The Twilight Saga

I've been working on this fan fiction for about a month I suppose and I've been posting it on Fan Fiction.Net. It's called The Twilight Saga - Solar Flare. It's basically the story of what would have happened if Jacob and Bella had kissed in New Moon without that phone call interrupting them. It's the story of what would happen if Jacob and Edward's roles were reversed. I've already got 3 chapters made and I'm working on chapter 4 now. I thought I might as well post them here as well.

The story begins right when they're about to kiss.

1. Promise

BELLA SWAN

"Bella," Jacob whispered.

I was frozen.

No! I hadn't made this decision yet. I didn't know if I could do this, and now I was out of time to think. But I would have been a fool if I thought rejecting him now would have no consequences.

Maybe it would feel nice. Maybe it wouldn't feel like a betrayal. True love was forever lost, so who was I betraying? Only myself.

Keeping his eyes on mine, Jacob began to bend his face toward me. The closer he got, the more unsure I became. Was I really going to do this? How badly would this end up? Would this end badly? He held my face still and closed his eyes as his lips met mine, my eyes shut as well, a little too tight.

As his mouth had discovered my passive resistance, he moved his right hand to the back of my head and his left gently around my waist, pulling me closer now. The closer I became, the more my lips would resist. I wasn't trying to pull away, but wouldn't respond back, I couldn't. Jacob could see this now, he started to rub the back of neck trying to get a response out of me; I just couldn't.

That's when Jacob stopped, his right hand slowly releasing my neck, his left unwrapping around my waist, and his lips fading away. I didn't need to look at Jacob to see the hurt, I could feel it, and his pain was my pain. Something in me broke free just then and I couldn't hold it back. My hands reacted before I could realize it, my left arm wrapping around his waist, my right hand grabbing the back of his head, pulling him closer to me now. Just as I could feel his pain, I could feel his joy now too. Jacob responded almost instantly; he wrapped his arms around me and began kissing me back, his warm lips gentle. I couldn't tell how long we were kissing, it felt like forever, and I didn't want it to stop.

That's when it hit me; I'd been wrong all this time, I'd been lying to myself. Jacob was more than just my friend, he was more than someone I could rely on to make me feel better. I knew I needed him more than I needed most people, but I had no idea just how much until now. I've never felt happier before, after being so abnormal for so long, it's like a breath of air after being underwater for hours. The hole in my chest is completely gone now, I didn't think it were possible, but Jacob cured everything. He is everything to me, I was in love with him. I'd loved him all this time, but I was too afraid to get it through my thick skull. I was too afraid of betrayal, too afraid of him. I wonder if I'll ever hear his voice again, not that it mattered anymore.

Suddenly I felt Jacob stiffen up, he jerked away from me and released his arms. I opened my eyes, ready to pull him back, but he was shaking again. The expression on his face was half angry and half horrified.

He jetted for the front door, grabbing the handle with a little too much force. I stumbled after him with my arm out in front of me.

"No!" I shouted. It was a reflex.

Jacob stopped then, releasing the handle. He looked at me distraught, still standing right next to the door. He took a quick glance at the door handle and back at me, like he was deciding something. I didn't want him to leave, now more than ever. Did he have to leave now? If he did leave, would I go with him? What about Alice?

Jacob turned his entire body in my direction. He slowly walked toward me, wrapped his one arm around my waist, and positioned himself in front of me, as if trying to protect me.

Protect me from what, was Victoria nearby? Did she get past Embry and Jared? Was she attracted her by Alice? That's when it hit me, Alice, of course. Alice came through the back door and walked gracefully into the kitchen, resting her arms onto the kitchen table. Jacob backed us away toward the sink, he was shaking again and his teeth were clenched. Alice's face did not look approving either.

"I see you two get along well," Alice judged, staring directly at Jacob.

I nodded gently, a little embarrassed. Jacob pulled me closer to him.

"Alice this is Jacob. Jacob, Alice," I said, blushing now.

Jacob stabbed me a disgusted look and growled. Alice rolled her eyes at me.

"Bella, I think it's time I left."

Jacob gave a brief sigh of relief, while still holding me tight.

"No!" I shouted. Jacob stabbed another look at me, a look of betrayal.

"Really though, Bella, I think it's time I left. If Edward finds out I'm here…" Alice explained, looking a bit nervous, "He can get really angry sometimes."

I flinched a little and Jacob growled again.

"Do you have to go now? Just a few more weeks, please?" I begged.

"I'm really sorry Bella, but it has to be tonight," She said, looking truly sorry.

"Tonight. Good," Jacob muttered under his breath. Alice seemed to hear that and glared at him again. She looked back at me, suddenly cheerful.

"How about we spend the entire day doing whatever you want together. We could drive around, catch a movie, go to the mall, I'll buy you whatever you want. We won't separate for a second," She said, smiling wide.

I nodded sadly. "Yeah, that sounds good."

"You don't look very happy."

"No, I am. Really."

Alice pouted. "It's the best I can do. All the clothes you want, on me."

Jacob's shaking began to increase, his teeth clenched, and his eyes shut tight. I embraced him, it was almost instinctual.

"Jake, please. Calm," I whispered.

"Right…calm," He whispered back, his body going stiff now with only his hands shaking.

"We can go as soon as you put the dog out," Alice said critically. Jacob began to shake again.

"Calm," I reminded. His shaking only slowed down this time. He released me and started to back away.

"Don't worry, leech. I was just going," He hissed. He looked at me, his expression broken, "Bye, Bella."

Jacob began to walk towards the front door. I wrapped me arms around him, trying to get him to stop. "No, please. Stay. Please," I begged.

Jacob turned to look at me. "Bella, I have to go. I was only supposed to come here and get information. I have to report back."

My face fell, of course he was right. He was a werewolf, she was a vampire, and Jacob had responsibilities. But I didn't want to let him go, it was either go with Jacob and abandon Alice or go with Alice and leave Jacob betrayed. Stupid conflict. Why couldn't they just get along?

"Can't you just tell Embry and Jared, and then come back?" I insisted.

Jacob made a disgusted sound. "I don't think so, Bella. Besides, we've been neglecting treaty lines enough as it is."

Alice sighed. "Well, I'm the only Cullen here. So I guess if I say it's okay for now, than there shouldn't be a problem. For now." She grumbled.

My face lit up giving Alice a look of thanks. Jacob looked at her half angry, half confused, and back at me.

"You seriously want me around her? Remember what I said earlier, Bella."

I hadn't forgotten. This could end badly, very badly. By the end of the day, both of them might end up… I couldn't even think about it. I'm not going to let my selfishness hurt them both. I had to choose.

Before I could say a thing, Jacob wiped a tear from my eye. I was crying, I hadn't realized. He stood there for a few seconds, once again distraught. He then grabbed my arms and freed himself from my embrace. He stomped out the front, slamming the door behind him. My legs started to shake.

Alice made her way next to me and put her arm around my shoulder. "Sorry." She mouthed the word.

I rested my cheek on her head trying to fight back the tears that were welling up. This was for the best, right? I can manage to be away from Jacob for today, couldn't I? Just then, Alice groaned and released her arm from around me, folding them over her chest.

"Great. Just wonderful," She said with heavy sarcasm.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"The dog's tagging along."

I gasped, my eyes widened at the thought. I then heard a shout coming from outside, followed by angry and irritated voices. Were they arguing? My eyes were locked on the front door now. After a minute, I heard the sound of an engine starting up, followed by the squeal of the tires driving off, all a little too quickly. My eyes were still locked onto the door, my heart was racing.

The door slowly opened and Jacob came through. He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back wiping the tears that had escaped my efforts. Jacob glared at Alice, eyes very distrustful. Alice stared back at him with the same eyes.

"You better watch yourself," Jacob warned.

"Oh please, I should be saying that to you." Alice turned toward me, changing her expression to cheerful again. "So, where to first?"

"Really, you should decide. I'm sure you have better ideas than me."

"Oh, but I'm doing this for you."

"I think your last day here," I grimaced at the words, "Should be exactly what you want."

"Hmm…" Alice looked far off in concentration. Jacob put his arm around me again and backed away from Alice.

"It's okay," I whispered to him.

"Don't wanna take any chances," He whispered back through his teeth.

Alice groaned loudly, suddenly very irritated. She glared at Jacob.

"This would be so much easier if I could see our plans and go by those." She put extra emphasis on 'see'.

Jacob raised one eyebrow in confusion, but his face quickly lightened into one of understanding. He laughed once mockingly. "What? The future to blurry for you?"

Alice's mouth fell open for a split second, she gave me an accusing look. I let my head fall, looking up at her with apologetic eyes.

Alice sighed. "Yes, because you're around."

Jacob's eyes widened in surprise. "You can't see the future when I'm around?" That's great!"

Alice let a growl escape her teeth. I changed the subject. "Why don't we go see a movie first? Sound like a plan?"

"Sure," Alice agreed, "As long as we take Carlisle's car."

"Deal."

Alice headed out the front door leaving it wide open. Jacob hesitated to move, I tried nudging him with my elbow, no effect. Alice came back into view, seeing her clearly through the open door, she gave Jacob a mocking smile.

"Scared?" She called back.

Jacob rolled his eyes, but it seemed to do the trick. Jacob kept his arm securely around me and headed out the door slowly. Alice had already gotten in the driver's seat and the car door to the backseats was already open. Alice must have guessed that we'd want to sit together. Jacob walked up to the car at the same pace and hesitantly got in with me alongside him. I closed the door.

"Ugh, it stinks," Jacob groaned silently.

Alice turned the keys in the ignition and drove off immediately. Alice drove fast, almost as fast as Edward did; to think that I was frightened by the speed of the motorcycles. Jacob was very restless the whole way. He fidgeted, shifting his body from side to side and re-adjusted his arm around me. This was ridiculous, the point of this was to have fun with Alice, have fun while she's still here. How are we suppose to have fun when she and Jacob will be at each other's throats the whole time, it defeats the purpose. Maybe this is what I deserve, for being so selfish.

We were almost there, took no time at all, Jacob groaned and started staring at the car floor. He then, to my surprise, started to laugh.

"I cannot believe I'm doing this," Jacob laughed at himself, "Not only am I tagging along for your girl time, but with a bloodsucker as well. I've really lost it."

I hung my head down, slightly turning to look at his face. I was about to apologize, but Alice caught me off guard.

"We're here!" Alice sang, "So, what're we going to see?"

My head snapped up at her voice, that was a good question. I suggested the movies, but had no idea what to go see. I just wanted to get out of the house before Alice and Jake killed each other. My past experiences going to the movies were not entirely pleasant ones, I hoped that this wouldn't be the worst.

Alice waited for my answer; I grimaced at having to be the one to decide. Jacob raised his head and sighed.

"I hear Tomorrow and Forever's pretty popular," He suggested, looking directly at me, ignoring Alice.

I nodded my head, eager to agree, I was up for anything. Then it came back to me, I remember I'd turned down this movie before, back when Mike asked me. It was back when I was too broken to handle a romance. How would I feel now? I truly believe that the hole in my chest is somewhat gone at least, plus I have Jacob and Alice, for the moment. Maybe it won't be so bad.

"Bella," Alice looked at me doubtfully, "Is that what you want?"

"Yeah, sure."

"All right."

Alice got out and opened the door on my side. She reached out and took my hand, a warm smile lit up her face. Jacob, with his arm still securely around my waist, pulled me back. Alice grabbed my hand again and yanked, while Jacob firmly resisted. It was a brief match of tug-of-war with me as the rope, both competitors glaring each other down.

"Jake!" I snapped at him.

Jacob grimaced but gave up, releasing me hesitantly. Alice yanked me from my seat, causing me to stumble, but she caught me before I could cause any damage to myself.

"Sorry," She apologized, "Forgot how fragile you were."

"You sound like Edward."

Jacob got out on his side and made his way next to me, Alice to my right and Jacob to my left. We headed toward the theater; Alice bought two tickets for herself and me, leaving Jacob to pay for his own.

There weren't that many people in the theater, I'm assuming everyone had seen the movie already. It had been out for a while, this might be it's last week in theaters. We sat down, Alice to my right and Jacob to my left like before. I kept my eyes on them both cautiously; they wouldn't fight in here would they?

Alice suddenly started giggling, I looked up at the screen and a man was coming up with every excuse in the book to keep from getting fired. I was so occupied with watching Alice and Jake that I hadn't realized that the movie started already, for who knows how long.

I actually began to watch now; the man that got fired meets a rich woman who enjoys working with children. They fall in love and the man begins to help out with the children too, while still jobless. The man is secretly involved in some shady business involving loans and dangerous favors. The woman finds out what he's up to and the man confesses all that he's done, which in turn gets the woman involved.

So far the movie was pretty good; I wasn't feeling any pain from what I've seen up until now. Unfortunately, I'd spoken too soon. The man felt terrible for burdening the woman in his problems and decides to leave her.

I winced at the words "I don't want you to come." The man had spoken the same words as his. My head sank, I didn't want to look up at the screen anymore, I felt tense.

Jacob saw this; he put his arm around my shoulder and leaned his head against mine. I rested my head on his shoulder and shifted closer to him. Normally, something like this would set me off. I could see myself breaking into tears, screaming, and running out of the theater after witnessing this. But Jacob made everything so much better, he was my own personal sun again, but something else radiated from him besides the usual happiness and comfort. Love.

I let out a deep sigh of relief and looked up at the screen. Apparently I had missed a lot; the man was already begging the woman to take him back, saying that they can work something out as long as they're together. The woman all too happily takes him back and they agree to start a new life together somewhere far away.

The credits started rolling and the lights came back on. Alice eagerly got up and started toward the exit, Jacob and I followed.

Back in the car, Alice started the engine immediately but left it in park for a few minutes.

"Mmm, cliché ending," Alice said, looking thoughtful. Jacob nodded his head, looking past Alice.

"Yeah," Jacob looked at me now, "It's better than that other movie you took me to, though."

He laughed and I joined in; comparing it to Tomorrow and Forever just makes Crosshairs seem even more ridiculous. Alice looked back at me, a wide smile across her face.

"Shopping now?" Alice asked, delighted. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, Alice."

"I'll make sure you have the most beautiful clothes in the store."

"Don't overdo it."

Alice pouted; she started driving straight for the mall which wasn't far from the movie theater at all. It took only two minutes to get there.

I told her not to overdo it, but in the end she ignored me. We went to every clothing store the mall had to offer, buying at least three things from each one. Every so often Alice would find something that she wanted for herself and get me the same one in my size. Jacob was enjoying the ordeal even less than I was; Alice was making him carry all the clothes. I could tell Jake was trying very hard not to lose his temper, I had to tell Alice to ease up a little. Alice was having the time of her life however, at least she was happy.

By the time we were done, it was dark out. The bright headlights of cars were passing by, avoiding people as they walked out of the mall and varies other stores around us.

"Well, I'd better get you home," Alice reminded.

I nodded slowly, knowing what will happen afterwards. The drive home felt longer, either Alice wasn't driving as fast as before or I was just trying to cling onto this moment for as long as I could.

Charlie wasn't there when we walked in. He must still be at the Clearwater's, probably doing whatever he can to help out. I felt bad that I wasn't there too, felt even worse that I was keeping Jacob away. I sat down on the sofa and Jacob joined me. Alice was arranging the clothes she bought in one pile and the clothes for me in another on the kitchen table. In a flash, she darted upstairs and my new clothes disappeared. The next second she was back, looking as cheerful as before.

"Hope you don't mind, but I'm sure you'll find your new beautiful clothes in perfect order," Alice said confidently.

"It's fine."

Alice started to stare off into the distance, her expression lost. Jacob shifted himself closer to me in a protective position. Alice let out a gasp, her cheerful expression didn't return.

"It's time for me to go."

I couldn't speak, I just let my head fall.

"I'm sorry Bella, but it's time. I can't stay any longer."

I just nodded. I was starting to feel the pain come back to me.

"Come on." Alice grabbed my hand and lifted me off the sofa. She led me outside to her car, Jacob followed quickly.

She let go of my hand to give me a hug. Her hard cold skin felt strangely soft and gentle when her arms wrapped around me. The wind blew her sweet clean scent toward me, I'd remember it for a while. I embraced her back, trying very hard to fight back tears. It seemed to last for a lifetime.

"Bye Bella," She said quietly in my ear, "I promise I'll be back."

"Promise?"

She nodded, "Promise."

Tags: alternate, bella, ending, fan, fiction, flare, jacob, saga, solar, twilight

Views: 2681

Replies to This Discussion

I absolutely loved this story!!! very talented people here. :)
Can't wiat for another chapter!!! It's like watching he movie again..
Soo true!
This story is too long. I can hardly read it. What is it about, anyways?
lol thats wat i do
i cbf reading it if its way too long
Really, it isn't that long. These chapters are nothing compared to Twilight chapters.
2. New Start

BELLA SWAN

I knew this would happen, I knew I'd feel this way. Even with Jacob comforting me, the tears didn't stop flowing easily. Settling onto the couch, he held me as close to him as he could. I buried my face in his chest, letting the tears fall without interference. I couldn't see his face, though I really didn't want to look up. He could already hear my pain, feel it, sense it; I didn't want him to see it too. Although I was in tears, I wasn't breaking down as much as I thought I would. Was it Jacob's presence that held me together or was it Alice's promise. She said that she'd be back. I didn't know when, but just knowing that she'd return someday helped keep me whole.

Aside from my sniffs and moans, the whole house was quiet; so the sudden shrill of the phone made both Jacob and I jump. Alice said one last thing to me before she drove off: "Bella, when you get inside, the phone might ring. Make sure that you answer it, you and nobody else."

I lifted up and headed for the phone. I wiped the tears from my eyes and cleared my voice a good five times before finally picking up the phone.

"Hello?" I said, my voice still sounding weepy.

I waited, but there was no answer. Did they not hear me? I cleared my voice again and spoke more clearly this time.

"Hello?" Still no answer. I waited again, but not for very long. The click followed by a dial tone told me that no one was there.

I sat back down next to Jacob; he looked at me with worry in his eyes, his body half way faced toward the door.

"Who was that? Sam?" Jacob asked.

"I don't know who it was, nobody answered."

"Oh." Jacob settled back into the couch and started to relax. I'd forgotten that Jacob had to turn away from his pack in order to be with me today. I'm guessing Sam wouldn't be too happy with him; all because I had to be so selfish. I rested my head on Jacob's shoulder, feeling like the tears would start back up again. Jacob put his arm around me and sighed.

"Bella, what am I gonna do with you?"

I really needed to talk to Jacob. I wanted to apologize for putting him through so much. And not just today, but ever since we met. We're alone, this is my perfect opportunity.

"Oh. Charlie's here," Jacob announced.

Just as he said, I could hear the tires of Charlie's car screech to a halt outside. Fabulous, perfect opportunity ruined.

Charlie entered into the living room where Jacob and I were; his sullen expression turned to surprise for a second as he saw us on the couch.

"Jacob. So you were here all this time. Your friends at the funeral were worried about you," Charlie informed as he hung his coat on the nearby rack.

Jacob grimaced for a split second and cleared his throat. He must be really worried.

"Yeah, I was here helping Bella out."

"What's wrong with her? Bella, honey, are you alright?

I was trying to put on a brave face, but I wasn't fooling anyone. The left over tears and worn eyes were a dead giveaway. I might as well be truthful, he'd figure it out anyway.

"Alice left," I said wiping away any more evidence of my pain, "She had to head back tonight."

"Oh," Charlie nodded to himself, "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, Alice made sure we spent as much time together before she left. It was fun."

"I knew she had to leave eventually, but that was very nice of her."

I nodded in agreement. Jacob still had his arm securely around my shoulders which Charlie seemed to notice now. Jacob noticed as well, he took his arm off me and scratched the back of his head.

"I just wanted to make sure Bella wasn't alone when she left," Jacob explained.

"Ah," Charlie chuckled, "Thank you Jacob."

"Tomorrow I'll head over to the Clearwaters' and see if there's anything I can help out with."

"Good for you, son. Glad to hear it."

"How are things over there?"

Charlie's expression turned back to sullen. "They're all taking it pretty hard. Leah just wanted to be left alone and I could tell that Seth was trying his best to be strong, though he cried a lot. Those poor kids."

There was a moment of silence before Charlie started talking again. "Sue was especially saddened though. I made sure she had all the support she needed. You make sure of that too, Jacob."

Jake nodded and began to stair up at the ceiling. His expression was thoughtful but worried. I can't believe I kept him away from the people that really needed support. I couldn't imagine happy little Seth Clearwater crying, I couldn't even imagine a frown on his face. Leah, who always seemed concerned to me already, had to deal with another problem now. And Sue, who was so loving to her husband from what I saw, to even imagine that being gone, out of existence for good. I've felt the pain of loss, but not to this degree. At least I knew that what I lost was still out there somewhere. What I'm going through couldn't be as bad as what they were; and to keep Jacob away from them for me? What was I thinking?

Charlie headed toward the kitchen and opened up the fridge. Charlie being in the kitchen reminded me of the one thing I forgot today.

"Oh! Dad, I'm sorry, I didn't cook anything. I was-"

"Honey don't worry, it's okay," Charlie interrupted, pulling out a bottle of water from the fridge, "I know you were busy. 'Sides, there was plenty to eat at the Clearwaters'."

I started to nod but yawned in its place. I guess all that running around and keeping the peace today took a lot out of me. Jacob seemed to notice, he smiled.

"Tired?"

"Yeah," I said, yawning again.

"Think you can make it upstairs?"

I noted a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I still hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Jacob and I'd rather do it now, alone. Could I make it upstairs? I wasn't that tired, but just this once, I think I'll play weak.

"Um, no actually," I said, leaning on his shoulder. Jacob chuckled; I think this was the response he wanted.

"Charlie, you don't mind if I walk Bella upstairs, do you?"

Charlie's eyes widened in surprise, he stared out the kitchen window, away from us.

"Of course not," Charlie said, taking a sip of the water he had, "Just don't stay up there too long now."

"Don't worry, I gotta go soon anyway," Jacob chuckled again and smiled back at me.

I didn't expect this part. Jacob lifted me up from the couch, not onto my feet, but into his arms and pulled me close. I could feel his warmth stronger than ever and I didn't know if I should grab onto him or just let my arms dangle. I think Jake might be overdoing it a bit, especially now when Charlie can see. He started heading for the stairs and I decided to hold on. I just looked straight at the stairs, ignoring whatever expression was on Charlie's face, I knew it was one I didn't want to see.

When we got to my room, Jacob placed me gently on the bed, on top of the sheets that were spread across. He sat at the edge of the bedside, turned to face me. He looked at me like he was expecting something. Did he know I wanted to talk to him alone? This was the best chance I had.

"Jake, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I said, looking directly into his eyes.

"Why?" Jacob asked, "What's there to be sorry about?"

"I made you come with me today. You missed the funeral and you weren't there for the Clearwaters because of me."

"You didn't make me go with you," he chuckled, "I went on my own free will."

"Oh, so you wanted to hang out with a vampire?"

He grimaced, but controlled his expression quickly. He scooted closer to me and stared directly into my eyes as I was to his.

"I just wanted to make sure you were safe. I know you can trust the bloodsucker, but I sure can't."

"If that was the case then how come you left the night Alice arrived?"

His face fell; he started to look down at his feet. I was going to apologize for that last blow, but he looked back at me and beat me to it.

"I'm sorry. I just," he muttered, keeping his eyes on mine, "I really wanted to be with you. I didn't want to leave you again. When I saw your face as I was about to head out the door, I just…"

He paused and looked back at his feet. I noticed that one foot was tapping against the bed stand. I waited for him to continue.

"I just didn't want to see you so hurt anymore. It really kind of," He paused, searching for the right word, "Tugs at me, I guess."

"See? It is my fault then."

He stared at me for a second and started laughing to himself.

"Okay then, fine. It's your fault, it's all your fault. You know no one can resist those puppy dog eyes, they're your greatest weapon."

I raised one eyebrow at him and he laughed; I couldn't help but join in. The laughter didn't last long though, I sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"You're still apologizing? You know I didn't really mean that, right?"

"But you told me about how you might not be able to control yourself around vampires. You and Alice could have ended up…" I couldn't say the word. I bit my lip trying to keep myself from crying again, I'd had enough for one day.

Jacob saw this; he scooted in closer to me and hugged me tight. It wasn't as bone crushing as his usual bear hugs, it was comforting, exactly what I needed.

"All's well that ends well, right?" he whispered. I hugged him back, but my guilt was still there.

"Aren't you going to be in trouble with Sam because of this?"

"Probably, but I can handle it. It's not the first time he yelled at me."

"I'm so-."

"Don't!" he cut me off, "It's fine Bella. Really. Now just rest."

He laid me back down, adjusting my head on the pillow and pulling the sheets over me. He got up and started toward the door. He stopped just inches away.

"Tomorrow, if you want, I can pick you up and we can visit the Clearwaters together."

"I'd like that, but couldn't I just drive down to La Push myself?"

He smiled. "I think my method will be more…interesting."

I smiled back. I had to let him go, I'd been far too selfish today; but my heart ached knowing that I'd be away from him until tomorrow. It's just a couple of hours, but that was enough to make me anxious. I'd never felt this way for Jacob before and I've only had this feeling for one other being. Now my mind was shouting only one thing at me.

Jacob turned and reached for the doorknob.

"I love you, Jacob." The words just came out, I had no way of controlling them.

He turned around and stared at me, his eyes wide open and jaw dropped. He looked like he was trying to breathe evenly but was having trouble. For a moment he looked away toward the floor, his expression still stunned. Then he smiled, he smiled my smile that I love so much. He looked back at me, his smile more subtle now.

"I love you, Bella."

He sighed and slowly walked out the room. I lay in the bed for a few minutes staring at the ceiling before I remembered how tired I was. I turned my bedside lamp off and drifted to sleep. That night I dreamt of Jacob.
If only it could be true.
Love it girl..
More to come I hope.
...I'm a guy...
Oh I am soo sorry. Good story anyhow.
Thank you. B)
i like your story.... can't wait for more chapters!!!
Awesome Story!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service