The Twilight Saga

The blind side of love 

A Twilight Fanfiction

By: Zaicha The Vampire Goddess

You don’t have to see the one you love to know that it's the one.

I'm Edward Mason and this is my love story:

Who said that you have to see the one you love to that she’s the one? I can’t say that exactly because I’ve been blind since I was 10 years old. Ever since then I’ve been living in the dark, but as the years passed I had learned to cope with my incapacity. Is been hard and sometimes I thought that it was unfair but who said that life is fair?

I’m almost 18 years old my twin sister Alice is my best friend; we are both on our way to college. She had dedicated every minute of her life to take care of me. She’s the best friend or sister that anyone could ask for and I love her a lot. Sometimes I wished that she had a boyfriend; she has a few friends but I know that she hasn’t gone on a date in a long time, she had cared too much for me.

My mother, what can I say about my dear mother Esme, she has also dedicated her life to take care of me and Alice. She’s been a widow since my father died in the car accident in wich I lost my vision. It was caused by a drunk driver; my father died instantly. Since then I had to learn to live without eyes; I had learned to see with my other senses. It wasn’t easy but that was the way I have to live.

I refuge myself in music, I relearned to play the piano and a few years ago I started composing music. Next fall Alice and I will be entering college, mom didn’t want me to enroll but I convinced her. She’s a bit overprotective but I love her anyway.

I have to say that I’ve never fell in love. Let’s face it, who will want a boyfriend who can’t see? Alice says that we will find love together, I laugh every time she says that. Maybe for her but for me…

You don’t know how wrong I was, very, very, very wrong…

Characters:

Edward

Bella

Alice

Jasper

Esme

Rosalie & Emmett 

Dr. Carlisle Cullen

Mike (Edward's Guide dog)

Emilia, Ethan and Lillian

Views: 4333

Replies to This Discussion

edward is 17... :/

this is a story and in here he is going to be a year younger than Bella. she went to school at the same time that the rest of the characters because the year she was supposed to enter kindergarten her mom traveled a lot and never matriculated her in school...i write what i want, like i want however i want...if i lose you as a reader is okay...hope that you dont stop reading the story...

thanks for the comment, hope that you understand now?

ya...

HERE IS A TEASER FROM CHAPTER 8, THE REST WILL BE POSTED SOON, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT; HAVE A NICE SUNDAY! :-)

BPOV

I was a nervous wreck, Edward and Alice had invited me to dinner I accepted because Edward said that it will mean a lot to him and Alice gave me a pout and puppy dog eyes. So yeah here I am trying to find the perfect outfit to wear, not like I wanted to impress her…I just wanted to look nice. 

EPOV

“mom, can I as you a very special favor?”

“what is it sweetie?” mom said, “can you be nice to Bella? please mom, she’s my friend…oh and another thing; she doesn’t know about my disability, so please don’t say anything. I don’t know if she has noticed since she hasn’t mentioned anything to me or alice. Im planning on telling her but not today.” I said mom sighed.

“okay son, I’ll see what I can do” she replied.

Esme’s POV

She was here, no one has ever here after the accident, my children don’t need no ones pity…

I need to know why is she here, what does she want with us...

Hello My Angel!

I love the Teaser very much. It seems like Esme is going to plan on ruining Edward's friendship with Bella?

Esme seems to be a little too much on the possessive side in protecting her Son from harm. I can understand what a parent would do but come on Esme needs to step back and let Edward & Alice begin to enjoy the mistakes of being a Teenager.

I hope Esme don't mess up Edward's plan for a wonderful evening with Bella?

Keep up the good work.

Also, I would like to reply to a message a fan posted about this story.

Yes, we all know Stephenie Meyer's version of Twilight and Edward's real mother dying of Spanish Influenza before he was turned by Carlisle. We also know Esme was at the mist of losing her mind and giving up her life while losing another child she was expecting before Carlisle changed her as well. However, many Authors like to write a Romantic Love Story of Edward & Bella in their own unique way.  So if you would like to keep to the basic storyline then read the original Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn Version of Stephenie Meyer's.

Now if you are interested in the opinions and thoughts of how other Fans and writers would like to tell Edward & Bella's story in their own way then show them the support and love. Thank You!

I can't wait to read the next chapter to see what is going to happen. I know I have advanced information in this story since we keep updated when we can about your Talented work almost everyday by text or by calling you over the weekend. Please post the next chapter soon.

Hugs from Your Bear Twi-EmmettCullenBreakingTwilight your loyal Fan who has not quit and will support you until the very end even if all the Fans don't seem to see eye to eye always.

Thanks for the comment Mommy...Here is the next chapter! 

*Warning, heavy argument*

Chapter 8

Esme meets Bella aka: dreadful dinner

Two days later (from chapter 7)

BPOV

I was a nervous wreck, Edward and Alice had invited me to dinner I accepted because Edward said that it will mean a lot to him and Alice gave me a pout and puppy dog eyes. So yeah here I am trying to find the perfect outfit to wear, not like I wanted to impress her…I just wanted to look nice.

I will admit that I feel intimidated because Alice told me that Esme, her mother was a little strict, and could be crude and rough. So yeah, that’s why I’m so freaked out!

Alice texted me their address and I dialed it on my GPS and started the car, all the way to their house I tried to calm myself…

EPOV

“Mom, can I as you a very special favor?”

“What is it sweetie?” mom said, “Can you be nice to Bella? Please mom, she’s my friend…oh and another thing; she doesn’t know about my disability, so please don’t say anything. I don’t know if she has noticed since she hasn’t mentioned anything to me or Alice; I’m planning on telling her but not today.” I said mom sighed.

“Okay son, I’ll see what I can do” she replied. “Mom please” I whined, “Edward!” she scolded me “I said I’ll see what I can do, and that’s my final word” she said her tone firm and sharp, I sighed and dropped the subject.

“So mom, what are we having for dinner?” Alice asked, she had entered the kitchen and stood behind me. “Capresse salad, fettuccine Alfredo with scallops and vegetables, garlic bread, and blueberry cheesecake” she replied.

“I smell great” I said.

In that exact same moment the intercom buzzed, and Laurent the gate guard told us that Miss Swan was at the gate, “let her in” Alice told him.

“It’s time, its time, and its time” she said as soon as the doorbell rang. “Hello Bella, come on in and welcome to our house” Alice told her.

Esme’s POV

She was here, no one has ever here after the accident, my children don’t need no one’s pity…I need to know why she is here, what does she want with us.

Edward said that she’s hi friend and that she didn’t knew he was blind, so maybe she wasn’t a gold digger…the way Edward told me to treat her made me think that maybe he’s interested in her in a romantic way…

NO! Edward can’t have a relationship, he’s too fragile for that and besides, he’s my baby boy and no one can take care of him like him I do. No one will ever tend to his needs like me.

Alice’s POV

I led Bella in and closed the door, “wow Alice your house is big…I mean you’ve saw hog big my house is, but not as big as this” Bella said, “yeah this is a mansion Bella” I told her.

Yeah my house is big, but empty at the same time. Everything stills the same it was 8 years ago, but without dad here mom’s not the same and that’s why the house is not the same either.

I took her to the living room and told her to sit on the couch, while I went to look for Edward. On my way to the kitchen I hoped that mom didn’t screw this up, Bella is a nice friend and I want to keep her.

E POV

Alice told me that Bella was on the living room, I walked behind her since of course it was my house and I had all the room memorized. Alice had her hand on my lower back, just because she knew I was nervous, as soon as I entered her scent hit me and I almost fell backwards.

I gave a deep breath to steady myself, why is this girl having this effect on me? Why her presence and her scent affect me so much?

“Hello Bella” I greeted, “hi Edward, thanks for inviting me. Your house is lovely” she said.

“Glad you like it” I told her, “let's sit down while dinner is finished’ Alice suggested. We sat and joked for a bit, Bella was going to tell a joke when mom cleared her throat and interrupted us.

“Hello” she just said, Alice stood up Bella did the same, “hi Mrs. Masen, nice to meet you I’m Isabella Swan, but I prefer Bella. Your house is lovely and Alice and Edward are great friends.” Bella said.

“Nice to meet you, dinner is ready to be served” mom said.

A POV

Mom gave Bella a glare and turned to leave, I motioned Bella so she could follow us. Why did mom agreed to this dinner if she was going to be like this? I know mom very well and she has something up her sleeve, I hope that she doesn’t do anything to hurt Bella; Edward’s interested in her and I’m not going to let mom ruin this for him, my brother deserves love too.

Mom took her seat at the head of the table where dad used to sit, Edward sat at mom’s old seat and I sat at my usual place while Bella occupied Edward’s old seat. Mom served the salad, Edward decided to start the conversation, mom paid attention to him I pitched in to help Bella as the main course was being served. That’s when mom started the interrogatory…

“So Bella, tell me more about yourself…” she started.

“well I lived here in Florida since I was seven, my mom and dad had divorced a year prior we traveled for a year and then we came to live here…” she told mom all that, then she asked Bella about her major, Bella answered every question, but I could feel the tension.

Then mom served dessert and asked Bella about her parent’s job, I could see that she was very uncomfortable, Edward was noticing it because his head was slightly down, his posture stiff, his face expressionless. Bella looked at me and Edward with confusion, I told her to go on.

“well Phil is an ex baseball player, now he is a coach on a private school, mom works on a exportation company, she’s the head of the marketing dept, and dad is a police chief on Washington state” Bella replied. Mom nodded and dropped her fork, I knew that she wasn’t done and the worse of Esme Masen came now.

B POV

This felt like an interrogatory, I could see that Alice and Edward were tense, and Edward barely looked at me after his mom started her questions, Esme looked directly at me.

“So, what are your intentions with my children?” she asked me, “Okay Mrs. Masen, I’m a classmate of Edward and a friend of Alice. All my intentions are good; I mean no harm or double standards here. I don’t know why you’re attacking me like this” Bella said raising her voice a little.

“First of all, this is my house and no one raises their voice here besides me!” mom said,

“Mom, please” Edward said. “No Edward!” she said, “I won’t stop until she tell us what she wants with us! She is a threat to us!” mom screamed.

I had to do something; this was getting out of control.

“Mom, stop this nonsense, I don’t know why you’re doing this but it has to stop. Bella is just our friend, she cares about us more than you do!” Alice said. Everyone was silent.

Esme couldn’t hold her tongue any longer, she made her final thoughts about me known, “leave, you’re a gold digger and I don’t want you near my family!” she told me sharply.

Edward turned his head to me, his face was rigid and his cheeks were tear stained, when his spoke his voice almost cracked, “I’m so sorry Bella, I didn’t bring you here for this…” Edward told me. “Edward don’t worry is not your fault that your mom is a cynical and cold hearted woman” I said dropping my napkin and leaving.

No one has ever humiliated me like this…

E POV

Mom had ruined it, she had insulted Bella and thrown her out, I couldn’t believe it! I stood up as soon as the front door was closed, “thanks a lot mom! You just humiliated my only friend! Are you happy now?” I said mom huffed.

“Yeah mom, you were awesome” Alice said her voice laced with venom.

“Edward Anthony and Mary Alice, you need to understand that I’m the caretaker of this family, and that everything that I do, is for our wellbeing” she argued.

She then spoke directly to me,

“You seem interested in Bella, are you Edward?” mom asked. Before I could answer, Alice interrupted “and what if he is mother? He has the right to be interested in whoever he wants!”

“Oh and by the way, Jasper is my boyfriend” she added and left. “I’ll be in the den if you want me brother” she said then left, the tension in the room could be cut with a knife.

“Answer my question Edward” mom insisted. “It doesn’t matter anymore! She left and probably won’t speak to me again thanks to you; but yeah, I was interested in her! But now is ruined because you didn’t even gave me the chance to get to know her better, thanks a lot mom!”

“When are you going to stop ruining my life?”

Hello My Angel!

That was a Perfect chapter! Now we can truly see the cold heartedness Esme has towards anyone who she feels is trying to invade her private territory.  Esme has shown the over protectiveness a parent can have when they are in control of everything when they have suffered a severe loss in their life. It takes time for anyone to let go of their insecurities or the well being of their children.

I do think however she was out of line in the way she conducted herself towards Bella. I do give Bella the credit of standing up against her and letting her know how she truly felt about Alice and Edward. Also she assured Edward it wasn't his fault for his Mother's lack of discipline.

Now what would happen between Bella, Edward, and Alice's friendship? Could this dinner have destroyed the chance of Bella getting close to Edward? Could Bella truly stay angry at her friends for the humiliation she suffered at dinner even though Alice already had warned her about her Mom's strictness? Now what would Esme do next now that she knows Jasper is Alice boyfriend? Will she try to ruin her relationship as well?

I can't wait for the next chapter to be posted.... Keep up the good work my Angel! Please be gentle with Edward's heart? He has already suffered enough and he can't truly afford to be alone due to his Mother's arrogance.

Hugs and Love from Your Bear.... I will text you tonight to talk more about the next chapters yet to come... Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

PS: I can't wait for Esme to get what she deserves soon...... meaning in showing respect towards her children's lives.

it was a great chapter....love how Bella took a stand for herself. love it!!

Oh god!

What a disaster!

I just hope that this doesn't affect the way Bella thinks about Edward and Alice, I mean she already knows how they are and I were her, I would be completely amazed that they are such great people with a mother like that.

Esme definitely didn't learn to cope with her husbands death and as they explained that the house stayed the same since the accident means she hasn't moved on at all. That perfect explains ehr behavoir but still even thought it serves as an explanation it wouldn't have killed her to try to act nicer.

She's defintely all against her children growing up, as the way she expresses about Edward as her 'baby boy', she need s to understand they're grown ups now, to understand thay don't need her that much anymore, Hello, they stopped using diapers a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago!

I hope she doesn't ruin Alice, Edward and Bella's friendship, Alice's relationship with Jasper neither killing the chance of Ed and Bella becoming more than friends.

P.S. I loved it!!! More soon please!!

I've read all of the chapters soo far and the story is amazing I love it, and the way you added all the character into the story one way or another is increadable. I loce it and cant wait to read more
i just updated! the new chapter is 2 replies below!! thanks for reading and enjoy!
Oh Wow.  Loved this chapter.  Protective, overbearing Esme at her best.  So glad that you have continued your story.  Have been following your story since chapter 1 and have been following and enjoying it since.  Missed you for that period when chapters were posted but glad that you are back..  keep it up...cannot wait to see how the rest of the story goes.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service