The Twilight Saga

Of all the characters in Twilight (saga), why do you think people are more interested in Edward’s character?

The story is about Bella, right? So I assumed that people are going to talk more about her. But when the movie came out, people are buzzing about Robert Pattinson!

Do you think it’s the character or the actor that people are more interested in?

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

if you've read the books - its the character. If you're only gonna see the films and not read the books - its probably the actor
See, now, I read and watched. I can't say I feel the same way. I also read the partial on Midnight Sun. I think it's the blend of how RP took his own personal frustrations with his looks and his own insecurities, and applied them to become Edward. If RP had had more personal confidence and was a big name, then he wouldn't have ben able to carry off the character. And the reason I feel so many love the buzz on RP from the movie and books is because even tho' it was written from the Bella POV, the actress who portrayed her was / is lacking. I've seen 3 other movies with her in it, and her performance is the same. Same vocalization. Same look. Same Characterization. No Change in cadence, expression, tonation, personalization, nothing. Just KS doing another role. She's really young, though, so at 19, I'm hoping she's just starting to get her idea of range. Right now she just doesn't have any. That is part of what I realllllly like about RP himself. think about the HUGE range he has already done. In HP he was the IT boy, and in Dali he was crazed, in Vanity Fair he was Reese Witherspoons Son! (even if his stuff go tcut). What a huge range!! And he changes hisself completely every time to become the character. I hope his mom keeps a close eye on him. He reminds me of Heath. GRHS.
i think both because rpatz i defanaitly hot but the way Edwards life is and how interesting it is that he cant hear bellas thoughts but every one elses. and also the way that Rpatz looks as a vamp with his eyes always going darker and lighter as he gts maor thirsty is why i think people were buzzing about him!
cause of his total love for bella and every girl or guy would love that kind of love from their lovers theres nothing wrong with it
Well, I saw the movie before I read the books so I think I can answer this one!!! People are buzzing about Robert Pattinson because he portrays one of the best fictional characters ever created if you ask me!! Yes, the story is about Bella, but let's be honest...Who do you think saw the movies? The biggest part of the Twilight fans consists of girls! It is only natural that they would be buzzing about the guy who played Bella's true love!!!
People talk about Rob because he's gorgeous and talented.

People love the character of Edward because of the way that he loves Bella--to many readers, we have a little timy part of us that wishes we were Bella so that we could expereince love like Edward loves Bella.

Some people were Rob fans before Twilight, and some have discovered him simply because he portrays Edward in the movies. I'm in the former camp--a Rob fan even without the Edward role--but I love the character as well, and would no matter who played him.

So I think a lot of people are interested in both the character and the actor, and some of us have different reasons for liking both.
I love your answer....I feel the same way about how people feel about Rob and Edward.
The character... The reason I say this is because not only is he a major part of the books but a major part of bella's life. Yes the book is about Bella's trial and tribulations, but The Cullens and everyone around her are also part of the bigger picture.
The character... The reason I say this is because not only is he a major part of the books but a major part of bella's life. Yes the book is about Bella's trial and tribulations, but The Cullens and everyone around her are also part of hte bigger picture.
Edward is a unique character, he has such high sense of what's moral, even with the use of his mind reading. And the fact that he tries to stay away from Bella even though he feels so strongly about her...that made me love him from the very start, he's by far the most unselfish being! I'm not a personal fan od Rob, but there isn't any other actor who could have portayed edward, it's like he was born to play this role.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service