The Twilight Saga

This story takes place after Breaking Dawn: It's called Sunrise Tide, and is my fanfiction.

Chapter One-Bella's POV
I stared out the window in the bedroom of our cottage. Peering far out into the forest, I spotted them, using their laughter as a map. They were running, her on his furry back, almost home. It was raining out, but not too breezy. I sighed. I watched as Jake shifted back to human, his hair and bare chest dripping wet. Nessie was close behind, a big smile on her face. Only five years after her birth, yet she looked and acted the equivalence of a girl around the age of thirteen or fourteen. Yet she was far too advanced in her knowledge to be so young.
“We’re home!”, Jacob shouted, shaking his head furiously in an attempt to dry it.
I wrinkled my nose and gave him a small grin.
“Ugh, wet dog”, I noted.
He gave a small laugh, and just as abruptly, his smile turned into a frown and he rolled his eyes.
“Gotta go”, he said.
Nessie placed her palm on his neck, her expression pleading.
“Don’t go”, she whispered.
“I have to, honey”, he whispered back, leaning in closer.
I huffed, and he quickly turned around, a sheepish look on his face.
“See ya, Nessie”, he called, dashing into the forest.
Renesmee waved back, standing in the doorway and watching even after he was clearly out of sight.
“Nessie”, I said softly.
She turned, her quick movements graceful, and slammed the door shut.
‘Where’s Daddy?”, she asked, shaking her wet curls out the same way Jacob did.
“He went into town to pick up a present for Grandpa”, I said, running a finger through my daughter’s beautiful bronze curls. She was wearing a pale green silk dress, and matching flats. “Is that a new outfit?”, I noted, trying to make conversation.
She nodded, a grin filling her face.
“Aunt Alice got it for me yesterday. It’s for Grandpa Charlie’s party later.”
I sighed. Of course, she had to put it on two hours early to impress Jacob.
The thought made me shudder, which is odd, if you’re a vampire, like me. We’re never cold.
Nessie noticed, her chocolate brown eyes hinted me. But I pretended not to see it.
Renesmee looked as unbelievably beautiful as the first time I had held her, as a baby, if not more, but expressed it in a less childlike form now. Seeing her in “adult clothing”, the silk wrapped around her perfect, extra slender frame in a stylish way, made me a little nervous. She was almost fully matured, not only mentally, but physically. And it was hard to be prepared for all the things that would come with that new age. I’d only had five years to prepare. And though I didn’t sleep nights, it still came as a shock to me when Jacob displayed little tidbits of affection for my daughter. It was so weird to remember my blurry human days, when Jacob had done those things for me.
Just then, Edward came through the door, fashioning a jacket so he wouldn’t look too out of place in the town. In his hands were a giant box, wrapped up in silver wrapping paper and topped with a bow.
He gave me my favorite smile, and I dashed toward him like two magnets attracting. We kissed quickly, the big box in the way. He placed it on the floor gently, and sweeped me into his arms, then the same for Nessie.
He eyed her clothing.
“Alice”, he said, giving a velvety chuckle.
“Do you like my dress?”, she asked him.
“Of course. It’s beautiful.”
“What’s in the box?”, she said.
“Your grandfather’s new HD TV”, he answered.
“He’s never going to leave that old couch of his now”, I joked.
“Good thing Carlisle and Esme got him a new one”, Edward noted, smiling.
I smiled back, shaking my head.
We decided to go out and hunt for an hour, and then head over to the Cullen’s house to set up for the party. Little did I know of Alice’s upcoming vision……

Tell me what you think of the first chapter!

www.sunrisetide.webs.com -Read, Comment, Updates!

Views: 4566

Replies to This Discussion

Again, FINALLY, another new chapter :)

This one is in Nessie's POV

Chapter 36-Renesmee's POV

His loud bark startled me from my unconscious thoughts.

I looked up at him quickly.

Jake nuzzled my shoulder with his nose. I followed his gaze to my half drained deer carcass.

Playfully rolling my eyes, I ran my fingers across his soft fur.

Go ahead

Eagerly, Jacob dug into my food as I sat upon the ground watching.

As soon as he had finished, he phased back to human, quickly slipping on the jeans and t-shirt tied to a rope around his ankle.

“My Nessie”, he beckoned, caressing my cheek softly with his fingertips.

I smiled.

He took me into him, wrapping his arms around me once more. He was silent for a while; I counted exactly two seconds before gazing up to him.

He looked back, and I stared back comfortably into his deep woodsy brown eyes.

“What is it that you love most about me?”, I asked.

“Your radiance”, he said softly, kissing me on the tip of my nose.

I smiled, watching his face, a half inch away from my own.

“Your sunshine-” Now his lips moved to mine, claiming their position and locking.

“-your passion, your beauty, your intelligence.” He kissed each of my cheeks gently, then slowly moved down to my chin.

I smiled, completely numb and utterly blissful.

“Your smile”, he murmured, on my neck now. My heart propelled to such an elevated amount of beats, I was almost certain it would break through my chest at any given moment.

Suddenly, a spark was lit, from somewhere deep inside of me, a place that I had not previously known existed. It was in the center of my body, in my soul, and it sent jolts of electricity surging through my veins. I wrapped an arm around Jacob’s neck and admired our beautifully contrasting skin colors. His was a light copper, the color of the tribe, while mine stood a fatal ivory, the symbol of my clan, of my family.

His eyes met mine once again and followed their gaze to our hands.

Everything, Renesmee. Everything.”

He smiled. It melted my heart.

It was quiet again. This time for two minutes and twenty-three seconds.

“Jaco-”

“You must be exhausted.”

I shrugged.

“Not really”, I lied.

In fact, I felt as if I’d collapse at any given moment, just drop to the floor without hesitation.

Involuntarily, my eyelids fluttered as I struggled to keep them open.

I was nestled in his arms two seconds later.

“-on my bed.”

“Sure thing, Jake. Hey, mind if I raid your fridge?”

“Keep off my Doritos and you’re safe.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it, dude.”
“Wait.”

I felt his lips on my forehead.

“Don’t doubt me, bro. I’ll keep her safe”, Seth said sincerely.

“Why’d you bring her here? There’s a whole house full of bloodsuckers waiting to protect her”, Paul said sharply.

There was a long silence. I guessed they were communicating through thought.

“Whatever, traitor”, Paul mumbled a minute later.

“Talk to me after you’ve found-”

“Jacob! Don’t bring it up!”, Emily said sternly.

Another quiet moment.

“You two talk it out. We’ve got to go”, Sam said.

I heard them leave the room. Seth set me down on Jacob’s bed.

“Look, I’m sorry Paul. I was stupid to bring it up.”

“Yeah, you were.”

They both sighed, and then were quiet for a while.

“Look, Jake. I gotta hand it to you. You know what you want, and… you go after it. I…I’m just…”

“Jealous of me and my awesome skills?”, Jacob joked.

They laughed a sad, heavy sort of laugh. As if something was wrong.

“Y’know? You two look good together. Like you belong,” Paul said, as if he had been contemplating the thought in his head for a while.

“We do belong. She’s my Nessie”, he whispered.

And suddenly, I heard a whimper, a long, low wail.

“Jake, what’s wrong? Get it together, Jake. Jake!”

My eyes sprung open and unthinkingly, I rushed to the sound.

His eyes were closed, hands clenched in tight fists.

Paul looked at me with a fear in his eyes.

“Jake, look at me”, I pleaded, watching in horror as his eyes opened, and started to roll back in his head.

I smelled something, something very sweet.

Then I knew what was happening, without bothering to turn towards the scent.

“Please, leave him alone, Jane!” I screamed, tears escaping my eyelids.

I finally turned to face her, shock and anger clear on my face.

Her milky crimson eyes gleamed a sickly pinkish tint by the light of the moon’s silver rays, reflecting through the window of Jacob’s room.

At last, Jake’s moaning came to a stop, and he breathed heavily on the floor.

I threw myself on top of him as he shook.

Then, as if realizing what was happening, he abruptly stood up, bringing me with him.

“I don’t know what the hell you want, and why the hell you came here, but don’t you dare touch her!”, he roared, still breathing heavily.

Jane rolled her eyes, and slowly raised both hands above her head.

“Oh please, spare my life, giant dog”, she said sarcastically in her sickeningly sweet child-like voice.

I slipped myself smoothly through Jacob’s arms, and turned to face her.

“Why are you here, and what do you want?”

“I mean no harm, I have come to help. The others are outside already”, she explained.

Jake froze behind me.

“Then why’d you torture Jake?”, Paul asked.

She shrugged, an innocent baby-faced smile plastered to her face.

“I just desired to announce my arrival”, she said defensively.

“Well that was no way to-”

“Wait, Nessie. We need her help.” Jacob muttered, hardly able to admit it.

“Badly”, Seth added.

I looked around me, at Paul, Seth, and finally Jake’s face. They were all so tense, even Seth looked practically agonized.

And then I knew everything. It hit me so precisely, I almost didn’t know how to respond.

I counted again. Exactly three minutes of silence.

“It’s started”, I said inaudibly.

They all nodded, except for Jacob. He looked the most tormented of them all.

Loved it......... once again worth a wait Amazing Danielle
great chapter

you make me want more of this story!

great job!

Nice chapter .... Great :)

I like this chapter i can't wait to see what exactly the danger is that's coming
I Dont Get It "/
It Might Be Just Me, Or The Way It's Written :L
Good Work Though :)

If you've read the entired Twilight Saga and every chapter of Sunrise Tide from Chapter 1 it should make sense. Finding the chapters on here can get a little confusing though lol.

I like it. I went on your website though and it starts at chapter 36. Where is everything before that?
It's all in blog-post format on the website, so all you have to do is click on the Sunrise Tide link on the side and scroll all the way down-you should find everything
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. plz do not be shy to write more, that mustva took some guts though. OMG ur amazing. I'ms speechless. I'm numb from the utter awesomeness.
I love this story! It is so good and I am really looking forward to the next chapter. :o)

nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this the end??????? puh-leaseee tell me thus isn't the end.................. tell me you'll write more............. i loveee your story............ it's beautifully written and very exciting to read............. when's the next chapter coming???? please tell me you haven't stopped writing............

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service