The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4955

Replies to This Discussion

Hey readers! Well now that I realize that I can reply to comments ya'll leave me via my phone, I think its only fair that I use this to keep my readers updated. I'm gonna try to do this at least once a week? So we'll see how it goes. Here's this weeks: My beta is hard at work editing both chapters 15 & 16 so hopefully the next time I update, which I hope is VERY soon, there will be two chapters and not just one!? I hope to have em up soon, thanx for reading! --Cherie--
yay!
YAY !! can't waittt !!!! :D ~

WITHOUT

Chapter 15: Flashbacks pt. 1 (Bella POV)

"And with that, who is there who believes in Vampires?" -Rousseau

I felt different as I wondered back, slightly lightheaded, to the house I used as a shelter. I felt confident and rejuvenated. Alive. More so than I had when I first opened my eyes after being changed. The blood of the poor, defenseless man in the alley gave me what I needed.

Perhaps help was not needed. After all, I was perfectly capable of feeding without any instructions. My predatory side had taken over and my survival instincts had kicked into high gear. He had what I needed, and I took it. I fared quite well on my own tonight. Except for the mess that I had made of the dress that I was in.

There was now blood on the front of it and slits up the sides all the way to the thighs I had made for better movement. Not to mention the tiny slashes that the tree branches had created when I was running from the Cullen house. I needed to change. Staying in this ridiculous get up was gonna get in the way of my feeding. I’d look for a clothing store when I went out tonight. Find some jeans. Jeans would be much more comfortable than this. Not to mention the heels. Jeans and regular shoes.

Thinking about the dress made my thoughts suddenly take a turn to the ones who had found me--the Cullens. A flashback of the young, pale, amber-colored eyed doctor came to mind, "My family and I have learned to survive a different way. We feed on the blood of animals." I couldn't imagine how one could not want to live the...normal...vampire way. Surely his "animal only" diet didn't include a human here and there. I'm not sure I could bring myself to stay on that kind of diet? Not after what I had just experienced, and enjoyed at that. The taste was so...delectable. The feeling of his warm, rich, red liquid filling my mouth, running down my throat was unlike anything I could have thought it would be like. I could feel everything draining from him and filling me, giving me the very things I was taking from him; will, strength...life.

Just thinking about it made me want more and my mouth quickly filled with venom. Much to my disappointment, I noticed that the much unwanted sun was beginning to rise, so unfortunately I was stuck here. My next meal I so badly craved would have to wait ‘til after dark.

I sat quietly, dazed, my thoughts incoherent. I couldn't begin to describe what a rush that had been. I now have this incredible high. I waited, extremely impatient, for the sun to set. I didn't feel all too thirsty but just the very thought of the previous night had my brain going and my mouth watering. I wanted to experience it again. To feel that rush of adrenaline coursing through my veins. The high it gave me once I was done.

Then like a flash of lightening, flashbacks flooded my mind. I could see with perfect clarity, as if I was standing in the alley once again, the homeless man before me, bundled up with torn, dirty, old blankets and newspapers trying to keep warm. I walked slowly across the road toward him without thinking about what I as doing. As I slowly made my way to the alley's opening between two old brick buildings, buildings that had more than likely been major factories of some sort at one point in time, the man's attention turned to me. I was sure that I hadn’t made a noise in order to make my presence known but the fire that cast my shadow on the wall gave me away.

"Well, hello there." His smile was more than welcoming. If I didn't know for an absolute fact that I could hurt him with just the smallest twitch--oh, come on, if I could dig my nails into a tree no problem, then a 150 lb plus man was nothing--I would actually be afraid for myself.

"Hello." I said, looking up through my eyelashes. My voice was a little more sultry than necessary. His smile was all the invitation I needed.

"What is someone like yourself doing wondering around here at this time of night?"

"Fresh air." I said with a smile.

"Here, here, come," he said as he walked and pointed to the fire in the barrel, "you must be cold." I was, but not in the sense he meant.

"Thank you," I said as I again looked up through my eyelashes. I was intentionally playing coy. Cat and mouse. Little did he know, he was the mouse. With this thought, a pleased smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

"Do you have a name? Or should I just refer to you as I see; Beautiful?" Now he was sultry, appraising me from head to toe. His eyes trying to pier through the blue silk material that looked as if it had been painted on my body.

I answered as I batted my now thick, long, false looking lashes. "Bella. My name is Bella. And my new found friend is...?"

"Peter." he answered, pleased.

"It's nice to meet you Peter. Well, I should be going, I didn't mean to disturb you. You have a good night John." I said politely as I shot a provoking glance his way, accompanied with a soft smile.

He quickly walked my way, "No, no, it's no trouble. Please, stay." He said a little quicker than necessary. Good. I had him exactly where I wanted him. I stared at my prey directly in the eye and gave a seductive grin as I sauntered toward him. I could practically feel his jugular under my teeth as I kept my eyes on his neck. "It's not often I have company."

"Alright, if you insist." I stood silent as he walked back to the wall where I now noticed the small couch he had been sitting on when I arrived.

"Come sit with me." I slowly walked to sit beside him. He patted the empty space next to him. I compliantly sat and stared at the shadows on the wall as he slowly edged inch by inch closer to me. Not very subtle, at least not to me it wasn't?

'Peter' kept his eyes on me as I just sat there watching the dancing fire. I was getting aggravated waiting for him to make his move. Any longer and I wouldn't be able to contain myself. Any longer and I might just attack him now. Take him by surprise? Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw him lift his hand toward my face. There. Finally!

"You know, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone as beautiful as you." He said as he moved a strand of my hair behind my ear, letting his fingers trail my cheek bone. "You're so cold. Let me help warm you up." He was now putting his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him and kissing my cheek and jaw line.

I could feel my body tense under his touch and my jaw clinch together as the repulsiveness of the situation sank in. But then I remembered why I had initiated this in the first place, what the pay off was and I slipped back into ‘innocent’ mode.

"Wait, please." I said as I pulled myself to a standing position, pretty much from his lap.

"What is it?" He was breathing heavier, excited.

As was I, now that I was back in the right mindset. I was getting closer to my very first meal as a vampire. The thirst would be satisfied. The burning would stop...I hope? That's what I wanted. "I'm fine. I just had to breath for a moment."
He stood and looked at me. "It's okay. Just relax." He got closer and planted a hard kiss on my lips and pulled me close.
It's time.

A/N: ok, so the move is almost complete and i hope to be posting as much as i can now that we are here. as you read this i am sending both chapters 16 and 17 to my beta to proof. i'm so happy that so many of you have stuck with me. much love to all of you! lots of love to my girl cheryll, who gives me so much love, i only wish i could give you more. hope you liked it.... --cherie--
*mouth drops open* Oh em gee! *the screaming starts*
lol. I take it you liked the chapter? :) i hope to get the next chapter up within the week? hope you keep reading. thanx for the review. --cherie--
A/N: HEY EVERYONE, SO SORRY BUT IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT BELLA REFERS TO "PETER" AS 'JOHN', THIS IS A MISTAKE ON MY PART. JOHN WAS THE NAME I GAVE HIM BEFORE THE FINAL EDIT. SO IT IS THE SAME GUY, JUST MY SLIP UP. SO SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE. HOPE YA'LL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. LOTS OF LOVE --CHERIE--
omg
love it
cant wait to read the next chapter
post more soon please
im upset that there isnt more...please...i want some more...lol...
lovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee it
I love it and can't wait for next chapter
thank you so much tootsie & melissa for reading, i hope to have up the next chapter within the week! look for an update! much love --cherie--

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service