The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4957

Replies to This Discussion

aww bless jacob!!update soon!its awsome!
omg!! write more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awsome!!! write more please!!!!!
xoxo
I just love it and I hope she will meet with Edward again.

WITHOUT

CHAPTER 12: ALL ALONE (BELLA POV)

Just to be on the safe side, I decided to stay here in Michigan for the night; give Jacob a chance to leave. Maybe I'd stay longer? I found an abandoned house on the outskirts of the city. I'd stay here; lay low, away from people til I decided on what I'd do.

There were so many questions I had unanswered. I didn't feel tired. Would I ever fell tired again? Would I want to sleep? What would I do in the morning? Morning meant sunlight. And if all the myths and movies were right -- sunlight meant death! And I wasn't ready to be incinerated and reduced to ash just yet. A part of me wishes I would have stayed with Dr. Cullen just a little bit longer than I had. At least long enough for the key questions to have answers to. Oh well, I was on my own now; too late to go back. I guess I was confined here for longer than I thought.

The hours passed very slowly. With all my free time I had my mind had plenty of time to wonder about things. Things like Dr. Cullen and his family. How they lived. About their lifestyle. They had chosen to live different from the typical 'Vampire' stereotype. Apparently it worked just fine for them.

What about me? Could I be the same? Could i be this...this monster without actually hurting anybody? I would rather not hurt anybody or anything, but if I had to choose; I would not want to hurt an innocent person.

Before I knew it the sun was starting to rise. I found a large room, probably the master bedroom, at the back the house and decided I'd wait it out in there. It was dark and shaded, but I could see as if I were standing outside in mid-day
while the sun was at it highest. It was so dark in here due to the boarded windows and thick, torn and tattered maroon colored curtains that still hung in place. There was a small square wooden table in the corner of the room and a single chair beside it. Small, thin beams of sun began to stream through the cracks of the boards and holes of the curtains as the sun began to rise. I started to get curious. What if the myths are wrong? What if the sun wasn't harmful to me? All of the sudden I got a small urge to test my new theory and I noticed my pointer finger was extended in front of me about to be put into the stream of light. My brain caught up with my action and I jerked my arm back to my side. "Stupid! You could have just lost your finger." I silently chided myself as I looked at the streams of light. I figured I'd just sit here and try to figure things out. Things were different now and if I was doing this on my own then I need to get things strait.

I knew how the new speed thing worked, that one wasn't hard to figure out. Now vision; that one still had my mind boggled. That and the hearing. I could see EVERYTHING. I could hear EVERYTHING. I could see every detail of everything around me. It was as if everything seen through my eyes as a human was clouded. The clarity was memorizing. I loved that I didn't have to struggle to see, hear, or smell anything. However some of the smells were a little
off and smelled...kind of gross now. Such as the smell of the food being made in restaurants i passed on my way here. Pizza used to be one of my favorite foods -- I think -- now it just smelled...repulsive! This was gonna take some getting used to.

Again, as I sat here, the hours moved slowly . I was all alone and getting bored. You can only closely look at and over analyze the leaves on trees and the snow on the ground for so long.

Thinking about how disjointedly time seemed to flow, passing in a blur at times, with single images standing out more clearly than others. And then, at other times, every second was significant, etched in my mind. I knew exactly what caused the difference and it disturbed me.

My mind wandered back to the Cullen's. This time it focused more on a set of honey colored eyes. Ones that seemed to have a strong effect on me. Some kind of hold? Edward. I got a funny feeling inside at the very thought of him. I felt strangely connected to him in some way. Maybe it was because he was the one who found me? He helped me. That had to be it. What else could it be?

I couldn't think about it anymore so I began to listen to the cars pass by. People returning home from work; making it some time between mid-day to early evening. The sun would be going down soon. Night fall. I'd be able to go outside. But to do what? Feed? I didn't feel...hungry?

Wow, hungry...really? I didn't even know how to refer to what would be my new eating habit? "Hunger"? I would be biting into something? or "Thirst?" Because technically I'm drinking it? My mind had it's own quick internal argument. I was
getting frustrated with myself. If only I'd of stayed I'd know what to do, of what's suppose to happen next.

Maybe I should go back? Maybe I did need help? Maybe tomorrow I'd go back? Back for help. Help from Dr. Cullen. And Edward. Yes, they'd help me. I'd stay here for just one more day -- to be absolutely sure Jake left. I'd be fine for one more day. No problem.

I decided to go for a walk now that it was dark out, get my head on right before I go back. Figure out what exactly I wanted answered, what I needed to know, and what I needed help with.

It was nice out. A few snow flurries fell here and there. It smelled so clean and fresh out here. I could see each and every crystal of the flurries as they fell from the sky. It was very relaxing. I felt as though I had no worries in the world. Then, it happened.

I had gotten too close to the city. Some part that was busy but not too alive for that particular time of night. There were a few people out but not many. The wind had picked up therefore my nose caught a few new scents making the air no longer clear and clean. It was polluted with the different scents of the people walking in the same vicinity as me. Once again I could feel my muscles tense tighter and tighter with each step I took. I felt as though someone might notice me salivating uncontrollably so much venom was flowing in my mouth.

Next came a very new, very unfamiliar feeling. One I had not yet had since my change. My muscles in my stomach tensed up, causing my stomach to turn into what felt like a solid rock in side of me. It was very painful. It was twisting and
turning and wouldn't stop. All my muscles throughout my body continued to stay rigid.

I kept moving, trying to return to the abandoned house. The smell of the people I passed made me realize exactly how thirsty I was, but that was the last thing I realized. My brain was shutting down completely. There was nothing but fiery pain in my throat and the delicious blood--blood everywhere--promising to put out that fire.

I had made it out of the city lights, back into the emptiness. However, I noticed this time I was not alone. There, in a nearby alley were barrels glowing with fire, creating dancing abstract shadows on the walls. There was someone there. I cautiously inhaled through my nose. There it was; the tangy copper smell. Rust and salt. I could pin point the smell better. My stomach muscles became tight again, I saw movement in the alley. I inhaled again -- more tensing muscles and plenty of venom. There was only one. An open invitation. As I began to walk forward I felt my mind go blank, as if
something turned off and something completely different took over. Then, everything went black....

I was moving quickly, closing in on the frightened man who was now cowering down against the wall with the look of absolute terror on his face. It was pale white, like he'd seen a ghost. All the blood drained.

I lunged for him, easily pinning him to the wall as I held him in place. His struggles were nothing, effortless to my new found strength. I was calmly able to subdue the heavy set man with a simple twist of his neck. The loud snap gave sufficient proof. His lifeless body fell to the floor.

I hovered for a moment before kneeling down. I inhaled deeply. Ah yes, this was it. THIS was what I wanted. The scent was maddening.

Slowly I brought the mans neck closely to my mouth, I could still feel his body heat radiating from him. I felt my lips
part, my teeth exposed. Next I felt the mans warm flesh upon my lips, then my teeth carelessly sank in. They broke the skin so easily. It felt delicate and yielding, like silk.

The blood began to flow free. It was warm, smooth, not too thick but not water like either. Creamy. The taste was unexpected; coppery and tangy like the smell but, I welcomed it. I needed it. It felt like velvet as it filled my mouth and slid ever so slowly down my throat.

I could tell when it reached my stomach, there was no longer a rock there, it was gone. My hunger had been satisfied....for now.
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg
noooo bella
still love it

WITHOUT

CHAPTER 13: EDWARD'S RETURN (CARLISLE POV)

Edward, my eldest son. It pains me to see him go through this. I've seen him endure all these years of solitude and then to have him find his mate, only for her to leave. I don't know how to help him with this? He's in such agony.

He's isolated himself from the rest of the family. He stays up in his room all day -- alone. Edward was never as lively as the others, however, he was not secluded either.

Within the mere three days that Bella was here, I could tell something had changed within him. It seemed as though something had been awakened, something that had been dormant for almost a century, at just the thought of them possibly being able to be together. Now, that was gone. She took that life, that light, with her when she left here. Now he's just here.

He used to interact with the rest of us. If not composing and filling our home with beautiful melodies, he -- along with my other two sons -- would go camping. We all as a family would go out. Now, he can't be bothered. I've tried speaking with him, but that seems only to agitate him more. I thought that maybe the entire week he took to himself was maybe for him to clear his thoughts. Get some perspective? Perhaps come to terms with the fact that she had left.

Unfortunately, that's not what he did. When he finally did return home, my devoted wife, Esme, was waiting for him to enter. That's when he told us what he'd done while he was away. I remember the look in his eyes, the sound of his voice, the blank stare on his face; the emptiness within.

"Edward." Esme breathed a sigh of relief as she wrapped her arms around him. Edward slightly pulled away; enough for her to notice but not enough for her to let go. "Where have you been? Are you okay?" Her voice was frantic, worried and cracking as though she might cry even though it was not possible.

I stood silent by her side, as we both waited for Edward to explain the reason for his prolonged absence. I tried to keep my mind clear of all thoughts of the previous week, not wanting to overwhelm him with my silent questions and concerns. I could see it in his expression as he looked off into the distance that he did not wish to explain. Even his stance let off the feel of frustration and annoyance. He looked like a shadow of his former self. In so much pain. I could see the muscles flex in his jaw and hear his teeth as he ground them together and slightly shift his weight from one foot to the other, a nervous human tick we've picked up over the years.

"Edward," I spoke silently, softly, in an attempt to not make him anymore uneasy. His head lifted just a portion of an inch at the sound of his name, then snapped up completely to look Esme in her eyes.

"Mom,"

I could feel her melt in that small moment. She couldn't love him anymore than if he were actually her own flesh and blood.

His voice was light, weak, as if all the life had been knocked right out of him. "I'm fine." He pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around HER this time. "I'm sorry I left so unexpectedly and was gone so long. And I'm truly sorry I made you worry." He paused, deliberating as whether or not to continue as he released her. Her brow furrowed as she again started to worry due to his expression.

"I'm fine, honestly." He spoke quietly as if not wanting to alert the others to his return. However, that was a lost cause and he knew it. Any vampire within a mile radius would have heard his words. None the less, even if we didn't have a heightened sense of hearing, there's absolutely no way to keep anything from our daughter Alice.

With her gift, her ability to see mere glimpses into the future, either near or distant, she'd know what was coming. She'd been 'looking' for him since he left, but was never able to get a good hold on him. His decisions were made spur of the moment. And that made it hard for Alice to see what was to happen next. I knew she'd be listening from another room, waiting for a safe moment to appear. And so did Edward.

"When I left, I wasn't sure where I was going. At first it was just to clear my head, then I found that I couldn't bring myself to come back. It was too much. Then as I was running, I decided to go looking...for her. I wondered along the street, meticulously searching, breathing in the air, hoping to find the scent I so desperately desired. I also began to carefully
search through the minds of passing strangers on the sidewalk. Looking for any small detail or memory of her. Perhaps
someone noticed her. The dress maybe? I found nothing. I then decided to get away for a while. I didn't know where, just
get away."

"Edward?" Alice had finally spoke as she entered the room. He turned only his head an inch in her direction. All he did was nod. We all got a little frustrated when they had these private conversations. But it seemed to make us all a little more unsettled than usual at that particular moment due to the circumstances. As the seconds passed, there were a few more nods and shakes of Edwards head then Alice's worried expression seemed to relax into a face of relief. He then turned to Esme and I, and continued to explain.

"I ended up in Paris. I needed time to myself, to think, to understand. Understand why she left. I realize now that she may need some time also. If she returns then perhaps we can make this work. And if she doesn't..." He stopped there and his body became a statue. He didn't finish his thought and I could almost see another dose of pain bleed into his very dark, pitch black eyes.

"Edward, it's fine, son. We don't need to do this now. This is going to work out for the best. You DESERVE happiness. Fate owes you that." I said to him silently as I tried to comfort him as best I could.

"Please forgive me, but if you don't mind, I think it would be best if i was alone right now." He then turned and calmly walked through the dining room and through an opening in the glass wall that lined the entire south side of our home. His figure was lost in the tall green forest wall just before the river. Alice, Esme, and I stood silent for a short moment.

A serene feeling then filled the room as Jasper entered. No doubt trying to finally put us all at ease now that Edward had returned. Alice turned to Jasper, gave him a small smile as she took his hand and led him outside. I'm sure he's also very happy that Edward is home. Now he no longer has to watch his mate distracted and distraught to a degree worrying about her brother. Alice and Edward are very close, so naturally she'd been worried about him while he was away.

Once the two were out of initial sight I turned to MY mate. Her face once again worried for our son. "Oh Carlisle. I can't bare to see him so unhappy. He looks utterly miserable. I hate to see him suffering so. Edward deserves happiness. He's OWED it! There must be a way? WE must find a way."

"Yes, there may be a way, but we are not sure how much he wishes for us to be involved? We don't want to upset him further."

"No, I don't wish to cause him anymore sadness."

"What if I could find her? Maybe talk to her -- explain things thoroughly? Perhaps she'd be willing to come back?"

"Do you think she would?" Esme's eyes began to slightly brighten a portion even though I thought her eyes could not get any lighter than the beautiful topaz color they were today. All she wanted, all she's ever wanted, was our family to be whole and happy.

"Perhaps I should speak with Edward? He may want to join me? Or if he thinks we should just stay, then we stay and help him cope through this time."

"Yes dear, go to him. Maybe you could take Alice and Jasper just in case. Alice can help explain things to him, you know how he takes into consideration all she says. And Jasper can keep the situation under control. Calm."

"Okay, I'll go." With a quick kiss on her soft cheek, I left Esme and headed to my office to speak with Alice and Jasper.
LOVE IT can't wait for more
I'm so glad you posted again. This is an awesome fic. I can't wait to find out what happens next!,
wow ! AMAZING !!!!!!!!,poor edward, yay ! their gonna go find her !!!!!!! :D
omg
love it
poor edward he misses bella

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service