The Twilight Saga

Twilight: Hand Holding Apple

New Moon: White featherish flower with blood on it.

Eclipse: Ripped red ribbon

Breaking Dawn: chess

Tags: book covers, twilight saga

Views: 1006

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks everybody. I got alot of info
Twilight~Stephenie Meyer has stated that the apple on the cover represents the forbidden fruit from the Book of Genesis. It symbolizes Bella and Edward's love, which is forbidden, similar to the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, as is implied by the quote from Genesis 2:17 that is quoted at the beginning of the book. It also represents Bella's knowledge of what good and evil are, and the choice that she has in partaking of the "forbidden fruit", Edward, or choosing not to see him.

New Moon~That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning... If you've read the Twilight FAQ, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one.

*****The symbolic meaning of tulips is fame and perfect love. Red tulips mean "believe me" and are a declaration of love. white conveying forgiveness - a Turkish legend may be responsible for the red tulip's symbolism. The story goes that a prince named Farhad was love struck by a maiden named Shirin. When Farhad learned that Shirin had been killed, he was so overcome with grief that he killed himself - riding his horse over the edge of a cliff. It's said that a scarlet tulip sprang up from each droplet of his blood, giving the red tulip the meaning "perfect love."

The 11th wedding anniversary flower, it's said that the tulip’s velvety black center represents a lover's heart, darkened by the heat of passion

Eclipse: Bella is the ribbon being torn between Edward and Jacob.

Breaking Dawn's cover is a metaphor for Bella's progression throughout the entire saga. She began as the weakest (at least physically, when compared to vampires and werewolves) player on the board: the pawn. She ended as the strongest: the queen. In the end, it's Bella that brings about the win for the Cullens.

Twilight Cover: Means the "forbidden" fruit like form the Garden of Eva. Like in the bible god told Adam and Eva not to eat the forbidden fruit form the Garden of Eva but they did any way. And because of that they paid the consequence. So on the cover Edward is the "forbidden" fruit and Bella comes and takes a bite out of him.lol.And we all no what happen when you do that there are going to be some major consequence she will have to pay. Just like Adam and Eva.

New Moon Cover: Means the torn, bloody love of Bella's and edward's Relationship.

Eclipse Cover: Mean that Bella is feeling torn between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward.

Breaking Dawn Cover: The red pawn piece stand for Bella as a human how she is always the weaker player (that why the piece is red because of her being human). And the white queen pawn piece stand for when she is turned into a vampire (that why it is white) it showed us that she will come out on top in the vampire world (that's why she is the queen of the pawn piece on the cover)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service