The Twilight Saga

Does anyone else think that in order for Breaking Dawn to be made into a decent movie it will need to be rated R due to the content throughout the whole book?

I was in the theater seeing New Moon and there were 5-6 year old girls in there. Honestly, for a PG13 movie? 5 years old? There is no way they are going to be able to go see the movie for Breaking Dawn. I wouldn't even let a child under 13 read the book.

Now im not a mother, im a teenager myself. But i find that if they make it PG13 then there wont really be anything shown. Im not saying i want full on sex scenes or anything of the sort. But the whole pregnancy scene where shes covered in blood and the honeymoon and stuff, I wouldn't dare let a little child see any of that. I just dont see how you can turn that into a PG13 movie without cutting all of it basically out.

What does everyone think? I just don't want them making a movie targeting the younger kids. Its mostly the 14 year olds and up anyways. I think that should be the age to see any of it to begin with, I mean what little kid even understands the meaning and whats going on? Most of the older kids who read the books, I really think their parents would let them go see it even if it was rated R. It would also keep the little kids out. And Im sure some parents will still take their 6 year olds to it even then.

Again, this is just my humble opinion. What are everyone's thoughts? I'd appreciate no rude comments, I'm just writing about what I think should happen.

Views: 51

Replies to This Discussion

With good reason. You should not have been allowed to read the last book. Im sorry.
totally agree yr statement. cz Twilight has more interesting storyline,fast moving and it just keeps you wanting for more....
Im curious to see how they are gonna do it aswell. Maybe they can do a kiddie version and an uncut version as it would be a shame to exclude the younger audiences as they have been allowed to enjoy the first two movies. But I agree that to stay true to the Saga they cannot afford to skip parts of the book. However I cant believe such young 'babies' were allowed into the movie theatre to see New Moon, thats really irresponsible. Here in Sweden the movie was for 11 year olds and over
Oh yeah, I think that's a really good idea. Even though I'm only 11, my mom let me read the book and I hope I get to see the movie!!! (someday) I really wish I were older... They could make a movie without all the sex scenes and not that much blood and call it a "movie". The uncut version would be waaaaay better!!! Except I'd have to wait like 8 years to see it... *sigh*
I totally agree if Eclipse and Break dawn especially is dumb the movie will be rubbish, they will cut out a lot of scenes an make the movie shallow, it clear that they love each other deeply an for them not to show that it make it look like jacob has a chance when he never did. i think new moon was good but they cut out some scenes that they could of left in like the flight an the whole keeping you on egde with the changing of alice's visions. but over all R rated film will be worth it but then when you look at R rated film twilight saga Eclipse and Breaking dawn doesnt tick all the boxes but maybe in the uk a 15 is best suited but i think the new moon was a PG12.
I totally agree with you as well, to make the film work, you have to do the book justice. Cutting out the birth, transformation and to a degree the nights in the cottage wouldn't be right!!
i think profit will win over the day and the film company will make it what ever rating rakes in the most money from the widest possible audience, not saying i agree with that but its what i think will happen,
I agree, they will probably to a PG-13 because that is what they've done so far and all the teeny boppers can watch at the theater. They won't want to lose all that money if only 17 and older can get in without parents! I will see it no matter what, but I just hope they do it justice! The build up of the sex scenes start with Twilight, so I don't see how they can totally leave them out and she gets pregnant, so they HAVE to have sex atleast once!! haha!
i 100% agree it needs to be R. NOT that i'm looking for hardcore sex scenes, and god knows the language isnt vulger enough to force an "R" rating, the pregnancy scene alone should get it there. There is also alot of sexual contant in BD.. the honeymoon scene, after the transformation, and i feel those scenes shouldn't be compromised. This is the ending and it needs to go out with a bang ;)
I have to say.. I will be very upset if they down play those honeymoon scene's... and the birth.. I just can't imagine how the movie would be good otherwise. I was already not too pleased with how in Twilight they down played Bella and Edwards relationship.. where were the " I love you's"???
yeah agree with you there
exactly! there were no "i love you"'s in twilight and only one in new moon :( there should be alot more!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service