The Twilight Saga

This takes place after Breaking Dawn-It's called Sunrise Tide, and is my fanfiction.

Chapter One-Bella's POV
I stared out the window in the bedroom of our cottage. Peering far out into the forest, I spotted them, using their laughter as a map. They were running, her on his furry back, almost home. It was raining out, but not too breezy. I sighed. I watched as Jake shifted back to human, his hair and bare chest dripping wet. Nessie was close behind, a big smile on her face. Only five years after her birth, yet she looked and acted the equivalence of a girl around the age of thirteen or fourteen. Yet she was far too advanced in her knowledge to be so young.
“We’re home!”, Jacob shouted, shaking his head furiously in an attempt to dry it.
I wrinkled my nose and gave him a small grin.
“Ugh, wet dog”, I noted.
He gave a small laugh, and just as abruptly, his smile turned into a frown and he rolled his eyes.
“Gotta go”, he said.
Nessie placed her palm on his neck, her expression pleading.
“Don’t go”, she whispered.
“I have to, honey”, he whispered back, leaning in closer.
I huffed, and he quickly turned around, a sheepish look on his face.
“See ya, Nessie”, he called, dashing into the forest.
Renesmee waved back, standing in the doorway and watching even after he was clearly out of sight.
“Nessie”, I said softly.
She turned, her quick movements graceful, and slammed the door shut.
‘Where’s Daddy?”, she asked, shaking her wet curls out the same way Jacob did.
“He went into town to pick up a present for Grandpa”, I said, running a finger through my daughter’s beautiful bronze curls. She was wearing a pale green silk dress, and matching flats. “Is that a new outfit?”, I noted, trying to make conversation.
She nodded, a grin filling her face.
“Aunt Alice got it for me yesterday. It’s for Grandpa Charlie’s party later.”
I sighed. Of course, she had to put it on two hours early to impress Jacob.
The thought made me shudder, which is odd, if you’re a vampire, like me. We’re never cold.
Nessie noticed, her chocolate brown eyes hinted me. But I pretended not to see it.
Renesmee looked as unbelievably beautiful as the first time I had held her, as a baby, if not more, but expressed it in a less childlike form now. Seeing her in “adult clothing”, the silk wrapped around her perfect, extra slender frame in a stylish way, made me a little nervous. She was almost fully matured, not only mentally, but physically. And it was hard to be prepared for all the things that would come with that new age. I’d only had five years to prepare. And though I didn’t sleep nights, it still came as a shock to me when Jacob displayed little tidbits of affection for my daughter. It was so weird to remember my blurry human days, when Jacob had done those things for me.
Just then, Edward came through the door, fashioning a jacket so he wouldn’t look too out of place in the town. In his hands were a giant box, wrapped up in silver wrapping paper and topped with a bow.
He gave me my favorite smile, and I dashed toward him like two magnets attracting. We kissed quickly, the big box in the way. He placed it on the floor gently, and sweeped me into his arms, then the same for Nessie.
He eyed her clothing.
“Alice”, he said, giving a velvety chuckle.
“Do you like my dress?”, she asked him.
“Of course. It’s beautiful.”
“What’s in the box?”, she said.
“Your grandfather’s new HD TV”, he answered.
“He’s never going to leave that old couch of his now”, I joked.
“Good thing Carlisle and Esme got him a new one”, Edward noted, smiling.
I smiled back, shaking my head.
We decided to go out and hunt for an hour, and then head over to the Cullen’s house to set up for the party. Little did I know of Alice’s upcoming vision……
Tell me what you think!

www.sunrisetide.webs.com -Read, Comment, Updates!

Views: 3118

Replies to This Discussion

hi!!! you invented the story or what ??*
Chapter 30-Bella's POV-

Chapter 30

Bella’s POV

Edward. My circumvention from this tiny, ever-changing galaxy of modification we seemed to be trapped in for years. The illuminated bright light at the end of a dark tunnel; light that resembled a perfect angel, waiting for me between each slow step. The step which became a faithful eternal journey. Renesmee. My daughter, so unbelievably unique in her kind and beauty, irradiating energy straightforward from the sun. Such a perfect piece of my life, an unimaginable joy. Jacob. Another crucial part of my life, forcing the woodsy greens and luminescent light fabrics of my existence to join together. My best friend, the shape shifter.
I laughed once, reminiscing with my never ending thoughts. My vampire brain, kept up with my every worry, my every little thought on everything and anything.
The bell-like sound of my own laughter frightened me. It sounded unusually nervous, more a cry than anything else.
“Something funny?”, Edward asked from beside me.
I placed my hands against his bare pale chest. I sighed, relishing the feel. Strong, smooth and alluring.
“I think I’ve officially lost it”, I half-joked.
Edward looked concerned for half a second. He quickly forced a small smile in an attempt to comfort me. But it was far too late for that.
I wished I could go to sleep, just for an hour. To build castles in the sky, to imagine myself far away from trouble. Edward, Renesmee, and the rest of my family strong at my side.
He kissed me, gentler than usual.
The forest around us began to darken with the new night sky. My eyes immediately adjusted to the purples, blues and yellows of the landscape, creating a frozen painting of the tall pine and the dark coated floors.
“Nessie’s fine, love. She’s over at the campfire in La Push, with Jacob.”, he unnecessarily reminded me, viewing my obvious worry.
I wanted her here with us. I wanted to wrap my daughter tight in my arms, and protect her from everything that was coming. To know for sure she was safe
With small focus, I lifted my shield away, letting Edward share my mind.
He grimaced, feeling my pain just as well as his own.
And suddenly, a spark overwhelmed me. A small epiphany.
The Volturi
Edward, still in my head, pondered upon my discovery.
“Perhaps they could be of some help”, he mused.
They owe us
“We’d have to be very careful in asking. The Volturi might have a different view of the situation than us. We wouldn’t want Renesmee to become tangled up in Joham’s plans.”
His face echoed mine; a mask of pain.
Just then I caught the scent of mountain lion imminent to where I stood motionless. My shield involuntarily snapped back into place. Quickly, my eyes spotted the slightly massive frame of the animal hunched over a tree.
I didn’t bother to chase my food. Nimbly and with precise precision, I struck the lion, while Edward charged the opposite way to retrieve his own.
Long after the creature had been drained of its blood, I lazed close to its limp body in disdain.
Can't wait to know what happens next, when do you think you will be able to post the next chapter?
i loved it please write more
that was a good chapter..it makes me wonder what stories,if any, were being told at the campfire. like mother like daughter i know Renesmee will try to use the stories in her ideas to help. cant wait for 31
This chapter seems kind of short. But it was still great as usual.
W-O-W WOW! The details are great, and it sounds like stephenie wrote it herself!! You are awesome!!
So sweet, It seems Jacob is really showing his love for Renesmee now that she's almost fully mature.
twiching in my seat it been days..lol
When a post?
Come on Chapter 31!!!! xx Great writing danielle, Keep going!! xx
Chapter 31

I felt the minute shift in the breeze that signified morning had come. As usual, a heavy downpour of rain and thunder began soon after the sun had risen, now hidden behind two thick gray clouds which cast the familiar dark shadow over Forks. Through the disastrous weather, our small cottage, nestled deep in the forest, had an aura of warmth, of protection. For me, the presence of my family contributed greatly to that, and though the dark, omnipresent skies would beg to differ, I almost allowed myself to relax.
But unfortunately, there was absolutely no chance for this Friday to share anything but our wearing relief that everything would be fine for the day. Today marked exactly one week back in Forks. Alice had foreseen this coming weekend as our last, absolutely safe one. From then on, every day will begin blind, either end with a pang of relief or the sign of approaching danger. This would be the one event we weren’t the least bit prepared for.

I sat quietly in the rocking chair placed in the corner of Nessie’s room. She slept soundly in her oak framed bed, carved intricately with roses on vines.
I gazed over to the pastel colored shelves placed against the side wall from corner to corner. They were stylistically positioned so every other hung at a slightly lower elevation, creating a pattern that added a unique flair to the room.
Conch shells, framed pictures, and other treasured items of Renesmee’s were placed upon every one. I paused for a second on the crown jewel which had been my wedding present from Aro. Even today, it seemed to sparkle.
My eyes stopped on a clearly new edition, a little wolf figurine carved out of wood, stained a reddish brown color, and glazed so that it appeared shiny. It stood on its hind legs, eyes staring straight ahead. I recognized the elaborate detailed carving from the wolf figurine Jacob had given me for my graduation; though this one was much larger.
I couldn’t help but admire the craftsmanship, though still my uneasy feelings ceased to fade.
I took a deep breath.
“Renesmee, time to wake up”, I said softly.
She stirred, quickly opening her eyes.
Almost immediately she jumped out of bed, all too aware of the wolves perched imminently outside.
Two seconds after she’d woken up, Alice burst through our front door, a huge grin set on her face. Remembering this was supposed to be a happy day, I forced a smile towards Nessie.
“Ready?”, Alice asked.
“Yes”, Renesmee answered bravely, taking a deep breath.
They both turned their heads to me.
“What are we waiting for? Let’s get you ready Nessie.”
Alice rolled her eyes at me, obviously expecting me to play along with the charade.
She dashed towards the closet, retrieving the gown purchased only yesterday. It was pure white, and wrapped in plastic. The delicate ruffles reminded me of my own dress, though this one was sleeveless.
Renesmee’s heartbeat accelerated from behind me.
“Where’s Jacob?”, she asked.
“He’s getting ready back at the house”, Alice said, removing the gown from its wrapping.
She reached a hand to Alice’s neck.
“Sorry Ness, you’ve got to follow the rules.”
She sighed as Alice slipped the gown over her head.
I stood motionless.
“Good thing Jake doesn’t like following rules”, Renesmee teased.
“Oh, don’t you worry Nessie. We’ve got the pack guarding the house, just in case Jacob gets any more funny ideas”, Alice muttered.
By her tone, I guessed this wouldn’t be his first attempt.
“Perfect. Now let’s fix up those pretty curls”, Alice said lightly.
Renesmee looked towards me, concerned.
“It’ll be over fast, Mom. Don’t worry”, she soothed me, stroking my arm.
I tried to regain my cheerful façade; for the sake of my daughter. Had she just called me mom? My eyes burned as I grabbed a brush off the dresser and ran it through Renesmee’s waist-length bronze hair.
I couldn’t believe this was happening. Alice wasn’t thrilled either; a spur of the moment wedding left little time for the numerous preparations she’d had in mind.
But this was what they wanted. And perhaps it was for the best. We’d only had one week to prepare, to send out invitations to all our guests.
In a way, having the Denali Clan, Nahuel and Hulien, Siobhan and a couple others here at such impeccable timing might be useful, as Edward had pointed out a few days before.
The shrill ring of the phone from my pocket startled me from my almost lifeless thinking state.
I quickly viewed the ID before holding the phone to my ear.
“Hey Rose. What’s going on at the house?”
“Alice pretty much completed the decorating before she left. We just finished the cake.”
“Sounds good.”
“Would you mind asking Nessie what color flowers she’d like for her wreath?”, she said.
“Lavender”, Nessie answered immediately, hearing through the phone.
“Did you get that, Rose?”
“Yes. Oh, and make sure the dogs are clear on the plan. If they show up in wolf form, I’ll kick them out myself.”
I smiled.
“Got it.”
I closed my phone, and slipped it back into my pocket.
“Where’s Daddy?”, Renesmee asked suddenly.
I paused for a moment.
“He’s picking up a few extra things for the party”, I said casually.
Edward had left early this morning to pick up Renesmee’s wedding gift.
As we continued to get ready for the spur of the moment wedding, I continued to struggle with the uneasy feeling that still lingered in my presence.
oh my god its that time for the wedding please send more when you can

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service