It Starts

I waited for about five minutes starring at my ceiling. Starting to get uncomfortable. I started pacing when I heard a car pull up. Gran’s voice carried from the car through m open window. I looked out and met Taylor Anberlin’s emerald eyes locking onto mine. He knew I would be watching and smiled up. My insides felt like melting.
“…And you have to help me make it Taylor honey.” Gran went on as they came into the house. I rolled my eyes. Gran. Always the one to make things all grandma-like. I walked down my stairs and sat on the last step. Taylor came down the long hallway and walked over. He sat next to me and slung an arm over my shoulders.
“So how is the infamous CJ Blaire feeling?” He put a hand on my forehead. “You’re burning up. Oh no you’re contagious!” He jumped up and ran up to my room. I rolled my eyes and followed. He stood in the corner with his hands up as to push me away. “Stay back. I don’t want to get girl cooties.” He made a cross with his hands.
“Oh grow up Tay.” I ruffled his shaggy light brown hair and he put his arms down. “Jeez you know I don’t got cooties. Amber Beckons does.” We started to crack up and I fell flat on my butt. “Not a word.” I warned and narrowed my eyes. But he still continued too laugh. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at him.
“I’ve been hit.” He fell onto his back and faked dead. I rolled my eyes and creeped over. He stayed the same. I came closer until I hovered over him.
“Oh yeah! Tay’s dead. Now I can sell his body out to lonely woman who need a good quickie.” His eyes shot open and he sat upright and I tried to cover my laugh with my hand.
“Evil.” He got up and fell flat onto my bed. “You know, I like it here. Maybe I should have your Gran kick you out and I can stay here.” I turned and jumped on him landing right on his lap. I straddled him and crossed my arms.
“You wouldn’t.” He looked shocked and lost for words.
“I-uh-um-Oh.” I smirked and fell onto my bed next to him. “You cant do that to me!” He whined.
“Then be nice!” I chided. We laid on my bed for a while just starring at the ceiling. Soon my eyes started to flutter and I fought against heavy lids.
“Hey. Claire?” I peeked through my lashes and propped myself onto my elbow.
“What?” I yawned.
“Do ya think. You know if maybe we could-.” He was caught off by Gran’s voice.
“Kids! I made cookies.” I jumped up and was at the stairs in a second. If anything could stop me it was Grandma’s cookies. Cheesy to say but who cares.
“Can you hold that thought Tay?” I said looking at him from behind the stair railing.
“Oh yeah. Sure.” He got up and walked behind me. The house smelt of cookies and what was left of this mornings pancakes. My mouth started to water and I sat at the counter. Taylor sat next to me fiddling with his fingers.
“Okay here you two go.” She put the cookie tray on the counter and I immediately grabbed one. I accidentally touched the tray and burnt my hand.
“Ow ow. For damned sakes.” I barely noticed the words come out of my mouth before I heard Gran gasp. “Oh sorry Gran.” She didn’t seem to care.
“It’s alright baby. Go wash your hand with warm water and then put this on it.” She handed me a bottle and I took it. Peroxide, it read. “And then put this on. It will sting a little but it’ll help the burn.” She handed me a tube of Neosporin and I walked to the bathroom cradling my left hand to my chest. The water made it sting and so did the peroxide. The Neosporin only added to it. I looked through the drawers and found a bandage wrap and cotton padding. I wrapped it around my hand and put the bandaging on. The burn started to ache more than ever. Just don’t think about it Claire. Pain. I can feel it. For some reason and yet I cant feel love. Except for Gran and Taylor. What a world. I looked up at the mirror and gasped. Written on the glass in pink lipstick was “Coming for you”. My head seemed to spin and my stomach clenched. Who was coming? It had to have been Taylor. But he hadn’t came in. At all. Maybe Gran wrote it. But she wouldn’t be so cynical. I tried to wipe it away but my stomach kept making it hard to move. I ran towards the toilet and puked up what was my breakfast. Ugh. Dry heaves controlled my mouth and I felt like crap. Someone came in and over to me.
“Claire. What happened?” The voice was distant. My mind could barely comprehend it. I collapsed onto whoever it was and heard a gasp. “Claire. Come on. Snap out of it.” Taylor? Maybe. I opened my eyes slightly and was lost in a sea of green.
“T-Taylor?” He nodded.
“It’s gonna be okay CJ.” I felt arms, his arms under me and lift me from the ground. The disgusting taste of vomit had left my mouth and I took a gasping breathe.
“Oh honey.” I looked at Gran. She looked like she was going to have a heart attack. I couldn’t look at her and buried my head in Taylor’s shoulder. I felt better now. Aside from my throbbing hand. I felt myself being laid on something soft and Taylor letting go. My hand reached out to his.
“No. Stay.” I grumbled and heard him sigh.
“It’s okay Taylor honey. I’ll go call Dr. Jackson.” I heard Gran leave and her soft steps down the stairs.
“Claire.” His voice was at my ear and I opened my eyes. “I’ll stay but you have to not puke on me. Promise?” His voice sounded teasing.
“Promise.” He laid next to me and I wrapped my arms around his torso. Appropriate, probably not but I didn’t care at the moment. I felt his arm around my waist and laid my head on his chest.
“Get some rest CJ.” And that was the last thing I heard before darkness…..

“You’re beautiful.” His lips were at my ear. I giggle and played with a strand of his blonde hair. “And perfect.” He kissed my neck and I moaned. “Stay. Please.” I nodded and was entranced by his eyes.
“Forever.” The words that usually ended the dream. But didn’t this time. I felt his lips on my cheeks. My forehead. And finally my lips. They were soft and warm. Hard and rough. But oh so careful. And something else. Something that wasn’t…right. Coldness. I pulled back and looked at him. He smirked.
“Love? What is it?” His tone didn’t sound concerned but amused. His arms tightened around me and it was getting harder and harder to breathe. I tried to push away but to no luck.
“Let.” Gasp. “Me.” Gasp. “GO!” I struggled but his arms felt like boa constrictors. I looked up and no longer saw my dream boy. But two actual snakes. No no no! I hated the filthy things and tried with all I had to get away. But they kept getting tighter and tighter. I couldn’t breathe at all.
“Silly child.” I heard but couldn’t see anyone. “Over here.” I looked to my right and saw a man with curly black hair and amber eyes. He looked about 35. “You silly stupid thing. Don’t you know not to fight?” He took a step towards me. The background of a beach that I was use to disappeared and was replaced with blackness. The snakes had disappeared.
“W-who are you?” I collapsed onto my knees and whispered.
“Why child. No one told you?” I shook my head. “I guess that filthy wench never thought it was good to know about me. Oh well. I will deal with the old hag later.” I tried to get to my feet but my knees trembled.
“Gran?” He nodded and gave a player worthy smile.
“Yes yes dear. Her. Lucinda Blaire. She was never a good mother. To your mother I mean.” He smirked. How did he know about them? “Listen to me child. Your filthy excuse for a grandmother couldn’t protect Carilyna and she can not protect you.” I took a step back and started to feel dizzy.
“Shut up. You don’t know anything about them.” Even though I wasn’t sure of that myself.
“Silly little thing. I hope you listen to me. Oh and just because I think it would be fair, even though I am not the one who cares about fairness, I will tell you this.” he came closer to where he could whisper in my ear. “It is starting.” Then nothing……

Hope I get more! *crosses fingers* Comment!

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

keep me updated ive never read it before today but i'm glad I did now this story is the stuff
Hi RJ that was so good but why leave it there?? I can't wait to find out what all this means for Claire!! Please post more soon!! Loved it!
Hugs
Sarah
Sorry Sarah! I was going to post the next chapter with it but my computer is being wierd and I'm going to get it fixed today. Glad you like it!

~Loves
RJ
Thank you Honeste

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service