The Twilight Saga

I've been working on this fan fiction for about a month I suppose and I've been posting it on Fan Fiction.Net. It's called The Twilight Saga - Solar Flare. It's basically the story of what would have happened if Jacob and Bella had kissed in New Moon without that phone call interrupting them. It's the story of what would happen if Jacob and Edward's roles were reversed. I've already got 3 chapters made and I'm working on chapter 4 now. I thought I might as well post them here as well.

The story begins right when they're about to kiss.

1. Promise

BELLA SWAN

"Bella," Jacob whispered.

I was frozen.

No! I hadn't made this decision yet. I didn't know if I could do this, and now I was out of time to think. But I would have been a fool if I thought rejecting him now would have no consequences.

Maybe it would feel nice. Maybe it wouldn't feel like a betrayal. True love was forever lost, so who was I betraying? Only myself.

Keeping his eyes on mine, Jacob began to bend his face toward me. The closer he got, the more unsure I became. Was I really going to do this? How badly would this end up? Would this end badly? He held my face still and closed his eyes as his lips met mine, my eyes shut as well, a little too tight.

As his mouth had discovered my passive resistance, he moved his right hand to the back of my head and his left gently around my waist, pulling me closer now. The closer I became, the more my lips would resist. I wasn't trying to pull away, but wouldn't respond back, I couldn't. Jacob could see this now, he started to rub the back of neck trying to get a response out of me; I just couldn't.

That's when Jacob stopped, his right hand slowly releasing my neck, his left unwrapping around my waist, and his lips fading away. I didn't need to look at Jacob to see the hurt, I could feel it, and his pain was my pain. Something in me broke free just then and I couldn't hold it back. My hands reacted before I could realize it, my left arm wrapping around his waist, my right hand grabbing the back of his head, pulling him closer to me now. Just as I could feel his pain, I could feel his joy now too. Jacob responded almost instantly; he wrapped his arms around me and began kissing me back, his warm lips gentle. I couldn't tell how long we were kissing, it felt like forever, and I didn't want it to stop.

That's when it hit me; I'd been wrong all this time, I'd been lying to myself. Jacob was more than just my friend, he was more than someone I could rely on to make me feel better. I knew I needed him more than I needed most people, but I had no idea just how much until now. I've never felt happier before, after being so abnormal for so long, it's like a breath of air after being underwater for hours. The hole in my chest is completely gone now, I didn't think it were possible, but Jacob cured everything. He is everything to me, I was in love with him. I'd loved him all this time, but I was too afraid to get it through my thick skull. I was too afraid of betrayal, too afraid of him. I wonder if I'll ever hear his voice again, not that it mattered anymore.

Suddenly I felt Jacob stiffen up, he jerked away from me and released his arms. I opened my eyes, ready to pull him back, but he was shaking again. The expression on his face was half angry and half horrified.

He jetted for the front door, grabbing the handle with a little too much force. I stumbled after him with my arm out in front of me.

"No!" I shouted. It was a reflex.

Jacob stopped then, releasing the handle. He looked at me distraught, still standing right next to the door. He took a quick glance at the door handle and back at me, like he was deciding something. I didn't want him to leave, now more than ever. Did he have to leave now? If he did leave, would I go with him? What about Alice?

Jacob turned his entire body in my direction. He slowly walked toward me, wrapped his one arm around my waist, and positioned himself in front of me, as if trying to protect me.

Protect me from what, was Victoria nearby? Did she get past Embry and Jared? Was she attracted her by Alice? That's when it hit me, Alice, of course. Alice came through the back door and walked gracefully into the kitchen, resting her arms onto the kitchen table. Jacob backed us away toward the sink, he was shaking again and his teeth were clenched. Alice's face did not look approving either.

"I see you two get along well," Alice judged, staring directly at Jacob.

I nodded gently, a little embarrassed. Jacob pulled me closer to him.

"Alice this is Jacob. Jacob, Alice," I said, blushing now.

Jacob stabbed me a disgusted look and growled. Alice rolled her eyes at me.

"Bella, I think it's time I left."

Jacob gave a brief sigh of relief, while still holding me tight.

"No!" I shouted. Jacob stabbed another look at me, a look of betrayal.

"Really though, Bella, I think it's time I left. If Edward finds out I'm here…" Alice explained, looking a bit nervous, "He can get really angry sometimes."

I flinched a little and Jacob growled again.

"Do you have to go now? Just a few more weeks, please?" I begged.

"I'm really sorry Bella, but it has to be tonight," She said, looking truly sorry.

"Tonight. Good," Jacob muttered under his breath. Alice seemed to hear that and glared at him again. She looked back at me, suddenly cheerful.

"How about we spend the entire day doing whatever you want together. We could drive around, catch a movie, go to the mall, I'll buy you whatever you want. We won't separate for a second," She said, smiling wide.

I nodded sadly. "Yeah, that sounds good."

"You don't look very happy."

"No, I am. Really."

Alice pouted. "It's the best I can do. All the clothes you want, on me."

Jacob's shaking began to increase, his teeth clenched, and his eyes shut tight. I embraced him, it was almost instinctual.

"Jake, please. Calm," I whispered.

"Right…calm," He whispered back, his body going stiff now with only his hands shaking.

"We can go as soon as you put the dog out," Alice said critically. Jacob began to shake again.

"Calm," I reminded. His shaking only slowed down this time. He released me and started to back away.

"Don't worry, leech. I was just going," He hissed. He looked at me, his expression broken, "Bye, Bella."

Jacob began to walk towards the front door. I wrapped me arms around him, trying to get him to stop. "No, please. Stay. Please," I begged.

Jacob turned to look at me. "Bella, I have to go. I was only supposed to come here and get information. I have to report back."

My face fell, of course he was right. He was a werewolf, she was a vampire, and Jacob had responsibilities. But I didn't want to let him go, it was either go with Jacob and abandon Alice or go with Alice and leave Jacob betrayed. Stupid conflict. Why couldn't they just get along?

"Can't you just tell Embry and Jared, and then come back?" I insisted.

Jacob made a disgusted sound. "I don't think so, Bella. Besides, we've been neglecting treaty lines enough as it is."

Alice sighed. "Well, I'm the only Cullen here. So I guess if I say it's okay for now, than there shouldn't be a problem. For now." She grumbled.

My face lit up giving Alice a look of thanks. Jacob looked at her half angry, half confused, and back at me.

"You seriously want me around her? Remember what I said earlier, Bella."

I hadn't forgotten. This could end badly, very badly. By the end of the day, both of them might end up… I couldn't even think about it. I'm not going to let my selfishness hurt them both. I had to choose.

Before I could say a thing, Jacob wiped a tear from my eye. I was crying, I hadn't realized. He stood there for a few seconds, once again distraught. He then grabbed my arms and freed himself from my embrace. He stomped out the front, slamming the door behind him. My legs started to shake.

Alice made her way next to me and put her arm around my shoulder. "Sorry." She mouthed the word.

I rested my cheek on her head trying to fight back the tears that were welling up. This was for the best, right? I can manage to be away from Jacob for today, couldn't I? Just then, Alice groaned and released her arm from around me, folding them over her chest.

"Great. Just wonderful," She said with heavy sarcasm.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"The dog's tagging along."

I gasped, my eyes widened at the thought. I then heard a shout coming from outside, followed by angry and irritated voices. Were they arguing? My eyes were locked on the front door now. After a minute, I heard the sound of an engine starting up, followed by the squeal of the tires driving off, all a little too quickly. My eyes were still locked onto the door, my heart was racing.

The door slowly opened and Jacob came through. He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back wiping the tears that had escaped my efforts. Jacob glared at Alice, eyes very distrustful. Alice stared back at him with the same eyes.

"You better watch yourself," Jacob warned.

"Oh please, I should be saying that to you." Alice turned toward me, changing her expression to cheerful again. "So, where to first?"

"Really, you should decide. I'm sure you have better ideas than me."

"Oh, but I'm doing this for you."

"I think your last day here," I grimaced at the words, "Should be exactly what you want."

"Hmm…" Alice looked far off in concentration. Jacob put his arm around me again and backed away from Alice.

"It's okay," I whispered to him.

"Don't wanna take any chances," He whispered back through his teeth.

Alice groaned loudly, suddenly very irritated. She glared at Jacob.

"This would be so much easier if I could see our plans and go by those." She put extra emphasis on 'see'.

Jacob raised one eyebrow in confusion, but his face quickly lightened into one of understanding. He laughed once mockingly. "What? The future to blurry for you?"

Alice's mouth fell open for a split second, she gave me an accusing look. I let my head fall, looking up at her with apologetic eyes.

Alice sighed. "Yes, because you're around."

Jacob's eyes widened in surprise. "You can't see the future when I'm around?" That's great!"

Alice let a growl escape her teeth. I changed the subject. "Why don't we go see a movie first? Sound like a plan?"

"Sure," Alice agreed, "As long as we take Carlisle's car."

"Deal."

Alice headed out the front door leaving it wide open. Jacob hesitated to move, I tried nudging him with my elbow, no effect. Alice came back into view, seeing her clearly through the open door, she gave Jacob a mocking smile.

"Scared?" She called back.

Jacob rolled his eyes, but it seemed to do the trick. Jacob kept his arm securely around me and headed out the door slowly. Alice had already gotten in the driver's seat and the car door to the backseats was already open. Alice must have guessed that we'd want to sit together. Jacob walked up to the car at the same pace and hesitantly got in with me alongside him. I closed the door.

"Ugh, it stinks," Jacob groaned silently.

Alice turned the keys in the ignition and drove off immediately. Alice drove fast, almost as fast as Edward did; to think that I was frightened by the speed of the motorcycles. Jacob was very restless the whole way. He fidgeted, shifting his body from side to side and re-adjusted his arm around me. This was ridiculous, the point of this was to have fun with Alice, have fun while she's still here. How are we suppose to have fun when she and Jacob will be at each other's throats the whole time, it defeats the purpose. Maybe this is what I deserve, for being so selfish.

We were almost there, took no time at all, Jacob groaned and started staring at the car floor. He then, to my surprise, started to laugh.

"I cannot believe I'm doing this," Jacob laughed at himself, "Not only am I tagging along for your girl time, but with a bloodsucker as well. I've really lost it."

I hung my head down, slightly turning to look at his face. I was about to apologize, but Alice caught me off guard.

"We're here!" Alice sang, "So, what're we going to see?"

My head snapped up at her voice, that was a good question. I suggested the movies, but had no idea what to go see. I just wanted to get out of the house before Alice and Jake killed each other. My past experiences going to the movies were not entirely pleasant ones, I hoped that this wouldn't be the worst.

Alice waited for my answer; I grimaced at having to be the one to decide. Jacob raised his head and sighed.

"I hear Tomorrow and Forever's pretty popular," He suggested, looking directly at me, ignoring Alice.

I nodded my head, eager to agree, I was up for anything. Then it came back to me, I remember I'd turned down this movie before, back when Mike asked me. It was back when I was too broken to handle a romance. How would I feel now? I truly believe that the hole in my chest is somewhat gone at least, plus I have Jacob and Alice, for the moment. Maybe it won't be so bad.

"Bella," Alice looked at me doubtfully, "Is that what you want?"

"Yeah, sure."

"All right."

Alice got out and opened the door on my side. She reached out and took my hand, a warm smile lit up her face. Jacob, with his arm still securely around my waist, pulled me back. Alice grabbed my hand again and yanked, while Jacob firmly resisted. It was a brief match of tug-of-war with me as the rope, both competitors glaring each other down.

"Jake!" I snapped at him.

Jacob grimaced but gave up, releasing me hesitantly. Alice yanked me from my seat, causing me to stumble, but she caught me before I could cause any damage to myself.

"Sorry," She apologized, "Forgot how fragile you were."

"You sound like Edward."

Jacob got out on his side and made his way next to me, Alice to my right and Jacob to my left. We headed toward the theater; Alice bought two tickets for herself and me, leaving Jacob to pay for his own.

There weren't that many people in the theater, I'm assuming everyone had seen the movie already. It had been out for a while, this might be it's last week in theaters. We sat down, Alice to my right and Jacob to my left like before. I kept my eyes on them both cautiously; they wouldn't fight in here would they?

Alice suddenly started giggling, I looked up at the screen and a man was coming up with every excuse in the book to keep from getting fired. I was so occupied with watching Alice and Jake that I hadn't realized that the movie started already, for who knows how long.

I actually began to watch now; the man that got fired meets a rich woman who enjoys working with children. They fall in love and the man begins to help out with the children too, while still jobless. The man is secretly involved in some shady business involving loans and dangerous favors. The woman finds out what he's up to and the man confesses all that he's done, which in turn gets the woman involved.

So far the movie was pretty good; I wasn't feeling any pain from what I've seen up until now. Unfortunately, I'd spoken too soon. The man felt terrible for burdening the woman in his problems and decides to leave her.

I winced at the words "I don't want you to come." The man had spoken the same words as his. My head sank, I didn't want to look up at the screen anymore, I felt tense.

Jacob saw this; he put his arm around my shoulder and leaned his head against mine. I rested my head on his shoulder and shifted closer to him. Normally, something like this would set me off. I could see myself breaking into tears, screaming, and running out of the theater after witnessing this. But Jacob made everything so much better, he was my own personal sun again, but something else radiated from him besides the usual happiness and comfort. Love.

I let out a deep sigh of relief and looked up at the screen. Apparently I had missed a lot; the man was already begging the woman to take him back, saying that they can work something out as long as they're together. The woman all too happily takes him back and they agree to start a new life together somewhere far away.

The credits started rolling and the lights came back on. Alice eagerly got up and started toward the exit, Jacob and I followed.

Back in the car, Alice started the engine immediately but left it in park for a few minutes.

"Mmm, cliché ending," Alice said, looking thoughtful. Jacob nodded his head, looking past Alice.

"Yeah," Jacob looked at me now, "It's better than that other movie you took me to, though."

He laughed and I joined in; comparing it to Tomorrow and Forever just makes Crosshairs seem even more ridiculous. Alice looked back at me, a wide smile across her face.

"Shopping now?" Alice asked, delighted. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, Alice."

"I'll make sure you have the most beautiful clothes in the store."

"Don't overdo it."

Alice pouted; she started driving straight for the mall which wasn't far from the movie theater at all. It took only two minutes to get there.

I told her not to overdo it, but in the end she ignored me. We went to every clothing store the mall had to offer, buying at least three things from each one. Every so often Alice would find something that she wanted for herself and get me the same one in my size. Jacob was enjoying the ordeal even less than I was; Alice was making him carry all the clothes. I could tell Jake was trying very hard not to lose his temper, I had to tell Alice to ease up a little. Alice was having the time of her life however, at least she was happy.

By the time we were done, it was dark out. The bright headlights of cars were passing by, avoiding people as they walked out of the mall and varies other stores around us.

"Well, I'd better get you home," Alice reminded.

I nodded slowly, knowing what will happen afterwards. The drive home felt longer, either Alice wasn't driving as fast as before or I was just trying to cling onto this moment for as long as I could.

Charlie wasn't there when we walked in. He must still be at the Clearwater's, probably doing whatever he can to help out. I felt bad that I wasn't there too, felt even worse that I was keeping Jacob away. I sat down on the sofa and Jacob joined me. Alice was arranging the clothes she bought in one pile and the clothes for me in another on the kitchen table. In a flash, she darted upstairs and my new clothes disappeared. The next second she was back, looking as cheerful as before.

"Hope you don't mind, but I'm sure you'll find your new beautiful clothes in perfect order," Alice said confidently.

"It's fine."

Alice started to stare off into the distance, her expression lost. Jacob shifted himself closer to me in a protective position. Alice let out a gasp, her cheerful expression didn't return.

"It's time for me to go."

I couldn't speak, I just let my head fall.

"I'm sorry Bella, but it's time. I can't stay any longer."

I just nodded. I was starting to feel the pain come back to me.

"Come on." Alice grabbed my hand and lifted me off the sofa. She led me outside to her car, Jacob followed quickly.

She let go of my hand to give me a hug. Her hard cold skin felt strangely soft and gentle when her arms wrapped around me. The wind blew her sweet clean scent toward me, I'd remember it for a while. I embraced her back, trying very hard to fight back tears. It seemed to last for a lifetime.

"Bye Bella," She said quietly in my ear, "I promise I'll be back."

"Promise?"

She nodded, "Promise."

Tags: alternate, bella, ending, fan, fiction, flare, jacob, saga, solar, twilight

Views: 2663

Replies to This Discussion

Plus, it was kind of unintentional, but the scenery in the new one sort of represents that forest they went to. But you like the old one?

Old: 1

New: 0

YAY FRIDAY!!:D

Hmm, the new one is good, but the old one goes better with your story because of the sunset and everything. But they're both great.:)

The old one is dominating! 

Old: 4

New: 0

So I made the new one for nothing...? :(

The new one is awesome, the old one is awesomer:$.
But I like the detail you've put in the new one.
I think I just like the old one because that's really Jake & Bella. 

Yeah, I know, I know. It's totally fine. :P

Old: 4

New: 1

That's something. LOL

I love the new one!!   It kinda shows Edward fading out of the scene as Bella & Jacob are a tight couple!!

After collecting opinions from another site as well, the total is now:

Old: 5

New: 6

But everyone agreed that they both look good, so thank you all. :) I might just use both of them.

New one because in the old one Edwards like OMG I'm so sad that Bella left me and I look like a creeper! And then the new one Edwards like OMG I'm see thru! And also in the new one Taylor and Kristen aren't see thru

12. My Girlfriend's At the Mercy of Vampires. What Do I Do? Nothing.

JACOB BLACK

I was seriously ready to kill my alarm clock for waking me up. It was set up on my window seal and the window was right by my bed, so in other words, ringing right in my freakin' ear. I knew it was the clock's job to make sure I wasn't late for school, but I still wanted to murder the damn thing. Last night had me exhausted and I really didn't know why. It wasn't like we did anything big on our patrol that would tire me out, but as soon as I got home, it felt like my bed was pulling me in.

Maybe it wasn't anything physical that tired me out. Yesterday, we learned that the redheaded leech was back and after Bella. That knowledge itself put me on edge and stressed me out. I told Bella she had nothing to worry about, and she didn't; I just really hated knowing that there was danger out there, but not when the danger would show up. Not only that, but since I had to spend time away from Bella to make sure a vampire didn't get her, that just put her in the hands of more vampires. It was only two days out of the week, but it still felt like too much for me. I really hoped that redhead would show her face today. The sooner we could end her, the better.

I sat up and slammed my fist down onto my clock to get it to shut up. It cracked on impact, but not enough to break. Damn. I stretched out and yawned as I got out of bed. Looking at the clock, I had about an hour before class started. I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower, or at least it was suppose to be quick. The warm water really woke me up and it felt so nice that didn't want to get out. When I finally did, I brushed my teeth and went into my room. I looked at my cracked clock, and either I caused more damage to it than I thought or I only had fifteen minutes to get to school now. I didn't bother drying off, my body heat would take care of that, I just threw my towel onto the floor. I went into my closet and picked out the first things I saw; just a dark green shirt and a pair of shorts. I'd be ditching the shirt after school anyway, since I had to patrol. There was no need to wear too much.

I went into Billy's bedroom to help him get up and get dressed. I told him I was in a hurry and he said that he could handle the rest of his daily routine himself. Trying not to trample over anything as I went through the kitchen, I ran outside and hopped onto my motorcycle. Immediately getting it started, I jetted onto the road and followed the path leading to my school. I went as fast as the speed limit allowed and managed to get there just in time. There were a bunch of people rushing inside to be on time, and in the crowd I could see Paul. It was good to know I wasn't the only one running late. I parked my bike in its usual spot and joined the crowd heading inside. Paul saw me immediately and grinned.

"S'up, Jake," he greeted, "Over sleep again?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not really, it would've been nice getting more sleep though. What about you?"

"Yeah, I overslept."

"But you were like the first person Sam let go home last night. You still overslept?"

"I was actually up for a while video chatting with this girl I plan on scoring today." He smiled proudly.

I raised my eyebrows, impressed. "Oh really? Nice."

"Oh yeah, she is gonna be good."

"What's she look like?"

"Ass."

I tilted my head to the side. "Huh?"

"That's all I need to say. Ass."

"Ah…I see."

"And this is one of my days off, so I got all day with her."

I sighed. "Must be nice."

He chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, bro. You're time will come someday. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for another six months, but someday."

I gave him a dirty look. "Thanks, I guess."

"Sucks that Embry messed things up for you yesterday. That could've been it."

I groaned. "Don't remind me."

"At least you got to feel her boobs. That was good, right?"

"Yeah, it was." And I couldn't help but smile at the memory.

"Of course it was good, you couldn't stop thinking about it last night. I think we all understand just how great it was to squeeze those-"

"Paul!" I shouted, cutting him off.

He snickered. "Sorry."

Yeah, it was pretty impossible keeping that memory away from everyone else. I'd never gotten so intimate with Bella before. Feeling her like that was seriously the greatest thing ever. Having her soft breasts in the palm of my hands was just too good and I loved that she was enjoying the whole thing just as much as I was. As amazing as it was, it still really irritated me that that was all I got. Especially since that weird spark I felt in our kiss told me that we both wanted more.

"Well, I'll see ya in class," Paul said.

"Oh, yeah, I'll see ya later."

I went inside, swerving through the mass of students, as I headed toward my locker to get what I needed for first period. My morning classes were definitely the most boring ones. First period was English, and that was boring because it was so easy. Second period was the only class I had with one of my pack brothers and that was Paul, but his inclusion didn't make the class much better considering its subject. Algebra. All we did was take notes and listen to the teacher ramble on and on about how to solve overly complicated math problems. I remember when I thought math was pretty easy and sort of enjoyable, but as soon as they put letters into the mix, that's when they lost me. There were hardly ever any opportunities to talk to anyone else in class either, only on the very rare occasions when we'd pair up where Paul and I would always be a team. Third period was World History and that just taught me stuff I already knew. Fourth period was Health, and unlike World History, they wouldn't teach me the stuff I wanted to learn. We'd been on the subject of drugs and bad health choices all semester. I got it, drugs were bad, but when would we talk about the human body, preferably female? Considering the school year was almost over, I assumed they were saving that for Health 2. What a waste. Couldn't they fit both subjects into one class?

When the bell to dismiss fourth period rang, I couldn't have been happier. Lunch was up next and I was looking forward to seeing everyone there. I also hadn't eaten any breakfast, so I was starving. I went to my locker to put away my books and papers I didn't need and headed straight for the cafeteria. I met up with Quil and Embry on my way there and we all entered the cafeteria together. We were one of the firsts to get there, so the lines weren't too long. The usual selection of food was pizza, chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, and green beans. But today, they had soft shelled tacos in replacement of the chicken tenders. Every once in a while, the cafeteria would have something special on the menu and it'd usually replace chicken tenders, so this wasn't too big of a surprise. I filled my tray with everything they had and grabbed a soda as well. We all sat down at our usual table that was always open. No one sat there, not because it was a bad table, but because everyone seemed to know it belonged to us. Students were starting to catch on that we were part of some kind of group and no one ever messed with us, which apparently included our table as well. Our secret was definitely still safe, but it was clear that we were a group, a strong one, and our performance in gym was further proof of that.

I devoured all my food in record time and drank my soda in one gulp as Quil and Embry watched and chuckled.

"Well, that was short lived," Embry commented.

I nodded. "And I'm still hungry."

"A second serving costs extra, y'know," Quil reminded.

"Yeah, I know. If I had the money, I would."

"We could grab something to eat at Emily's before we start our patrol."

"Definitely. Can't work on a half empty stomach."

"It's going to suck having Leah with us though," Embry said, taking a bite out of his taco.

"Wait, what?" I asked, confused and a little shocked.

"Yeah, I told Embry in first period. I hadn't told you yet," Quil said with a grimace.

"Told me what?"

"Remember last night how Leah was complaining and being all angsty about having to work two days with Sam out of the week?"

"Yeah, I remember."

And boy was that a pain. Leah was assigned four days out of the week and two of them were with Sam. It was easier for Leah to just keep to herself when it was the whole pack involved, but this was just Leah, Sam, and someone else. She really didn't want to work so close with him and kept complaining about it all night. It was only two days; I seriously thought she was overreacting.

"Well," Quil continued, "This morning, Claire was about to go back with Emily's sister to the Makah reservation, so I went to go tell her goodbye for now. I also had time to get some breakfast." He licked his lips and smiled. "But anyway, Leah was there with Sam. She basically just told Sam she switched one of her days to today. She didn't even ask, but Sam didn't complain. Then she looked at me like she expected us to meet her there."

I groaned. "What's the point in making a detailed schedule if it can be broken so easily?"

"Everyone was cool with the schedule except Leah. I guess if she's not okay with it, then it has to be changed. And you know Sam, he can never say no to her," Embry added.

"Well that's just perfect. There goes what little fun we could have," I mumbled.

They both nodded in agreement and ate the rest of their food, which was just as much as I had. As they finished up, I saw Jared and Kim enter the cafeteria. They looked just as in love as they usually did. As they walked, Jared would match her movements perfectly like they were one entity. And of course, they couldn't keep their eyes off each other; I wondered how they hadn't run into a wall yet or something. The line for food was a lot longer than it was for us, but that didn't seem to bother them too much. They were so entranced in each other that the wait didn't bother them at all. Once they got their food, they came over to us and grabbed a chair to sit down.

"Hey, guys," Jared greeted.

I nodded once in greeting. "Jared. Kim."

Kim smiled. "I see you're back from your trip with Bella. How was it?"

"Yeah, you never told us how that went," Jared said, "You were too busy thinking about…you know." He snickered.

I gave Jared an irritated look and saw Embry grimace at the corner of my eye. I glanced at him for a second and he mouthed "sorry" to me. He'd already apologized like ten thousand times last night; he could give it a rest.

"Thinking about what?" Kim asked.

"Nothing," I told her. It was already annoying having the pack in on everything Bella and I did. I wanted our business to be private with some people at least.

"Come on, tell me," she insisted.

"Nope, sorry. It's a guy thing."

"Really?" She looked at Jared for confirmation.

Jared's eyes shifted from me to her, looking unsure. "Uh, yeah. Kind of."

She sighed. "Okay, I respect that. I've got girl secrets with Emily, Leah, and Bella too, so I understand."

My eyes widened as soon as she mentioned Bella, which Kim smirked at. That reminded me, I actually was pretty curious about what she talked about with Bella. I could've listened in on their conversation if I wanted to; they weren't far away enough for me not to hear. But at the time, I wanted to give them their privacy and talking with the guys distracted me from them. I supposed it was only fair that I didn't know…for now, at least.

"So, about that trip?" Jared reminded.

"Visiting Bella's mom was really nice overall," I said, "It was kind of weird being so far away from home though and I can't say I'm a big fan of planes."

Quil chuckled. "Afraid of planes, Jake?"

"Hey, you get on one, look out the window, and see how you feel."

He smirked. "Alright, alright."

"Anyway, the beach there was really awesome. It was a lot bigger than First Beach and there were a lot more people there. Bella's mom's house was amazing. Everything was so clean and big, like something from a picture."

"I bet they had an HDTV," Embry said.

I nodded in confirmation. "Yep, they sure did."

"Called it!"

"What about Bella's mom? Was she nice?" Kim asked.

"Yeah, Renee was really friendly. Really friendly," I said, making sure they got the 'really' part.

"Whoa, Jake! Are you saying Bella won't be your first after all?" Embry asked, half sarcastic and half really curious. Everyone else looked at me in shock.

I cringed. "Oh GOD no! I mean, there were times when it seemed like she was hitting on me, but nothing that bad. She's married, dude."

"She was hitting on you though?"

"Mostly about how much I'd grown since she last saw me. I remember when I first walked up to her, she said 'Why hello there, Ja…Oh my god, you're huge!'"

"That's what she said?" Quil asked, with a grin.

"Yeah, when I got out of the car and headed toward the…" I paused for a second. "Ugh! Quil!"

Quil burst into laughter and everyone else joined him, except for Kim; she just rolled her eyes at that one.

I sighed heavily. "Anyway, it was a nice trip, subject change."

"You guys can talk about me," a rough voice said from behind me.

I turned around as everyone else looked too and Paul was standing right behind me with a grin.

"Paul?" Jared said, confused.

"How's it going, my brothers?" Paul greeted.

"I thought you had lunch during third period," I wondered.

"I do, but we're just watching this boring movie in class, so I decided to skip."

"Will you get in trouble?" Kim asked.

"Pshh!" I and all the guys scoffed at the same time, looking at her like she made a joke. I thought Kim would've known that school wasn't a huge priority for us and we wouldn't get in trouble very easily. Not to mention we were passing all our classes anyway.

Kim looked down in embarrassment and Jared put an arm around her shoulder, rubbing it in comfort.

"I'll be fine," Paul assured, "Besides, sources told me that my chick for the evening had lunch this period." He looked around the cafeteria slightly pissed. "Apparently my sources were wrong."

"So you got yourself another girl, eh?" Embry said.

"Yep, and she is hot."

Kim sighed. "Can't you just stick with one girl, Paul?"

"Well, that's just no fun."

"Who says?" Jared and I both said at once. We smiled at each other and nodded once, while Kim looked at Jared proudly, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

Paul groaned. "Well, who knows, maybe I'll stick with this girl. I'm definitely meeting her after school and we've got all day together so…y'know." He grinned.

"Have fun," Kim said as she wrapped her arms around Jared and trailed her finger across his chest, "We've got the whole day to ourselves too."

Jared smiled at Kim, staring deep in her eyes. "I'm looking forward to every second."

"That is just awesome," Quil said with heavy sarcasm, "You guys get to spend your afternoons getting laid, while Jake, Embry and I have to suffer through Leah?"

"Yep." Jared smirked, but it quickly disappeared. "Wait, you're patrolling with Leah?"

"Yeah," Embry groaned.

"Ouch! That sucks," Paul said sympathetically.

Quil, Embry, and I all sighed in unison. We all knew this was not going to be a fun day.

"Leah isn't so bad," Kim defended, "You guys should take the time to talk to her. She's just…misunderstood."

"Oh, we understand her alright. That's exactly why we don't talk to her," Paul commented.

Just then, the bell for sixth period rang. All the students stacked their trays up on top of the trash cans and started heading out the cafeteria.

"Well, good luck guys," Jared said to all of us and turned his attention to me, "I'll see you in P.E., Jake."

I nodded as Jared and Kim walked out of the cafeteria. I saw Jared kiss Kim goodbye before heading the direction I'd be going. I placed my tray with everyone else's and said my goodbyes before heading for the gym. My afternoon classes were a lot more bearable than my morning ones. Not only were they enjoyable subjects, but a lot more of my brothers were in those classes.

Sixth period was P.E., which had students from all grade levels. Because of that, both Jared and Seth were in the same class as me. We would always team up in whatever sport was being played and we'd always dominate. We wouldn't do anything too big that people would start thinking there was something abnormal about us; we only did enough for people to know we were amazing athletes. Today was three-on-three badminton, which was perfect for us. The team we played didn't stand a chance, so we ended up competing with each other to see who could score the most smash shots. Seth got six, I got nine, and Jared managed to get ten; scoring one more right at the end of the period. Lucky. There were times when I wondered if the other team was even trying against us. Twenty five to zero was pretty bad.

The seventh and last period of the day was Auto Tech, my favorite class. Quil, Embry, and I shared this class together and it was also where John gave me his motorcycle. The thing was pretty much fixed; soon I'd give it to one of my pack brothers. I thought, maybe I could organize some kind of contest to see who got the motorcycle. Even though this was my favorite class, like World History, I wasn't learning anything I didn't already know. What made the class enjoyable was actually working with cars and being able to show off what I knew.

As soon as school was over, all three of us went to our lockers, put our stuff away, and headed straight outside to my motorcycle; not wasting any time.

"You brought your bike? Wouldn't it have been easier to just walk?" Quil asked.

I shrugged. "I like riding it. Besides, I didn't think it would matter. I thought we'd just go to my house anyway, phase, and head out from there."

"Yeah, but now we gotta go to your place, put your bike away, and then go to Emily's and meet up with Leah," Embry groaned.

"Or wherever the hell she is," Quil added.

"How about you guys just go straight to Emily's place and I'll meet you there," I suggested.

"Right."

"I shouldn't take too long. I wouldn't want you guys to have to deal with Leah by yourselves."

Embry smiled. "Three Musketeers?"

I smiled back. "Definitely."

I hopped onto my bike and got it started, revving the engine twice.

"See you guys there." I nodded towards them and they nodded back as they ran deep into the trees.

I gripped the handle bar tight and rode out of the school parking lot, avoiding the huge mass of students pouring out of the entrance. I sped down the road, just enjoying the feel of the wind against my face and the way it pulled my hair back. Sometimes I'd look at the deep clouds in the sky, the thick green trees passing by, or the dust my tires left behind. I was simply enjoying the ride and honestly not paying too much attention to where I was going. My eyes widened in surprise when I realized I was on the highway and my house was at least two miles behind me. How did I get here? Was I really that out of it that I couldn't notice the scenery change? Apparently that was the case. I was on the wrong path, but the road was still all too familiar to me. I was heading towards Bella's school. What was I doing? I usually went this way all the time to pick Bella up from school so we'd hang out, but that wasn't the case today. Was I so used to going this way that I just did it unconsciously? Apparently that was the case as well.

Okay, so, I was going the wrong way; that was certain. So why wasn't I turning around? I just kept going. I was even passing by the cars sharing the road with me. So not only was I going the wrong way, but going fast. I was so eager to reach my not-destination. I eventually got too far to turn around. If my subconscious really wanted me to go to Bella's school, there was no point in turning around now.

Once I made it to Forks High School, I pulled into the parking lot and parked my bike close to the entrance. Judging by all the other times I came here and waited for Bella, it would probably take about fifteen minutes before the final bell rang. Once it did, the students started coming out onto the lot little by little and eventually becoming a crowd. I paid close attention to the entrance, because I really wanted to see Bella actually come out of those doors this time. And I did. She walked out, looking as beautiful as ever, and I couldn't help but smile at her presence, even if she was sort of far away. However, my smile disappeared when I saw who she walked out with. I knew that Bella was going to visit the Cullens today, but I still hated seeing them around her. That tiny psychic leech had her arm locked around Bella's as they walked out onto the lot and my nose wrinkled at the smell.

Bella turned in my direction and it looked like she gasped as her face immediately lit up. The psychic looked my way too and groaned. The feeling was mutual. Bella eagerly walked over to me, dragging the psychic along with her, and smiled wide.

"Jacob!" she exclaimed, half excited and half confused.

"Hey, Bells," I greeted.

"Jake, I…not that I'm not happy that you're here but, what are you doing here?"

I chuckled to myself. "I honestly don't know. I should be with Quil and Embry right now."

"Are you not going to patrol? Was there a change of plans or something?"

"No, I've still got to go. I just…" I paused, thinking about it for a second, "I guess I just really wanted to see you."

"Jake," she sighed and smiled.

I smiled back and turned my attention toward the psychic, who looked pretty irritated that I was here. As much as I didn't like her for obvious reasons, I couldn't find it in me to hate her as much as I should. She was the one who couldn't see Bella's future because of my presence. She was the one who basically told Bella that we would stay together. If she hadn't said that, we'd probably still be in fear right now.

"So, are we going?" she asked impatiently.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Bella said.

"Alright, let's go."

"Wait," I said, holding my hand out, "You…um…blo-"

"Alice," Bella reminded, before I could say what I was about to.

I rolled my eyes. "Right, Alice. I need to ask you something."

Alice squinted her eyes in what looked like a mix of confusion and suspicion. "You want to ask me something?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"No. What do you want?"

I figured I might as well give myself a reason for being here besides just wanting to see Bella. She told Bella that we'd stay together because she couldn't see her, but I thought it'd be better to have the confirmation from the psychic herself. I really didn't get how her future telling worked; maybe she could explain it better.

"Last time Bella visited you guys, you told her that you couldn't see her future, right?" I asked.

"Yes," she said in annoyance, "Because of you."

"Yeah, I got that part. But Bella also said something about her future disappearing completely to you. What exactly does that mean?"

She sighed. "Well, even when she was with you before, I could at least see an unclear future of hers. Back when she jumped off that cliff, I thought she died because I didn't see you rescue her. But now…" She shook her head, like it really bothered her. "Now I can't even see that much. It's all just a fuzzy picture of Bella and the rest is completely black. I get headaches from even trying."

Bella rubbed Alice's shoulder comfortingly and I tried really hard to hold back my disapproval. She smiled at Alice and Alice smiled back weakly.

"No future is absolute, but there are outcomes that are set in stone more so than others. And judging by what little I can see, I'd say Bella spending her life with werewolves is pretty solid." She sighed. "Why am I telling you this again?"

"Because I asked," I groaned. And then, I said the words that I didn't think I'd ever, ever, EVER say to a bloodsucker. EVER! "And thank you for telling me."

Bella's jaw dropped at what I said and I was just as surprised as she was. Alice raised a brow at me, wondering if I really meant it. I honestly was grateful that she could confirm this to us. If she hadn't, we may have spent our entire lives worrying and wondering if or when the day would come. When she saw that I was being genuine, she smiled a pixie-like smile at me, which was a little creepy.

"Well, you're welcome, Jacob," she said.

Bella grinned widely at me and I couldn't help but smile back. She was obviously really thrilled that I was actually nice to a vampire, and it warmed me so much seeing her so happy. But, Alice was a vampire and I just couldn't manage to stay on good terms as long as she might've wanted. My face hardened as I remembered this weekend, bringing my attention back on Alice.

"And one more thing," I said with an edge to my voice, "Keep your brother in check."

Alice's smile disappeared as her face turned defensive. "Yeah, I got it."

"If it ever happens again…"

"I got it," she interrupted, "Consider us warned."

I groaned and looked back at Bella. Her cheeriness was gone as she looked at me clearly upset that I couldn't keep the peace. I grimaced and gave her an apologetic look. Sam wanted to warn the Cullens about them stepping on our land since it happened, but he hadn't decided on when or how to send the message. He was probably going to be glad and proud of me, knowing that I went ahead and did it for him. It didn't really matter to me; I just figured I might as well do it since I was here anyway.

"Well, let's go, Bella," Alice said, grabbing her arm. The way she did it made me want to rip the leeches hand off of her.

"Alright," Bella agreed as Alice pulled her along.

"Bella, wait!" I shouted.

Bella turned around immediately, giving me her full attention. I waved my hand for her to come closer and she did while Alice stood further back. Just the way I wanted it. As soon as she was close enough for me to touch her, I cupped her face into my hands and leaned forward to bring my lips to hers. She immediately responded as her lips moved with mine and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I just wanted to kiss you at least one time today," I whispered between kisses.

She smiled and continued to kiss me as we got more and more into it. I really did want to give Bella something to smile and be happy about before I left, something special that they couldn't give her. We kissed for I didn't know how long, and we might have been at it for much longer if Alice hadn't interrupted.

"Bella," she called.

Bella unwillingly leaned away and looked up at me saddened again. I could tell it hurt her to leave almost as much as it hurt me. We just stared into each other's eyes, not saying goodbye, but still communicating the same meaning. She sighed and let me go, walking over to where Alice was. As they walked away, Bella continued to look back at me. I waved goodbye, but not for very long. I hated seeing her like that, especially in the hands of a vampire. I hated seeing my Bella being taken away by monsters, it didn't matter how 'nice' they claimed to be. Still, I knew that they'd keep her safe and this was what Bella wanted, even though I wished she didn't.

I quickly hopped onto my bike again and started it up immediately. I rode out of the school lot and jetted down the highway as fast as the speed limit would allow, and then I went faster. It was a lot quicker getting home than it was to the school. Once I arrived, I stationed my motorcycle in the garage by the Rabbit and took my shirt off, placing it on the work table. I kicked off my shoes and slipped out of my shorts as I crouched, letting the heat take over me, and exploded into my wolf. I could immediately hear the grumbles of Quil, Embry, and Leah as I took off into the trees to find them.

Dude, where have you been? Quil asked.

I thought you said it wouldn't take long. That was like, an hour, Embry echoed Quil's irritation.

Sorry, I don't really know myself, I apologized. I then went over what happened with Bella and Alice in the school parking lot.

You just couldn't stay away, could you? Quil teased lightly.

Nope.

Gag me. I've had enough of you and your vampire loving girlfriend. Change the channel, Leah complained at my memory of kissing her.

I growled. Sorry I left you guys with that for an hour.

Yeah, you should be sorry, Embry thought more silently.

Ah, it's okay, Jake. I know how you feel, Quil sympathized, It's especially rough for you since vampires are involved.

Boy was that the truth. I'd never liked the idea of Bella being around vampires. I've always worried that they might lose control and hurt her. But my biggest fear, the fear that has haunted me for so long and even put my fear of imprinting to shame, was that they might turn her into one of them. I couldn't think of anything more horrible in the world, except for maybe death itself. Bella with blood red eyes, ice cold marble skin, and having her mind twisted into that of a ruthless bloodthirsty killer. A monster. I'd never be able to feel her warmth, hear her beating heart, or see that precious smile I loved. And the treaty would definitely be broken. The thought of having to stop her, to end her, to hurt her in anyway, it filled me with disgust. And even if she left before then, everything would already have been taken away from her. She'd never be able to see her family, her friends, or me ever again. She'd be immortal, so how would she live her so called life, especially if she turned at such a young age? Just repeat high school over and over like the other Cullens? Or maybe live like most did; a killer? It's been said in our legends that vampires were soulless creatures, so what awaited her if she was killed as a vampire? No heaven, maybe not even hell. Just…nothing.

I was probably just worrying too much though; thinking way too far into things. I knew the Cullens wouldn't bite another human; they didn't want the treaty broken. It could be a different story if Bella actually wanted that, but why would she? My answer to that was simple; the bloodsucker that broke her heart in the first place. I knew the effect that guy had on her, I'd seen it, experienced it. If he were to come back into Bella's life, would Bella go back to him? I remembered Bella telling me that she actually wanted to be a vampire once and I got really angry. That news seriously made me sick to my stomach and I couldn't get those horrible thoughts out of my head since. She said she didn't want that anymore, but would she change her mind if she went back with that bloodsucker? But the more I thought about this, the guiltier I felt that I was having these thoughts to begin with. Bella loved me and I loved her. She was my Bella and I was hers. This was certain. So, was I seriously suspecting her of leaving me? Trust was one of the most important things you could have in a relationship, so I shouldn't have been thinking about this. I was sure that she'd be pissed if she thought I had even the slightest bit of doubt, just as I was pissed at myself for thinking it. Besides, one of the monsters herself confirmed that Bella and I would always be together. That should've been enough to calm me down. But as much as I wanted to relax, it was so hard having Bella so close to the danger.

That's rough, man, Embry thought sympathetically.

Jake, I don't think you need to worry at all, Quil assured.

Yeah, you're digging way too deep into things.

You think so? I asked.

I trust Bella. You should too, Embry reminded.

I know. Everyone's thoughts were quiet for a minute. How would it feel for you guys…if that did happen?

It would be like losing a sister, Quil and Embry both thought the same thing.

Both their thoughts started to echo my own fear and concern. I felt kind of bad that my angst filled mind was spreading to them as well.

Yeah, Jake, look what you did, Quil blamed.

Sorry. Trust me, I don't want to think about it anymore than you do, I assured.

But like you said, that psychic leech told you that Bella would stay with you. So yeah, nothing to worry about, Embry thought positively.

Can you really trust a bloodsucker though? Leah came in.

It's the best I've got, I admitted.

I knew that Leah didn't like Bella too much, because she was on friendly terms with the Cullens. But she was surprisingly being pretty respectful to my worries, not hostile like usual.

Embry's thoughts suddenly lightened up. Hey, maybe the next time I get a girlfriend, I should go to the Cullens and check how long we last.

Quil and I chuckled in our heads.

Oh yeah. And when you get there, just ask to speak to Bloodsucker #6, I suggested sarcastically.

Maybe Paul could use that to see how long him and that hot chick of his last, Quil remembered.

I wonder how that's going right now.

Probably better than it went with you, Leah laughed mockingly.

Oh, Leah. And you were doing so well. I just growled at her as Embry instinctively started a series of apologies to me.

Leah, I know we're supposed to be patrolling and all, but how about having that race with Jake now? Quil suggested.

Oh yeah, I challenged you a while ago after you almost lost to Embry, I remembered, suddenly excited.

I was going easy on him, Leah thought, but we could all tell she was lying. No secrets in a pack mind. I mean, I wasn't at my best that day.

She was being more truthful that time, but Quil and Embry still felt confident in me. I wasn't sure where all that confidence came from, but I wasn't complaining.

I think now is a good time to race. We'll be able to drown out Leah's constant whining with the sound of her shame and embarrassment of losing, Embry mocked.

Leah laughed unconcerned. Oh yeah, I'm the whiner here.

Well you where, until Jacob came and took your spot, Quil pointed out.

I've stopped, jeez, I noted.

Leah scoffed. Jacob, where are you?

Just a couple miles south of you.

Well stay there, I'm coming.

Aw yeah, Jake is gonna race the HELL out of you. Right, Jake? Embry thought, excited.

Oh yeah, you know it, I laughed.

I could see through Leah's eyes as she made her way to me, speeding through the trees with amazing agility. Quil and Embry's confidence in me started to waver as they watched her impressive movements, but it didn't bother me. This was going to be good.

Sooooo...when I said I'd update Friday, I actually meant Saturday morning. :D ....I suck at deadlines. >_> But the next chapter will be here before this month is over, which is pretty soon. So look forward to that.

:crazy: EPIC!
Glad you thought so! :D

Jacob's back! :D I like reading in his narrative, it's just so much more interesting and you do a great job capturing his charater. Since you're a guy, I'm guessing it's easier for you to write it in Jacob's narrative, isn't it?

"That is just awesome," Quil said with heavy sarcasm, "You guys get to spend your afternoons getting laid, while Jake, Embry and I have to suffer through Leah?"

LOL! I love this line.xD

We'd been on the subject of drugs and bad health choices all semester. I got it, drugs were bad, but when would we talk about the human body, preferably female?

Ha! Oh, Jacob...xD

Anyway, I think this will be one of my favorite chapters. I love it!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service