The Twilight Saga

You can’t be Serious (Collin Imprint story)

Chapter 1: My Pathetic Life

Elise’s point of view

It’s raining. That’s what Kayla, my older cousin said that it does everyday.
    And I thought my life couldn’t get anymore depressing.
    I’m going to spend the summer with Kayla in La Push with her four room mates. Great, I get to live with girls that party all night and sleep all day. My parents said this would build character and hopefully make me more upbeat. About a month ago my boyfriend broke up because apparently there was no chemistry. Oh believe me, there was chemistry, he just wouldn’t get what he wanted from me. My friends tried to convince me that I was better without him but I continued to be depressed. So my parents shipped me off from our suburban life in New York to spend the summer with crazy Kayla.
    The taxi that I was riding in came abruptly to a stop.
    “What’s wrong?” I asked, confused.
    The old, man turned in his seat to look at me. “I can’t drive you any farther.”
    We were pulled over right in front of the Welcome to La Push sign.
    “Why?”
    “Just pay me and get out.”
    I sighed, handing him a twenty and then got out to get my suitcase. As soon as it was out, he drove away.

All of sudden it started to rain even harder. “You have got to be kidding me!” I shouted, while opening my suitcase in search of my rain jacket. Dang! It’s at the bottom. I gave up and thought I might as well start walking.
    I swore all the bad words I could think of as I took long strides on the pavement. My feet covered in mud, one of my flip flops broke so I decided to go barefoot. It got worse as a car came speeding past me, splashing muddy water all over me. I gasped. I was completely covered in mud. My white I <3 New York t-shirt is completely brown dripping water. I rub the gross liquid off my face and ignore the disgusting taste in my mouth.
    I suddenly remembered that I have my cell phone.
    “I’m so stupid!” I mumble to myself, looking through a pocket for my cell phone. “YES!” I shout gleefully. I unlock my cosmos and start to scroll through my contacts to K. I press send on Kayla and put it to my ear.
    “I’m sorry but there is no service where you are please try and call again when there is service. Thank you.” Said the calm voice of a woman.

“Are you freakin’ kidding me!” I shouted. “My life has officially hit rock bottom! I lost my boyfriend, I have to waste my summer here and now you have to ruin my clothes.” I whined. I’m not the whining type but my life officially sucks. Hot tears splashed on my cheeks, mixing with the rain water. “Why God? Why?”
    As if on cue, a Toyota truck slowly drove past me.
    I squeezed my eyes shut, expecting to get sprayed again. It never came.
    The truck stopped right in front of me. A girl a few years older then me with dark hair and skin rolled down her window. “Do you need a ride?” She asked.
    I nodded furiously.
    The girl leaned across the passenger seat to open the door for me.
    I climbed in, and threw my stuff in the backseat.
    She started to drive down the road. “By the way I’m Leah.”
    “Elise.”
    Silence.
    “So, you uh, from around here?” She asked.
    I shook my head.
    She slightly grinned. “You look like a city girl. Plus your blond hair and blue eyes makes you stand out here.”
    I sighed. “I’m spendin’ the summer with my wacko cousin and her odd friends.”
    She stiffled a laugh. “You can sleep over at my house sometimes.” She paused. “I don’t really get along with people well, but I’m getting a good vibe from you.”  
    I smiled. “Aw that’s sweet!” I liked the idea of having a normal girlfriend here. “Hey, Leah, where are we going?”

She bit her lip, deep in thought. “Um, we’re going to my friends house because you obviously don’t know where your cousin lives and I forgot my phone.”
    “Your friends aye?” I say laughing.
    She rolled her eyes. “Yeah, let’s just say, they aren’t my first choice in friends. We’re kinda um, connected in a way, so we are kinda forced to be friends. Just remember when you meet them. I didn’t have a choice.”
    “They can’t be that bad can they?” I mean, why else would she make her friends this big of a deal.
    “It’s just,” she paused deep in thought. “Most people freak out when they see them.”
    I laughed. “Now I really want to meet them.”
    “Well, now you can.”
    The truck stopped in a run down driveway in front of a dark, blue house.

“I’m guessing this is your friends house?” I say turning to look at Leah.

“Yep.” Leah says getting out of the car and into the rain.

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

luv it..
plz post more soon.
awesome chapter
nice
good chapter--can't wait for more!
i love it please keep me updated =)
love it loveit love it LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait!!!! upload more soon asap!!!!!
I OVE IT AWESOME CHAPPY

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service