The Twilight Saga

The blind side of love 

A Twilight Fanfiction

By: Zaicha The Vampire Goddess

You don’t have to see the one you love to know that it's the one.

I'm Edward Mason and this is my love story:

Who said that you have to see the one you love to that she’s the one? I can’t say that exactly because I’ve been blind since I was 10 years old. Ever since then I’ve been living in the dark, but as the years passed I had learned to cope with my incapacity. Is been hard and sometimes I thought that it was unfair but who said that life is fair?

I’m almost 18 years old my twin sister Alice is my best friend; we are both on our way to college. She had dedicated every minute of her life to take care of me. She’s the best friend or sister that anyone could ask for and I love her a lot. Sometimes I wished that she had a boyfriend; she has a few friends but I know that she hasn’t gone on a date in a long time, she had cared too much for me.

My mother, what can I say about my dear mother Esme, she has also dedicated her life to take care of me and Alice. She’s been a widow since my father died in the car accident in wich I lost my vision. It was caused by a drunk driver; my father died instantly. Since then I had to learn to live without eyes; I had learned to see with my other senses. It wasn’t easy but that was the way I have to live.

I refuge myself in music, I relearned to play the piano and a few years ago I started composing music. Next fall Alice and I will be entering college, mom didn’t want me to enroll but I convinced her. She’s a bit overprotective but I love her anyway.

I have to say that I’ve never fell in love. Let’s face it, who will want a boyfriend who can’t see? Alice says that we will find love together, I laugh every time she says that. Maybe for her but for me…

You don’t know how wrong I was, very, very, very wrong…

Characters:

Edward

Bella

Alice

Jasper

Esme

Rosalie & Emmett 

Dr. Carlisle Cullen

Mike (Edward's Guide dog)

Emilia, Ethan and Lillian

Views: 4092

Replies to This Discussion

great story

Zaicha

This is the new chapter...Enjoy and Happy new year! 

Chapter 13

New Years Eve celebration:

EPOV

“Mom, can I speak with you for a moment?” I asked. “Sure sweetie” she told me.

“Okay then, Renée Dwyer is having a New Years Eve party and invited me and Alice, is kind of a family thing, which means that jasper’s family is going to be there too. I’m going to ask Renée if I can invite uncle Eleazar and Aunt Carmen” I said.

“Okay and what does this has to do with me?” mom asked, “Renée invited you too, she wants to meet you. Bella’s dad is going to be there also, we thought it was going to be a good idea to spend it together as a family…” I said.

“What? You want us to get together and bond as a family! Edward are you out of your mind? I don’t know any of them; I certainly don’t recognize any of them as family. You should have asked me first before planning all this” mom said her tone cold.

She didn’t understand at all, “mom jasper’s family lives a few doors down from Bella, and they have been friends since elementary school. I haven’t met them yet but Alice tells me that they’re really nice, they all know each other, but they don’t know you mom. I just wanted to have a nice time; I wanted to experience something different this year…” I told her.

EsmePOV

Why was it so hard for me to accept Bella? I could see that this was hurting Edward. I just couldnt wrap my head around the idea that he might fall hard for her, and decides to leave me. Alice is okay she doesn’t need me like Edward does, what if Bella can’t tend to his needs? What if she does something wrong…? All these thoughts are always on my mind.

Why don’t I concede Edward this sudden desire? The saying says keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. That’s what I should do, I mean is just a few hours…I couldn’t be that bad, right?

“Okay Edward, I’ll attend” I said.

BPOV

Since Alice and Edward were going to come to my mom’s party, Alice and I decided to go shopping for our dresses. Mom came along, Alice had to get Edward a new suit, even though the party was at my house it was a formal attire we went to get Edward’s things first since Alice already knew what he wanted, so that didn’t took long.

We went to a dress store then, Alice had an avalanche of dresses on her hands for both mom and me, and since she couldn’t fit more into her grasp she gave me some. We went to the dressing rooms, and after five dresses for me I found the one, it was simple but very elegant. Mom found a black dress that suit her perfectly, and Alice had a one shoulder light pink dress, it was so her. Then we went to the shoe store and got the perfect ones, there Alice got Edward’s new shoes too. Then we passed by the jewelry store and bought some jewelry, and then we had some lunch at the mall food court.

Since Alice was with us mom decided to go buy the decorations for the party, at her party friend store Party City, we were undecided on with of the new year’s  theme decorations pick out, Alice helped us and we ended up choosing the black, silver, and gold theme. We got trays for the appetizers, small plates, cups, dinner plates, cutlery, napkins, three table cloths, and one table runner for the dinner table. Mom found plastic champagne flutes glasses and bought them, she told us that we were going to toast with Welch’s sparkling cider since we were off age. We got the decorations for the walls, hanging decorations; mom made an order of helium balloons and also ordered number balloons spelling 2011 on the same color palette. Mom spotted a box of New Year’s favors for a party of 24 and placed it in the cart.

We checkout and loaded the car, mom said that it was okay to invite Alice and Edward aunt and uncle with their daughters. I was going to meet the rest and last part of Edward’s family, I was a little nervous but Alice reassured me that her uncle’s were nothing like her mom, that made me relax.

She also told me that I was going to have to share Edward with their little cousin Eliza, okay I think I can manage share my boyfriend with an eight year old…

APOV

Everything was ready for the party, mom, Edward, and I were on our way to Bella’s house, as every year James has the day off so mom drove her car.

We arrived and walked to the door, I knocked and a few seconds later Charlie opened the door. “Hello Alice, Edward” he told us, “good evening Charlie, um this is our mother Esme Masen, mom this is Charlie Swan Bella’s dad” I said.

“Nice to meet you, ma’am” he said we went inside and the house looked nice, some of the furniture has been removed to make the back living room look bigger. The French doors that led to the terrace and back patio were opened and both areas were decorated. The dinner table has been moved to the roofed area of the patio and the table was set, I saw that Renée had brought more chairs, she had told me that the dining table had originally brought three extensions so I guess that she had brought out all the extensions and chairs the table had belonged to Phil’s grandmother it was an antique. The patio had tiki torches and a tent near the French doors, Renée preferred to have the refreshments inside the tent has been decorated too and had chairs and Bella’s swing on one of the exits everything looked amazing. The doorbell rang Renée went to open the door, it was jaspers family, Renée told them to come back here.

“Hello Alice” Maria Jasper’s mom said “hi Maria, this is my older twin brother Edward, and my mother Esme Masen” I introduced jasper’s family knew about Edward, Maria shook his hand and then went to greet mom.

“Edward, Esme, this is my husband, Michael Whitlock, my older daughter Charlotte, her husband peter, and my two year old granddaughter Nettie” Maria said to mom and Edward. they both greeted them, then Bella joined us and I gasped, she was beautiful the dress looked great on her, I took a picture; then she walked to us she greeted everyone.

EPOV

Bella had joined us outside, I could smell her perfume, Alice told me that she looked beautiful, I really wished I could see her… she came to me, took my hand and kissed me quickly it wasn’t a mind blowing kiss, it was just a peck on the lips. Renee served some drinks and passed them around, Bella and I went to sit with jasper’s sister while her husband talked with Charlie, he was a cop here in Florida, Bella had asked charlotte if she could carry Nettie, since Bella wasn’t here when she got married and had the baby.

We chatted about college for a bit and charlotte told us some stories about her daughter, Alice had told me that Nettie was adorable. The doorbell rang again; I guessed that it was uncle Eleazar and Carmen with the girls since they were the ones we were waiting for. I wondered if this family meeting was too soon, I mean Bella and I have been dating for a month, but this was her idea…maybe she saw a future with me. I already knew that I loved her, in this short time with her she has become my everything I know that I can’t live without her.

I want her in my life forever if she takes me, she she is my all.

Phil was the one who opened the door, because he was the one who led them back here. We all stood up and went to greet them since charlotte and Nettie had to be introduced as well as Bella, she linked her hand in mine, “hi there Edward, how are you?” Carmen asked me. “I’m great, how was the drive?” I asked “it was good son…” Eleazar said. I knew that they had seen a picture of Bella but I had to introduce them formally.

“Aunt Carmen, uncle Eleazar this is Isabella Swan my girlfriend” I said.

“Please call me Bella”

“Nice to meet you Bella” both my uncles said, “were the girls?” I asked “I’ll go get them” Eleazar said and left. “So Bella, I hear that you’re majoring in education, nice work branch, very demanding” Carmen said.

“Yeah I know, I love teaching, and English literature is my passion” Bella responded. “Very nice” Carmen said.

Uncle Eleazar then returned with the girls, “Bella these are our daughters, Kate, Irina, and the youngest Eliza” Eleazar said. “Girls this is my girlfriend Bella” I told them.

“She is your what!” Eliza said

Uh oh here comes trouble

her sisters laughed, I kneeled in front of her. “She is my girlfriend” I repeated, “You don’t like me anymore, is she your favorite now?” Eliza said I chuckled “no Eliza, you’re still my best cousin, I still like you sweetie. You don’t have to be jealous, Bella is really nice and she likes to play with little girls like you.” I said “okay” Eliza said and kissed my cheek, “okay Bella, you can be Edward’s girlfriend, but be nice” she told Bella.

We all laughed

Renée then announced that dinner was going to be served, “great cuz I’m famished” Eliza said, those who heard her laughed.

We all went to were the outdoor dining area was settled and grabbed a seat, Eliza refused to seat beside Irina instead she sat at my left, while Bella took the seat on my right. The courses were served and conversation flowed, we were all just bonding and getting to know each other better, mom didn’t commented much I hoped that she was having a good time, I had neglected her.

After dinner we all scattered and the music that was just a background sound was louder now. Bella and I were seating at her swing she was holding my hand while she rocked us softly.

“Eliza is something else” Bella said with a laugh. “Yeah she is, she’s jealous of you” I told her, “Yeah, I think she has a crush on you” Bella said.

After that she kissed me, it was a mind blowing kiss; we broke apart after a minute. “I’m going to the bathroom, be right back” Bella told me, “okay I’ll be here” I told her. A few seconds after Bella left, mom approached to where I was, “care to dance with your mother?” she asked me; “of course mother you don’t need to ask” I said and took her hand we found a spot and started dancing.

“Are you enjoying yourself mom?” I asked her. She was silent for a moment, “yeah its okay, Maria and Michael are nice” she told me. “What about Bella’s parents?” I asked, “They’re okay, but I find it very disturbing that Renée married a man younger than her. and that they get along, is so bizarre” she said, I sighed even though she agreed to be here tonight she’s just being herself, I hope that she hasn’t said anything bad to anyone.

“Mom, why don’t you like Bella?” I asked her, “There’s something in her that I still don’t get… She doesn’t convince me.” mom replied I just sighed and let it go; it was the last night of the year I wanted to enjoy it.

Mom and I danced two more songs, then she retired to the bathroom, Alice then joined me she gave me a drink and I danced with her a song, after she took a picture, then Eliza demanded to dance with me so I complied. She requested a Hannah Montana song, we danced and she took a picture of us on her own camera, I kissed her cheek and she went to Aunt Carmen.

I had to go to the bathroom so I unfolded my cane and went my way, I did my duty in the bathroom and went out I was rounding the corner when someone grabbed my arm.

“Hi there gorgeous” I exhaled the breath I was holding, it was Bella. “you scared me, I was in the bathroom” I told her, “sorry” she apologized, Bella was very close to me her scent was all around me, I searched her lips, leaned in and pressed my lips to hers, it was a sweet kiss, Bella’s lips molded to mine she pulled me closer to her.

I wrapped my arms around her, he body fitted perfectly with mine, her arms and shoulders were sprinkled with goose bumps; I didn’t want to let go of this feeling. Having Bella so close to me, somewhere inside me something stirred and invaded my senses, I lost reality for a moment and all I felt around me was Bella.

We broke apart, we were both panting heavily, and we had never kissed so intensely before. It was sort of magical, “wow Edward that was”

“Amazing” I finished her sentence.

Bella gave me one more peck on the lips and took my hand, “let's dance” she told me “whatever you say my lady” I told her. Bella took my hands and we danced for the rest of the night, we lost notion of time.

Bella had her head rested on my shoulder; we swirled around the soft music, and not talking just enjoying the closeness of the other, right after the song ended Alice came rushing to us.

“It’s time” she said exited, Bella and followed behind her laughing at her antics. When we got were everyone was gathered Renée handed us flutes filled with a non alcoholic cider, “okay everyone lets toast here’s to a new year full of blessings, family, friendship, and most important, love. Cheers” Renée said

“Cheers” we all stated

And the countdown started, “ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one HAPPY NEW YEAR!” we all exclaimed.

Hugs and kissed were received from everyone, Bella and I had our first New Year kiss. I hope that it wasn’t the last and that we had more new years to come, I wanted forever with Bella. Fireworks erupted from the patio, “Phil bought them, they’re legal fireworks he does this every year, and it’s very cool.” Bella explained

She cuddled closer to me and enjoyed the fireworks, when they were over; I leaned in and kissed her Bella kissed me back it was a sweet almost loving kiss.

I needed to tell her, I couldn’t wait anymore here goes to nothing, “Bella” I whispered “yes” she replied,

“I love you”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the link for Alice's and Bella's dresses: 

http://www.polyvore.com/bella_alice_new_years_party/set?id=32889407

Loved the chapter.  Great party!  Just a pity Esme can't seem to let go of her little boy.  Edward and Bella are so great together!  I also like the way you bring in other characters from the series in a human context.  Can't wait for the next chapter!

ooooooooh myyyy gooooodneess!!!!!!!!!!! It sooo coool lovely!!!! Beautifull love it every sentence it was awesome... The kiss was beatifull y the I Love You is amasing!!!!

Great Chapter!

I'm so glad they're happy :D

I....LOVE....IT!!! Thanks for all the chapters. They're great!! You really have a gift. Can't wait for the next chapters!!!!! :-)

OMG WHY IS THE DOG'S NAME MIKE????

It's obvious that in the Twilight book its mentioned that Mike is a golden retriever and Bella imagined him with a wagging tail

And that line, was the inspiration for the name LOL, sorry if it offended you though...

i just started reading your story today and couldn't stop until i read all that you have written so far.  I love this story, please continue and keep me updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there everyone! 

Enjoy ;-)

Chapter 14

I love you

BPOV

Edward had just pronounced those three words, the most three important words in the world, I couldn’t believe it. Was I ready to say them back? Yes I am, I’ve been waiting to say them for a while, but I was afraid that it was too soon…I mean it’s still too soon but he had said them first, that means he felt the same way.

I’ve told myself that I wasn’t going to tell anyone those words unless I was a 100% sure that I meant them, and not if I wasn’t sure that he was the one. Edward is the one, I could feel it, since I met him I can’t be away from him, Edward is everything to me.

He was still waiting for an answer.

I took a deep breath and entwined our hands, “I love you too Edward. I couldn’t wait to tell you” I replied to him, he visibly relaxed and smiled.

“Why didn’t you tell me Bella?” Edward asked me, “I was afraid that you would think that it was too soon…” I said as he chuckled, “what?” I asked amused “I thought you would think the same thing” he responded.

Edward raised my hand to his face and kissed my knuckles, my skin tingled I leaned in and kissed him; it was a sweet loving kiss, I expressed what I felt trough it.

Alice interrupted us, “Edward sorry to interrupt but Aunt Carmen and uncle Eleazar are leaving, and Eliza fell asleep.” Alice told us, Edward nodded and we followed Alice back into my house; they were already almost at the door, they had already said goodbye to everyone else “thank you so much for inviting us, we had a great time.” Carmen said, “It was nice to meet you Bella”

“Yeah, nice too meet you too” I replied. They said their farewells to Edward and left, Esme decided to leave too “okay, I guess we should get going too…” she said.

Edward sighed and nodded, Alice went to get her clutch and say goodbye to Jasper, when she returned, I opened the door for them and Esme and Alice got out first. Esme tossed a goodnight at me and went to look for the car, Alice said goodbye and thanks with a hug to me, and last Edward “thanks for inviting me Bella, another great night to add to my list” he said with a smile.

“My pleasure” I replied

Esme honked the horn in exasperation, “goodnight Edward, I love you” I said kissing him.

“I love you too Bella” Edward said

He turned around and left, I closed the door behind him.

He said it, he had finally said it, and the best thing is that I felt the same way.

Edward loved me…

EPOV

Bella loved me, I couldn’t believe it. I thought that she was going to say that it was too soon but she didn’t. Instead she surprised me by saying the words back, I was so happy another perfect night for my list…not that I was really counting or keeping a list.

Two days later, I was with Alice at the library while mom went to the grocery store, I took the rare moment and told her about the night of the 31st “so Bella and I declared ourselves” I started, “what you mean?” Alice asked.

“right after saying happy new year I told her that I loved her” I said, I heard my sister gasp, “what did she say!” Alice said exited, “I thought she was going to say it was too soon, but she actually said that she loved me too” I stated.

“Oh my god, Edward, that’s great! I’m happy for you two” she said and hugged me. She told me about the day when she and jasper had said the words themselves, and then we chatted about Aunt Carmen and uncle Eleazar’s acceptance of Bella and jasper, and also about Eliza being jealous of Bella, we again laughed at the memory.

College started a few days later, Bella and I didn’t have a class together but we both had a free period at the same time. Her classes now started at 10:00am, so she worked from 7:00am to 9:55am at the library; and then she would go back from 4:30pm to 7:00pm.

Our second month anniversary came by and we went out to dinner again, this time we went to a Chinese rest, the same one jasper took Alice on their first date.

The food was amazing, Bella then drove us to get some ice cream, and then we went out and ate them at her car, while we listened to some music.

“Edward” Bella said we were on campus seating under a tree her head was on my lap, I was reading Evermore, by: Alyson Noel to her while she fed us gummy sour worms.

“Yes love” I said, “do you remember stuff, I mean from before you had the accident?” she asked me.

“Yes, I do remember some stuff” I replied, “What do you want to know?” I asked her.

“Do you remember colors and shapes…? I don’t know stuff like that…” she said

I chuckled, “yes love I remember, I have all those images engraved to my brain, what’s unknown for me are the things from the past eight years, like Alice, the memory I have from her is from when she was ten, I know she cut her hair but I don’t know what other changes she has, and of course I remember how I looked like but I bet that if I saw myself in a mirror now I wouldn’t recognize me.” I told her, she sighed.

“Did you accepted it?” she asked me, “what, the fact that I wasn’t going to be able to see again? No I didn’t, I hated it, I turned bitter for the first two years, that’s how long it took me to rehabilitate, I was in a nursing home for blind children, I refuge in myself, I didn’t want anyone’s pity. That’s why I was so scared when I met you Bella, I feared you were going to reject me” I explained.

Bella sat up and cupped my face, “Edward I love you for who you are, not because of how you look, even though you’re very handsome, that’s not important for me. The Edward I love is the one who lives in here” she said both hands above my heart.

“And nothing is going to change that Edward, the fact that you’re blind doesn’t matter to me, you could have one eye and webbed feet and I’ll love you anyway” Bella told me with a kiss.

This woman was amazing, when did I get so lucky? Then I realized that maybe dad was looking over me…or this was god’s response to my prayers when I felt alone, yeah that was it, he had sent me Bella.

I gave silent thanks to him, and also thanked him for being alive.

“I love you” I told her, “I love you too” Bella replied as she leaned in again and kissed me. She pressed her body to mine, she was so lean and warm, I didn’t want to let go, I wanted her in my arms forever.

January passed by and February made its entrance, I was on my way to my semi-annual optometrist revision appointment, mom Alice, and Bella were coming with me. Bella actually was meeting us there since mom still didn’t like her.

I didn’t know that from this doctor’s appointment, my family was going to acquire a new member…

Beautiful!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service