The Twilight Saga

What would it have been like if Bella and Edward hadnt met until the night Bella was bitten? What would like be like for them? What if Bella didnt know what she wanted? Would it work out with them?

WITHOUT

Chapter 1: Footsteps  (Bella POV)

It’s September, it’s warm out tonight. The sun has already set and its now dark, nice night for a walk. I’d done this many times before, so there was nothing off about tonight usually walked at night to relax, let off steam and stress from the day.
   There weren’t many people out due to how late it was. I didn’t mind; it was peaceful.
   After a while, I noticed that there are footsteps behind me, to which I don’t pay any mind. The steps increased in pace, getting closer. Still, this doesn’t seem to be any threat to me.
   Soon the hooded figure walking behind calls out to me, “Hey!” Surely he can’t be talking to me? Who is he? “Excuse me?!” He calls out again, closer this time.
    I looked back and notice he has increased his pace, quickly closing the gap between the two of us.
   I begin to quicken my pace in order to, maybe, find somewhere to go? It’s late; I doubt anything is open right now.
   I look back again, he’s getting closer now.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Views: 4902

Replies to This Discussion

WITHOUT

CHAPTER 27: Waiting (Edward POV)

Here we are. We finally made it back to the room. At first it was hard for her, and I completely understand her caution, but she did it. However, I really should have explained the whole ‘no breathing’ thing sooner and not have put her on the spot like that. She needed to understand things fully and not just be expected to understand and comply in two seconds. I would be sure that with our talk tonight, I explained everything. Anything she wanted to know I would tell her.

One thing that would be difficult to explain is the reaction she had to the receptionist. Uh yeah, I noticed that. She reacted the way any mate would, ready to protect and claim what was rightfully hers. Even as she stood there ready to attack the young, defenseless girl behind the counter, she looked more beautiful than the last time I looked at her.

I guess that proves Carlisle’s theory. Along with the feeling that I don’t want to be away from her, and the electric vibe that courses through my entire body when she’s touching me. Even when all she is doing is holding my hand, I can feel it down to my toes. It feels as if I’m holding a paper clip in an electrical socket and willingly letting the current flow through me. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. Did she feel it too?

I wanted to be near her again. She’s in the other room and only a thin piece of sheetrock stood--that I could easily destroy with a flick of my finger--between us, but after finding her and feeling what and how I do when I’m with her, that is too far. I wanted to hold her in my arms, but would have to wait. She needed time to herself, to clean up, and probably even more time to understand why I wanted to hold her.

She let me hold her hand and put my arm around her while we walked here, but that could have been a comfort thing. Something familiar to keep her calm. She couldn’t possibly know what that meant to me. I’m just hoping that once I do tell her what it meant, that she wouldn’t leave again. Would she leave? Could she? I don’t think I could handle it if she left me a second time.

I haven’t been able to hear her thoughts since I met up with her. I figured it was because she was so stressed and overwhelmed, creating a mental block from her free mind. And now, well, she was in the shower for crying out loud. I wasn’t going to go rummaging through her thoughts right now. So I was hoping that once she is relaxed enough to let her guard down, I should start to pick up a few things.

I’m trying to wait patiently for her to come out but apparently it’s not working because I’m about to wear a hole into the floor from all the pacing I’m doing. That is until I hear the shower turn off, then the pacing stops. I stare at the wall that split’s the living room and the rest room, willing her to come out soon but then I hear the bath tub filling. I let out a long sigh. I have to admit, as much as I wanted her to be clean and comfortable, I really didn’t want her to sit in that tub long.

I was getting even more impatient. I decided to sit down before I really did put a hole in the floor. I decided to click on the TV just to have some noise in the room, it was too quiet.

Soon after, I noticed a new scent in the air. The hot water and air circulation had begin to push out the smell of the body wash Alice had picked out for Bella from the restroom into the rest of the rooms. It smells amazing. I quickly recognize the smell of the strawberry shampoo. I remember smelling it in Bella’s hair the night I met her. Under such horrible circumstances. But even still, I couldn’t wait to smell it again. Closer this time. When I finally get the chance to hold her.

I must have been thinking about that shampoo longer than I thought because I now heard the sound of lace material sliding against soft skin. She was out of the shower and changing. If I had a heart it would have begun to beat with extreme pace.

I stayed where I was, no need to ambush her. She had waited all this time to talk, I could wait just a little longer to see her. I just wish she would hurry. Calm down Cullen, I told myself, She wants to talk so she’s not going anywhere for a while. Relax.

I finally heard her open the door to her room, it took all I had not to jump up. But the moment she was in eye sight I was up and moving. The closer I got to her, the more intensely I felt that vibe. I hadn’t realized how much I had missed the feeling until now.

I couldn’t stop the smile that appeared on my face the moment our eyes met. She was so beautiful. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun with stray strands hanging down around her face. She wore a simple black tank and jeans. Beautiful. Mine.

“Hey.” She said quietly.

“Hey. Better?” I asked, smiling, trying for one to stop staring--as I’m sure I was doing--and second to try to start things off light.

“Much. Thanks.” She smiled back at me. She was so beautiful.

Now I know I was staring because now I couldn’t stop thinking about how beautiful she looked in those simple jeans and tank. Then I started to think about how surprised I was that Alice had picked something so simple. Then outta nowhere I wondered about what Alice had picked up for what goes under? I started to smile, “Did the…um…clothes…fit okay?” Way to go perv! Make it obvious that you are thinking about her in her underwear!

She looked down at the jeans, ran her hand over her stomach “Oh, yeah, I’ll have to thank Alice. This was very nice of her.”

“Oh, okay…good.” Nice one, Cullen. I quickly, and awkwardly, looked around the room. That was different. “Um, so…” she’s waiting to talk, move on dummy! “you wanna sit?” Pull yourself together. Okay, time to do this.

“Sure.” She waited long enough now it was time for her to get some answers. She sat down in the small love seat and I took a seat in the chair opposite her. I would have much rather sat beside her and held her hand but I wasn’t sure that would be appropriate seeing as how I hadn’t yet explained why I wanted to do that. I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

It was quiet for a while then she asked, “So, is it time to talk yet?”

Just like that. I was surprised. “Wow, right to it huh?”

“I’m afraid if I don’t ask now I may never ask the right questions you know?” She was nervous, I could hear it in her voice.

But I did know what she meant. I remember waking up and needing to know the facts right away. She had waited days for answers. “No, I understand, I’m sure this can be kind of nerve-racking.” She nodded. “So where do you want to start?”

“I guess the beginning is as good a place as any right?”

Uh… “Yes that’s true…” but where did she want to start?

“So let’s start there.”

WHERE!? I felt my face go blank. I don’t know where she wanted me to start!? What did I say?

I guess I should start with the obvious but then again, this could would be one of the hardest things to deal with. “Okay. Bella you understand that this is it right? For eternity. You will remain this way forever?” She needed to understand this.

She looked into the mirror at herself. Something in her eyes changed, she was fully understanding, letting it in. She put her hand to her cheek. I wish I could hear what she was thinking. Why is it that I can’t? She dropped her hand before turning back to me but looked at my feet and said one simple word, “Yes.”

“I’m sorry Bella. Nobody deserves this fate and I’m truly sorry it was given to you.” She didn’t deserve this. She could have had a life, a normal life. She could have been married and had children. But now that was not possible. Some heatless, soul-less monster took all of that away from her. Now she was this. Always frozen. Never changing. She did not deserve this.

“It’s not your fault Edward.” She was trying to reassure me that she was okay and understood. “Apparently I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.” Okay, about that she was dead right. She smiled at me. She had such a beautiful smile. “So, the guy? Who did this? Is he…was he found.?”

“Oh, uh” I was not ready for that. I didn’t know the answer to that. I don’t think he was found. Nobody said anything. “I’m sorry, I don’t believe so. When you left I…” I left. I was upset that you left. I couldn’t tell her that. “I didn’t…my family didn’t say anything so I don’t think he has been found.” I felt ashamed that I didn’t have the for sure answer for her. And ashamed that I had not found him already and ended him for her.

It was going to be a long night of answers and the truth. I hope we were both ready for this. I would be here for her either way.

xxxxx

A/N: Hello my faithful and very appreciated readers! I'm so sorry for the delay in postings! I hope you all forgive me! PLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!! :) Any who, as many of you know, I recently got a job and have been VERY busy. I am hoping to keep my posting schedule the same but if for any reason I miss one, please know that I am still at it and will have it up asap! Thanks so much for sticking with me! Much Love --Cherie--

love the story

well i hoop you love your new job

and keep me update on the story

Awesome!!!!

more!!!!

I love you Cherie!!!

chapter was amazing loved it
wow!,so ive finally caught up!,haven't read this since december!!,lol,anywaysss,chapters amazing as ever,so glad they found each other and are getting along again!,keep up the good work Cherie :)
*New Reader* im lovin this story! plz update soon!
give me more i need more lol live it

Thanks for the update......I hope things  work out for Edward & Bella...................until you post again.     P.S.

I enjoyed the part with Edward pacing the floor waiting for her to come out the bathroom.....LOL

Update, please!!! :D
good luck and lots of encouragement
i loved it
ok i love this chapter keep posting more please and soon!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service