The Twilight Saga

'Twilight' Breaking Dawn: Fans want R-Rating so characters can cuddleplus more - Details

April 14, 2010 01:42 PM EDT (Updated: April 15, 2010 03:11 AM EDT)

Fans of Twilight 'Breaking Dawn' are trying hard to convince the powers that be to do more for the next upcoming movies of the Twilight Saga. Twilight Breaking Dawn, one of the more intense stories of the series is far more intimate and fans want to see it on the silver screen. Putting together a petition, the fans are encouraging the Summit Media to get on the ball and mirror the book so that it is far more factual.

This sounds odd as the majority of the people watching this film have never read any of the books. Also it is obvious that if there was a R-Rating, half of the audience would need to drag their parents along to the theater to watch the movie with them. The demographics of the film is such that the tweens and teens like going with their girlfriends to check out the film.

Another major detail making the films  PG-13 is from the author herself, Ms. Meyer who made sure that the audience was seeing appropriate images by putting it in her contract. This stipulation will be honored at all costs as the movie is so successful.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

oh no i know a six year old that loves the movies i never have wacht them
i think it should be rated r alsoi think it would be so much better
I dont really care what the rating is. But i know that the intamacy depicted between Edwaed and Bella By Stephanie Meyer is soooooo not pg-13... I would be interesting to see how they spin that if it has to be PG-13.... I hope we dont end up with another twilight...that movie was so far off from the book it was heartbreaking...
LOL, WELL iiT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED
THAT STEPHANiiE iiS GOiiN TO BE 1 OF
THE PRODUCERz FOR BREAKiiN DAWN.
SO WiiTH HER ON BOARED THE LAST
AND FiiNAL BOOK WiiLL BE DONE RiiGHT. ;-D
lets just put it out there in the book there were some parts that I think need to be made R-rated if turned into a movie. For example the whole Isle Esme scene. How can that be made into a PG-13 version without cutting a lot of the scene out. Its not possible. So yes if they really want to stay true to the book (one of the best out of the saga) then the movie needs to rated R. Sorry for all the youngsters out there but find an older cousin or a cool mom who will buy a ticket and then go shopping lol but there is no way around the R rating of the movie in my opinion.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service