The Twilight Saga

I've been working on this fan fiction for about a month I suppose and I've been posting it on Fan Fiction.Net. It's called The Twilight Saga - Solar Flare. It's basically the story of what would have happened if Jacob and Bella had kissed in New Moon without that phone call interrupting them. It's the story of what would happen if Jacob and Edward's roles were reversed. I've already got 3 chapters made and I'm working on chapter 4 now. I thought I might as well post them here as well.

The story begins right when they're about to kiss.

1. Promise

BELLA SWAN

"Bella," Jacob whispered.

I was frozen.

No! I hadn't made this decision yet. I didn't know if I could do this, and now I was out of time to think. But I would have been a fool if I thought rejecting him now would have no consequences.

Maybe it would feel nice. Maybe it wouldn't feel like a betrayal. True love was forever lost, so who was I betraying? Only myself.

Keeping his eyes on mine, Jacob began to bend his face toward me. The closer he got, the more unsure I became. Was I really going to do this? How badly would this end up? Would this end badly? He held my face still and closed his eyes as his lips met mine, my eyes shut as well, a little too tight.

As his mouth had discovered my passive resistance, he moved his right hand to the back of my head and his left gently around my waist, pulling me closer now. The closer I became, the more my lips would resist. I wasn't trying to pull away, but wouldn't respond back, I couldn't. Jacob could see this now, he started to rub the back of neck trying to get a response out of me; I just couldn't.

That's when Jacob stopped, his right hand slowly releasing my neck, his left unwrapping around my waist, and his lips fading away. I didn't need to look at Jacob to see the hurt, I could feel it, and his pain was my pain. Something in me broke free just then and I couldn't hold it back. My hands reacted before I could realize it, my left arm wrapping around his waist, my right hand grabbing the back of his head, pulling him closer to me now. Just as I could feel his pain, I could feel his joy now too. Jacob responded almost instantly; he wrapped his arms around me and began kissing me back, his warm lips gentle. I couldn't tell how long we were kissing, it felt like forever, and I didn't want it to stop.

That's when it hit me; I'd been wrong all this time, I'd been lying to myself. Jacob was more than just my friend, he was more than someone I could rely on to make me feel better. I knew I needed him more than I needed most people, but I had no idea just how much until now. I've never felt happier before, after being so abnormal for so long, it's like a breath of air after being underwater for hours. The hole in my chest is completely gone now, I didn't think it were possible, but Jacob cured everything. He is everything to me, I was in love with him. I'd loved him all this time, but I was too afraid to get it through my thick skull. I was too afraid of betrayal, too afraid of him. I wonder if I'll ever hear his voice again, not that it mattered anymore.

Suddenly I felt Jacob stiffen up, he jerked away from me and released his arms. I opened my eyes, ready to pull him back, but he was shaking again. The expression on his face was half angry and half horrified.

He jetted for the front door, grabbing the handle with a little too much force. I stumbled after him with my arm out in front of me.

"No!" I shouted. It was a reflex.

Jacob stopped then, releasing the handle. He looked at me distraught, still standing right next to the door. He took a quick glance at the door handle and back at me, like he was deciding something. I didn't want him to leave, now more than ever. Did he have to leave now? If he did leave, would I go with him? What about Alice?

Jacob turned his entire body in my direction. He slowly walked toward me, wrapped his one arm around my waist, and positioned himself in front of me, as if trying to protect me.

Protect me from what, was Victoria nearby? Did she get past Embry and Jared? Was she attracted her by Alice? That's when it hit me, Alice, of course. Alice came through the back door and walked gracefully into the kitchen, resting her arms onto the kitchen table. Jacob backed us away toward the sink, he was shaking again and his teeth were clenched. Alice's face did not look approving either.

"I see you two get along well," Alice judged, staring directly at Jacob.

I nodded gently, a little embarrassed. Jacob pulled me closer to him.

"Alice this is Jacob. Jacob, Alice," I said, blushing now.

Jacob stabbed me a disgusted look and growled. Alice rolled her eyes at me.

"Bella, I think it's time I left."

Jacob gave a brief sigh of relief, while still holding me tight.

"No!" I shouted. Jacob stabbed another look at me, a look of betrayal.

"Really though, Bella, I think it's time I left. If Edward finds out I'm here…" Alice explained, looking a bit nervous, "He can get really angry sometimes."

I flinched a little and Jacob growled again.

"Do you have to go now? Just a few more weeks, please?" I begged.

"I'm really sorry Bella, but it has to be tonight," She said, looking truly sorry.

"Tonight. Good," Jacob muttered under his breath. Alice seemed to hear that and glared at him again. She looked back at me, suddenly cheerful.

"How about we spend the entire day doing whatever you want together. We could drive around, catch a movie, go to the mall, I'll buy you whatever you want. We won't separate for a second," She said, smiling wide.

I nodded sadly. "Yeah, that sounds good."

"You don't look very happy."

"No, I am. Really."

Alice pouted. "It's the best I can do. All the clothes you want, on me."

Jacob's shaking began to increase, his teeth clenched, and his eyes shut tight. I embraced him, it was almost instinctual.

"Jake, please. Calm," I whispered.

"Right…calm," He whispered back, his body going stiff now with only his hands shaking.

"We can go as soon as you put the dog out," Alice said critically. Jacob began to shake again.

"Calm," I reminded. His shaking only slowed down this time. He released me and started to back away.

"Don't worry, leech. I was just going," He hissed. He looked at me, his expression broken, "Bye, Bella."

Jacob began to walk towards the front door. I wrapped me arms around him, trying to get him to stop. "No, please. Stay. Please," I begged.

Jacob turned to look at me. "Bella, I have to go. I was only supposed to come here and get information. I have to report back."

My face fell, of course he was right. He was a werewolf, she was a vampire, and Jacob had responsibilities. But I didn't want to let him go, it was either go with Jacob and abandon Alice or go with Alice and leave Jacob betrayed. Stupid conflict. Why couldn't they just get along?

"Can't you just tell Embry and Jared, and then come back?" I insisted.

Jacob made a disgusted sound. "I don't think so, Bella. Besides, we've been neglecting treaty lines enough as it is."

Alice sighed. "Well, I'm the only Cullen here. So I guess if I say it's okay for now, than there shouldn't be a problem. For now." She grumbled.

My face lit up giving Alice a look of thanks. Jacob looked at her half angry, half confused, and back at me.

"You seriously want me around her? Remember what I said earlier, Bella."

I hadn't forgotten. This could end badly, very badly. By the end of the day, both of them might end up… I couldn't even think about it. I'm not going to let my selfishness hurt them both. I had to choose.

Before I could say a thing, Jacob wiped a tear from my eye. I was crying, I hadn't realized. He stood there for a few seconds, once again distraught. He then grabbed my arms and freed himself from my embrace. He stomped out the front, slamming the door behind him. My legs started to shake.

Alice made her way next to me and put her arm around my shoulder. "Sorry." She mouthed the word.

I rested my cheek on her head trying to fight back the tears that were welling up. This was for the best, right? I can manage to be away from Jacob for today, couldn't I? Just then, Alice groaned and released her arm from around me, folding them over her chest.

"Great. Just wonderful," She said with heavy sarcasm.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"The dog's tagging along."

I gasped, my eyes widened at the thought. I then heard a shout coming from outside, followed by angry and irritated voices. Were they arguing? My eyes were locked on the front door now. After a minute, I heard the sound of an engine starting up, followed by the squeal of the tires driving off, all a little too quickly. My eyes were still locked onto the door, my heart was racing.

The door slowly opened and Jacob came through. He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back wiping the tears that had escaped my efforts. Jacob glared at Alice, eyes very distrustful. Alice stared back at him with the same eyes.

"You better watch yourself," Jacob warned.

"Oh please, I should be saying that to you." Alice turned toward me, changing her expression to cheerful again. "So, where to first?"

"Really, you should decide. I'm sure you have better ideas than me."

"Oh, but I'm doing this for you."

"I think your last day here," I grimaced at the words, "Should be exactly what you want."

"Hmm…" Alice looked far off in concentration. Jacob put his arm around me again and backed away from Alice.

"It's okay," I whispered to him.

"Don't wanna take any chances," He whispered back through his teeth.

Alice groaned loudly, suddenly very irritated. She glared at Jacob.

"This would be so much easier if I could see our plans and go by those." She put extra emphasis on 'see'.

Jacob raised one eyebrow in confusion, but his face quickly lightened into one of understanding. He laughed once mockingly. "What? The future to blurry for you?"

Alice's mouth fell open for a split second, she gave me an accusing look. I let my head fall, looking up at her with apologetic eyes.

Alice sighed. "Yes, because you're around."

Jacob's eyes widened in surprise. "You can't see the future when I'm around?" That's great!"

Alice let a growl escape her teeth. I changed the subject. "Why don't we go see a movie first? Sound like a plan?"

"Sure," Alice agreed, "As long as we take Carlisle's car."

"Deal."

Alice headed out the front door leaving it wide open. Jacob hesitated to move, I tried nudging him with my elbow, no effect. Alice came back into view, seeing her clearly through the open door, she gave Jacob a mocking smile.

"Scared?" She called back.

Jacob rolled his eyes, but it seemed to do the trick. Jacob kept his arm securely around me and headed out the door slowly. Alice had already gotten in the driver's seat and the car door to the backseats was already open. Alice must have guessed that we'd want to sit together. Jacob walked up to the car at the same pace and hesitantly got in with me alongside him. I closed the door.

"Ugh, it stinks," Jacob groaned silently.

Alice turned the keys in the ignition and drove off immediately. Alice drove fast, almost as fast as Edward did; to think that I was frightened by the speed of the motorcycles. Jacob was very restless the whole way. He fidgeted, shifting his body from side to side and re-adjusted his arm around me. This was ridiculous, the point of this was to have fun with Alice, have fun while she's still here. How are we suppose to have fun when she and Jacob will be at each other's throats the whole time, it defeats the purpose. Maybe this is what I deserve, for being so selfish.

We were almost there, took no time at all, Jacob groaned and started staring at the car floor. He then, to my surprise, started to laugh.

"I cannot believe I'm doing this," Jacob laughed at himself, "Not only am I tagging along for your girl time, but with a bloodsucker as well. I've really lost it."

I hung my head down, slightly turning to look at his face. I was about to apologize, but Alice caught me off guard.

"We're here!" Alice sang, "So, what're we going to see?"

My head snapped up at her voice, that was a good question. I suggested the movies, but had no idea what to go see. I just wanted to get out of the house before Alice and Jake killed each other. My past experiences going to the movies were not entirely pleasant ones, I hoped that this wouldn't be the worst.

Alice waited for my answer; I grimaced at having to be the one to decide. Jacob raised his head and sighed.

"I hear Tomorrow and Forever's pretty popular," He suggested, looking directly at me, ignoring Alice.

I nodded my head, eager to agree, I was up for anything. Then it came back to me, I remember I'd turned down this movie before, back when Mike asked me. It was back when I was too broken to handle a romance. How would I feel now? I truly believe that the hole in my chest is somewhat gone at least, plus I have Jacob and Alice, for the moment. Maybe it won't be so bad.

"Bella," Alice looked at me doubtfully, "Is that what you want?"

"Yeah, sure."

"All right."

Alice got out and opened the door on my side. She reached out and took my hand, a warm smile lit up her face. Jacob, with his arm still securely around my waist, pulled me back. Alice grabbed my hand again and yanked, while Jacob firmly resisted. It was a brief match of tug-of-war with me as the rope, both competitors glaring each other down.

"Jake!" I snapped at him.

Jacob grimaced but gave up, releasing me hesitantly. Alice yanked me from my seat, causing me to stumble, but she caught me before I could cause any damage to myself.

"Sorry," She apologized, "Forgot how fragile you were."

"You sound like Edward."

Jacob got out on his side and made his way next to me, Alice to my right and Jacob to my left. We headed toward the theater; Alice bought two tickets for herself and me, leaving Jacob to pay for his own.

There weren't that many people in the theater, I'm assuming everyone had seen the movie already. It had been out for a while, this might be it's last week in theaters. We sat down, Alice to my right and Jacob to my left like before. I kept my eyes on them both cautiously; they wouldn't fight in here would they?

Alice suddenly started giggling, I looked up at the screen and a man was coming up with every excuse in the book to keep from getting fired. I was so occupied with watching Alice and Jake that I hadn't realized that the movie started already, for who knows how long.

I actually began to watch now; the man that got fired meets a rich woman who enjoys working with children. They fall in love and the man begins to help out with the children too, while still jobless. The man is secretly involved in some shady business involving loans and dangerous favors. The woman finds out what he's up to and the man confesses all that he's done, which in turn gets the woman involved.

So far the movie was pretty good; I wasn't feeling any pain from what I've seen up until now. Unfortunately, I'd spoken too soon. The man felt terrible for burdening the woman in his problems and decides to leave her.

I winced at the words "I don't want you to come." The man had spoken the same words as his. My head sank, I didn't want to look up at the screen anymore, I felt tense.

Jacob saw this; he put his arm around my shoulder and leaned his head against mine. I rested my head on his shoulder and shifted closer to him. Normally, something like this would set me off. I could see myself breaking into tears, screaming, and running out of the theater after witnessing this. But Jacob made everything so much better, he was my own personal sun again, but something else radiated from him besides the usual happiness and comfort. Love.

I let out a deep sigh of relief and looked up at the screen. Apparently I had missed a lot; the man was already begging the woman to take him back, saying that they can work something out as long as they're together. The woman all too happily takes him back and they agree to start a new life together somewhere far away.

The credits started rolling and the lights came back on. Alice eagerly got up and started toward the exit, Jacob and I followed.

Back in the car, Alice started the engine immediately but left it in park for a few minutes.

"Mmm, cliché ending," Alice said, looking thoughtful. Jacob nodded his head, looking past Alice.

"Yeah," Jacob looked at me now, "It's better than that other movie you took me to, though."

He laughed and I joined in; comparing it to Tomorrow and Forever just makes Crosshairs seem even more ridiculous. Alice looked back at me, a wide smile across her face.

"Shopping now?" Alice asked, delighted. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, Alice."

"I'll make sure you have the most beautiful clothes in the store."

"Don't overdo it."

Alice pouted; she started driving straight for the mall which wasn't far from the movie theater at all. It took only two minutes to get there.

I told her not to overdo it, but in the end she ignored me. We went to every clothing store the mall had to offer, buying at least three things from each one. Every so often Alice would find something that she wanted for herself and get me the same one in my size. Jacob was enjoying the ordeal even less than I was; Alice was making him carry all the clothes. I could tell Jake was trying very hard not to lose his temper, I had to tell Alice to ease up a little. Alice was having the time of her life however, at least she was happy.

By the time we were done, it was dark out. The bright headlights of cars were passing by, avoiding people as they walked out of the mall and varies other stores around us.

"Well, I'd better get you home," Alice reminded.

I nodded slowly, knowing what will happen afterwards. The drive home felt longer, either Alice wasn't driving as fast as before or I was just trying to cling onto this moment for as long as I could.

Charlie wasn't there when we walked in. He must still be at the Clearwater's, probably doing whatever he can to help out. I felt bad that I wasn't there too, felt even worse that I was keeping Jacob away. I sat down on the sofa and Jacob joined me. Alice was arranging the clothes she bought in one pile and the clothes for me in another on the kitchen table. In a flash, she darted upstairs and my new clothes disappeared. The next second she was back, looking as cheerful as before.

"Hope you don't mind, but I'm sure you'll find your new beautiful clothes in perfect order," Alice said confidently.

"It's fine."

Alice started to stare off into the distance, her expression lost. Jacob shifted himself closer to me in a protective position. Alice let out a gasp, her cheerful expression didn't return.

"It's time for me to go."

I couldn't speak, I just let my head fall.

"I'm sorry Bella, but it's time. I can't stay any longer."

I just nodded. I was starting to feel the pain come back to me.

"Come on." Alice grabbed my hand and lifted me off the sofa. She led me outside to her car, Jacob followed quickly.

She let go of my hand to give me a hug. Her hard cold skin felt strangely soft and gentle when her arms wrapped around me. The wind blew her sweet clean scent toward me, I'd remember it for a while. I embraced her back, trying very hard to fight back tears. It seemed to last for a lifetime.

"Bye Bella," She said quietly in my ear, "I promise I'll be back."

"Promise?"

She nodded, "Promise."

Tags: alternate, bella, ending, fan, fiction, flare, jacob, saga, solar, twilight

Views: 2656

Replies to This Discussion

11. Danger

BELLA SWAN

The sun barely shined at all today, hidden deeply behind the heavy clouds that poured rain with no sign of stopping soon. The road to home was thoroughly wet as the wheels to Jake's Rabbit left behind a very short lived dry path that quickly moistened from the rain. I was a little tired from the long flight, so it took me by surprise when the last few trees passed by and buildings came into view, signaling that we were almost home. I started to sink into my seat as my eyes slowly closed.

"Aw, don't go to sleep now. We're almost there," Jacob complained.

"Yeah, I know. The flight, and Renee, just took a lot out of me," I said with a yawn.

"Your mom sure is energetic."

"Tell me about it."

This whole weekend, Renee made it her mission to spend every waking moment with me and Jacob; as well as use her beautiful new home as a way to lure me away from Forks. Not only that, but she was almost obsessed over how much Jacob had changed since the last time she saw him all those years ago. It was pretty much to the point where her attention to him was dangerous to Jake's secret. Phil was busy for the weekend and being alone with us sharpened her focus. Though, with how friendly Renee was acting toward Jake, I guess it was a good thing Phil was away. Anyone who didn't know better would assume she was flirting. Almost immediately when I first called him "Jake", she started calling him that too.

I'd noticed Renee's perceptiveness the whole weekend, but it wasn't until the last day that she finally started saying something. It's not like I didn't see it coming, but it still made me nervous. Jake seemed to be calm about it though, he must've prepared for stuff like it before. It was when Renee suggested we take a few pictures to remember the moment.

"First, how about one of me and Jake? Bella, you take the picture," Renee said, handing me her camera.

"Alright," I agreed.

Jake and Renee stood close by her glass door with a clear view of the beach. She put one arm around him and Jake did the same when Renee made a face at their touch.

"Oh! Jake, you're really hot," she noted in surprise.

I flinched nervously, but Jake kept his cool and smirked.

"Well, thank you, ma'am," he said.

Renee sighed. "No, you silly boy, I meant you're literally hot. You've been like this the whole weekend. You're not sick are you?"

"Oh no, this is just something that runs in my family. It's from my mother's side, I think."

"Yeah, you're a little too active to be sick. You're very agile and balanced too; you never stumble or anything like that. I noticed when you were running on the beach, you ran for about an hour and you weren't even tired afterward."

"I just do a lot of outdoor activities. I'm used to it."

"Impressive." She really did sound impressed this time.

Jake smiled proudly. "Thank you."

"Okay, so, can I take this picture?" I said impatiently.

"Sorry, hon," Renee said, beginning to pose for the shot.

We took two pictures of each pair; Jake and Renee, me and Renee, and Jake and I. Then we set the timer to take a picture of all three of us. Renee promised that she'd send me the pictures, most likely through e-mail. The rest of the day was pretty much just packing to go home. Renee did talk to me one more time about my relationship with Jacob before I left. I could remember the conversation word for word.

"So, I think you've found yourself a great guy," Renee complimented, "He's really fun to be around."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Jacob's great."

"You two seem to be pretty serious as well." Her tone became a bit more serious too. "Whenever you're together, one look in Jake's eyes and it's as clear as day the amount of love he has for you. Same with you too, hon."

"Really?"

"Oh yeah. I can almost feel the love and adoration radiating from you two. It's almost overwhelming, like there's nothing more precious in the world to you guys."

I snickered briefly. "I think you've been reading too many romance novels, mom."

"But it's true! How serious are you two, by the way?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, has your relationship transitioned to the physical?"

My face immediately turned red as I looked away in panic. "Not you too."

"You're not embarrassed, are you? You know we can talk about anything."

"I know, mom, it's just…"

"And what did you mean by 'not you too'?"

"You're just not the first to ask me that."

"Is there some issue you're not telling me?"

"No! No, I'm just…not ready yet." It was the best I could come up with, though it wasn't exactly true.

It's not like I didn't want to now, I was just afraid of how things might turn out if we rushed into it. Should I just be impatient and ask, or should I let my need build up until I couldn't take it anymore?

"I get it, there's definitely no need to rush," Renee agreed.

"Think so?"

"Never do anything you're not ready for and don't get pressured into it either. Even if you think you're ready, double check, no, triple check with yourself that you really are."

"Right." I knew that part of that had to do with her making that mistake in her marriage with Charlie.

"Remember that, okay?"

"I will."

Jacob and I left early the next morning and right now it was probably around the time school ends. That's yet another day of school missed, I'd bet my friends there were wondering where I had disappeared to. I'd have to get back with them soon and make up any work I may have missed.

It didn't take long at all to arrive at my place. Since Charlie's car was parked in the driveway, Jacob stopped on the side of the road close to the house.

"Well, we're here. Want me to carry your bag in?" Jacob offered.

"It's just one bag, I can manage. Besides, yours is bigger than mine, surprisingly," I said.

"I could just carry both."

I sighed. "If you insist, bell hop."

He laughed and got out of the car to grab both our bags. Charlie was definitely waiting for us, as the front door opened before I could even put my hand on the knob. Charlie held the door open for us as Jacob put his bag by the couch and went upstairs to put mine in my room.

"Welcome home, Bells!" Charlie greeted, I could tell he really was happy to see me.

I smiled. "It's good to be home."

"How was Jacksonville?"

"Moist and buggy."

"Ah. I guess your mom didn't sell you on the University of Florida?"

"Nah. She tried, but I prefer to drink water than inhale it."

"Did Jacob have a nice time?"

"Yeah, I think he really likes Renee."

"She's tons of fun," Jake chuckled as he came down the stairs.

Charlie nodded and sighed. "I really missed you, honey. I could hardly get any food here without you."

"Don't worry, I'll get right on that," I said as I started toward the kitchen.

"Oh! Hold on," he said, reaching out to stop me, "I forgot to tell you something. Both of you."

He looked over at Jacob and he made his way over to stand by us.

"What is it?" Jake asked.

"Well, your dad called yesterday and this morning, he wanted you to come home as soon as you got back. He said he has something really important to discuss with you, something urgent." He turned his attention back to me. "He also said that it'd be good for Bella to come too."

"Me? Really?" I asked a little surprised.

"Jacob, do you know what this is about?"

He shook his head. "No, I'm not sure what he'd want."

"Because he wouldn't tell me a thing. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of your dad wanting Bella for something he won't tell me."

"Dad, if it's important to Jacob, then it's important to me," I defended.

This was still a little confusing though. What would Billy want Jacob for that he also wanted me there as well? If he's not telling Charlie about it, then it has to have something to do with the pack or maybe even the Cullens. Did something happen between them while we were gone?

"You know my dad, Charlie," Jake said, "Whatever it is, you know Bella will be just fine. I'll make sure of that."

"Who knows, maybe it's a surprise for you or something." I smiled and nudged Charlie in the side, but it didn't seem to cheer him up much.

"Surprise or not, I want answers when you get back. Understand?" Charlie ordered.

I sighed. "Sure. Let's go, Jake."

"Right." Jake nodded and headed outside to the Rabbit still parked on the side of the road.

"Leaving already, huh?" Charlie muttered, "I guess I'll just order pizza again."

"Dad," I sighed and then reached out to give him a quick hug, "I promise to make something special when I get back, then we can have some time to ourselves. We could…talk, if you want."

He grimaced slightly. He knew a father daughter talk would get awkward fast. "Alright, Bells."

He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before letting me go. Outside, Jacob was already in the car waiting. I got into the passenger seat and he immediately started driving toward his house. Jacob drove faster than he usually did, as the trees became difficult to make out in its blur. He must've been just as eager to hear what was going on as I was.

"Do you have a guess of what Billy might want?" I asked.

"Not really," he admitted, "What about you?"

"Well, if it's something urgent that he can't tell Charlie, then it most likely has something to do with the pack. But he also wanted me there, so it could also involve the Cullens too. He knows that I'm more familiar with them than anyone else."

He grimaced. "Actually, I thought of that too, I just don't want that."

"Do you think they might have gotten into a fight?" The idea of anyone getting hurt, the pack or the Cullens, made me cringe. This was my family we were talking about.

"Who knows, we'll have to wait and see."

"Could you go faster, please?"

"I'm already breaking the speed limit."

"Break it more."

He raised a brow at me and laughed as he went faster. For the rest of the ride, I just focused on reaching our destination, though I did notice the rain starting to let up. When I saw Jacob's house came into view, I unbuckled my seatbelt, eagerly ready to get out. As Jake parked the Rabbit next to his garage, I opened the door and got out before he came to a complete stop. I headed for the front door of the house and Jake followed close behind. Jake opened the door for me and I could hear mumbled chatter coming from the living room. We walked through the kitchen to where the noise was coming from and three faces immediately looked at us as we came in. Billy was sitting in his wheelchair close by the TV and Sam was sitting on the right side of the couch with Seth right next to him.

"You're here," Sam said.

"Yeah, we are," Jake confirmed and turned his attention to Billy, "Dad, what's going on?"

"Sam and Seth will explain everything," he said, gesturing to them.

"It'll be easier and more beneficial to explain as wolves. Come outside, it shouldn't take long," Sam explained as he got up with Seth matching his movements.

"Alright," Jacob agreed as he followed the two outside.

I started to follow as well, but Billy put his hand out to get my attention.

"Bella, why don't you sit down?" he suggested, "They won't be long, just relax."

I decided to do as he said and sat on the couch. He said it wouldn't take long, but I was already getting impatient after thirty seconds. I crossed my arms and legs as we waited and Billy just stared outside the window with what looked like little concerned. I heard a low growl come from outside followed by a bark. With every passing second, I got more and more antsy.

"What's going on?" I asked Billy.

His head snapped toward me, slightly startled. "Once they're done explaining to Jacob, then he'll tell you. We figured it'd be easier for you to hear it from him."

"What is this all about? Why did you want me?"

"Well, it involves you, but…" He paused to gather his words. "Just know that everything's under control. You won't have to worry."

"Gee, that makes me feel a lot better," I said with sarcasm and let out an uneasy breath.

What was taking them so long? I know that in reality, it had only been three minutes, but it felt like an hour. It was so nerve racking knowing that something big was going on and not being clued in on anything. One more minute of this and I felt like I could scream.

After forty-six more seconds passed - I counted - I heard the backdoor open up. I turned around and sighed in relief as the three came walking in, but that relief quickly went away once I saw Jacob's face. It reminded me of how he looked whenever vampires were around, so intense, like he was ready for something. Something dangerous. He quickly sat down next to me and once we made eye contact, his face softened. He put one arm around me and rubbed my shoulders comfortingly.

"Jake, what's going on?" I asked.

He made a face that looked unsure and sighed. "I'll give you the details when we're alone, but…you were sort of right about us getting into a fight with the Cullens."

I gasped. "No! Did anyone get hurt? What happened?"

"Bella, everyone's okay, but that's not the main point. It's how we got into the fight."

My breathing started getting heavy, but I tried to keep myself in control. I nodded, urging him to continue.

"We ran into them…because we were chasing the redheaded bloodsucker."

Instantly, my stomach churned and I began to feel nauseas. My heavy breathing turned into full blown hyperventilation and I felt like I might pass out. Jacob quickly wrapped both arms tightly around me and started rubbing my back.

"Bella, Bella, calm down," he whispered in my ear.

"She…she came back…for me," I choked out.

"Bella, everything's going to be fine."

"But…but…"

"Trust me, nothing's going to happen to you."

Seth came and sat down next to us while Sam stood close by.

"Bella, there's nothing to worry about," Sam explained, "This just means that we'll have to patrol the borders more often instead of the usual night watch and be extra vigilant. This is actually good. Now that we know she's back, we'll be ready to end things once and for all."

"I hope she comes back soon," Seth remarked.

I cringed at the thought of Victoria coming back at all and Jacob turned to glare at Seth. Seth bit down on his bottom lip and looked back apologetically.

"I've already set up the schedules for when everyone will be doing their patrols, except for you and Seth," Sam announced, "I know that it's important for you to be with Bella, so I'll make your schedule more lenient."

Jacob nodded. "Thanks, Sam."

"Just be extra cautious when you're together. Make sure she's protected, that's your job."

"I always do."

"When do you think I'll patrol?" Seth asked.

Sam looked at Seth and pursed his lips thoughtfully.

"I…I do get a schedule, right?"

Sam smiled and nodded. "Yes. Just give me time to work it out with everyone else."

Seth grinned and shifted himself more comfortably on the couch. I started to calm down a bit as Jacob left one arm around my shoulder and patted my thigh with his other hand. He looked at me and smiled, reassuring that everything would be okay. Seth then looked at Jake, keeping his grin.

"Patrols are boring, you said. Nothing interesting would happen, you said," Seth teased.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Seth. What are the odds that a vampire would show up the moment you join us?"

Seth shrugged. "I guess I got lucky."

"Yeah, real lucky."

"Speaking of luck, I guess it was good that you two chose this weekend to leave Forks," Billy added.

Jacob nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

"We're going to go meet up with the rest and go over when everyone will do their part. Did you want to come too?" Sam asked Jacob.

"I think I'll stay here," Jacob answered and then looked at me, "Right?"

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Alright, that's fine. Just remember that we still have the usual patrol tonight," Sam reminded

"Got it."

"Come on, Seth," Sam commanded, gesturing toward the door.

"Right," Seth responded as he quickly got up from his comfortable slouch and followed Sam out the back way.

It was quiet for a minute as Billy's eyes shifted between the two of us. Even though I knew I'd just worry Jacob, I couldn't keep this frightened look from my face; if not for myself, then for everyone else. The pack was putting themselves in danger for me. They were risking their lives for me. If anyone got hurt, it'd be my fault, I couldn't forgive myself if that happened. My family. My family was in danger. I shuddered and Jacob pulled me closer to him, warming me.

"Everything's going to be fine, Bella," he whispered.

Billy changed to a lighter subject and asked us about our trip to Jacksonville. We told him how the long flight went and about Renee. Billy seemed pretty amused at the way Renee acted toward Jacob and imagined it would be pretty shocking seeing him so huge when he was so small as a child. Renee had us spend a lot of time outside and Jake was able to show off his physical abilities then. I also mentioned how Renee wanted me to go to the University of Florida, but I'd rather stay in Forks, which Jacob liked.

We chatted a bit more about the trip until Jacob's stomach started to growl. I was pretty hungry too, so we all went into the kitchen to see what was in the fridge. We decided to make something easy and quick, so Jake got out the materials for corn beef sandwiches. I cooked the corn beef and added a few spices to it that I doubt Jake or Billy had thought of, as they prepared the bread, cheese, and other condiments so we'd each have two sandwiches. Once the corn beef was done, we all sat at the table to eat. Jake and Billy both complimented me on adding the extra spice, which made me smile. I was no professional chef, but it was nice to know that even for something as simple as this, I could make it taste just a little bit better. Jacob ate his two sandwiches in record time and waited for me to finish. After I was done, we cleaned off our plates and Jake told Billy that we'd be outside as he headed out, gesturing for me to follow.

Jacob got into the Rabbit and slowly drove it into the garage, right next to his friend's motorcycle that was almost all fixed up. He opened the passenger door and patted the seat for me to join him. I got in quickly and Jacob placed one arm around my shoulder and rubbed it. He kissed me on the cheek briefly, but I leaned my face in closer so he could kiss my lips. We kissed for about a minute before I remembered that there was more he needed to tell me.

"Okay, so explain. What happened? How were the Cullens involved?" I asked, parting my lips from his.

"Alright then," he agreed, "I'll tell it from Seth's perspective, since he took my place this weekend."

I nodded and he took a deep breath, preparing to begin.

"Embry, Quil, and Seth were just running the usual routine patrol on Saturday night, when all of a sudden they pick up a fresh trail, not even fifteen minutes old. Sam wanted us to wait for him, but Seth sure didn't want to and neither did Quil or Embry. She was so close and they didn't want her to escape again. So they take off at full speed, but she crossed the treaty line before they could catch up to her. They spread out along the line, hoping she'd cross back, and it was so exciting. It was the most exciting experience in my life." Jacob suddenly paused and made a face, surprised at what he said. "Sorry, that was Seth talking."

I giggled and Jacob looked away in slight embarrassment. "If it was me there, I'd be pretty frustrated. She's such a coward. A damn coward!" He shook his head and started to grimace. "That's when the Cullens come in."

I felt my heart beat faster at the mention of them being there, even though I knew this was coming. Jake rubbed my shoulders some more and waited a few seconds before continuing.

"They chased the redhead back to our side a few miles north of them. It could've been the perfect ambush if they knew where to wait. Then Sam and the others caught up to them, and that's when things started to get dicey. They got closer to the redhead before Quil, Embry, and Seth, but she just kept dancing along the treaty line with the whole coven on the other side. So the big leech, what's-his-face…"

"Emmett," I corrected.

"Yeah, him. He lunged for the redhead, but she's super fast. He ended up missing her and almost slammed into Paul. And Paul…well…he freaked. I can't really blame him though, the bloodsucker was right on top of him. So Paul sprang for him and-"

"No!" I shouted, interrupting him.

"Relax, Bella. I told you no one got hurt."

I tried to maintain my composure and nodded for him to continue.

"Anyway, Paul missed and the big guy got back on his side. But then the blondie girl..."

"Rosalie."

He stopped to give me an irritated look. "…Yeah, well she got all territorial and crap, so Sam and Embry rushed to get Paul's flanks. Then the coven leader and that other blond, I think he's a guy…"

"Carlisle and Jasper."

He sighed. "Whatever, Bella. So Carlisle tried talking to Sam to calm things down, then suddenly, everyone got really calm really fast. I think it was that blond guy with his tricks that you told me about. We couldn't not be calm."

"Yeah, I know how it feels."

"Seth was just excited to be chasing a vampire to really care, but through Sam, it was downright irritating. I know I'd be pissed too, but couldn't feel it until he said I could. Argh!" He shook his head angrily and took another deep breath to calm down. "But anyway, Sam and the head leech…oh, I'm sorry. Sam and Carlisle agreed that the redhead is priority and they started chasing again. They chased her all the way until she hit the cliffs just north of Makah country. That's when she took off into the water. Coward. The big guy and his leader wanted permission to cross and go after her, but of course Sam said no."

I nodded as I took in the story. "And that's it?"

"That's it. See? Nothing to worry about."

"So, everyone's okay? What about Edward? Was he there?"

His face hardened at my mentioning his name. "Yeah, he was the head vamp's little translator for Sam."

"Oh, I see."

We were quiet for a bit, Jacob keeping me close and warm as I rested my head on him. I didn't really know how much time passed, whether between eating or storytelling, but it was getting pretty dark outside with the bright moon and stars providing our light.

"Are you still scared?" Jake asked.

"A little," I admitted.

"You know you don't have to be, right?"

"Well, what about you? You and the pack, I'm scared for you too."

He chuckled. "I'm gonna repeat that. You know you don't have to be, right?

I smiled unwillingly. "I guess, but I don't know if I can keep myself from worrying just a little."

"Bella…" he sighed as he pulled me into his warm embrace. I buried my face into his chest and wrapped both arms tightly around his waist, taking in all his heat.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"Is there anything that'll get your mind off of it?"

I looked up at him and smiled before taking one hand from his waist and placing my index finger on his lips. "This might."

He chuckled and moved my hand to the back of his neck. "Excellent choice."

We both leaned in at the same time, closing the distance between us as our lips slowly met. As we kissed, I started massaging the back of his neck and played with his long hair, which he seemed to enjoy. His one arm held me close to him as his other hand trailed smoothly up and down my waist. I felt his thumb rub in a circular motion as he trailed and it felt nice. It really was nice knowing that I could count on Jacob to relieve my worries. I could just lose myself in him and cherish the moment of being together. So close together.

I started rubbing his back in a similar way, but then his hand began to travel farther up my waist than before. Slowly, he trailed higher and higher until he reached an area he hadn't explored yet. That's when I felt him palm my right breast and his thumb pressed down into the center. I flinched back at his unexpected touch and he immediately pulled both his hands away from me as well as breaking our kiss.

"Oh god, I'm sorry!" he said in panic with his hands up in surrender, "I didn't mean…I…I didn't know I…"

My face was bright red and I stared down at the Rabbit's floor in embarrassment. "It's okay…you just surprised me, that's all."

He grimaced. "I wasn't thinking. I guess I got carried away."

"It's fine."

We just sat there in awkward silence and the distance between us was much too far for me. Jacob was staring out the window with that same grimace, as he held his forehead as if he had a headache. I continued to look at the car floor, trying not to focus on his awkward expression, when the "conversations" I had with Kim, Charlie, and Renee suddenly came to me out of nowhere. It surprised me. Their words mixed together, as images of a dream I had not long ago invaded my mind.

Then it just came out. "I mean…I don't mind."

His eyes widened as he turned to look at me. "What?"

"I don't mind…you know…if you touched me there."

He took a minute to take in what I just said. "You…don't mind?"

I shook my head. "No."

He started thinking for a moment and chuckled awkwardly. "Well, it's just…I don't want Charlie shooting at me or anything. I heal fast, but I'm not one hundred percent sure that I can survive a bullet to the head."

"I don't think you'll have to worry about that too much."

"What do you mean?"

"He talked to me before we left for Jacksonville. He said he'd keep an open mind about that type of thing."

He raised one brow at me. "Really?"

"Yep."

"You've got a pretty cool dad."

I smiled. "I do."

It was quiet again, not really awkward this time, just quiet. I noticed that we had unconsciously scooted closer to each other and Jacob's hand was on top of mine. I interlaced our fingers together as we made eye contact.

"Sooo…" Jake murmured.

"Sooo…" I repeated.

And then, I continued to get lost in him. Our lips met once again, moving together in that perfect synchronization I loved. He held me close to him and began stringing his fingers gently through my hair as I went back to massaging the back of his neck. I slowly moved my hand up to his hair and stroked gently before pulling his face and lips even closer to me than they already were. That's when I felt it, a sudden electric shock. A spark. It moved from my lips and pulsed throughout my entire being. Now as his lips moved with mine, I could literally feel surges of passion rock my body. It was so strange and unfamiliar, but wonderful. This new feeling, it was frightening in a way, but I welcomed it. I welcomed the spark, I wanted more, I could feel my desire for it slowly build.

Our lips parted for a brief moment to look at each other. As I gazed into Jacob's eyes, I could immediately tell that he felt the same thing. The spark, the surge of passion, the desire for more, he felt it all. And with that, I knew that I didn't need to ask anymore. I knew that we were both exactly on the same page. I could feel my want, my need for more rapidly growing, and I couldn't stop it. No. I didn't want it to stop. I wanted it to grow. With every passing second, I wanted more of him. Renee said that I shouldn't rush, I should wait until I was ready. Well, ready or not, there was no way I could stop myself now.

We brought our lips back to each other with an intensity that I'd never felt before. With every movement of our lips, more shock waves spread through me. I felt him run his tongue softly over mine and I returned the motion, taking in and memorizing his taste. Our tongues danced around each other in ways we hadn't dared try before and it just added to the waves of passion invading me.

As we kissed and our need built, Jacob leaned further into me until I couldn't hold my balance anymore. I fell onto the seat of the Rabbit with Jacob laying on top of me, kissing and sucking my lips into his mouth. His hands began to feel me again as he explored the length of my legs. He softly rubbed my hips down to my thighs and lifted my leg up so that it was between his own. My one hand was locked to the back of Jacob's head to keep his lips on mine as I brought my other to his right shoulder. I massaged up and down his shoulder and upper arm, liking how nice and strong he felt, and then trailed my hand over to feel his well-built chest.

Jacob took that as an invitation, as he brought his hands back to my waist. He slowly brought his hand further up my waist until he reached my breast again. He cupped me into his hand and let his thumb softly explored the shape of it. His other hand gradually moved to my other breast and did the same until his movements turned into firm massages. Even through the thick fabric of my shirt, the feeling of him massaging me like this felt so nice. I could feel his heat too, full force, it consumed me, and I wanted more. He then parted his lips from mine and I shivered with sensation as they began to trail down the length of my neck. Kissing. Sucking. The combined effort of him on my neck and breasts created shock waves of passion that felt so good, I couldn't help but let out a soft sigh of pleasure, which I could feel Jacob smile at on my neck.

I began to pull on Jacob's shirt, wanting desperately for him to take it off, as he went underneath mine to feel my skin. We grabbed onto each other's shirts and started lifting them up until he reached the top of my breasts. Suddenly, Jacob all too quickly sat straight up and his head darted toward the garage door in alarm.

"Dammit!" he growled.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"Jake? Jake, you in there?" the familiar voice of Embry came from outside.

I froze in panic at his voice, but even if I could move, he poked his head into the garage opening too fast for me to react.

"WHOA!" Embry shouted with his eyes widening at the sight of me, still lying on my back with my shirt lifted enough to reveal my bare stomach and bra.

His eyes shifted back and forth from me to Jake and he didn't seem sure which was safest to look at, Jake who already didn't look happy to see him or me which would only make Jake angrier.

"Crap. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry…" he muttered as he left the doorway embarrassed.

I was finally able to move and immediately sat up, putting my shirt back down. Jacob and I both grimaced as we knew the moment was now gone. Jacob sighed and got out of the car, heading toward the doorway.

"What do you want, Embry?" he called as he went outside.

I got out too and made my way to his side as Embry came walking back, looking almost permanently awkward.

"Uh…" he murmured.

"Spit it out," Jake ordered, irritated.

"Um…Sam just wanted me to tell you your schedule. You know, when you'll be patrolling during the day."

"Oh. Okay, what is it?"

"Tuesdays and Fridays, right after school."

"Starting this week?" I asked.

Embry nodded. "Yeah."

"Tomorrow's Tuesday."

Jake and I both looked at each other, clearly saddened by our time apart being so soon.

"Hey, you only have two days of patrols. I got five, you should feel lucky," Embry noted.

Jake looked back at Embry and smirked. "When you put it that way, I guess you're right."

"I know you guys are all in love, but it's just two days. You'll be okay."

"Oh!" I gasped, as the idea hit me, "I could visit the Cullens on those days."

"What?" Jacob growled as he looked at me exasperated.

"Jacob, the Cullens know the situation. They could protect me while you're away."

"We're doing the protecting. Nothing's going to get by us."

"Don't you want me to be as safe as possible?"

"Yes and that means far away from vampires."

"You know the Cullens won't hurt me."

"Do I? Do I know that?"

"Jacob!"

Jake let out an irritated grumble and looked at Embry. They seemed to have a short conversation with just eye contact and Jake continued to debate with himself in his head.

Finally, he groaned. "Fine."

"Thank you."

"S'not like I can stop you anyway." He tried to smile, though it came out a bit rough.

"Alright, um, we're about to do our usual patrol tonight. You're coming, right?" Embry asked Jake.

"Yeah, lemme just take Bella home first."

"Sweet, see you there."

Embry ran into the forest and I could see his shadow shuffle out of his shorts and mold into that of a wolf. Jacob grabbed my hand and led me back to the Rabbit. He started the engine quickly and easily drove out of the garage and onto the dirt road. He was driving at his usual speed, fast, but not reckless.

"That was nice, by the way," Jake suddenly said, smiling wide.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Before Embry interrupted us. That was nice…whatever it was."

I returned his wide smile. "Yeah, it was amazing, whatever it was."

"Mm-hmm."

We were quiet for the rest of the ride, until we finally pulled up at my driveway. The lights in the house were still one, so Charlie must've been watching TV or something.

"So, what are you going to tell Charlie if he asks?" Jacob wondered.

"Hmm…not sure," I admitted.

Jake thought about it for a minute and raised his finger as he got an idea. "How about this, Leah Clearwater has been going through some serious boy trouble and she needs another girl there for her. Y'know, offer her advice and comfort. And the reason Billy couldn't tell Charlie, is because Leah would want as few people knowing her problems as possible."

"Oh, that's good!"

"Leah's probably going to give me hell when she finds out I suggested this story but…oh well."

"Good luck."

I opened my door, but leaned over to kiss Jacob's lips before getting out. I could feel more love and passion in this kiss than the usual kisses we shared, as simple as they were, and I had a feeling it would be this way from now on.

"Love you, Jacob," I whispered.

"Love you, Bells," he whispered back.

Author's Note: Dammit, I'm late! I would blame the brown out, but it's mostly due to me being lazy...but also a brown out. I planned on releasing this chapter on May 31st, but our entire street had a brown out that lasted for hours until now. However, I still plan on releasing two chapters per month. So even though this was released in June, it doesn't count as a June chapter. The next chapter will come fairly soon and the one after that will come around the end of June.

P.S. HOLY CRAP, I can't believe I wrote that from Bella's POV...

Wow - good dreams for ME tonight!!   That was wonderful!!   So exciting, and you did an excellent job w/ Bella's POV!!!   If you plan on being a writer, you're off to a great start!!!  I just got a new computern - has Vista & I barely knew XP!!!    Will be looking forward to more updates!!   You & JJ - really keep me in the Twilight zone!!! 
Thank you! :) I remember telling myself that during the more intimate moments with Jacob and Bella, I'd have to switch to Jake's POV. But I figured I could handle Bella this time...
Thank you, and yeah, it was weird. I felt all icky after writing that part (and I might end up having to do it again... -_-;). Yeah, poor Embry was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but Jake won't hurt him...much. ;)
Bhahaha!! poor Embry xD
That was AWESOME.xD I don't mind the lateness, it was waaay worth it anyway. I love this chapter, you were right about things heating up between them. I can't wait for more to come. That was awesome! (I said that already, but it really was)
Thanx, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Yep, things are indeed heating up, I knew people would like that. :P But they've also got vampires to deal with. Kind of a road bump.
Dang it!:p But yeah, the story needs the action too, so I guess that'd be a good thing.
Oh yeaaahh, that was freaaakin gooood! The waiting was worth it! I just feel like killing Embry right now!
I love that kid xD!
Hahahaha, yeaaaaah!!! Thank you! :D Glad it was worth the wait. Yeah, poor Embry's gonna get the glare, even though it wasn't his fault really. Just awkward timing. :P

Guess what, guys. Next chapter is coming this Friday. Yay! But before that, I have a question. I recently made another banner for Solar Flare and I was wondering which one you guys like better.

New One:

Old One:

OH YEAAAAH BUDDYYY:banana:!

Hmmm... I have no idea, the old one has that chemistry between Bella and Jake, but the new one is so cute with Taylor and Kristen...
But I think the old one is better even though they're both really good! 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service