The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4899

Replies to This Discussion

Update soon!!!

WITHOUT

Chapter 18: Arrival (Edward POV)

I couldn’t help but wonder what she was doing at that moment? The image of her laying there on the bed, in my home, kept coming back to me. She was so peaceful, and so beautiful. Her face, it was the face of an angel. An angel who had come to me, to be with me.

There was a reason I had been out walking that night. Why I had found her. She was sent to me to complete my life here. If I was doomed to walk this earth as a soulless monster, she would be the one thing that would make it okay. Being with her.

But with that thought came a very painful question: Why had she left me? Knowing now that surely she couldn’t have possibly have known then, seeing as how she had just awakened and wouldn’t be fully aware, gave me a small amount of reassurance , but not much.

There was no way for her to know how I felt about her. She had only been conscious for a good ten to fifteen minutes, if that. And within that time, Carlisle and I flooded her mind with the devastating news that she was no longer human, but a monster straight out of a horror film.

What else could I have expected? For her to easily accept all that and more? Then for me to overwhelm her even more by unloading the very heavy fact that with everything in me, I loved her? That I would give my life for her? Surely if noting had scared her away by that point, my confession just might have done the trick.

Now that I was telling myself all this, I now felt bad for being upset with her. She didn’t know therefore I could not keep asking ‘Why did she leave me?’. Then came the guilt for running off and leaving my family to worry. And also for the way I acted towards Carlisle and Alice when they came to see me.

I had no right or reason to be upset with them. I said a silent apology to them, hoping they knew that I didn’t mean to be so disrespectful.

I was almost there. Soon I would have to check into my hotel and start my search on foot.

Then the wondering of how things would go, that’s one thing I can’t seem to get out of my head.

One more state to go through. I just need to get through this drive and I would find out soon enough how it would go.

I’m so worried that she won’t be willing to listen? What would I do if she wouldn’t even give me a chance? I can’t force her into anything. She had to listen. Just listen. I hope that all I had to do was get her to listen and once I explained everything, and how it was possible, that she would see it. See that that’s how things should be. How things would be for her. She would have to worry about nothing.

And before I could think about it any more, faster than it had been decided on and happened, my road trip to find Bella, the part of me that was missing, was now over. I was becoming even more nervous than before as I pulled the car into the Hilton valet parking lane.

As I exited the driver seat, I automatically started rummaging through the mind of the unsuspecting valet, then the bellhop. Neither of the two were any help. Only normal guy thoughts aimed toward my car, nothing I hadn’t heard before, neither silent nor aloud.

I quickly went inside and checked into my room, not that I would be spending much time there--except in the daytime of course--, while also scanning the memory of the receptionist who was also not much help on the Bella front.

Wow! He’s gorgeous. Look at those eyes. I wonder if he’s seeing anybody? Would it be wrong to slip him my number when I hand him his keep. Oh my, those hands. I bet those hands would feel really good running down my back. Mmm on my legs, my ass…

I stopped listening as her thoughts turned even more vulgar and walked away.

I took the elevator up to my room, it felt as if it was going at snails pace. I impatiently tapped my fingers on my leg as the doors opened to let on a little old couple who smiled at me as they very slowly entered the doors. I had half a mind to pick them up and put them in the elevator myself but I just smiled back instead, but I doubt it looked sincere. Probably more annoyed, which is surely how I felt. The doors opened once more to let the couple off. One more floor. The doors opened and I flew out of the elevator and down the hall to find my room.

I quickly put my things away and changed. I was done in two minutes, being behind closed doors made it okay to move at what was normal speed for me. I turned on the TV to scan the news bulletin for any news of missing people or murders within the city? Nothing. I left my room and headed toward that dreadful elevator. Thankfully no one else joined me on my way down. I was running out of patience. I made my way through the lobby and headed for the main doors.

Once I was outside I looked to both my left and right trying to decide which way to go? One way today and the other tomorrow. I turned to my left.

“Will you be needing your car tonight, Mr. Cullen?” the valet calmly asked, catching me by surprise.

My brain took a second to start before I could answer, “Oh, um, no thank you not tonight. Nor tomorrow.”. I started walking off before anyone else could, for any reason, keep me from looking for Bella any longer.

I felt a sense of dejá-vu as I, once again, wondered aimlessly through thoughts of the scattered people who passed me on the sidewalk. I wasn’t getting much help this way. I continued looking for hours with nothing. I began to wonder if I’d ever find her? What if I didn’t? ‘Stay positive Cullen.’ I thought to myself. ‘Just keep going.’

More hours dragged and I was getting close to the edge of town. I doubt she would be this far from the city, it was very secluded. She would be looking for people. For a moment I wondered how she did during the day? There had been no crazy sounding story on the news of people claiming to have seen a woman in a blue dress who appeared to be sparkling. She must have hidden somewhere, taking most Vampire myths to heart. She hadn’t attracted any unnecessary attention. That either meant that she was safe, that she had already left or, the worst thought…that something had happened to her? With thinking that, I kept walking. I would eventually turn back but that wouldn’t be quit right now.

The air out here, like back home, was cool and up until this moment, was clear. The air now held a very distinct smell. It was getting stronger as I kept walking forward. This was a smell that once you’ve inhaled it you’d never forget it. It wasn’t as strong as it would be in a few days, a human could walk in this same area and still not yet smell it. Once the flesh started to decay, however, it would be quite noticeable. That’s how I smelt it right now. I could also smell the very familiar rusty aroma. Blood. Not fresh but still spilt. I was getting closer to the edge of the sidewalk and could see a break in between buildings. Once I got to the opening, the smell was stronger. But it was also mixed with something else. And that smell, I swear I’d never forget. She was here.

A/N: So sorry guys! I know I promised some of you that I would post on Friday and I really did try but my week became so crazy it wasnt even funny! But finally here it is! I really do hope to try to start posting once every week (on Mondays or Fridays? Which would be better? Readers choice) My beta has been really busy also so, this chapter and the next few that follow will be edited by myself so I apologize for any mistakes. Hope you all keep reading and leaving reviews. Thank you so much. Much love --Cherie--
dang...lol...i wanna read more...its too good lol....too good!
omg
love it
update soon
Damn it!,why did you stop there? :(,lol,hurry with next chappie Cherie :)
Sammii, I'm so sorry lol. I hope to have something up on friday and if not then def saturday. hope its not to bad of a wait? thanx so much for reading! much love --cherie--
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i want to read more please write more
So sorry Bella C -t.o-. I hope to have more up soon! Thanx for reading! --Cherie--
Thanx Bella Elizabeth, I hope to update soon. I will probably be posting on Fridays, easier on my beta :) Thanx for reading --Cherie--
keep p0stiinq~!!! can't wait! x]
He is so close but yet no Bella. When? THe suspense is killing me......
love it post more soon

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service