The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4902

Replies to This Discussion

Love it!!!!!!! Thank you for the update!!!!!!! I can't wait for more!!!!!! Awww they're so cute!!!!!!! Please write soon!!!!! :)

love it

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! UPDATE SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome(:

still great!! =]

thank you for the update....I sorry the story is coming to a end...................I hope bella gets over her nervousness, I'm sure everything is going to be fine...until you post again

hay update girl luv dis story and sorry i havent commented in awhile i was really really busy with college

Awesome

you have to update soon or I will DIE!!!!!!! LITERALY !!!!! LOve your story♥♥

WITHOUT

CHAPTER 34: Finally Home (Bella POV)

I looked down at Edwards hand laid over mine and then back out of my window. I closed my eyes and let out one last long breath. I turned back to face Edward, looking into those beautiful eyes, every fear and worry I had was now gone. “I’m ready.”

xxxxx

Edward came around the car and helped me out, grabbed the bags from the trunk and took my hand once again. We slowly made our way up the front steps to the glass door. I kept my eyes straight ahead, afraid that if I turned away I would never make it through. Holding it open for me, I walked over the threshold and into a warmly lit living room and waited for Edward to show me the rest of the way.

He stayed close by my side, holding a hand on the small of my back and led me up a flight of stairs. As I walked up, I heard distant voices talking amongst each other.

Once up the stairs, we turned a corner and there waiting for us just as he said they would be, where Edwards parents and siblings. Thanks to his descriptions of them all, I could tell who everyone was. Just as I expected, his mother and sisters were as beautiful as I imagined.

And if I wasn’t nervous before, I sure as hell was now. As there was one set of Ruby Red eyes on the three couples in front of me, there was now six sets of Golden Honey eyes on me. It’s a good thing I didn’t need to breathe because I was now holding my breath and frozen right where I stood.

Just then, one set of eyes locked with mine and just as quickly as it set in, all my nerves were gone. I felt…calm and at ease with everyone. Comfortable. Like I had known everybody for years and not just the last five seconds. So, this is what Jaspers gift felt like. I smiled at him, as a thank you. He smiled and nodded back.

Finally someone broke the silence, “Hi Bella! I’m Alice!” She was quickly in front of me, pulling me into a hug.

Edward stayed by my side while everyone shifted, either to sit or stand. His hand slid from my back into my own. He was here for me. I needed him here.

“We’re so happy you are here!” Alice’s smile was from ear to ear and was practically bouncing in place. “Here, come say hi to everybody!” She says as she takes my free hand in hers and walks me over to a guy with wavy blonde hair standing next to a white couch.

“Bella…this is Jasper.” Alice introduced us as she let go of my hand and took Jaspers instead.

“Nice to meet you.” Jasper said in a southern accent, smiled, nodded and shook my hand.

“Hello.” I said and smiled. Again silently thanking him for calming me down.

Alice stayed with Jasper so now it was Edward who would lead the way to everyone else and introduce us.

Next was a slightly short woman, about my height, with light brown hair, and a blonde haired man who, of course, didn’t look any older than 25. Carlisle and Esme. Before Edward could speak, the woman reached out to him and pulled him into a hug. “I’m so glad ya’ll are home.”

“I’m happy to be back.” He said with a smile and looking down at me. “Esme, this is Bella.”

“Hi Bella. I’m so happy you have decided to come back. I’m sure you have made Edward exceedingly happy.” She reached out and hugged me as she spoke. Her tone and the feel of her hug was genuine. I could see what Edward meant about Esme’s gift being love. I had barely met the woman and I felt so much love for her already.

"Thank you.” I was happy to be back, it would just take me a little while to get used to it. And I really do hope I would make Edward happy. Only time will tell.

“Bella you remember Carlisle,” Edward’s voice broke me from my thoughts.

“Yes, of course. Nice to see you again Dr. Cullen.” I smiled and shook his hand.

He smiled back, “Please Bella, Carlisle will do just fine.”

“Right, sorry.”

Next was a tall, bulky guy with a goofy smile spread from ear to ear. Emmett.

“Bella this is Emmett.”

“What’s up!?” His voice boomed as he laughed, his shoulders bobbing up and down.

I couldn’t help but laugh at his easy going smile and tone. “What’s up.”

“Not much, just waiting on you guys.” He was gonna be easy to get along with.

After a slight pause, Edward motioned to the tall, leggy blonde standing in what looked like six inch stilettos with her arms folded across her chest next to Emmett eyeballing me. She was even more beautiful than I thought. And looked pissed! “This is Rosalie.”

“Nice to meet you Rosalie.” I extended my hand to her. However, I didn’t receive the warm welcome from her that I had from everyone else. Rosalie looked me over once from head-to-toe, shook her head and walked away, her heels making a click with every step she took, until there was nothing but silence. A few seconds later a door slammed and I felt the house shake a little.

“There goes another door.” I heard Alice say behind me in a tone completely different from the one she’d used a few seconds ago.

I looked around, wondering what I could have done to make her react that way, and noticed how everyone was shaking their heads. I think I even caught Alice rolling her eyes. Emmett’s face was no longer holding his huge grin, instead he was looking down shaking his head, shoving his hands deep into his pockets and rocking on his heels. Carlisle and Esme had a disappointed look on their faces as they sighed and exchanged glances. “It’s not you.” Edward said to me, my face turning to look up at him. “She’s not the nicest person.”

“Oh.” I didn’t really know what else to say to her reaction to me. She didn’t even know me and yet somehow I had already personally offended her. Then again…thinking about it, this is actually how I expected everyone to react to the girl who so rudely left there home after the offered her help. This is what I was afraid of the whole time. Honestly, I’m glad it was only one of them who reacted as I suspected.

“Carlisle, Esme, if you don’t mind, I’m going to give Bella a tour of the rest of the house and let her get settled in.”

“Of course.” Carlisle nodded and smiled.

“Yes, take all the time you need. Call us if you need anything. Bella, it’s nice to have you home.” Esme smiled warmly.

Home. I’m home.

Edward tugged lightly on my hand bringing my full attention back to him, “This way Bella.”

The house was bigger than I thought. It’s beautiful. There were four bedrooms, one for each couple, each decorated differently to accompany the couples own tastes. Each connected to their own private master bathroom. Two studies, one Dr. Cullen used as his office that was covered from floor to ceiling with books. I remember this room. This is was the room I woke up in. And the other was one Esme used as her “decorating headcounters“, as Edward called it. There were fabric samples, paint swatches, and furniture catalogs everywhere in there own neat little piles. The kitchen was beautiful with all stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, though they were never used. I would have loved it in here had I needed to use it. The dining room looked like something out of a magazine. The table was a long, oval glass top big enough to seat ten. The china laid out was a beautiful, unpolished black accompanied with extremely shiny silverware. In the center of the room hung a crystal chandelier directly over the floral centerpiece of the table. The living room was spacious and open. There were dark hard wood floors, lush white couches spotted with plush red suede throw pillows and cherry wood end tables topped with black and stainless steel lamps. The fireplace in the center of the far wall had a mantel that held family photos and a vase with beautiful white lilies to accent the couches. My favorite room, however, was the one left alone for solely one thing, Edwards black Baby Grand piano. It was the only thing in the room. He said he hadn’t played in a while but that if I’d like, he would play me something a little later.

Once the tour was over, he lead me up yet another small flight of stairs and to a room at the end of the hall. “This is my room.” He cleared his throat and spoke again, “Our room.” I took a few steps further into the room looking around.

It was spacious and open, with two of the walls being made up of just glass and a few beams of wood to hold the glass together. There were tons of books and journals laying throughout the room. A shelf covered with music from top to bottom was against the opposite wall. A white leather chase was against the glass wall surrounded by even more books but… No bed… Hmmm…Not that it would be used for sleeping…Getting a little ahead of yourself Bella…

The silence hung thick in the air for a few seconds with neither one of us saying anything after that. I turned to look at him.

“I can arrange something else if you’d like. You can have the room to yourself and I can…” He said, his body shifting as if to leave.

“No!” Okay that came out louder than I meant it to. “No, this is fine. This is your room. You shouldn’t have to… Don’t leave.” The last words came out as a whisper, but I knew he heard me. I didn’t want him to be away from me.

“Alright. If that’s what you want.” His body shifted back facing me and took a slow step in my direction. Suddenly the light buzz I had been feeling before was now back with full force. I don’t know if Edward felt it too but I felt like I was practically vibrating.

Suddenly I realized just how close he was to me. His face was only inches from mine. I could taste his breath on my tongue. It was mouth watering. I had to swallow. And speak before he thinks I’ve gone crazy. “It’s what I want.” I nodded.

“Alright.” He repeated. Ever so slowly, he leaned down, his mouth now really close to mine, his eyes searching mine, looking for an answer to the unspoken question he was silently asking. I nodded my head. And finally after what felt like the worlds longest pause, his lips came flush with mine. And time stood still.

Edwards lips were soft and warm as they slowly danced with mine. His kiss was gentle yet passionate. His arms wound around me waist, pulling my chest close to his, holding me there. His touch was a gentle wisp as his hands moved from my back to my waist. His thumbs finding their way to the hem of my shirt, then slowly gliding under. I felt his thumbs gently draw circles on my skin. Sparks of electricity shot through me at his touch. I felt as if I was on fire and every nerve ending was alive. My hands gently fisted in his hair. I needed to be even closer to him.

We stood there, holding each other, kissing for what felt like a small lifetime as time passed by ever so slowly. His hands stayed around my waist, mine now around his neck holding on for dear life. The touch of his lips on mine was something I would never forget. And the feeling I got in that moment was unlike anything in the world. Edward was mine. And I was his. I would remember that kiss for the rest of eternity.

xxxxx

A/N: Thoughs on how this went? I hope it was alright? There is only one chapte left. I will be sad once this is finished but it's gotta end somewhere right? I have a feeling there will be a few weeks in between this chapter and the final one. I jus want it to be right ya know.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has taken a chance on this and contiued to read all the way to the end. I hope to see your names appear in reviews for my upcoming projects. I have so much love for you all and I thank you so very much. Until the final chapter....Much Love --Cherie--

love this, love the kiss ,love everything !!!!!!!

thank you for the update.....leave it to Rose to be less than hospitable......Yes Bella is home, she finally realizes she gets to keep Edward......................until you post again..........I'm sorry its coming to a end but I look forward to the next project

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service