The Twilight Saga

Okay, this is a little awkward! Okay, very awkward! But I just have to ask!

I was talking to a friend of mine. She is a Twilight Fan, too, and she posed this really awkward, but well-deserving question. So I decided to create this discussion to ask you guys what you think, because honestly I have no answer whatsoever.

So here is my question: Vampires are frozen in time, right? So their bodily functions are virtually non-existent. They don't eat so they don't digest, they can't produce tears, they don't 'visit the bathroom' and so on. So, how was Bella able to conceive a child? I mean, isn't the production of semen one of those bodily functions?

I hope you have an answer because no matter how many times I've thought this over I still come up empty!

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

the cravings of the baby have nothing to do with the mother's apetite. i ate tomatoes all day long while i was pregnant with my 1st child.

How is that possible? I thought that pregnant women have all sorts of cravings for weird combinations of different foods or foods they don't even like. My aunt for instance hates milks, she can't stand it, she can't even smell it. But when she was pregnant that's all she wanted. In fact, it was how she found out she was pregnant with her secong child, because she suddenly wanted to drink milk!
because that's what the baby wanted, not what she wanted. it's like on FRIENDS when Pheobe was pregnant she ate meat even though she's a vegitarian because that's what the baby wanted. That's how you're body tells you what the baby wants and what your body needs. women that don't drink milk crave it because their body needs the calcium and the baby wants it. i was never able to find a place that could make my steak right when i was pregnant with my daughter so now she doesn't like red meat.
Wow! I didn't know that! Cool...
being pregnant changes your body in so many ways. thats why Bella drank the blood for the baby but hated even the smell of it in the 1st book.  if you've never had children you will learn what i mean when that day comes.  i think the best part is the whole not having a period thing though.
I think I agree though I haven't had children yet. Maybe someday I'll find out what you mean!
just be sure you're ready when that day comes because it changes you in ways you could never imagine and i'm not just talking about the stretch marks
I'll sure be ready when that day comes, trust me! I haven't even considered the possibility yet! It's too soon anyway. I'm only 19! I have many things I want to do before I decide to start a family!!!
here's another question along the same lines...have you seen the movie BLADE with Wesley Snipes?...you can ask the same question...how is he able to be half-vampire and be able to walk around outside during the day on a sunny day?...same situation...I don't think it was explained in BLADE either...so, yes, that is a VERY good question to ask...I wish I had a better answer than this, but, this is all I can come up with right now.
I haven't actually seen all the Blade movies, but I've seen enough to know that you raise a pretty good question!!! There should be someone responsible for answering these kinds of questions!
It is the same with a dead person. You can get there semen out of there scrotum. This how it was explained. Just cause they are frozen in time does not mean that they quit producing. When a male boy is born he has all the semen that he will ever have in his life time. Even though they are frozen he can still produce semen cause he had already produced all he was going to when he was born
Carla you have your biology wrong....females are born with all the eggs they will ever produse in their life time; once males reach puberty they continually produce semen until they die

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service