The Twilight Saga

The blind side of love 

A Twilight Fanfiction

By: Zaicha The Vampire Goddess

You don’t have to see the one you love to know that it's the one.

I'm Edward Mason and this is my love story:

Who said that you have to see the one you love to that she’s the one? I can’t say that exactly because I’ve been blind since I was 10 years old. Ever since then I’ve been living in the dark, but as the years passed I had learned to cope with my incapacity. Is been hard and sometimes I thought that it was unfair but who said that life is fair?

I’m almost 18 years old my twin sister Alice is my best friend; we are both on our way to college. She had dedicated every minute of her life to take care of me. She’s the best friend or sister that anyone could ask for and I love her a lot. Sometimes I wished that she had a boyfriend; she has a few friends but I know that she hasn’t gone on a date in a long time, she had cared too much for me.

My mother, what can I say about my dear mother Esme, she has also dedicated her life to take care of me and Alice. She’s been a widow since my father died in the car accident in wich I lost my vision. It was caused by a drunk driver; my father died instantly. Since then I had to learn to live without eyes; I had learned to see with my other senses. It wasn’t easy but that was the way I have to live.

I refuge myself in music, I relearned to play the piano and a few years ago I started composing music. Next fall Alice and I will be entering college, mom didn’t want me to enroll but I convinced her. She’s a bit overprotective but I love her anyway.

I have to say that I’ve never fell in love. Let’s face it, who will want a boyfriend who can’t see? Alice says that we will find love together, I laugh every time she says that. Maybe for her but for me…

You don’t know how wrong I was, very, very, very wrong…

Characters:

Edward

Bella

Alice

Jasper

Esme

Rosalie & Emmett 

Dr. Carlisle Cullen

Mike (Edward's Guide dog)

Emilia, Ethan and Lillian

Views: 4100

Replies to This Discussion

awesome.........can't wait for the next!! keep it going...!!
love it it so cute and romatic.
great.....awesome.i love it!!
can't wait to read more!!
nnoooo write more:(
Hi Zaicha! I love this story very much and I know you are in the middle of writing the next chapter. So please update soon since the suspense is actually killing me. I love the way you describe the story when I speak with you over the phone but I truly would like to read it once you have completed the chapter. Please update this story soon since you know this is another favorite of mine ever since you quoted the idea in my head three months ago. I will speak with you over the weekend please post soon..... Smiles my daughter and Angel!! Have an awesome weekend and keep up the good work with your thoughts.
Sooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy 4 the wait!!! here is another chapter!!! enjoy.

Chapter 5
The project:

*E POV

“Um…can we go to the cafeteria first? I’m thirsty” she said I nodded “sure” I responded and started walking the other way Mike was between us. We arrived to the cafeteria and Isabella ordered an orange juice I asked for a soda. We sat and started talking again “so Isabella what are you majoring in?” I asked.

“Bella” she said “what?” I asked confused “is Bella, I mean my name is Bella” she repeated “Bella? I thought your name was Isabella?” I asked surprised “yeah, it is Isabella, but I prefer Bella” she explained I smiled and nodded “why?” I asked “why what?” She said.

“Why do you prefer Bella?” because Isabella is a beautiful name…royal almost” I chuckled.

“Well, if of old royal names, we are talking about…Edward is an old, old name” she said back and then she laughed…that laugh…I’ve heard it before, but where?

After a moment of though I recalled where:

‘I was turning a corner when I stumbled into something…

I Realized after a few seconds that I had collided with another person; “Is okay, is my fault. I didn’t see you” a sweet voice said.

“Be careful… I mean, watch where you’re going.” I said smiling not sure if she was watching or not.

“Thanks I will” she said and passed beside me. A soft but sweet scent was left behind her, maybe it was her perfume…’

I remembered “Oh my God” I exclaimed “what?” Bella said “I can’t believe it” I said again in surprise “Bella we met already” I said. There was silence; I bet that she looked confused.

“We met already?” she asked in a deep in thought voice.

“Yes when we almost…um…tripped?” I recalled hoping that she remembered “Bella?” I said “wow, life’s a handkerchief” she replied and laughed again.

“I didn’t recognize you” she giggled “I didn’t recognize you either” I smiled back.

Then I remembered I forgot to tell James that I was going to be here, he’ll probably be panicking. “Bella, can you give me a minute?” I asked “yeah, sure” she said I speed dialed him.

“Yes Mr. Masen where are you? Are you okay?” he asked in relief “um… I’m staying here until four because I have a pair project to do, can you wait?” I said.

“Of course Edward” he said “okay then, thanks and sorry” I apologized “no problem be careful” he said then hanged up. I moved my head to address Bella, “that was James my driver, I forgot that he was waiting for me to take me home” I explained “oh okay” Bella said.

There was a little bit of silence. “So where do you want to go to start our hamlet project?” I asked “well, I don’t have any free periods tomorrow and I have to work at 2:30, I come out at five…maybe after that? What do you think?” she asked me “okay but where could we go? The library, your place, or mine…” I suggested.

“I think that we should start on the library.” She said fast “the library then at 5:00pm” I stated.

Bella was silent for a few moments after that. “Edward?” Bella asked “why do you think that Prof. Hale paired us?” she asked I frowned “she said that because our essays where the best” I responded with a smile “why?” I asked, I mean there has to be a reason for her to doubt. “I thought that I could have done a better work actually” Bella said.

“Okay then I surrender” I said “so Bella, how old are you?” I asked to change the subject “I’m turning 19 on the 13th” she responded I raised a brow “you’re a year older than me? I just turned 18” I said…

Bella and I discussed the basic questions to get to know each other. Although we didn’t go too deep on the family subject and by some miracle Bella didn’t notice that mi blind and I thanked all Gods for that.

“Wow! Time flies” Bella said all the sudden “really? What time is it?” I asked is already “4:00pm” she responded “wow indeed” I said surprised “I have to go” she said “yeah me too” I replied, I heard as she stood up; I followed.

“Well Edward, it was nice to meet you. I have a feeling that we are going to do a great job, and maybe friends” she stated “yeah, I hope so too Bella” I said my hand stretched, she took it.

“Bye” she said.

“Bye Bella.”

I heard as she walked away.

She didn’t notice yes! I called Alice. “Hello Edward” she said, “where are you?” I asked “walking to the entrance…why? You’re not home? She asked worried “no, I’m at the cafeteria” I stated “why?” she asked “pair project meeting” I replied “oh…okay? Meet you at the entrance then” she said and hanged up.

* The next day

B POV

Okay yesterday was weird, that’s an understatement. Just when I thought that I would never see the guy I stumbled in again, I find out that he’s on my English lit Class and now he’s my partner. I’m so stupid sometimes, I mean why didn’t I ask him about why he brought a dog to school, and why did Mrs. Hale said that he was special? He seemed normal to me, I didn’t notice anything wrong; his clothes where designer made, his sunglasses too. He had a driver dang! Let’s face it the guy is rich.

But another weird thing was that he didn’t seem to be a jerk like some of the guys I’ve seen here. He paid attention to everything I said and gave great answers, and also I found out that we liked the same things.
I had a feeling that Edward and I would get along, it would be nice to have a friend…

“Bella, Bella are you done?” mom asked form the hallway “yes mom I’ll be right out” I said getting up from the table, dumping my plate on the sink, and then went out.

“Bells what are you doing for you birthday?” mom asked right, my birthday I haven’t thought about that. “Um mom I haven’t given much thought to it” I replied lamely. “we can do something…only of you want of course” mom said I laughed “mom I know that you’re dying to do something, I haven’t been here on 4 years so yeah maybe we can do something.” I said

We were on a light stop, mom searched on her phones calendar…

“Oh Bella, your birthday is on a Monday” mom stated “is a school day” I added mom nodded she thought for a while. “Maybe we can do something on Sunday…and a small dinner and cake on Monday night” mom suggested “yeah! That could work” I agreed. I got out in school. Mom waved goodbye.

I’ve been in college for almost two weeks and I haven’t seen any of my old classmates, that was rare; I didn’t have anyone on my classes. I left Florida the summer before high school started, the day after mom and Phil got married and that was two days after my 8th grade graduation…

I went to my morning classes, I had to work today and then meet with Edward…

A POV

“Mom, Edward and I are coming home right before dinner…” I started “why?” mom asked sharp “because we both have projects to do, Edward has a meeting with his English literature partner and I have a design to finish.” I explained

Mom sighed deeply.

“Is this normal?” She asked “it seems so” I told her. She huffed “okay Alice, but be here for dinner” she pointed “okay mom, thanks love you” I said and kissed her cheek.

“Bye mom” Edward said mom kissed his cheek. “Be careful please” she added to him “ok” Edward replied.

We entered in the car, James drove away.

“James, come pick us up at 6:45pm” I said “okay Ms. Masen” he replied smiling. We arrived to college and got out. “Thanks James” Edward and I said.

“I can’t believe that mom gave us permission so easily.” I said “yeah that’s a first” Edward agreed with a snort.

“Well bro see you at lunch” I said “bye sis” he said

I went my way, he went his. I couldn’t believe that mom let us stay in school that easy…

E POV

I was on my way to the library to meet Isa…I mean Bella, as we had agreed. Last night I read the assigned Hamlet chapter again so I could be ready, I had part of my analysis on my mind; I couldn’t wait to hear Bella’s thoughts. As I entered the library, I heard my sister…

“Thank you Isabella” Alice said, “please call me Bella. Isabella was my grandmother” Bella answered, they both laughed. I don’t know why but every time I heard Bella laugh something inside me soared and I smiled.

“Hey Alice, before you go, um my birthday is on the 13th and I’m planning on having a small dinner at my house…I was wondering if you wanted to come…only if you can of course” I heard Bella say doubtfully.

“Oh! That’s wonderful, of course Bella… but I have…if is not too much trouble, I have to bring my brother Edward” Alice said. “Edward…Edward Masen is your brother?” Bella asked surprised.

“Yeah he is…you know him?” Alice asked “he’s my English partner” Bella responded. “Oh you’re his partner?” Alice asked “yes” Bella said “great” Alice mused.

“And yes Alice you can bring Edward” Bella stated, I followed their voices to the front desk.

“Hey” I said “hey Edward they both said “bro, Bella invited us to her birthday dinner on the 13th” Alice said I smiled. “It will be an honor to assist miss” I said with a smile at Bella’s direction.

“Okay so I expect you there…Alice, can you give me your email so I can give you the directions to my house?” Bella asked. “Yes sure, here” Alice said.

“Well Bella, Edward see you later” Alice said then she left.

“Let’s get to work?” I asked with a smile “yeah, is a ten page analysis” Bella pointed out.

She found a table, we sat and took our stuff out, I hid my Braille Hamlet copy with my computer; I wasn’t ready to tell her that I was blind yet.

We got to work immediately…

“You know, I never believed that hamlet was crazy…” Bella objected “I was all an act to revenge his father’s death” I stated “exactly” Bella agreed.

After that we discussed other points of view on the characters, we had about 4 pages done. “Okay so let’s call it a day” Bella said.

“We’ll meet again tomorrow?” I asked “yeah of course” she said. We gathered our stuff and went off the library walking side by side.

“Well bye Edward” Bella said “goodnight” I told her smiling, Bella sighed “bye” she said again “bye” I said. She then did something totally unexpected, she kissed my cheek; I froze as her lips made contact with my skin, it just lasted a second.

“Goodnight” Bella said, I heard as she walked away…

I was on a daze after that, I mean the only two women that have kissed my cheeks have been mom and Alice.
I felt a tingling sensation where she kissed me, an electric shock ran through my body with her touch. I didn’t notice when Alice helped me out of the car when we arrived home.

I’ve been dazzled by Isabella Swan…
I love it....such a sweet chapter. Can't wait for more.
Great story! Love it, but he she really tell her soon... Cause she might get mad or feel stupid if she finds out to late. 
 I ment he SHOULD really instead of SHE
omg!!!

haha....
loooooooooved the way that Bella was the one that dazzled Edward!!
update soon please!!
W.O.W I loved this chapter! I cant wait for the next chapter!
Loved it a lot. Its so sweet. Update soon

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service